PDA

View Full Version : A couple of vets that could be had for the vet min

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 02:33 PM
So basically, the team just need a backup center who can protect the rim, a shooter to replace Marco & a 3rd string point guard.

Jermaine O'Neal: I know he's injury prone & can't play 82 games but the team just need a SITUATIONAL big (ala Ezeli) to throw at Dwight/Marc Gasol in the playoffs. He has had a year off (got injured late in the 2014 reg season) so his body should be able to give the team a solid 10-15 minute when called upon. He also has beef w/ Dwight & doesn't back down.
-Recent Highlight: JO dominating KG in 2014 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PwzPE6bJqM)

Jason Richardson: Has barely played for the past 3 season (52 games) but dude can score as well as anyone that can be had for a vet min. He came back from a meniscus injury late the past season & had a couple of scoring binges plus, Brett Brown has nothing but good things to say about him.
. He could be a 10-15 Michael Finley type player since he still can shoot the rock. Oh, he also SUPPOSEDLY got Nash's wife pregnant so more ammo to piss off the Suns fan base.
-Recent Highlight: J-Rich torching Dion Waiters & almost beating OKC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PwzPE6bJqM)

Donald Sloan: A guys that has bounced around the league but was able to show he belongs in the league early this past season when he was starting the Pacers. He doesn't have range ala CoJo nor is he a tenacious defender but the guy can get into the paint & isn't hesitant on offense unlike CoJo.
-Recent Highlight: Carrying the Pacers to victory over the Mavs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gXnmLsSLrk)

Bonus: Ben Gordon was recently waived by the Magic to save money but dude is healthy & happens to be a DEADLY corner 3 point shooter. I wouldn't mind him in a Gary Neal type role since he's a proven playoff performer. Automatic at the FT line.
-Recent Highlight: Doin' work against the Raptors (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR2obdXt_bY)

For the remaining 2 spots: Jean Charles could be the situational backup wing defender ala Aminu & just leave one spot open for potential buyout/10-day contracts.

I would also like to add Rasual Butler to the mix as Marco's replacement. He stated a couple of games in December for the Wizard when Pierce was injured & was very serviceable. He's friends w/ D-West & at the end of his career so I think he would be willing to sign for the vet min. Oh yeah, he isn't scared of Ibaka: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC3vtFhVl7o
-Recent Highlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uGP1u9iOjc

TheGreatYacht
07-07-2015, 02:51 PM

Spurs always one move ahead, would be a solid pickup but we lack the athleticism needed to go up against the Thunders and Rockets of the league. Let's see how LJC keeps playing in the summer league.

DPG21920
07-07-2015, 02:54 PM
I would not mind Ben Gordon at all. Yes, he has been pretty bad, but I think he can still be at worst an average 3PT shooter and if he's in a good system, he might have a shot at being back to a really good 3PT shooter.

DAF86
07-07-2015, 02:56 PM
I would not mind Ben Gordon at all. Yes, he has been pretty bad, but I think he can still be at worst an average 3PT shooter and if he's in a good system, he might have a shot at being back to a really good 3PT shooter.

I would rather go for Aaron Brooks first.

DPG21920
07-07-2015, 02:59 PM
I would rather go for Aaron Brooks first.

He's back with Houston.

Duncan2177
07-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Prince and Brooks

Gordy58
07-07-2015, 03:00 PM
Jason Richardson is pretty intriguing, could replace Belli's shooting off the bench. I would like to see someone younger in that spot though. Someone like Gerald Green or Wayne Ellington who Danny Green has obvious ties to. Also for the backup Center spot I'd like Emeka Okafor, or Kevin Seraphin. Should just give 3rd PG spot to Nate Wolters or as you mentioned Donald Sloan. Can't do worse there.

cd98
07-07-2015, 03:01 PM
I wonder if it is going to take some time to fill out the roster because most of these guys are probably shopping around for something more than the minimum. Once they exhaust all options, then I think they are included to take the minimum with the Spurs over most other teams.

LakerHater
07-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Heard Ray Allen reached out & expressed interest in joining the SPURS!!

tim_duncan_fan
07-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Aaron Brooks and Gerald Green.

Do it, PATFO.

lmbebo
07-07-2015, 03:06 PM
ben gordon is just lazy. hasn't been anything special since he left chicago. PASS. Talented, but really effing lazy.

O'neal probably won't come out of retirement. I think the Mavs tried to lure him out last year, but he didn't want to.

Haven't seen Richarson since he's come back from multiple injuries, etc. Don't know what he can't and can do anymore.

lmbebo
Aaron brooks just signed a 1 year deal with someone ...

BOHOLANO#21
Brooks to chicago bulls

look_at_g_shred
07-07-2015, 03:07 PM
WOuld Green take the vet min though? I could see a team giving him like a 3 year 9 mill contract just based on his athleticism.

cd98
07-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Spurs need to get this guy as their center:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/report-larry-sanders-is-playing-basketball-again-maybe-070715

CGD
07-07-2015, 03:10 PM
^ agree with post above. Spurs will be patient and see what opportunities fall to them. Also there is still plenty of teams with capspace so I wouldn't be surprised if some of these targets get fairly decent offers yet.

lmbebo
07-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Jason Smith to Orlando for 1/4.5

Gordy58
07-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Aaron Brooks and Gerald Green.

Do it, PATFO. I think Brooks resigned with the Bulls, Gerald Green thoooo. Sign him up :toast

hater
07-07-2015, 03:14 PM
LIL Nate Robinson?

Holden_Caulfield
07-07-2015, 03:23 PM
bargnani to replace bonner

lcroock
07-07-2015, 03:32 PM
We need a ball handler badly. jameer nelson would be nice. The only problem is that you cant play him and patty together

ceperez
07-07-2015, 03:37 PM
WOuld Green take the vet min though? I could see a team giving him like a 3 year 9 mill contract just based on his athleticism.

That's why I ignore all the Gerald Green suggestions.... he is just too expensive.

ceperez
07-07-2015, 03:41 PM

Spurs always one move ahead, would be a solid pickup but we lack the athleticism needed to go up against the Thunders and Rockets of the league. Let's see how LJC keeps playing in the summer league.

He's a minimum guy... but at his age, does he have any ahtleticism left?

lmbebo
07-07-2015, 03:44 PM
We need a ball handler badly. jameer nelson would be nice. The only problem is that you cant play him and patty together

From what I read, Nelson wants to join a contender as a starter ....Doesn't want to be a backup to anyone.

TheGreatYacht
07-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Not at all. Just a deadly shooter if left open, which there's a lot of those out there.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Maybe Parker can yell at Seraphin until he agrees to sign for the vet min.

afireinside20
07-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Getting Ray Allen and Tayshaun Prince would be good pick ups

cd98
07-07-2015, 03:50 PM
On the cheap, we need: Butler (Rasual or Caron), Jameer (Jimmer as backup), and Larry Sanders at center. Those are all minimum deals. Not sure what Spurs want to do with back up PG. If they want scoring/shooting, then Jameer or Jimmer would be good in spot minutes shooting off the pick and roll. If they want a defender a la Cojo, well then we are probably screwed bc I don't know that there is one. I guess Kawhi and Green will have to guard the point guards.

ceperez
07-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Not at all. Just a deadly shooter if left open, which there's a lot of those out there.

His 3point field goal averages look decent.

pgardn
07-07-2015, 03:54 PM
From what I read, Nelson wants to join a contender as a starter ....Doesn't want to be a backup to anyone.

Then he is not joining a real contender.

TheGoldStandard
07-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Spurs need to get this guy as their center:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/report-larry-sanders-is-playing-basketball-again-maybe-070715

Larry Sanders with his head screwed on right would be a super steal and fuck the league for interior defense who can patrol the perimeter with the lineup we would have.

texbumTHElife
07-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Ben Gordon is an absolute black hole if allowed to be the main ball handler and when not, is prone to stand and watch, BUT he is an absolute sniper when he has time and spacing. I would be all about adding him on a 1 year deal. Aldridge is money on those corner kick-outs and Gordon is a plus shooter from the corner.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-07-2015, 03:59 PM
What a fat idiot.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:00 PM

He surprising has some hops for a 35 year old spot up shooter
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMthSBeK7lg
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMthSBeK7lg

cd98
07-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Larry Sanders with his head screwed on right would be a super steal and fuck the league for interior defense who can patrol the perimeter with the lineup we would have.

Yes, the year before the mental breakdown he was 2nd in Blocks behind Ibaka. Take a flyer on this guy.

Holden_Caulfield
07-07-2015, 04:02 PM
anyway we can get mario chalmers?

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Ben Gordon is an absolute black hole if allowed to be the main ball handler and when not, is prone to stand and watch, BUT he is an absolute sniper when he has time and spacing. I would be all about adding him on a 1 year deal. Aldridge is money on those corner kick-outs and Gordon is a plus shooter from the corner.

He a career 43% shooter from the corner & he shot 52%:wow in 2012-13 while playing w/ a bunch of scrubs. Imagine what he could do when he's getting clean shots in the Spurs system ala Patty.

HarlemHeat37
As long as it isn't Andre Miller, Caron Butler or Tayshaun Prince, tbh..

spurraider21
gordon can be like gary neal tbh

Kawhitstorm
No, he isn't a free agent...unless you want RC to trade Patty for Rio:lol

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Miller doesn't fit the Spurs system & Butler has been miserable as a spot up shooter in the postseason ala RJ but I wouldn't mind Tayshaun in an Austin Daye/Bonner type role.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Larry Sanders is Andrew Bynum 2.0.....avoid at all costs.

Darkwaters
07-07-2015, 04:13 PM
I used to really like Rasual Butler when he played for the Oklahoma City Hornets.

That was a long time ago though...but if he has anything left in the tank though he wouldn't be terrible at all.

cd98
07-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Larry Sanders is Andrew Bynum 2.0.....avoid at all costs.

Naw. Bynum had messed up knees. Sanders has a messed up head. But there was no helping Bynum's knees. I think Sanders could thrive off the bench on a team full of veterans. Face the facts, when you only have a million to spend on a center, you might as well take a risk, especially when the rest of your roster is basically set.

Kawhitstorm
-Jermaine O’Neal just couldn’t get physically ready to play (http://twitter.com/espn_macmahon)which is why he didn't sign w/ the Mavs.
-Richardson showed he could still score when given minutes in March/April & Brett Brown said he was a good locker-room guy.
-Ben Gordon is lazy but the guy shot 52% on corner 3s in 2012-13. He's a rich man's Gary Neal.

SPURt
Ew, the bar is about to close and I'm starting to not feel so bad about pushing a wheel chair out the door... None of the above?

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Sanders isn't going to play for the vet min & has too big of an ego to be a bench warmer. A team like the Clippers are more suited for him considering that Doc is a players coach & would let him get away w/ his off court stuff. Bynum was a head case BEFORE his knee injury & was a head case while rehabbing. He was sued by his neighbors multiple times for disturbing the peace & often parked in handicap spots b/c he was a douche bag. Why do you think Kobe liked him more than he liked Gasol?

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Rasual Butler can still shoot 3s, he gave the Wizards nice minutes during the regular season, last year, he could do the same for the Spurs and doesn't have a big ego like Caron Butler or Prince, too..he wouldn't be an option in the playoffs, though, will get exposed..

I would rather get a player in his late 20s or younger, but if they are planning on signing another old guy, I would take R. Butler over the others..

cd98
07-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Sanders isn't going to play for the vet min & has too big of an ego to be a bench warmer. A team like the Clippers are more suited for him considering that Doc is a players coach & would let him get away w/ his off court stuff. Bynum was a head case BEFORE his knee injury & was a head case while rehabbing. He was sued by his neighbors multiple times for disturbing the peace & often parked in handicap spots b/c he was a douche bag. Why do you think Kobe liked him more than he liked Gasol?

Maybe. But maybe no one is really calling him bc they are spooked by how he quit basketball. Bad teams with young players won't take a chance. And the good teams don't have a lot of money to throw his way. He's not getting a big multi year contract until he proves he's stable. What better place to start than the Spurs.

And Doc won't put up with off court crap. And Pop is well known as a players coach.

ceperez
07-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Rasual Butler can still shoot 3s, he gave the Wizards nice minutes during the regular season, last year, he could do the same for the Spurs and doesn't have a big ego like Caron Butler or Prince, too..he wouldn't be an option in the playoffs, though, will get exposed..

I would rather get a player in his late 20s or younger, but if they are planning on signing another old guy, I would take R. Butler over the others..

The rumor mill is showing that Spurs are interested http://projectspurs.com/2015-articles/report-spurs-among-teams-interested-in-rasual-butler.html

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/are-spurs-interested-in-signing-rasual-butler-070715

BatManu20
07-07-2015, 04:23 PM
I keep seeing Tayshaun Prince's name coming up on this board. Do y'all not remember how terrible he's been the past two seasons? He's completely washed. Can't even knock down a jumpshot consistently anymore.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:24 PM

If they could find a young guy that would sign for the vet min & be trusted in the postseason then sure but otherwise Butler is at least serviceable in the regular season & play situational minutes in the postseason. If he's relatively healthy, I would take Jason Richardson since he's an okay defender & can create his own shot not to mention he is a very good post-up player thus team can't hide their weak-links on him. Hopefully, Brett Brown will give the PATFO a "heads up" if he's an option.

cd98
07-07-2015, 04:24 PM

Hard to get a young guy with talent for the minimum. Basically need a veteran or sign a D-Leaguer and hope he pans out.

SPURt
07-07-2015, 04:25 PM
I'd rather go for a young complete unknown like Ryan Broekhoff then see Tracy McGrady part two. Why don't we kick the tires on Jason Williams (White Chocolate) since we are raiding the old folks home? (I am not serious about Jason Williams, I was making a point) Ben Gordon?? Really??

Holden_Caulfield
07-07-2015, 04:25 PM
where is jimmer? kawhi's college nemesis :lol

ceperez
07-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Hard to get a young guy with talent for the minimum. Basically need a veteran or sign a D-Leaguer and hope he pans out.

I wonder why teams are avoiding Jarrel Eddie?

tholdren
07-07-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm lost on why ST thinks that Spurs should sign players who cannot attack the basket. The perimeter players who can create their own shot on SA this year are.......

Tony - if not injured, but getting worse
Manu - Hit and Miss due to age/minutes
KL - Defers in the clutch
Danny - Why did I list?
Patty - probably the best, but he's a shooter - doesn't attack the rim

That list looks pretty weak, and our best 2 are probably bench players unless KL takes more control.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:27 PM
I keep seeing Tayshaun Prince's name coming up on this board. Do y'all not remember how terrible he's been the past two seasons? He's completely washed. Can't even knock down a jumpshot consistently anymore.

He had a bounce back season & is a proven commodity. Weren't folks saying Manu was done after the 2013 postseason? Prince is still an above average defender & can knock down corner 3s.

cd98
07-07-2015, 04:28 PM
where is jimmer? kawhi's college nemesis :lol

Free agent. But he's Mills with worse defense. I still see him as a decent option at third string PG if he can find his shooting touch. No doubt he can be had for minimum.

BatManu20
07-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Free agent. But he's Mills with worse defense. I still see him as a decent option at third string PG if he can find his shooting touch. No doubt he can be had for minimum.

jimmer would not be a bad option at all as a 3rd String PG. I doubt we go that route, but when his confidence is up, he can shoot the lights out. He's good in the PnR too. He's a terrible defender though. Would be Gary Neal all over again. But at the minimum as a 3rd stringer, you can't really expect much more.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:30 PM
I'm lost on why ST thinks that Spurs should sign players who cannot attack the basket. The perimeter players who can create their own shot on SA this year are.......

Tony - if not injured, but getting worse
Manu - Hit and Miss due to age/minutes
KL - Defers in the clutch
Danny - Why did I list?
Patty - probably the best, but he's a shooter - doesn't attack the rim

That list looks pretty weak, and our best 2 are probably bench players unless KL takes more control.

The offense is going to be a bunch of pick-n-pops thus penetration for drive-&-kicks isn't going to be a big part of the offense. You just need shooters to keep defenders honest when the guard the PnP. Just look at the Mavs offense w/ PRIME Dirk. It was Jason Terry & Josh Howard handling the ball but they weren't drive & kick guys.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:33 PM
jimmer would not be a bad option at all as a 3rd String PG. I doubt we go that route, but when his confidence is up, he can shoot the lights out. He's good in the PnR too. He's a terrible defender though. Would be Gary Neal all over again. But at the minimum as a 3rd stringer, you can't really expect much more.

Jimmer CAN'T run an offense & is a worse defender than Neal. The closest thing to CoJo out there on the market that can be had for the vet min is Donald Sloan.

ceperez
07-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Seth Curry available?

tholdren
07-07-2015, 04:36 PM
The offense is going to be a bunch of pick-n-pops thus penetration for drive-&-kicks isn't going to be a big part of the offense. You just need shooters to keep defenders honest when the guard the PnP. Just look at the Mavs offense w/ PRIME Dirk. It was Jason Terry & Josh Howard handling the ball but they weren't drive & kick guys.

Then SA will have to have a stellar defensive team and no injuries to ring.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Maybe. But maybe no one is really calling him bc they are spooked by how he quit basketball. Bad teams with young players won't take a chance. And the good teams don't have a lot of money to throw his way. He's not getting a big multi year contract until he proves he's stable. What better place to start than the Spurs.

And Doc won't put up with off court crap. And Pop is well known as a players coach.

Doc WOULDN'T have cut Stephen Jackson nor put Blair in the dog house. Guess who picked up Stephen Jackson after he was released by Pop?......Doc Rivers!

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:38 PM

There is no need for a poor man's Gary Neal when Mills is the backup PG. Neal got minutes in 2012-13 b/c Mills was the 4th PG in the depth chart, time have changed. Need a guy that can get to the rack, run the offense & play respectable defense aka Donald Sloan.

BatManu20
07-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Jimmer CAN'T run an offense & is a worse defender than Neal. The closest thing to CoJo out there on the market that can be had for the vet min is Donald Sloan.

Sloan is better defensively, but a pretty terrible shooter. Barely shot 30% from 3 last season IIRC. Guess that would be similar to Cojo though.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Sloan is better defensively, but a pretty terrible shooter. Barely shot 30% from 3 last season IIRC. Guess that would be similar to Cojo though.

Yeah, he can make 3s (made 41 last season) but his bread & butter is getting to the rack. I pretty sure his percentage would improve if he was getting open looks rather than playing w/ Hibbert.

cd98
07-07-2015, 04:44 PM
I'll be curious to see what the Spurs do at back up PG. I think they need one for sure with Parker playing this summer.

cd98
07-07-2015, 04:46 PM
Doc WOULDN'T have cut Stephen Jackson nor put Blair in the dog house. Guess who picked up Stephen Jackson after he was released by Pop?......Doc Rivers!

Pop made Stephen Jackson when no one wanted him. Jackson will go to war for Pop. He always says great things about Pop. I wonder why Jordan left Doc. I don't think Pop has ever had a major player leave like that.

GSH
07-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Heard Ray Allen reached out & expressed interest in joining the SPURS!!

I hope that's true. I know a lot of people don't like the guy, but he's a clutch performer if that exists. And he's only a couple of years removed from that Finals appearance. The Spurs are looking for guys to fill minutes off the bench. They could do a lot worse than Ray Allen. Unless he's just completely out of gas, he knows his way around the court, and he's proven in playoff situations. Those 16 games are the most important of all.

lmbebo
07-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Pop made Stephen Jackson when no one wanted him. Jackson will go to war for Pop. He always says great things about Pop. I wonder why Jordan left Doc. I don't think Pop has ever had a major player leave like that.

I think he was concerned about Clippers future.

And rumored that Jordan had grown tired of Chris Paul and his act.

I think lastly, he felt like he wouldn't get to play how he felt he could play. He felt he could do more and be more. Clippers just wanted him to play defense, rebound and catch lobs.

Brian Windhorst
07-07-2015, 05:12 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2399.png&w=350&h=254

Brian Windhorst
07-07-2015, 05:16 PM
I see nothing wrong with Lallane/Bertans/LJC/Bonner and then waiting for buyout season tbh

DMC
07-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Scola

Nathan89
07-07-2015, 05:23 PM

Penetration for easy scores is necessary though.

GSH
07-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Penetration for easy scores is necessary though.

I hate Jason Terry. Fucking HATE Jason Terry. But I would celebrate him playing for the Spurs right now, for what they could pay him. He's still fast enough to get the corner on defenders, and get to the rim. And he's still fast enough to lead a fast break effectively. Both of those are things every team needs. But if he plays that cheap, it's unlikely it will be any place but Dallas. He'll be in their FO, or on their bench in a suit in a couple of years anyway.

beirmeistr
07-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Getting Ray Allen and Tayshaun Prince would be good pick ups

great for the playoffs

Chinook
07-07-2015, 05:44 PM
So basically, the team just need a backup center who can protect the rim, a shooter to replace Marco & a 3rd string point guard.

Jermaine O'Neal: I know he's injury prone & can't play 82 games but the team just need a SITUATIONAL big (ala Ezeli) to throw at Dwight/Marc Gasol in the playoffs. He has had a year off (got injured late in the 2014 reg season) so his body should be able to give the team a solid 10-15 minute when called upon. He also has beef w/ Dwight & doesn't back down.
-Recent Highlight: JO dominating KG in 2014 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PwzPE6bJqM)

Jason Richardson: Has barely played for the past 3 season (52 games) but dude can score as well as anyone that can be had for a vet min. He came back from a meniscus injury late the past season & had a couple of scoring binges plus, Brett Brown has nothing but good things to say about him.
. He could be a 10-15 Michael Finley type player since he still can shoot the rock. Oh, he also SUPPOSEDLY got Nash's wife pregnant so more ammo to piss off the Suns fan base.
-Recent Highlight: J-Rich torching Dion Waiters & almost beating OKC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PwzPE6bJqM)

Donald Sloan: A guys that has bounced around the league but was able to show he belongs in the league early this past season when he was starting the Pacers. He doesn't have range ala CoJo nor is he a tenacious defender but the guy can get into the paint & isn't hesitant on offense unlike CoJo.
-Recent Highlight: Carrying the Pacers to victory over the Mavs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gXnmLsSLrk)

Bonus: Ben Gordon was recently waived by the Magic to save money but dude is healthy & happens to be a DEADLY corner 3 point shooter. I wouldn't mind him in a Gary Neal type role since he's a proven playoff performer. Automatic at the FT line.
-Recent Highlight: Doin' work against the Raptors (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR2obdXt_bY)

For the remaining 2 spots: Jean Charles could be the situational backup wing defender ala Aminu & just leave one spot open for potential buyout/10-day contracts.

EDIT: I would also like to add Rasual Butler to the mix as Marco's replacement. He stated a couple of games in December for the Wizard when Pierce was injured & was very serviceable. He's friends w/ D-West & at the end of his career so I think he would be willing to sign for the vet min. Oh yeah, he isn't scared of Ibaka: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC3vtFhVl7o
-Recent Highlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uGP1u9iOjc

I'd only be interested in Richardson on that list. Only vet additional vet I'd want on the team is a PG ideally. Ideally, the rest of the guys would be under 30.

TheGoldStandard
07-07-2015, 05:46 PM
I'd only be interested in Richardson on that list. Only vet additional vet I'd want on the team is a PG ideally. Ideally, the rest of the guys would be under 30.

Richardson and Parker on the same team.. Uh Oh... All joking aside.. Yeah, Sloan would be decent as a spot up shooter in the SG position but Richardson has the experience.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Seth Curry available?

Again, with Marco gone the team needs a PROVEN shooter who Pop can trust in the postseason for situation minutes not some D-league star who could work his way into the rotation in a couple years. If it was replacing Williams w/ Curry for the Austin Daye spot then it would be fine.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 06:04 PM

Sloan is a combo guard & is under 30. Besides, Rasual is most likely to land on the Spurs if he's chasing a ring unless another contender lures him w/ more money.

Robz4000
07-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Scola

Scola thread!

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 06:07 PM
Richardson and Parker on the same team.. Uh Oh... All joking aside.. Yeah, Sloan would be decent as a spot up shooter in the SG position but Richardson has the experience.

No, Sloan is a combo guard who can run the offense not necessarily a shooting guard although he's a scoring guard. He's basically a poor-man's version of the current Tony.

Austin_Toros
07-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Apparently Ben Gordon was a cancer with the Magic.

I wonder if Emeka Okafor will make a return this season.

itzsoweezee
07-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Jason Richardson is pretty intriguing, could replace Belli's shooting off the bench. I would like to see someone younger in that spot though. Someone like Gerald Green or Wayne Ellington who Danny Green has obvious ties to. Also for the backup Center spot I'd like Emeka Okafor, or Kevin Seraphin. Should just give 3rd PG spot to Nate Wolters or as you mentioned Donald Sloan. Can't do worse there.

These are all good options.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 06:11 PM
I hate Jason Terry. Fucking HATE Jason Terry. But I would celebrate him playing for the Spurs right now, for what they could pay him. He's still fast enough to get the corner on defenders, and get to the rim. And he's still fast enough to lead a fast break effectively. Both of those are things every team needs. But if he plays that cheap, it's unlikely it will be any place but Dallas. He'll be in their FO, or on their bench in a suit in a couple of years anyway.

If anything he would be the designated FT shooter considering Manu's decline. In any case, it seems like the Mavs are trying to bring him back to fill the void left by Monta.

Chinook
07-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Sloan is a combo guard & is under 30. Besides, Rasual is most likely to land on the Spurs if he's chasing a ring unless another contender lures him w/ more money.

The Spurs don't need a combo-guard. They need a point-guard. They need someone who can direct the offense when Parker or Manu go out.

Dverde
07-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Jameer Nelson. He hit some big shot in the playoffs before. I could see him running the point and patty moving over as shooting guard for stretches.

Lostwingman
07-07-2015, 06:18 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2399.png&w=350&h=254

Jesus he looks like he's about to break down in tears. Someone tell him to stare into a flashlight for this shot?

ace3g
07-07-2015, 06:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tON3vUSRR5U

ceperez
07-07-2015, 06:37 PM

Nice find! Between Butler and Richardson, I'll take Richardson. He's had more success in his career, younger and more athletic (in his prime).

on second thought... Butler has a much better 3 point percentage last season.

Walter Donovan
07-07-2015, 06:38 PM
I'm sure these are all serviceable players, but the real question is do any of them fit the Spurs player mold?

ElNono
07-07-2015, 06:40 PM

:lol who remembers this?

_QLEKveS7DE

monkeypunk
07-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Jameer Nelson. He hit some big shot in the playoffs before. I could see him running the point and patty moving over as shooting guard for stretches.

I like Jameer for the backup pg role but he won't come for the min.

ace3g
07-07-2015, 06:48 PM
uh oh

David Pick @IAmDPick
(https://twitter.com/IAmDPick)Keith Bogans is 35-years-old, playing Summer League for Portland. Hasn't been in an official game in 2015.

timtonymanu
07-07-2015, 06:49 PM
uh oh

David Pick @IAmDPick
(https://twitter.com/IAmDPick)Keith Bogans is 35-years-old, playing Summer League for Portland. Hasn't been in an official game in 2015.

Det Centerpiece

Mugen
07-07-2015, 06:52 PM
"I'm Coming Home" - Keith Bogans :cry

Nathan89
07-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Sloan would be fine with me and combo guard is not really a major detractor. I don't want to play patty next to most pgs because the lineup would be too small. Anyone who is willing to take a third string role the majority of the time probably wouldn't be as good a Sloan for a potential Parker replacement if he gets hurt. We were so fortunate to have Cory. The benefit of the combo is being able to give them a decent role on the team even when the team is healthy, but still having a quality player to fill in if Tp goes down.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 07:14 PM
The Spurs don't need a combo-guard. They need a point-guard. They need someone who can direct the offense when Parker or Manu go out.

Bruh, they need a 3rd string point guard NOW. They aren't getting a future starting PG or 6th man from the current crop of free agent point guard available for the vet min. Basically, Sloan is a stop gap & the PATFO can scour the market for play-makers next season when they have cap space available.

Plum Island
07-07-2015, 07:23 PM
I hope that's true. I know a lot of people don't like the guy, but he's a clutch performer if that exists. And he's only a couple of years removed from that Finals appearance. The Spurs are looking for guys to fill minutes off the bench. They could do a lot worse than Ray Allen. Unless he's just completely out of gas, he knows his way around the court, and he's proven in playoff situations. Those 16 games are the most important of all.
Hear hear!

Edit: misspelling.

Chinook
07-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Bruh, they need a 3rd string point guard NOW. They aren't getting a future starting PG or 6th man from the current crop of free agent point guard available for the vet min. Basically, Sloan is a stop gap & the PATFO can scour the market for play-makers next season when they have cap space available.

They need one by the start of the season. The point is that being combo-guard drops his value in my opinion. The Spurs need someone who can run their offense as a reserve. They don't just need anyone. There will be better options available.

tholdren
07-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Det Centerpiece
why the hell would anyone let bogans play in any summer league, let alone when he's 35. Must be some real crappy youth.

therealtruth
07-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Det Centerpiece
:lol

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Nice find! Between Butler and Richardson, I'll take Richardson. He's had more success in his career, younger and more athletic (in his prime).

Richardson was coming off a meniscus surgery & had barely played for past 3 seasons. He was rusty & was just getting his feet under him in April. Butler has been mediocre as a spot up shooter in the postseason w/ the Clippers/OKC. I see a lot of Finley in J-Rich.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 08:55 PM
There will be better options available.

Name one that could be had for the vet min by the start of the season.

Chinook
07-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Name one that could be had for the vet min by the start of the season.

Wolton.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 11:27 PM
Wolton.

Puke Walton?!?! If you are talking about Wolters dude made zero 3s last season & shot 33% from the FT line. His assist to TO ratio was also laughable. His win-share was NEGATIVE. All his career advance stats (VORP/DBPM/OBPM/BPM) are negative although he played on crappy teams. He's 24 so it ain't like he's a serious project material. Might as well bring back Nando since he at least has "corporate knowledge" rather than some white bol from South Dakota.

popdagreat
07-07-2015, 11:57 PM

didnt even know he still plays lol

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 11:59 PM
didnt even know he still plays lol

He hasn't played for the past 3 season b/c of the Sixers grand tanking plan as it all started when he was traded as part of the Iggy transaction. Maybe he could revive his career ala Vince w/ the Mavs.

wildbill2u
07-08-2015, 02:11 AM
The FO is on such a roll that whoever they pick is gonna be the best available for the positions that need to be filled and will come cheaper than expected. I've never seen a off-season like this before for the Spurs. Just kick back and watch.

100%duncan
07-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Rasual Butler.

Why do people keep saying Prince? Wow, have you watched him play the last 5 years

tav1
07-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Wishlist: Actual PG (vet who can run offense), Dorell Wright, Matt Bonner, Jeff Withey. Leave a spot open or try an Austin player--someone like Jarell Eddie and Traveon Graham--on non-guaranteed deals. On the Eddie/Graham/whomever route, one good NBA skill would suffice, hopefully shooting.