Mugen
07-06-2015, 10:28 PM
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1808328-the-fire-is-still-burning

ElNono
07-06-2015, 10:30 PM
I'll have the spanish translation in a bit

Mugen
07-06-2015, 10:30 PM
I know I don't have much longer, but I don't think about that when I play. Who knows? Maybe by June of next year I still feel I can keep helping my team. I don't know. Time will tell.

DesignatedT
07-06-2015, 10:31 PM
I'll have the spanish translation in a bit

:lol

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2015, 10:31 PM
Nice..you couldn't hold out for 5 more minutes and allow Nono to post it, though?:lol..smh..

Mugen
07-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Nice..you couldn't hold out for 5 more minutes and allow Nono to post it, though?:lol..smh..

F Nono tbh...

DAF86
07-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Now, with all those new talents that we incorporated, these players that can change the game while keeping our traditions at the same time, I know we can still achieve a lot.

:hat

ElNono
07-06-2015, 10:33 PM
I enjoy living every day of my life. Now, with the confirmation in mind, things change. I've been training, weightlifting to keep in shape. But now that's all set, that I said I am back and everything is in place, my goals are others. I have to be physically prepared. I have to adjust my strength and my diet. There is no rush with my game, but during my visit to Argentina I ate too much and I'm going to take care of that little by little.

ugh, contagion

Scottie Pippen
07-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Out of respect for the franchise, I couldn't delay my decision much longer. They need time to form a new team. If I decided to stop playing, they had to look for another option. I could wait and see what happened with Aldridge, if he was coming or not. That was my deadline. Once he said yes, it was my turn to decide.I'm staying in because I don't see myself away from basketball yet. Two months passed, enough time to stop the ball and think.
I believe this is a nice opportunity. I am excited about the new team and I didn't want to miss the fun.
Knowing that they were so sure about keeping me in the team was definitely a crucial factor. If they harbored doubts, the decision making process would have been faster. But knowing that they wanted me was nice, it made me feel respected, and the decision comes more freely. It must be pretty hard to retire because you don't have the choice to continue. Luckily, that was not the case.
I didn't watch the second round of playoffs, nor the Conference finals. I was still I bit hurt. Then, when I watched the finals. I missed it a little. I felt that itch telling me I wanted to play again. The fire is still burning.
When it comes to taking such a turning point decision for your life as it is retiring, there can be no doubts. Some days I woke up saying I was quitting. Some days I would be sure to stay. But for such a relevant decision, I needed to be a 100 % sure. Once I said yes, all my doubts vanished. I talked about it with Pop. "I'm excited, I want to do it."
For Many, there never seems to be a problem. Many always wants me to do what I want. My kids are still kids, so for them, the situation remains the same. His father plays basketball for a living, and that's the most normal thing in the world. That's all they want to know.
I am very excited about what's coming. The addition of a player like LaMarcus Aldrigde, one of the best in the NBA nowadays, is very important. That's quite a change for our image.
I'm really going to miss Tiago, a good friend inside as well as outside the court. I will also miss Marco, Baynes and Cory Joseph. Loosing playing mates is always sad, but we all know of the changes that were taking place this year. And within those changes, the arrival of Aldridge is a good thing. It will be interesting to see how a player of his characteristics integrates with a winning team as ours. I feel really optimistic.
We also added David West, a hard and experienced player. He gives us depth and a variety of new options. He dismissed an excellent economic proposal to join our team.
The older you get, the more you know about the time you have left. I know I want to have fun, to treasure those moments, and at the same time, I want to win. If you win, you have more fun. That's my mind. Soon I will be 38, and I know every new season can be my last one. I know I don't have much longer, but I don't think about that when I play. Who knows? Maybe by June of next year I still feel I can keep helping my team. I don't know. Time will tell.
I enjoy living every day of my life. Now, with the confirmation in mind, things change. I've been training, weightlifting to keep in shape. But now that's all set, that I said I am back and everything is in place, my goals are others. I have to be physically prepared. I have to adjust my strength and my diet. There is no rush with my game, but during my visit to Argentina I ate too much and I'm going to take care of that little by little.
I feel flattered that people is happy to know that I will continue playing. It makes me feel well, it helps me find new challenges. You don't want to disappoint anyone. Because all that also implies a responsibility, even if it's not your priority. I want to do things right.
During the last months, when I came across one of those clips they post on Twitter or some video, I watched it and said to myself: "I want to be there, in the court; I want to feel that again, to be part of a team that contagious enthusiasm that we have transmitted during the last few seasons. I am part of something very special for the NBA's present and for its history. The fire is still burning. I want to enjoy it. I want to live it. That's all we have in life. I don't want to miss it. Now, with all those new talents that we incorporated, these players that can change the game while keeping our traditions at the same time, I know we can still achieve a lot.

ElNono
07-06-2015, 10:35 PM

nig is writing in english... im outta the job... :lol

Robz4000
07-06-2015, 10:40 PM
:cry I love you Manu :cry

Spursmania
07-06-2015, 10:43 PM
:cry I love you Manu :cry

To Manu :bobo

manufan10
07-06-2015, 10:48 PM

honestfool84
07-06-2015, 10:48 PM
There is no rush with my game, but during my visit to Argentina I ate too much and I'm going to take care of that little by little.

Now instead of hating on Tony Parker this year, everyone is going to hate on Manu Ginobili. :rolleyes

Mugen
07-06-2015, 10:49 PM
Now instead of hating on Tony Parker this year, everyone is going to hate on Manu Ginobili. :rolleyes

Maybe he can eat Tony tbh.

look_at_g_shred
07-06-2015, 10:50 PM
I love you Manu :cry

lmbebo
07-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Such a gracious and well rounded person. Can't wait to watch him again next year and bitch about what the hell he was thinking doing that. But he's still a marvel to watch and look forward to watching him through another season.

SPURt
07-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Crap, posted on the locked one... yay Manu and stuff... another year... blah blah blah...

Old School 44
07-06-2015, 11:29 PM
Note to Aldridge and West: Stay alert! Be prepared to receive a 40 foot bounce pass while you're running the floor.

Uriel
07-06-2015, 11:31 PM
I'm sorry, I know Manu's not a native English speaker, but I found his phrasing here funny.

We also added David West, a hard and experienced player. He gives us depth and a variety of new options. He dismissed an excellent economic proposal to join our team.

TE
07-06-2015, 11:35 PM
Having a guy like David West in the locker room. Gawdamn man what a steal. Even if he doesn't produce on the floor I think just having a presence like that on your team is better than not having it.

TE
07-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Now all we need is for the fo to find some young legs on the cheap to spot Manu a few mins and possible even games (given the inevitability he will sit out a few).

mudyez
07-06-2015, 11:45 PM
I will also miss Marco, Baynes and Cory Joseph.

Calling one by first name, one by last name and one by full name seems kind of odd. Guess he was tightest with Marco (and Splitter).

Phenomanul
07-07-2015, 12:00 AM

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 12:36 AM
Manu is my favorite all-tiime player

Chamberlain is the second......

As for Manu, this articles shows why he is respected all over the Planet:

class

intelligence

sensitivity

cultured

responsive

responsible

and WISE!

I LOVE YOU MANU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 12:37 AM
sorry, typo......

it should be ......"this article....................."

cutewizard
07-07-2015, 12:38 AM
but he could have returned also as PLAYING-ASSISTANT COACH

tHE Spurs havent invented that "position" yet?? hahaha

Kuvai
07-07-2015, 12:46 AM
Manu, Duncan, KAWHI, LMA, GREEN, WEST --- BIG 6

timvp
07-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Got damn I love Manu :cry

I'm happy he's not calling this his last season. If he plays even as well as last year, I'd want him to continue. If Andre Miller can play until he's 40, why can't Manu? :smokin

Playmakers off the bench who completely buy into their role are impossible to find in the NBA without giving up an arm and a leg. Thankfully, shooting and playmaking are usually the last two talents to go with age ... so avoiding major injury, I see Ginobili as a positive for at least another season.

MI21
07-07-2015, 01:00 AM
I can not believe how this offseason has gone.

I travelled to San Antonio last season purely to watch Tim, Manu and Tony play before it all ended - looks like I get to make the trip back again! :)

100%duncan
07-07-2015, 02:03 AM
2nd best spur of all time

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-07-2015, 04:09 AM
Pick and pop with David West non stop in that 2nd unit, with a couple of 3 point shooters around to space the floor and Diaw to help facilitate if things go wrong will be great to watch. He'll be racking up assists like crazy.

smeagol
07-07-2015, 05:52 AM

I'm happy he's not calling this his last season. If he plays even as well as last year, I'd want him to continue. If Andre Miller can play until he's 40, why can't Manu? :smokin

Playmakers off the bench who completely buy into their role are impossible to find in the NBA without giving up an arm and a leg. Thankfully, shooting and playmaking are usually the last two talents to go with age ... so avoiding major injury, I see Ginobili as a positive for at least another season.

:huddle:

vander
07-07-2015, 06:08 AM

playmaker? really? did you watch the Clipper series?

Manu needs to just run the offense and be a savvy distributor

BOHOLANO#21
07-07-2015, 06:13 AM
Manu, my all time favorite Spur!

jhfenton
07-07-2015, 07:06 AM
2nd best spur of all time

:wow:bang:ihit

I'll give you 4th. You could argue 3rd. 2nd is just...:lmao

Fireball
07-07-2015, 07:20 AM
Having a guy like David West in the locker room. Gawdamn man what a steal. Even if he doesn't produce on the floor I think just having a presence like that on your team is better than not having it.

West let go of 10+ million dollars to join the Spurs ... I do not how it works in the Spurs locker room but I think he will enforce to make sure that everybody is on the same page so that his "financial" contribution is not wasted. He will not allow shit from nobody. As we will have plenty of other new guys this is important.

hater
07-07-2015, 07:23 AM
What a fucking drama queen :lol

BillMc
07-07-2015, 07:30 AM
Nice read. Great to hear he still has the fire, and, in fact, he's left open the possibility of playing even beyond this season.

He and Timmy are my two favorite Spurs ever. Even ahead of David Robinson, the man who made me a Spurs fan. Manu is class personified, and we are very lucky to have him.

daledondale
07-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Article in spanish:
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1808269-el-fuego-no-se-apago
:flag:

daledondale
07-07-2015, 07:49 AM
The fire is still burning. I want to enjoy it. I want to live it. That's all we have in life. I don't want to miss it.
Pretty much how Manu always played and lived.

hater
07-07-2015, 07:58 AM
So who's gonna be our 3 pt shooters now? Besides green and patty we have none

Manu is not a shooter especially now. Smh

DarrinS
07-07-2015, 08:00 AM

Porker?

BillMc
07-07-2015, 08:03 AM

Bertans? Post-phone-injury Bonner? :lol

Most likely some guy R.C. has spotted and isn't on ST radar.

beirmeistr
07-07-2015, 08:18 AM
Ugh, disgusting. How selfish do you have to be to overeat and get fat during the offseason? Just for that, I'm really not passing the ball to him this year.

sometimes I think you really are TP

benfti
07-07-2015, 10:09 AM
I wear 20 on my rec league Jersey, nuff said

buttsR4rebounding
07-07-2015, 10:36 AM

Aldridge did take over 100 threes last year. I am sure he will pick up part of the slack.