PDA

View Full Version : Three reasons Warriors won't hand NBA title back to Spurs

ducks
07-07-2015, 02:49 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/three-reasons-warriors-wont-hand-nba-title-back-spurs?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Mr. Body
07-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Fair enough. But any perceived weaknesses in LMA's or West's defense doesn't seem too important, as long as their close outs and helps are tight. Perimeter D is the premium against Golden State.

As for guarding their backcourt, Curry is a tough cover and Green does alright. The key is Kawhi on Thompson, who often struggles.

I'm very interested, meanwhile, in how the Warriors cover the Spurs' front court depth. Not quite to Memphis levels, but the Spurs have some good post players.

ducks
07-07-2015, 02:58 PM
I hope spurs do not play them tell after the allstar break and they can gel first and see what happens
also with more scorers now leonard can just try to stop or slow curry down and not worry as much to save energy for o

hater
07-07-2015, 02:59 PM
not really scared of them. We always play them well.

Kinda like how Mavs always play us well. IMO

BillMc
07-07-2015, 03:02 PM
It's interesting that the press in the Champs' home area feels the need to write an article justifying why they are still better. Guessing there's some fear going on there...

TheGreatYacht
It's interesting that the press in the Champs' home area feels the need to write an article justifying why they are still better. Guessing there's some fear going on there...

TheGreatYacht
OKC has me more concerned, tbh...

ceperez
07-07-2015, 03:05 PM
Good points

Great points, Spurs need to bring in LJC to play perimeter defense. He has enough speed and length to cover Thompson, Green, Barnes or Igodola.

Curry has shown that he can be covered with a guy as untalented as Delevedova. Maybe at scrappy Bertans can cover him and at the same time be a 3 point threat.

Spurs need to bring in an Jarrel Eddie. At 6'7" he has enough size to at least cover a Thomspon or Igodola at the same time be a legitmate threat at the 3.

Yup, its going to be a shooting contest if the Spurs don't have enough quick perimeter defenders to shut down Curry and Thompson. Leonard can shutdown curry and LJC can shutdown Thompson. Let's see how Green can play against a bigger Aldridge.

look_at_g_shred
07-07-2015, 03:05 PM
To me the only reason why I had doubts against OKC was their frontline. Ibaka just takes over the paint and our offense goes to shit. Now that we have Aldridge, things will be so much easier against them imo.

MeloHype
07-07-2015, 03:06 PM

ceperez
07-07-2015, 03:07 PM

OKC is a a hadful too. Westbrook is so much better, but Leonard has shown that he can bottle him up. That leaves though Durant, which again you need LJC to give him fits. LJC at 6'9" and 7'2" length has enough speed to give Durant just enough problems.

bklynspursfan
07-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Green/Kawhi do just fine on Curry/Thompson. Idk what this guy is smoking

Oh and:

Look, none of this is to suggest the Warriors can waltz past the Spurs. I always was convinced the Warriors would have taken out the Spurs had they met in the 2015 playoffs. The Warriors had more speed and agility by a wide margin. They would have ousted the Spurs in five or six games.

:lol

TheGreatYacht
07-07-2015, 03:08 PM
To me the only reason why I had doubts against OKC was their frontline. Ibaka just takes over the paint and our offense goes to shit. Now that we have Aldridge, things will be so much easier against them imo.
Yes, Ibaka only gave the Spurs problems when Splitter was in there just clogging up the paint. With LMA, Diaw, and West on the team now he's not as much a threat as he was before. If Diaw went off for 25+ against him just by spreading the floor... :lol can't even imagine what LMA will do

Gervin44Silas13
GS had a cake walk to the Finals no way they can beat us in a 7 game series....the whole NBA is still in hangover mode after the big moves weve made...
Our team city and Organization is fucken awesome!!!!!!

Mr. Body
OKC is a a hadful too. Westbrook is so much better, but Leonard has shown that he can bottle him up. That leaves though Durant, which again you need LJC to give him fits. LJC at 6'9" and 7'2" length has enough speed to give Durant just enough problems.

You're head over heels in love with LJC, aren't you?

look_at_g_shred
07-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Bay Area ignoring the fact that we were a bad matchup for them before adding LMA/West :lmao

look_at_g_shred
07-07-2015, 03:09 PM
You're head over heels in love with LJC, aren't you?
Did you see him last night??

ElNono
07-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Hand it over... hand it over NOW

FromWayDowntown
Things have changed on both sides, but between Game 3 of the 2013 playoffs and the end of the 2014-15 regular season, the Spurs are 9-2 against the Warriors (regardless of who is coaching that team). One of those 2 losses was the second night of a back-to-back in Oakland against a Golden State team that hadn't played in 9 days.

It's not like the Spurs have struggled to find success against the champs, even in their current iteration.

Who knows what would have happened if the teams had met in the 2015 playoffs. I'm surprised, though, to read so much chatter from Warriorsland that seems to think their club is the only team chock full of guys with championship pedigrees and to wholly discount just how effective the Leonard/Green tandem has been in those match ups.

Yes, the Spurs still have some work to do to tinker with this roster to optimize its flexibility, and absolutely, the Warriors might still end up being the better team at the end of the 2015-16 season. They're damned good. And everyone, including Monte Poole, is entitled to his opinions about these teams and their relative strengths. But the rationale advanced in this piece is just a bunch of rah-rah stuff that lacks much relationship to relevant recent history.

ceperez

Ibaka is indeed a monster on defense. Aldrige is good enough to be able to back him down and score on him.

Mr. Body
07-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Did you see him last night??

Yes.

hater
07-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Injuries have me more concerned. and since those can't be controlled. I'm not concerned.

BillMc
07-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Hand it over... hand it over NOW

peacemaker885
Season barely ended and these insecure fucks are already at it.

TheGreatYacht
Yeah that's only one of the reasons they're a bigger threat. Two alphas that can explode for 40 anytime and you can't forget about the ghost calls.

Jean-Charles was meant to be put on someone like KD..

Spur84
07-07-2015, 03:14 PM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/1wZTGds8AU2XkqRRHOsFRDBSaUo=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3576186/whi_swipegg.0.gif

Mr. Body
07-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Things have changed on both sides, but between Game 3 of the 2013 playoffs and the end of the 2014-15 regular season, the Spurs are 9-2 against the Warriors (regardless of who is coaching that team). One of those 2 losses was the second night of a back-to-back against a Golden State team that hadn't played in 9 days. It's not like the Spurs have struggled to find success against the champs, even in their current iteration.

Who knows what would have happened if the teams had met in the 2015 playoffs. I'm surprised, though, to read so much chatter from Warriorsland that seems to think their club is the only team chock full of guys with championship pedigrees and to wholly discount just how effective the Leonard/Green tandem has been in those match ups.

Yes, the Spurs still have some work to do to tinker with this roster to optimize its flexibility, and absolutely, the Warriors might still end up being the better team at the end of the 2015-16 season. They're damned good. And everyone, including Monte Poole, is entitled to his opinions about these teams and their relative strengths. But the rationale advanced in this piece is just a bunch of rah-rah stuff that lacks much relationship to relevant recent history.

This is the way I'm thinking, too. Everything depends on health, but the Spurs give the Warriors fits. They're one of the few teams in the league with two premiere outside defenders to guard the motors of their offense. And now that Aldridge and West are in, the Spurs might just overpower them down low. They do have the better bench right now, but given that any matchup btw the two in the POs was a toss-up to me, it's tilted more in the Sours' favor now.

ceperez
07-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Yeah that's only one of the reasons they're a bigger threat. Two alphas that can explode for 40 anytime and you can't forget about the ghost calls.

Without LJC, Spurs will have to live with Green on Durant. You can't stop Durant, so you might as well live with bottling up the other guy.

FromWayDowntown
07-07-2015, 03:15 PM
I think the thing that should be scary about OKC is the possibility that Donovan can put those guys into something resembling an offensive structure that is intended to reduce the alternating isolations in favor of movement that will create good looks for them and allow them to create good looks for their teammates.

If Durant is whole physically and Donovan can implement a real offensive system there, they will be a bitch for anyone to beat.

Dex
07-07-2015, 03:18 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/B1RWvgJ3VExhK/giphy.gif

Aztecfan03
07-07-2015, 03:18 PM
The Spurs have no answer for Curry. And if San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich were to turn to Leonard, then who takes Klay Thompson? Green is good, but not that good.

ceperez
07-07-2015, 03:19 PM
This is the way I'm thinking, too. Everything depends on health, but the Spurs give the Warriors fits. They're one of the few teams in the league with two premiere outside defenders to guard the motors of their offense. And now that Aldridge and West are in, the Spurs might just overpower them down low. They do have the better bench right now, but given that any matchup btw the two in the POs was a toss-up to me, it's tilted more in the Sours' favor now.

The problem that I see is that the Warriors can do the same number that the Spurs did against the Heat. Tire everyone out by running a superior bench. Spurs have old guys and a depleted bench. They've got to restock with young capable guys to keep up with the pace.

The author is right about Parker being key, if he isn't his old self, Spurs are going to have problems.

Chillen
07-07-2015, 03:19 PM
The Warriors would have probably lost to the Cavs if Irving didn't go down in game 1. Spurs always play them well, it's still OKC that has me concerned. Don't get me wrong, congrats to the Warriors, they will have to be beat first. There is no on paper championship. If Spurs stay healthy and continue to tweak this roster, I like their chances vs the OKC's, Warriors, Grizz, Mavs Clips, Rockets in a 7 game series.

ceperez
07-07-2015, 03:20 PM

Thompson disappeared in the finals... was there a stellar defender on him?

hater
07-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Finals MVP Andre Igoudala :lmao :lol :lol

Hoops Czar
07-07-2015, 03:22 PM

You're reading too much into it. Pounding the Rock and SAEN does the same thing. And it still gets posted here.

Supreme_Being
07-07-2015, 03:24 PM
IIRC during the last SAS-GSW PO series when Pop switched DG to Curry and KL to Thompson, we did alright. Well, that, and Curry had a bum ankle.

TheGreatYacht
07-07-2015, 03:26 PM
"Green is good, but not that good" :lmao

Didn't Klay Reddick finish off Game 6 with 5 points? :rollin

Aztecfan03
07-07-2015, 03:28 PM

why don't we just stick with Kawhi on Durant and Green on Westbrook?

TheGreatYacht
07-07-2015, 03:30 PM
why don't we just stick with Kawhi on Durant and Green on Westbrook?
Other way around is better IMO

ceperez
07-07-2015, 03:32 PM
I think the thing that should be scary about OKC is the possibility that Donovan can put those guys into something resembling an offensive structure that is intended to reduce the alternating isolations in favor of movement that will create good looks for them and allow them to create good looks for their teammates.

If Durant is whole physically and Donovan can implement a real offensive system there, they will be a bitch for anyone to beat.

If OKC gets a smarter offensive system they could be unstoppable. Unfortunately, OKC doesn't have that kind of players in their rosters. Adams, Ibaka aren't great passers.

The supporting cast isn't as good as it used to be, no Sefelosha, no Reggie Jackson, no Martin, no Harden. I don't even know who the SG is for OKC. Their bench is non-existent. How long will their bench last against the likes of Ginobili, Mills, Diaw and West???? Spurs will just run OKC to the ground. Durant and Westbrook will be dead tired when they reach the 4th quarter.

ceperez
07-07-2015, 03:34 PM

I agree... KL on Westbrook. Green really can't cover Durant, but Durant is a very hard cover anyway. Best option is to get LJC on him, not going to stop him, but will at least make him work for his shots.

james evans
07-07-2015, 03:35 PM
it's too much thought being put into this. We're gonna kick their asses easily. Aldridge can hit the open jumper. Green isn't gonna be able to sit down low. This is why we beat the thunder in 2014. Popovich realized(what I had mentioned 2 games prior) to start diaw to bring Ibaka out of the paint. The beige brothers never play well against green and curry, but with the emergence of iquadala, we may have a few issues. We may have to play a lot of mills(who defends curry a hell of a lot better than parker) and then it's an easy win. EASY WIN!! quote me. It's too much worrying about nothing.

Supreme_Being
07-07-2015, 03:36 PM

Why do think that?

Aztecfan03
07-07-2015, 03:39 PM
I agree... KL on Westbrook. Green really can't cover Durant, but Durant is a very hard cover anyway. Best option is to get LJC on him, not going to stop him, but will at least make him work for his shots.
So which one are you removing from the starting lineup: Green or Aldridge?

Spurtacular
07-07-2015, 03:40 PM
"Tony Parker’s body has become a victim of hard driving and high mileage ... The Spurs have no answer for Curry"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePw4iiV8yzs

TheGreatYacht
07-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Why do think that?
Length. Green doesn't have enough of it to get back on Westbrook if he decides to settle for a mid range jumper or drive to the rim recklessly imo.

Like ceperez said, you can't really stop Durant but Green will at least make him work

ceperez
07-07-2015, 03:44 PM
So which one are you removing from the starting lineup: Green or Aldridge?

You take Green out and you have Parker cover the SG (whoever he is) of the Thunder.

cd98
07-07-2015, 03:47 PM
GS barely beat a crappy Cavs team for the title. Spurs have the best wing defensive combo in the league. More than enough stuff to shutdown Thompson (though he shuts himself down) and Curry.

Spurtacular
07-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Very hacky journalism....but the bar for intelligence is low in Oakland.

Spurtacular
07-07-2015, 03:49 PM
Dude's making the case that if KL guards Curry, then Green can't guard Thompson.

I don't know one Spurs fan who's worried about that scenario. The worry is Parker.

Aztecfan03
07-07-2015, 03:50 PM
You take Green out and you have Parker cover the SG (whoever he is) of the Thunder.
SO then you would take away our best 3-point threat and a lot of spacing away on the offensive end for a minor defensive upgrade(which i don't think it even would be) maybe individually against Durant, but not overall defense.

Spurtacular
07-07-2015, 03:54 PM
To the victor go the spoils. This article is the equivalent of a sh** talk article; and for now, the Warriors can get away with it somewhat. I hope the Spurs play the Warriors and beat em in 4 or 5 and just put them back in their natural station.

spursistan
07-07-2015, 03:55 PM
I can feel dat fear :lol

Mikeanaro
07-07-2015, 03:57 PM
3) A bit of meaningful math works in favor of the Warriors
One of the many philosophies under which the Warriors operate on offense is that three points always beats two.
The Spurs will lose Belinelli, who won the 3-point shootout during All-Star Weekend in 2014.
No team is going to beat the Warriors shooting 2-pointers while struggling to contain their 3-point shooters.
The Warriors, firing treys and playing ferocious defense and daring Aldridge to prove he can deliver in the clutch, will welcome the battle.
:lmao asterisk, when in the hell has GSW won a Playoff series against SA? how that math is in favor of the Guerriors?
:lmao 3 pointers, worst scheme ever... winning against a DLeague team shooting shoes ´n bricks while needing 6 games.
:lmao thinking about repeating.
:lmao David Lee was more useful than Bogutless and now he´s gone.

cd98
07-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Three points do beat two, but if you make three point shooters shoot 15% and then you make 50%-60% of your twos, then twos will beat threes. Besides, the dumb logic, Green is one of the best three point shooters in the league. He can more than make up for Belinelli's loss.

TheGreatYacht
07-07-2015, 04:02 PM
David Lee for Gerald Wallace :lmao

ceperez
07-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Three points do beat two, but if you make three point shooters shoot 15% and then you make 50%-60% of your twos, then twos will beat threes. Besides, the dumb logic, Green is one of the best three point shooters in the league. He can more than make up for Belinelli's loss.

The author forgot that the Spurs have Patty Mills. Sure Belinelli won the 3 point contest, but Patty has connected on more 3 point shots in the playoffs.

cd98
07-07-2015, 04:10 PM
The author forgot that the Spurs have Patty Mills. Sure Belinelli won the 3 point contest, but Patty has connected on more 3 point shots in the playoffs.

Hey, I forgot about Patty too. Between him, Green, Kawhi, and (hopefully) Manu, we have lots of firepower from three point range. Now if Diaw could hit them, that would be a game changer. Word is that Aldridge can make them...that would really open up the floor.

SPURt
07-07-2015, 04:11 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/B1RWvgJ3VExhK/giphy.gif

HAHA! This

ironman2886
07-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Haters acting like they don't know the Wingstop brigade. The Warriors players and Kerr know what team gives them problems and beats them on the reg.

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/c7368d8f03a89ba6487b6c7098deea348f583ecc_m.gif

GSH
07-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Did somebody suggest the Warriors would hand the title to the Spurs? Did anybody, anywhere think that? The Warriors are the champs, until somebody kicks their asses and takes the LOB from them. The writer may think that the Spurs are incapable of doing that, but I guarantee you neither Kerr nor the GS players think that way right now. If it comes down to those two teams in the WCF, it will be a dogfight. But, frankly, the writer is getting a little ahead of himself, because there are a BUNCH of strong teams in the West, and the Warriors will have to beat three of them. He's talking like it will be a cakewalk getting to the Finals.

Lots of people going out of their way to try and explain why the Spurs won't be as good as they look right now. That, in itself, is a good sign. They're whistling past the graveyard.

Phenomanul
07-07-2015, 05:20 PM
The Warriors had no one to matchup with Diaw... And our 6th best player will still take them to school...

DMC
07-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Warriors had the rare benefit of being healthy during the RS and playoffs. The injury bug gets everyone over and over, and will get them again.

soxxx
07-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Its fun to talk about this but we cannot forget the Thunder, the coaching change in OKC will likely have a similar effect as we saw in GS. Scott Brooks had no clue how to run an offense yet they still played very good.

101A
07-07-2015, 05:33 PM

Reveling in an NBA championship is SHORT in terms of national attention. Learned this in '99, when the Lakers hired PJ RIGHT after the Spurs won, and he make the * comment, then when the Lakers stole the spotlight with their 4 HOF lineup in '03...the Dubs are learning that lesson now - championships last forever, but the new season (beginning to crown the NEXT champion) starts immediately after the parade.

Lebron4MVP
07-07-2015, 05:47 PM

No. OKC is not ringing. Durant is already bolting them next Summer. Their front office fucked up too many times. Too little too late. You are treating this team like the 2010 Cavs. We all know the end game for this team.

random21
07-07-2015, 05:51 PM
FNQ (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=48265)Forum Mod
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/images/ranks/team-mod.pngPosts: 35,387And1: 618Joined: Jul 16, 2006Location: De-funkedhttp://forums.realgm.com/boards/images/nba/golden_state_warriors.gif (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=15) http://forums.realgm.com/boards/images/mlb/oakland_athletics.gif (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=114) http://forums.realgm.com/boards/images/nfl/oakland_raiders.gif (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=172) http://forums.realgm.com/boards/images/ncaa/california.gif (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=36)Re: How to beat the Spurs? (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1398199#p44256793)

(http://forums.realgm.com/boards/posting.php?mode=quote&f=15&p=44256793#start_here)

Post (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=44256793#p44256793)#5 (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=44256793#p44256793) » by FNQ (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=48265) » Today 5:08 pm
On a Spurs site somewhere: "How do we stop Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson?"

I dont think they can out-efficiency us. We're too good from deep. Even if they do the Green-Kawhi-Parker shuffle again, we shouldn't have a problem with Bogut and Green setting mean picks.

LMAO (Setting mean picks) - STUPID WARRIOR FANS... Asterisk :lobt2: :lol

TampaDude
07-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Three reasons they will...

1. Tim Duncan
2. Kawhi Leonard
3. LaMarcus Aldridge

Seis.

100%duncan
07-07-2015, 08:46 PM
We can play them any match-up they want. Small ball with lma kawhi green manu mills. Regular with Tim lma/bobo west. And their fag bros are wingstop's bitches

TheDoctor
07-07-2015, 08:58 PM
WTF are those bitches talking about?!? We just replaced Baynes and Tiago with David West and LaMarcus FUCKING Aldridge, re-signed FMVP/DPOY and Verde. WTF?

Same dumbheads as warriorsworld. Same.

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2015, 09:00 PM
:lol analyzing matchups in July, wow..

Sean Cagney
07-07-2015, 09:02 PM
not really scared of them. We always play them well.

Kinda like how Mavs always play us well. IMO
Not really, Spurs beat the Mavs over 10 straight games or so at one point and beat them the last two times in the playoffs. When healthy last year they dusted them off as well. They played us well in that series though, agreed on that part. They beat the Mavs though, Warriors don't beat the Spurs usually.

daslicer
07-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Reveling in an NBA championship is SHORT in terms of national attention. Learned this in '99, when the Lakers hired PJ RIGHT after the Spurs won, and he make the * comment, then when the Lakers stole the spotlight with their 4 HOF lineup in '03...the Dubs are learning that lesson now - championships last forever, but the new season (beginning to crown the NEXT champion) starts immediately after the parade.

Its weird but I was thinking about that the other day when it was announced that West had decided to sign with the Spurs. I feel the signings of West and LaMarcus feel similar to Malone and Payton granted those two were past their primes and the spurs still have LaMarcus in his prime. The Spurs are getting hyped like the '04 Lakers and the Warriors are getting disrespected like the '04 Spurs. I just hope the Spurs don't have the same tragic ending as the '04 Lakers did.

DAF86
07-07-2015, 09:14 PM

This is what happens when franchises test success for the first time in a long ass time. It will take a couple more of playoffs battles for these dudes to really know what's up.

SpursFan86
07-07-2015, 09:16 PM

FA moratorium hasn't even been lifted yet :lmao

rayray2k8
07-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Still a long way from finding out, but they wont have to hand it over. It'll probably just get taken away.. Doesn't matter if its from the Spurs or anyone else.

Diego20
07-07-2015, 09:59 PM
can't belieave you used capital letters for the title..

spurspokesman
07-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Take there back court away and the rest of the team will follow

BillMc
07-08-2015, 01:04 PM

All true.

dgspursforlife
07-08-2015, 01:50 PM
lol those ignorant fags
I seem to recall us shutting them down last season

Obstructed_View
07-08-2015, 02:14 PM
And the whistling past the graveyard starts in Oakland.

spurs10
07-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Hand it over... hand it over NOW :lol
Enough of that 'they still have to play the games bullshit!' Cancel the season....book the river parade!

BanditHiro
07-08-2015, 02:20 PM
to be fair, the Warriors are going to have a hard time playing their small ball line-up that won them the championship against the Spurs. They are going to have to play Bogut which is already slowing down their offense. Spurs were match-up problem for them last year and its ever worse this year. A healthy OKC is still the biggest threat to the Spurs.

james evans
07-08-2015, 02:42 PM
to be fair, the Warriors are going to have a hard time playing their small ball line-up that won them the championship against the Spurs. They are going to have to play Bogut which is already slowing down their offense. Spurs were match-up problem for them last year and its ever worse this year. A healthy OKC is still the biggest threat to the Spurs.
so durant and westbrooke alone are a threat to the spurs? Outside of those 2, who do they have? Ibaka can't do anything but hit the open jump shot and if you put a 4 in the game that can hit the open jumper, you can pull him out the paint so he's a non issue on defense.

BillMc
07-08-2015, 02:44 PM
Its weird but I was thinking about that the other day when it was announced that West had decided to sign with the Spurs. I feel the signings of West and LaMarcus feel similar to Malone and Payton granted those two were past their primes and the spurs still have LaMarcus in his prime. The Spurs are getting hyped like the '04 Lakers and the Warriors are getting disrespected like the '04 Spurs. I just hope the Spurs don't have the same tragic ending as the '04 Lakers did.

Good post. Thankfully, I doubt we'll have the infighting or the rape case hanging over our heads. LaMarcus might shoot us out of the series, like Kobe did in the 2004 finals, but I'd bet against it. :toast

-21-
07-08-2015, 02:48 PM
They sound scared tbh. They don't have to hand it over, the Spurs can just take it.

james evans
07-08-2015, 02:49 PM
The lakers could have won that title easily. EASILY. Shaq was shooting 60%. Every time they dumped the ball down to him, he scored. The biggest myth in nba hystory is that Ben Wallace shut shaq down. How do you shut down a man shooting 60% and averaging 18ppg? Kobe destroyed that series. He didn't want shaq getting another finals mvp. Series should have been the lakers easily. I aint mad Kobe shot them out though. We were robbed in game 5 anyway.

SnakeBoy
07-08-2015, 02:54 PM

I'm guessing you are guessing right....they scared.

BlackSilver
07-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Actually, I thought these would be the 3 reasons:

1. Our dog ate it.

2. We didn't think you were actually going to come and get it.

3. We've retired from the NBA, so are under no obligation to return it.

TD 21
07-08-2015, 06:31 PM
I don't get this narrative, that the Spurs have supposedly vaulted themselves back into contention with the Warriors. In reality, they were already fully capable of beating them, though not in the worn down, beat up state we last saw them in.

As has been discussed ad nauseam, they match up well, but far less talked about yet equally apparent, is they're clearly in their heads. I don't know that the Warriors truly believed they could beat the Spurs last season, which is always half the battle.

pjjrfan
07-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Health and chemistry are key for any team to win the title. The spurs have to develop a chemistry by the time the playoffs roll around, and while I will concede the Warriors should be favored because they are the defending champs and deserve that, I still think that Green and Kawhi are two of the best on ball defenders in the league. I think that Harrison Barnes needs to improve if he does the Warriors will get better and barring injuries will have an excellent chance of repeating. But Barnes was a liability for the Warriors during the playoffs and especially in the finals.

popdagreat
07-08-2015, 06:58 PM
ugh all i hear here(im in the bay area) are spurs too old, slow, dubs will outlast the, they cant keep up, nobody stops our small ball etc. :ihit

ffadicted
07-08-2015, 11:10 PM
I wasn't scared of them this year, certainly won't be next year. I think their 'chip was one of the easiest in a long time, I'm willing to bet they don't even make WCF

Kawhitstorm
07-08-2015, 11:44 PM
Good post. Thankfully, I doubt we'll have the infighting or the rape case hanging over our heads. LaMarcus might shoot us out of the series, like Kobe did in the 2004 finals, but I'd bet against it. :toast

The '04 Lakers severly lacked depth & had Devean George:lol as part of the starting 5. Once Malone got injured they had to play Slava Medvedenko:lol!

dg7md
07-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Season barely ended and these insecure fucks are already at it.

They're defending champs, above all else. They deserve some respect.

Yeah, they had an easier run at the title, but so did we in 2013 and we couldn't get it done.

Spurtacular
07-09-2015, 07:27 AM
I will concede the Warriors should be favored because they are the defending champs and deserve that

That's just crap that certain people say cos they have to. Warriors would have lost to the Spurs in the playoffs last playoffs; and the same will likely hold true this upcoming playoffs.

peacemaker885
07-09-2015, 08:02 AM
They're defending champs, above all else. They deserve some respect.

Yeah, they had an easier run at the title, but so did we in 2013 and we couldn't get it done.

GS most definitely deserve all the credit. My scorn was directed to them writers.