PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Paul Pierce: Why the hell did he jump fast on joining them

spursistan
07-07-2015, 12:11 AM
if he thought he is going to a title contender :rollin..They are now an extended injury to one of CP3/Griffin away from potentially missing the POs..Should have waited out the first flurry of big FAs signing.. Spurs or return to Boston would have been better options..

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 12:12 AM
Pierce is not as dumb as the niggas you got playing for minimum wage.

DMC
07-07-2015, 12:19 AM
It's all about the money. That's what they've been saying for years here...

Kobe $$$

TOSB Duncan $$

Fuck rings.. right Dale?

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2015, 12:25 AM
He'll have a pretty significant role for the Clippers, tbh..

spursistan
07-07-2015, 12:27 AM

Yeah, but he would have probably gotten that deal in Boston and finished his career where he started and made his mark..Now he gets to bottom dwell in lower playoff seeds and at best 1st round exit for LAC..I think the Clippers will be rebuilding in year or two; Ballmer will sour on Doc and fire him and one of CP3 or Blake won't be there..

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 12:28 AM
It's all about the money. That's what they've been saying for years here...

Kobe $$$

TOSB Duncan $$

Fuck rings.. right Dale?

Kobe got the most rings and the most money of his era. Jim...

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2015, 12:29 AM
Yeah, but he would have probably gotten that deal in Boston and finished his career where he started and made his mark..Now he gets to bottom dwell in lower playoff seeds and at best 1st round exit for LAC..I think the Clippers will be rebuilding in year or two; Ballmer will sour on Doc and fire him and one of CP3 or Blake won't be there..

I don't disagree, but he is close with Tom Rivers and he's from LA, isn't he?

But ya, he probably assumed DeAndre was staying, I think most of us did..

spursistan
07-07-2015, 12:35 AM
I don't disagree, but he is close with Tom Rivers and he's from LA, isn't he?

But ya, he probably assumed DeAndre was staying, I think most of us did..

Yep.. you see them having a chance at Durant in 2016 or Russ the year after?

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2015, 12:39 AM
Nah, I think Durant goes to Washington or stays in OKC(Miami is apparently a sleeper, too)..

Maybe Westbrook, I suppose, if Paul is gone..

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 12:42 AM
Nah, I think Durant goes to Washington or stays in OKC(Miami is apparently a sleeper, too)..

Maybe Westbrook, I suppose, if Paul is gone..

He would be stupid to go to Washington or Miami. Lebron owns the East.

Clipper Nation
07-07-2015, 12:44 AM

Especially as Durant's backup in a year :stirpot:

scanry
07-07-2015, 12:54 AM
He would be stupid to go to Washington or Miami. Lebron owns the East.

He probably has another year or two tbh. Lebron's decline is going to get ugly.

scanry
07-07-2015, 12:57 AM
Especially as Durant's backup in a year :stirpot:

If i were the Thunder, i'd trade Durant for Blake right bout now.

Chris
07-07-2015, 01:25 AM
Doc has him in his back pocket tbh I'm sure it was something that was underway well before free agency started.

DMC
07-07-2015, 01:28 AM
Kobe got the most rings and the most money of his era. Jim...

No.

Mark Celibate
07-07-2015, 01:39 AM
As much as an extra ring appeals to him, it is not the most he wants at this point of his career since he already has a ring. I think Doc Rivers was a main reason why he signed with them Clippers. Nigga really enjoyed the time he and Rivers spent together in Boston and he wants to reminisce the old days in LA tbh.

LnGrrrR
07-07-2015, 02:31 AM
He's comfortable with Doc, and he's from LA. Makes perfect sense.

Pelicans78
07-07-2015, 06:48 AM
Durant would be smart to join the best player in the league next season in NOLA.

Mark Celibate
07-07-2015, 08:08 AM
Durant has already seen enough tornadoes in OKC so yeah, it'd be really smart of him to move closer to the gulf and witness some hurricanes.

JamStone
07-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Pierce probably has 1 more year left, 2 if he's lucky. They gave him 3 years to give him a little more money and still fit what they wanted to do financially. He's from LA. He gets to go home. Re-signing in Boston might have made sense if he hadn't already played for a couple different teams already. He doesn't have that one team career legacy anymore. While the Celtics are a decent young team that looks to be improving, they're nowhere close to being legit contenders even in the East. The Clippers may be one longterm injury away from disaster, but that would be the case with or without Jordan. Pierce will get minutes and touches and if the Clippers do stay healthy, at least they will be a pretty good playoff team with the chance to upset someone in the playoffs. No, they're not likely to be title contenders, but it's not a bad situation for Pierce at all. He's familiar with Doc. He doesn't have to carry any sort of responsibility or scoring load with Blake and CP3 there. He'll still start. He'll still get his share of shot attempts. He'll even get his share of clutch shot attempts.

It makes all the sense in the world that he went to the Clippers actually.

Mark Celibate
07-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Agree, his familiarity with Doc was a good reason to sign with Clippers over any other NBA team, and it's for the same reason why I advocated last season that we should sign that nigga Jermaine (who used to be coached by Carlisle in Indiana). We're looking for a PG now and I heard that Jamaal Tinsley is a FA currently, why not give him a chance tbh?