PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Lakers and Bulls In Talks To Trade Taj Gibson To Lakers

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 10:25 PM
For Sacre/ Kelly/ Young
Taj is an excellent long defender....

Do IT Mitch!!!!

NBA Trade Rumors: Lakers Working on Sign-and-Trade Deal for Bulls’ Taj Gibson?

Lakers Trade Rumors (Photo : REUTERS)

Fresh from agreeing to a trade with the Indiana Pacers for Roy Hibbert, the Los Angeles Lakers are reportedly working on another blockbuster trade, this time possibly for Chicago Bulls big man Taj Gibson.

Thread
07-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Anything to get Young gone. Kelly too.

Johansson
07-06-2015, 10:30 PM
If you guys knew you were gonna need a big why didn't you select Okafor on the draft night, tbh?

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Anything to get Young gone. Kelly too.

If Mitch fucks around and land Taj...this will be one of the single greatest offseaons in NBA history tbh...

Hibbert, Lou Williams, Brandon Bass, Taj Gibso, with all of our stud rookies WTF man...

Now all we'll need is to fire Bscott and hire Kevin Ollie

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 10:31 PM
If you guys knew you were gonna need a big why didn't you select Okafor on the draft night, tbh?

Because Dangelo is 10x the player..ok dick head...thats why the Knicks suck so bad..yall dont know how to evaluate talent

midnightpulp
07-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Taj, Bass, and Randle are like the same player. I'm not shitting on the move, since I think Taj is a solid player, but you're gonna have a log jam at PF (and no, Kool, Randle can't play the 3) with redundant players.

If this happens, Randle might be on the block for a SF, which the Lakers have nothing at right now.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Taj is a good vet player...great defender

Thread
07-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Taj, Bass, and Randle are like the same player. I'm not shitting on the move, since I think Taj is a solid player, but you're gonna have a log jam at PF (and no, Kool, Randle can't play the 3) with redundant players.

If this happens, Randle might be on the block for a SF, which the Lakers have nothing at right now.

:rolleyes

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 10:34 PM

Taj can play 3-5

apalisoc_9
07-06-2015, 10:35 PM
This is what lakerfans are exited about now? Taj Gibson? :lol

Man, the tides have really changed. I remember hating the lakers in 2009 for being a franchise with crazy unfair advantage in free agency.

Lakers is now the knicks of the east. :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 10:36 PM
This is what lakerfans are exited about now? Taj Gibson? :lol

Man, the tides have really changed. I remember hating the lakers in 2009 for being a franchise with crazy unfair advantage in free agency.

Lakers is now the knicks of the east. :lol

Keep letting the media lull you to sleep..thats exactly what we want....

Mnky
07-06-2015, 10:39 PM

:lol

ElNono
07-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Taj would be a good pickup

midnightpulp
07-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Taj can play 3-5

He got beat bad playing SF and C this year.

http://www.82games.com/1415/14CHI10.HTM

Maybe this is more about dumping Young, et al than it is acquiring Taj. It just makes no sense with how the Lakers roster currently is.

spurraider21
07-06-2015, 10:46 PM

Maybe this is more about dumping Young, et al than it is acquiring Taj. It just makes no sense with how the Lakers roster currently is.
so far nothing makes sense according to you. what acquisitions WOULD make sense?

midnightpulp
07-06-2015, 10:46 PM
:rolleyes

Tell me how this move makes sense when you have Randle and Bass?

Kool is wrong about Taj at the 3 or 5. He gets demolished at those positions.

Only thing I can think of is this is about dumping Young.

Scottie Pippen
07-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Good trade for LA

InTheCrust
07-06-2015, 10:47 PM
If Mitch fucks around and land Taj...this will be one of the single greatest offseaons in NBA history tbh...

Hibbert, Lou Williams, Brandon Bass, Taj Gibso, with all of our stud rookies WTF man...

:lmao

i've always snickered when reading KAM's takes, but this time i legitimately laughed out loud.. nigga :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 10:48 PM

He was banged up..but you better hope Mitch dont pull this off..or else yall fucked....

InTheCrust
07-06-2015, 10:49 PM
seriously though, getting swaggy outta LA is definitely something necessary tbh,,, getting taj is a bonus too,,,

Koolaid_Man
Tell me how this move makes sense when you have Randle and Bass?

Kool is wrong about Taj at the 3 or 5. He gets demolished at those positions.

Only thing I can think of is this is about dumping Young.

The NBA is all about matchups..Im really not surprised you dont know that yet...

midnightpulp
so far nothing makes sense according to you. what acquisitions WOULD make sense?

For the Lakers.

Backup center. Small forward. They're ultra thin there, so going after a PF when they already have Randle/Bass is puzzling.

spurraider21
07-06-2015, 10:50 PM
For the Lakers.

Backup center. Small forward. They're ultra thin there, so going after a PF when they already have Randle/Bass is puzzling.
but hibbert didnt make sense according to you

midnightpulp
07-06-2015, 10:51 PM
The NBA is all about matchups..Im really not surprised you dont know that yet...

Taj can't matchup with anyone at the 3 or 5. You got (if you get him) a better version of Brandon Bass, so where does this leave Randle?

Mark Celibate
07-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Because Dangelo is 10x the player..ok dick head...thats why the Knicks suck so bad..yall dont know how to evaluate talent
Teams good at judging a player's ability would probably not offer the dead corpse of Nash 10million a year for three years, or that of Kobe 25 million/yr for two years, tbh.

Arcadian
:lol Getting excited about Taj Gibson...how cute.

But then you'll say "they were just tanking." Pick one and stick with it throughout the season, you cunts.

DPG21920
Lol no way that happens. Chi isn't that dumb. Not for the players you mentioned.

Koolaid_Man

Hibbert is a 1 yr deal..if he plays like he did when he was an Allstar a season ago..were a top 5 team in the West tbh

Scottie Pippen
07-06-2015, 10:53 PM
:lol Spurs fans are acting as if they wouldn't cream their pants if they got Taj

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 10:55 PM
Taj can't matchup with anyone at the 3 or 5. You got (if you get him) a better version of Brandon Bass, so where does this leave Randle?

Randle is our stud....and mark my words hhes gonna fucking give LMA and West the business ....they're both too slow to stay with him..all I'm concerned with is our depth..we got that 7 footer who lead the NCAA in blocks , rebounds, and FG% on our summer league team...

Im happy with my team Mid....

midnightpulp
07-06-2015, 10:57 PM

No. I just laughed at how he was the Lakers big FA signing. But, yeah, he doesn't make sense given the way the game is played now. He can't keep up with the modern game's speed.

The Lakers seem to be throwing shit at the wall, signing all these "names" who are decent enough but not good enough to challenge for a playoff spot, nor are they good enough to be components on a team with title aspirations (to counter the idea that the additions of Lou Williams, Hibbert, and Bass will attract FAs next season).

So yea, the sensible thing for the Lakers to do was to fill out their roster with D-leaguers and try to hold onto their pick.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Teams good at judging a player's ability would probably not offer the dead corpse of Nash 10million a year for three years, or that of Kobe 25 million/yr for two years, tbh.

It was a shot in the dark at title run..made perfect sense..very bad example on your part...were talking rookies college level talent..learn to stick with and follow a conversation ok jack ass...

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 10:59 PM
No. I just laughed at how he was the Lakers big FA signing. But, yeah, he doesn't make sense given the way the game is played now. He can't keep up with the modern game's speed.

The Lakers seem to be throwing shit at the wall, signing all these "names" who are decent enough but not good enough to challenge for a playoff spot, nor are they good enough to be components on a team with title aspirations (to counter the idea that the additions of Lou Williams, Hibbert, and Bass will attract FAs next season).

So yea, the sensible thing for the Lakers to do was to fill out their roster with D-leaguers and try to hold onto their pick.

Not good enough to challenge for a playoff spot yet have all been to the playoffs and are battle tested....hahahabaha Mid...Lay off the crystal meth bruh

Johansson
07-06-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm not really a fan of the Knicks, nor fan of Brooklyn of course. I just chose the Knicks by default because, as you know, my hometown is New York. I asked the mods to change my team to Spurs but no one responded, meanwhile my friend Reck made the same request and it was fulfilled immediately...

And, why do you speak so rude to a Goddess, tbh?

midnightpulp
07-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Randle is our stud....and mark my words hhes gonna fucking give LMA and West the business ....they're both too slow to stay with him..all I'm concerned with is our depth..we got that 7 footer who lead the NCAA in blocks , rebounds, and FG% on our summer league team...

If Randle is your stud, why stick him in between 2 other players on the depth chart?

If Randle and Gibson get the majority of minutes, that means you wasted money on Brandon Bass when it could've been put toward getting a small forward.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 11:03 PM
I'm not really a fan of the Knicks, nor fan of Brooklyn of course. I just chose the Knicks by default because, as you know, my hometown is New York. I asked the mods to change my team to Spurs but no one responded, meanwhile my friend Reck made the same request and it was fulfilled immediately...

And, why do you speak so rude to a Goddess, tbh?

Ooh word? No shit...you got a pussy..PM me then..lets get to know each other and shit....only thing is..you gotta be a white Bitch...sorry those are my rules

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2015, 11:04 PM
If Randle is your stud, why stick him in between 2 other players on the depth chart?

If Randle and Gibson get the majority of minutes, that means you wasted money on Brandon Bass when it could've been put toward getting a small forward.

There's enough room to go aaround...dont you worry mid....we're gonna be deep enough to butt fuck the spurs in oblivion

midnightpulp
07-06-2015, 11:06 PM
There's enough room to go aaround...dont you worry mid....we're gonna be deep enough to butt fuck the spurs in oblivion

You're gonna be so disappointed when the Lakers are in the cellar next season, but not low enough to hold on to your pick. And while this Gibson speculation is fun, I doubt the Bulls take your garbage for one of their key rotation players.

Don't say I didn't warn you, Kool. Just trying to save you from heartbreak.

elmanutres
07-06-2015, 11:07 PM

Lol undersized pf with no shot that can't even last a nba game.

K

Mark Celibate
07-06-2015, 11:11 PM
It was a shot in the dark at title run..made perfect sense..very bad example on your part...were talking rookies college level talent..learn to stick with and follow a conversation ok jack ass...
Trading Caron Butler for Kwame Brown says hi.

Buddy Mignon
07-06-2015, 11:14 PM
For the Lakers.

Randle will be playing a lit of 3. Damn good ball handler and passer. He has worked on his mid range as well.

bluebellmaniac
07-06-2015, 11:19 PM

This.

random21
07-06-2015, 11:27 PM
Taj Gibson. Pts. Rebs assts
TOT 6 yrs 9.2 6.2 0.9
Not a bad guy off the bench... Plays solid d and a whole lot better than those d league guys you guys are sending to the bulls...

illmatic
07-06-2015, 11:37 PM

Wow. OP is in denial, I can at least admit when my team's front office has failed.

hehateme
07-06-2015, 11:50 PM
Should just call it a tank season already and protect the pick.

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 12:14 AM
Wow. OP is in denial, I can at least admit when my team's front office has failed.

Yeah, but your FO has no titles to show for shit. We have a whole lot. I mean a whole fucking lot of titles. Too many to even count, tbh.

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 12:14 AM
Should just call it a tank season already and protect the pick.

Tell your mother to tank.

Donkeybong
07-07-2015, 12:26 AM

your analysis is usually pretty solid, but this is the dumbest thing you have said basketball wise

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2015, 12:28 AM
Pretty solid move, could potentially move the Lakers ahead of the Suns and Kings if everything goes right for them IMO..

They should be better than Portland, Denver and Minnesota..

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 12:29 AM
your analysis is usually pretty solid, but this is the dumbest thing you have said basketball wise

No... he's given much worse.

nowitzkikopf
07-07-2015, 12:30 AM
Hibbert is a 1 yr deal..if he plays like he did when he was an Allstar a season ago..were a top 5 team in the West tbh

LOL

Donkeybong
07-07-2015, 12:30 AM
No... he's given much worse.

you're probably right

100%duncan
07-07-2015, 12:39 AM
Good, one less team to worry about. Im always happy when a playoff team loses a player to a scrub team. Do it Mitch! :toast

MI21
07-07-2015, 01:16 AM
Taj Gibson is 30 years old, I feel like he has only been in the league for about 4 years... what the fuck?

Solid player though, seems a little redundant as pointed out. Hopefully the Lakers make the move, removes a decent player from a team that has a 10% chance of making the finals.

illmatic
07-07-2015, 03:23 AM
Yeah, but your FO has no titles to show for shit. We have a whole lot. I mean a whole fucking lot of titles. Too many to even count, tbh.

16 posts a day Luva? Jesus.

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 07:49 AM
No issue with trying to get Taj but Midis right we are looking at a imbalanced roster with some redundancy. IF we can send Rkelly, hill and Sacre why not? But I wonder what the end game is ...

midnightpulp
07-07-2015, 08:12 AM

Tell me why it's dumb.

Infinite_limit
07-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Taj Gibson is 30 years old, I feel like he has only been in the league for about 4 years... what the fuck?

Solid player though, seems a little redundant as pointed out. Hopefully the Lakers make the move, removes a decent player from a team that has a 10% chance of making the finals.
Taj started 70 games his rookie season. Only 49 games since

It is shocking to realize he is older than Noah

Thread
07-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Taj started 70 games his rookie season. Only 49 games since

It is shocking to realize he is older than Noah

Just as a vehicle to get rid of Swaggy & Kelly is a blessing.

Infinite_limit
07-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Just as a vehicle to get rid of Swaggy & Kelly is a blessing.
He's a nice guy but his mannerisms are a bit immature for a guy his age

LarryDavid
07-07-2015, 06:29 PM

I'm really not surprised you can't read.