View Full Version : Celtics: david lee going east

ducks
07-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 2m2 minutes ago
ESPN sources say that the Boston Celtics have agreed to trade for David Lee

ducks
07-07-2015, 01:49 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 1m1 minute ago
ESPN sources say that the Celtics have agreed to send Gerald Wallace to the Warriors for David Lee

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 01:49 PM
Not a horrible trade but if that was the plan why not get West before SPURS?AND how do Sullinger and Lee fit?

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Miss the Wallace part thought it was just a salary dump ...does he have anything left?

ducks
07-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Not a horrible trade but if that was the plan why not get West before SPURS?AND how do Sullinger and Lee fit?

west turned more money down from cavs,wizards, gs to play with spurs

Thread
07-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Thank God, I thought he might come here, I'd never hear the end of it.

Thread
07-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Miss the Wallace part thought it was just a salary dump ...does he have anything left?

No, and hasn't for many, many years.

baseline bum
07-07-2015, 01:59 PM

It is a salary dump, it saves them $5 million in salary and at least $7.5 million in luxury tax payouts. Wallace is finished, he'll probably never wear an NBA uniform again after this season.

baseline bum
07-07-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm surprised to see them just dump Lee like that. They might have lost the Finals without him and the competition looks a lot tougher for Golden State this year with a stronger Spurs, a stronger Cavs, and then the return of Durant and OKC.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Genuinely thought the Warriors could have done better trading Lee. Quite a few teams left that could absorb his contract into cap space or send back someone better than Wallace at less than $10mil.

Edit : Utah, Indiana, Phoenix, Philly, Blazers...

Thread
07-07-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm surprised to see them just dump Lee like that. They might have lost the Finals without him and the competition looks a lot tougher for Golden State this year with a stronger Spurs, a stronger Cavs, and then the return of Durant and OKC.

Jesus, like your first cogent point since I turned 60.

Thread
07-07-2015, 02:07 PM
It is a salary dump, it saves them $5 million in salary and at least $7.5 million in luxury tax payouts. Wallace is finished, he'll probably never wear an NBA uniform again after this season.

And at one time he was hot shit. I coveted him like I coveted Mitch Richmond.

What the fuck happened, bumster?

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 02:08 PM

This. The margin for error got smaller and Lee absolutely gave them a spark they lacked the first two games.

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 02:08 PM
Jesus, like your first cogent point since I turned 60.

LOL

D-Wade
07-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Wow. Lee is the type of guy you want against West and Diaw. And to get basically nothing in return :lol

Spur-Addict
07-07-2015, 02:17 PM
I thought they would've done him a solid and put him on a halfway decent roster. I was wrong :lol

Red Hawk #21
07-07-2015, 02:19 PM
So the Dubs traded a guy who used to put up 20 and 12 for essentially nothing. Fucking stupid.

baseline bum
07-07-2015, 02:20 PM
This. The margin for error got smaller and Lee absolutely gave them a spark they lacked the first two games.

I forgot about the stretch provision when they waive Wallace: this deal saves them $5 million in salary and $20 million in luxury tax.

lmbebo
07-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Wallace is done. Salary savings for Warriors. Can't afford to pay who they are paying with Lee on the payroll. Not an instrumental part of there team once Lee got injured. He saved there team ironically enough in finals. Plus Lee wanted out I believe. Wants to be playing, etc. If kept his current situation any longer, he probably doesn't earn another high paying contract.

SPM
No he doesn't. Which is why he will agree to terms with your Lakers in a couple days.

TimDunkem
Wallace used to be a double-double guy too. What the hell happened to him? His drop off was sudden. I'm surprised he's even still in the league.

Thread
07-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Wow. Lee is the type of guy you want against West and Diaw. And to get basically nothing in return :lol

Good point. Your first since, well, your first. But, there was more than just a passing conversation twixt Lee and Kerr and the FO on playing time and team stature for Lee. You can bet your bottom dollar on that. Being white and calm innately West kept his mouth shut and soldiered, but, beneath that white veneer he was incensed, livid and ready to go native, Indian or black.

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 02:23 PM
I forgot about the stretch provision when they waive Wallace: this deal saves them $5 million in salary and $20 million in luxury tax.

Good for them but how does that help them repeat? Can they sign someone with that savings even if they are over the cap? Spur fan should know dat shit aint easy. Lebron will be back OKC should be healthy and now Spurs have re-loaded.

baseline bum
Wallace used to be a double-double guy too. What the hell happened to him? His drop off was sudden. I'm surprised he's even still in the league.

He won't be when Golden State waives him.

Thread

And of course in his salad days he'd just lay in wait for us and Kobe then just play balls to the wall for 48 minutes, like Artest would do.

baseline bum
07-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Good for them but how does that help them repeat? Can they sign someone with that savings even if they are over the cap? Spur fan should know dat shit aint easy. Lebron will be back OKC should be healthy and now Spurs have re-loaded.

They can use the mini MLE if they feel like paying a $1.75 per dollar luxury tax on it, which is a lot cheaper than keeping Lee would have been.

ducks
07-07-2015, 02:26 PM
it was a thank you for lee to get playing time but gs could have done better then wallace

lmbebo
07-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Lee was a dump by GS. No one was going to help Golden State save money.

It was like Spurs dumping Richard Jefferson, except that Lee is still capable of playing.

8FOR!3
07-07-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm happy with the idea of not having to play against David Lee coming off the bench in the playoffs. I get that it's dumping a salary, but he can still play a really good role. Is that a salary that really needed to get dumped for a scrub?

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Lee was a dump by GS. No one was going to help Golden State save money.

It was like Spurs dumping Richard Jefferson, except that Lee is still capable of playing.

RJ at minimun is good value for Mavs problem was when you guys had ghim he made way to much in fact he (IIRC) made way more than Timmy did last year and obviously more than David west will ...

LOL, NBA players union.

Dudes like RJ, Luke Walton, Reggie Jackson get overpaid while Tim and Dirk take paycuts to win ... smh

illmatic
07-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Thank God, I thought he might come here, I'd never hear the end of it.

It would've been a good fit too. Ryan McD sitting on his ass not doing shit at the moment.

illmatic
07-07-2015, 03:11 PM
And at one time he was hot shit. I coveted him like I coveted Mitch Richmond.

What the fuck happened, bumster?

You're taking it back now. I remember once a upon a time ago when he was the best shooting guard in the league after Jordan hung them up.

Thread
07-07-2015, 03:14 PM
It would've been a good fit too. Ryan McD sitting on his ass not doing shit at the moment.

Yep.

---

Yep, he's frozen in fear, shell shocked. The longer you look at the Chandler signing the more it smells. LMA was never close to coming here. He gave you hand down probably on order from headquarters, but, it was all show. You want to be respected, to be competitive, and you're not.

I'm tickled, ill, and what's more? I'm tickled pink.

illmatic
07-07-2015, 03:15 PM
I'm just wondering if there was a backup plan after LMA said "no". The way things look it doesn't seem like it.

Infinite_limit
07-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Step 1 of fluke title being exposed - CHECK

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 03:16 PM
You're taking it back now. I remember once a upon a time ago when he was the best shooting guard in the league after Jordan hung them up.

For a short while he was but hi decline was steep once he was in it ... He was a shell on our 2000 title team ... but the RunTMC version and the Kings version (pre-decline) was a beast ...I also saw him in college (kstate) was a helluva player full package: post, jumper, creator defender solid as his nickname just too short for my taste

Thread
07-07-2015, 03:18 PM

Yeah, we signed him after a 15.5 ppg campaign. He couldn't function in the lights. Just sad. Bootie hole? Water tight, ill. A pin, ill, you know the straight pin with the little top on it. Hitched up a 20 mule team to the little top off the old "Death Valley Days" set there in Hollywood, tried to drag that pin outta Mitch's ass. Couldn't budge it. Maybe a 1/4", no more.

Death Valley Days

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 03:19 PM
Step 1 of fluke title being exposed - CHECK

come on Limit, be classy. If it was all a fluke Pop wouldnt go out of his way to fortify your Spurs. They are the champs. Respect it. All champs get some good luck or do injuries to OKC mean your own 5th is tainted? Or how about the 1st?

Spurs were the best team in 2014 (and 1999)
GSW in 2015 any asterisk talk is Pjax level of spin and bullshit.

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Yeah, we signed him after a 15.5 ppg campaign. He couldn't function in the lights. Just sad. Bootie hole? Water tight, ill. A pin, ill, you know the straight pin with the little top on it. Hitched up a 20 mule team to the little top off the old "Death Valley Days" set there in Hollywood, tried to drag that pin outta Mitch's ass. Couldn't budge it. Maybe a 1/4", no more.

Death Valley Days

Granted we had Kobe ahead of him ... but his decline was so swift he rarely ever even showed flashes of "The rock" it was crazy.

Thread
07-07-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm just wondering if there was a backup plan after LMA said "no". The way things look it doesn't seem like it.

No, they stood in the sun for 72 hours, the local Media went bananas. They were hoping he'd wait for yesterday, but, Pop had other ideas and he went on Saturday so they didn't get the full weekend into Monday afternoon here.

But, he wasn't the answer here, ill. He wasn't. He was just shiny and well behaved. That's why everybody jumping on the Lakers are just as silly. LMA wasn't fit for Los Angeles. We just saw the commotion and like white men are apt to do we run right for it.

ducks
07-07-2015, 03:22 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt · 1m1 minute ago
David Lee's agent, Mark Bartlestein, says he and his client are happy with the trade to Boston and that Lee (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1smvmd8

Thread
07-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Granted we had Kobe ahead of him ... but his decline was so swift he rarely ever even showed flashes of "The rock" it was crazy.

It was, it was incredible to see.

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 03:23 PM
No, they stood in the sun for 72 hours, the local Media went bananas. They were hoping he'd wait for yesterday, but, Pop had other ideas and he went on Saturday so they didn't get the full weekend into Monday afternoon here.

But, he wasn't the answer here, ill. He wasn't. He was just shiny and well behaved. That's why everybody jumping on the Lakers are just as silly. LMA wasn't fit for Los Angeles. We just saw the commotion and like white men are apt to do we run right for it.

:lmao

THREAD

Thread
07-07-2015, 03:24 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt · 1m1 minute ago
David Lee's agent, Mark Bartlestein, says he and his client are happy with the trade to Boston and that Lee (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1smvmd8

Yeah, they'll climb onto him---make him Dave Cowens, Jr..

illmatic
07-07-2015, 03:26 PM

Yeah I know that. The smart thing to do would be to continue to rebuild this roster instead of acting hasty and cutting the rebuild short. I think Sarver is getting impatient because the Suns have missed the playoffs for 5 straight years.

Thread
07-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Yeah I know that. The smart thing to do would be to continue to rebuild this roster instead of acting hasty and cutting the rebuild short. I think Sarver is getting impatient because the Suns have missed the playoffs for 5 straight years.

Yeah, but, in reality big deal, you weren't going to compete for the ring anyway. You have to rid the team of the bad guys like we've talked, you still have Morris, PJ and Bledsoe. They know it, but, they don't want to face it, the reality and the embarrassment. Until you do that the rebuild is impossible.

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 03:30 PM
For a short while he was but hi decline was steep once he was in it ... He was a shell on our 2000 title team ... but the RunTMC version and the Kings version (pre-decline) was a beast ...I also saw him in college (kstate) was a helluva player full package: post, jumper, creator defender solid as his nickname just too short for my taste

Mitch didn't come to the Lakers until 2002. Logo had a deal in place to trade Eddie Jones to the Kings straight up for Richmond in 1998. Dr. Buss veto'd that trade. Mitch was still and all-star caliber player at the time... he had a knee injury in 2000 and took a sharp decline after that. By the time we got him he was 36. I personally think the veto of that trade and bringing on Jeannie giving her head position is what led Logo to leave. No way I would have given the keys to my empire to a Playboy Playmate. Her first order of business was to fuck the newly hired head coach.

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 03:31 PM

Yours or theirs?

Thread
07-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Mitch didn't come to the Lakers until 2002. Logo had a deal in place to trade Eddie Jones to the Kings straight up for Richmond in 1998. Dr. Buss veto'd that trade. Mitch was still and all-star caliber player at the time... he had a knee injury in 2000 and took a sharp decline after that. By the time we got him he was 36. I personally think the veto of that trade and bringing on Jeannie giving her head position is what led Logo to leave. No way I would have given the keys to my empire to a Playboy Playmate. Her first order of business was to fuck the newly hired head coach.

Luva is correct, the 15.5 (it was 16.2) was eye candy. Me? I was all over it.

illmatic
07-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Yours or theirs?

こんにちは forum,

I am waiting for that special someone. Luva has dated and been disappointed by the offerings out there, to many women seem to care only about comparing me to ohter guys they have dated, and then they don't hang around long enough to really get to know the silky smoothness of Luva.

I've tried the dating website thing, but those girls are often guys, and I've been embarrassed at least once, well into a date when the truth rudely flops out. pokes out or, on one occasion, is "formally introduced" to me.

I would like to keep it simple though, Japanese women only and even then I am not interested in fat ones. You can be fat on your own time, that's fine, I don't have anything against you, I just like my softness in specific areas, not all over.

Let me break it down for you though:

I am a Pakistani male, age ... let's say less than 35 but old enough to be well versed in the finer sex.

I am a fantastic lover, and I can cook. I have the full collection of Naruto Shippuden. I have action figures and one of my hobbies is to spend days going around my apartment being the Ghost of Gashir. It's really fun to escape into a different world.

I am a professional restuaranteur, with emphasis on fine dining. I am not overweight, in fact I would say I am slim.

I was an all star in high school basketball, and I can still keep it wet from downtown if you know what I mean.

Drop me a PM, let me know about you though, like what do you think of me?

I also love the Lakers, most of all, and even though I have considered becoming a Heat fat, I will probably just keep my head down until this mediocer craze blows over.

Thanks for reading..

Luva

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 03:35 PM
こんにちは forum,

Luva

You're a joke.

illmatic
07-07-2015, 03:37 PM
You're a joke.

Seriously Luva, when his thang came out....was it hard? LMAO! :lol

Faggot.

illmatic
07-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Yeah, but, in reality big deal, you weren't going to compete for the ring anyway. You have to rid the team of the bad guys like we've talked, you still have Morris, PJ and Bledsoe. They know it, but, they don't want to face it, the reality and the embarrassment. Until you do that the rebuild is impossible.

Agreed.

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Seriously Luva, when his thang came out....was it hard? LMAO! :lol

Faggot.

0 & 45... is that hard?

illmatic
07-07-2015, 03:41 PM
0 & 45... is that hard?

こんにちは forum,

I am waiting for that special someone. Luva has dated and been disappointed by the offerings out there, to many women seem to care only about comparing me to ohter guys they have dated, and then they don't hang around long enough to really get to know the silky smoothness of Luva.

I've tried the dating website thing, but those girls are often guys, and I've been embarrassed at least once, well into a date when the truth rudely flops out. pokes out or, on one occasion, is "formally introduced" to me.

I would like to keep it simple though, Japanese women only and even then I am not interested in fat ones. You can be fat on your own time, that's fine, I don't have anything against you, I just like my softness in specific areas, not all over.

I am a Pakistani male, age ... let's say less than 35 but old enough to be well versed in the finer sex.

I am a fantastic lover, and I can cook. I have the full collection of Naruto Shippuden. I have action figures and one of my hobbies is to spend days going around my apartment being the Ghost of Gashir. It's really fun to escape into a different world.

I am a professional restuaranteur, with emphasis on fine dining. I am not overweight, in fact I would say I am slim.

I was an all star in high school basketball, and I can still keep it wet from downtown if you know what I mean.

I also love the Lakers, most of all, and even though I have considered becoming a Heat fat, I will probably just keep my head down until this mediocer craze blows over.

Thanks for reading..

Luva

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 03:44 PM

you are right it was 2002 I should have said early 2000's Lakers

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 03:46 PM
こんにちは forum,

Thanks for reading..

Luva

Where the hell is that from? And what is the short version of the "personal info" wars? Who was the first line stepper?

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 03:49 PM
Where the hell is that from? And what is the short version of the "personal info" wars? Who was the first line stepper?

There is no personal info war. Butts got hurt... they called for my permanent ban... the gal upstairs denied... fake accounts were created... and the rest is history.

illmatic
07-07-2015, 03:51 PM
http://www.japanforum.com/forum/looking-friends-ads/42107-looking-connection.html

Buddy Mignon likes to run around his apartment pretending he's Ghost of Gashir...:lmao

illmatic
07-07-2015, 03:52 PM

All the info you need is right here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175871&goto=newpost

Killakobe81
There is no personal info war. Butts got hurt... they called for my permanent ban... the gal upstairs denied... fake accounts were created... and the rest is history.

I wanst even saying that was legit. Just saying that during that time people were slinging all sorts of personal mud rather than attacking posts or teams it was a funny but dark period here. I have no idea what was true or not but I do know some of that fake personal stuff has stuck and has been preached as gospel.

Also whose butt did you hurt to get them to do all that?

Venti Quattro
So far, the Warriors offseason moves have been re-upping Draymond Green and dumping David Lee for nothing. Not that good compared to their main rivals so far, but the offseason is still long. First thing they have to address is the lack of rebounding. San Antonio is going to kill them with rebounding.

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 04:03 PM
I wanst even saying that was legit. Just saying that during that time people were slinging all sorts of personal mud rather than attacking posts or teams it was a funny but dark period here. I have no idea what was true or not but I do know some of that fake personal stuff has stuck and has been preached as gospel.

Also whose butt did you hurt to get them to do all that?

Tbh... it was never any truth to it for me to keep track of what exactly took place. I just remember them calling for my ban... Kori can confirm this. LJ is on record saying there were over 200 luva trolls requested... a lil obsessed I think. I shitted on the Mavkrew so bad they formed the EC Krew. I forced them to the troll forum, and then mono took a pic that I saved from another site that I posted here... and in some twisted schoolgirl fashion he went to one of the sites he frequents to create that naruto shit. It was their lone victory... I let them have it... no fuss... no fight. Never thought some of them would actually believe it, but you know that they say... you tell a lie long enough it becomes truth.

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 04:06 PM
So far, the Warriors offseason moves have been re-upping Draymond Green and dumping David Lee for nothing. Not that good compared to their main rivals so far, but the offseason is still long. First thing they have to address is the lack of rebounding. San Antonio is going to kill them with rebounding.

They are banking on their young core to get better, which they will. The didn't play great but still won. Bogut, Speights, and Festus is enough size against any team that goes big on them.

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Tbh... it was never any truth to it for me to keep track of what exactly took place. I just remember them calling for my ban... Kori can confirm this. LJ is on record saying there were over 200 luva trolls requested... a lil obsessed I think. I shitted on the Mavkrew so bad they formed the EC Krew. I forced them to the troll forum, and then mono took a pic that I saved from another site that I posted here... and in some twisted schoolgirl fashion he went to one of the sites he frequents to create that naruto shit. It was their lone victory... I let them have it... no fuss... no fight. Never thought some of them would actually believe it, but you know that they say... you tell a lie long enough it becomes truth.

Appreciate your candor here was always curious and not trying to stir them up here you could have just PM the answer but I appreciate your fearlessness.

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Appreciate your candor here was always curious and not trying to stir them up here you could have just PM the answer but I appreciate your fearlessness.

:lol

I was never upset about it. I could debunk in two seconds by just posting a pic. I'm no Asian, nor was I 28 at the time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think mono is Asian. What was amusing was the shocking number of people who was familiar with the material of naruto.

Thread
07-07-2015, 04:15 PM

Honestly, me? By now, oh, Hell, a long time ago...I'd a went, in tears to Girl.

Killakobe81
07-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Never watched it. My kids arent even in to it ... the younger one like Dragon Ball ...My eldest I had watch Macross last summer. That is it for Japanimation on my side. I remember some of the asian dudes that played on HS JV were in to that crazy tentacle penetration animation porn stuff back in the day saw one it was some sick shit....

Buddy Mignon
07-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Never watched it. My kids arent even in to it ... the younger one like Dragon Ball ...My eldest I had watch Macross last summer. That is it for Japanimation on my side. I remember some of the asian dudes that played on HS JV were in to that crazy tentacle penetration animation porn stuff back in the day saw one it was some sick shit....

They needed that win homie... so I let them have it. They was on here talking about leaving the forum. Accusing Kori of fucking me... me being timvp... all kinds of bullshit. What's funny is you have some sensitive ass niggas on this site that will see me tearing shit up and go bump that thread thinking that I give a fuck...:lol Benefactor, AKA Sugar Lips... lives in there. You'll see him posting at some odd fucking hours.:lol

DMC
07-07-2015, 04:25 PM
That's like asking if Somalia had anything left after the incursion.

Spurminator
07-07-2015, 04:29 PM
I know they would have preferred Kevin Love, but happy for the Celts that they got their white guy.

Thread
07-07-2015, 04:42 PM
I know they would have preferred Kevin Love, but happy for the Celts that they got their white guy.

He's tardy (over the hill) though,,,he'll make them sorry and because they're so starved they won't even care.

Wilt Chamberlain
07-07-2015, 05:06 PM
NBA big men should take notes from David Lee. He isn't a very good athlete and its obvious watching him play defense. On offense though he obviously works at his game. His footwork, shot, and system knowledge shows that. The man gets paid and is sought after by multiple teams even if he he cannot move sideways.

Venti Quattro
07-07-2015, 06:03 PM
They are banking on their young core to get better, which they will. The didn't play great but still won. Bogut, Speights, and Festus is enough size against any team that goes big on them.

They need one more big, just an insurance.

Venti Quattro
07-07-2015, 06:16 PM
:lmao Curry

Raven
07-07-2015, 06:19 PM
what a terrible trade for the celtics, i'm really annoyed by this. If he steals any minutes from Sullinger i'll be really pissed.

Raven
07-07-2015, 06:26 PM

:lmao what an awful take

Mark Celibate
07-07-2015, 07:41 PM
People thought at one time that the swap of any two of Josh Howard, Gerald Wallace and Iggy was a lateral move, but now... Gerald Wallace is almost done, Josh nowhere to be found, while Iggy just won the NBA finals MVP.

Thread
07-08-2015, 10:06 AM
People thought at one time that the swap of any two of Josh Howard, Gerald Wallace and Iggy was a lateral move, but now... Gerald Wallace is almost done, Josh nowhere to be found, while Iggy just won the NBA finals MVP.

& what does this tell you, grasshopper? (hint: man is late, of Italian descent, his stomach full of rogue cells).

LnGrrrR
07-08-2015, 10:27 AM
what a terrible trade for the celtics, i'm really annoyed by this. If he steals any minutes from Sullinger i'll be really pissed.

I can't figure out if Ainge wants us tanking or not this year. I also don't know why they seemingly want to trade Sullinger, when he's one of the most talented people on our roster. Just weird overall.

Killakobe81
07-08-2015, 10:37 AM
I can't figure out if Ainge wants us tanking or not this year. I also don't know why they seemingly want to trade Sullinger, when he's one of the most talented people on our roster. Just weird overall.

I like Sullinger too .. not sure why they seem willing to part ways with him. A bit of a tweener but good hoops IQ I saw him play his senior year in HS good all around game not all has translated to NBA but he has a great skillset. Thje right coach (and I like Stevens) may be able to extract more out of him ...

07-08-2015, 10:54 AM
It's a decent move for the Celtics.

Lee's offensive game is better than Sullinger's.

Sullinger has a low FG% for a power forward and he's not the most durable player.

Demanufacture
07-08-2015, 11:00 AM
I actually liked David Lee and what a better fit for him than to join the C's. He will be considered the next best white boy in their eyes lol.

Killakobe81
07-08-2015, 11:18 AM
It's a decent move for the Celtics.

Lee's offensive game is better than Sullinger's.

Sullinger has a low FG% for a power forward and he's not the most durable player.

It's because he is short not because he cant shoot. His shooting range has improved since HS and his one college year (IIRC). Lee is a grinder that has improved his game ... hoops comes easy for Sullinger he just lacks height.

ducks
07-08-2015, 11:22 AM
lee could work with him and get him better

Venti Quattro
07-27-2015, 12:02 PM

Spurtacular
08-15-2015, 05:21 AM

Celts weren't tanking. And maybe you're just to close to it; but I think you're over-rating Sullinger. He's a role player. He's very expendable. Maybe, it's cos you guys spent a first rounder at a time when young blood was desperately needed and you see him as a symbol of revitalization; but the C's can move on without him just fine. It's like getting rid of Brandon Bass.

LnGrrrR
09-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Celts weren't tanking. And maybe you're just to close to it; but I think you're over-rating Sullinger. He's a role player. He's very expendable. Maybe, it's cos you guys spent a first rounder at a time when young blood was desperately needed and you see him as a symbol of revitalization; but the C's can move on without him just fine. It's like getting rid of Brandon Bass.
It's more about the lak of talent on our roster than awesomeness from Sully. But he can definitely do some good things.