PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: D'Angelo Russell: "Julius Randle Is A Beast" and "I Want My Guys To Gave Confidence"

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 07:52 PM
:lol this kid is a natural born leader....

“Julius looked really good,” Clarkson said. “He’s a monster with the ball. He’s fast. He’s expanded his game with the outside shot.”

Among those praising Randle was 2015 second overall draft pick D’Angelo Russell, who was also out to leave his mark on new teammates. Though it was Russell’s first Lakers practice and Randle’s first “NBA game-speed” session since his injury, both felt they melded quickly.

“That dude’s a beast,” Russell said. “I feel like we’re gonna work the pick-and-roll, transition. Wherever he feels comfortable, we’ll be able to adjust to it.”

Meanwhile, Russell dazzled his fellow young Lakers with a display of passing. In particular, Randle claimed that he was surprised by some of the passes that found their way to him.

“When playing with a lot of guys who aren’t used to playing with me, I feel like they all feel that way,” Russell said. “I just feel like it’s a transition. I know (Randle) being the guy he is — he’s a go-to player. So he’ll be open a lot of times, and he won’t even know it. And I’ll find him and make it easy for him.”

While Clarkson was also impressed by Russell’s ability to “pass the hell out of the ball,” rookie Larry Nance, Jr. highlighted the Ohio State product’s immediate leadership.

“He passed me one on the fast break, and I just didn’t take the jump shot,” Nance said. “I passed it up, and he made sure to come back to me after the possession and say, ‘Hey, you’ve got that shot. Shoot it next time. Have confidence. Confidence is everything.’ And that’s one thing he’s got.”

Confidence is no issue for Russell, who looks to spread some of that around to his Summer League teammates.

“I feel like I can walk into a room with top players and still try to lead,” Russell said. “It’s just a way of nature for me. Coming into this team, I know we have a group of young guys, including myself. Whoever steps up and tries to lead has an open door.”