PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect from Manu Ginobili next year, tbh?

spursistan
07-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Zach Lowe take in Grantland : "Ginobili is on his last legs, but if he has anything left, he should tear up opposing defenses running the pick-and-roll amid pristine spacing.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-free-agency-winners-and-losers/

Yeah, the ugly turnovers; the clanked FTs and suspect defense were all on display throughout , but I really think he wasn't that bad last year, especially at the start of the season,. I just felt like he got run down to the ground in that brutal December (14 games, 15pts/6ass/4reb in 27.4 mpg) and never seemed to recover from it..Timmy had a similar lull the following few months but managed to pick it up again down the stretch and in the playoffs..Manu, OTOH, caught an untimely ankle injury toward the end and entered the post-season in a not optimal condition..

Make no mistake, he is not probably going to replicate his 2014 PO form, but too much corporate knowledge would have been lost in our second unit..I think we can get a mini-resurgence out of him in a 18-20 minutes play-making role..

testies
07-07-2015, 03:34 PM
"they just replaced Splitter with an All-Star who can defend almost as well"

stopped reading there

we have gotten worse, and people can't realize it.. belinelli and splitter were in their primes, now we have a ball hogger in the wrong side of 30 who can't defend , plus the corpse of david west who defends worse than blair

plus they aren't system players

Holden_Caulfield
07-07-2015, 03:35 PM
same thing he did this year and we should have #6

spursistan
07-07-2015, 03:42 PM
same thing he did this year and we should have #6

You think Gino was more of a liability than Tony in both reg season/PO? :lol

ElNono
07-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Quietly, he was one of the most steady Spurs last playoffs... posting slightly above average numbers.

His role is to orchestrate the offense in the 2nd unit. Anybody expecting him to be a difference maker, SuperManu or bailing out Tony on the regular is up for disappointment, tbh...

TheGreatYacht
07-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Quietly, he was one of the most steady Spurs last playoffs... posting slightly above average numbers.

His role is to orchestrate the offense in the 2nd unit. Anybody expecting him to be a difference maker, SuperManu or bailing out Tony on the regular is up for disappointment, tbh...
Was about to say something nice, but then saw that jab at the end. MF..

spursistan
07-07-2015, 03:50 PM

Few forget wasn't it for the Gino-Mills 1/2 punch , the Clippers would have blown us out in couple of games we won in LA after our starters shat the bed against theirs early on.

Holden_Caulfield
07-07-2015, 03:51 PM
You think Gino was more of a liability than Tony in both reg season/PO? :lol
gino hit timely shots in the series, parker missed them :lol

hater
Anything over 1 TO per 15 mins and he needs to be dumped on the spot IMO

ducks
starters with lma will be better this year

Sean Cagney
07-07-2015, 03:55 PM

stopped reading there

we have gotten worse, and people can't realize it.. belinelli and splitter were in their primes, now we have a ball hogger in the wrong side of 30 who can't defend , plus the corpse of david west who defends worse than blair

plus they aren't system playersLOL Splitter in his prime but he is older than LA and was often injured. LA is 29 years old right now and Splitter is older, did you think before you wrote that? Splitter hardly ever played as well so what good did he do? I agree LA is no a defender but his game is so much better than Splitters it's not even funny, the thing is though how will he fit in? That is the key. On paper he is way better.

Are they system players? Time will tell. BTW Belli could shoot some but he was a flat out horrible defender too so if you diss the others for defense atleast add that in as well.

ElNono
07-07-2015, 03:58 PM

What's the jab, tbh? Gino had to step up to cover for Tony being hurt all season, including during that killer December. He can't do that on the regular anymore.

pgardn
07-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Leadership.

And the 3 ball with an occasional contusion after a probe to the basket.
Glad he is back.

Sean Cagney
07-07-2015, 04:00 PM

Actually it was by far his worst playoffs and he shot .349% from the field and got 8 PPG, that is not above average numbers. He was bad to be honest sides a game or two, Tim and Patty (Beli too) were the only steady ones in the series tbh and Kawhi the first 4 and a half games.

I am a Manu fan too no doubt but your statement is incorrect above.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/ginobma01.html
Leadership.

And the 3 ball with an occasional contusion after a probe to the basket.
Glad he is back.
Yep, this is what I hope for from Manu.

TheGreatYacht
07-07-2015, 04:01 PM
What's the jab, tbh? Gino had to step up to cover for Tony being hurt all season, including during that killer December. He can't do that on the regular anymore.
Oh, yea, when he was hurt. Never mind carry on :wakeup

BillMc
07-07-2015, 04:02 PM
His shooting and free throws aren't what they used to be, but he still the best passer on the team, and the best play maker on the second unit. (Though Boris certainly has his moments). There is nothing close to his skill level and leadership we're going to get elsewhere for 2.8 mill.

Also, and perhaps just as importantly, by being our 2 guard who effectively plays point, it allows us to use Patty as a tiny shooting guard. Patty would be much more of a liability with anyone else.

spursistan
07-07-2015, 04:03 PM
December murders' row schedule without Tony/Patty and that ankle twist vs Minnesota ruined an already diminished and steep-declining Ginobili..Hopefully he doesn't get burdened that much this time around..I think Pop will strictly babysit his minutes with plenty of DNP Rests on the card..

ElNono
07-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Actually it was by far his worst playoffs and he shot .349% from the field and got 8 PPG, that is not above average numbers. He was bad to be honest sides a game or two, Tim and Patty (Beli too) were the only steady ones in the series tbh and Kawhi the first 4 and a half games.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/ginobma01.html
Yep, this is what I hope for from Manu.

Nothing incorrect with my statement. I tracked that entire series:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247098

16.9 PER is above average (league average is 15). He hovered around 17 throughout the series (one of the very few that was steady). Kawhi started with a bang then dropped. Boris started sucking, then picked it up.

Scottie Pippen
07-07-2015, 04:06 PM

stopped reading there

Why do you have to be so emo all the time?

Mikeanaro
07-07-2015, 04:07 PM
After 3 months of rest I expect him to play like šPrime Manuš circa june 2005.

Sean Cagney
07-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Nothing incorrect with my statement. I tracked that entire series:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247098

16.9 PER is above average (league average is 15). He hovered around 17 throughout the series (one of the very few that was steady). Kawhi started with a bang then dropped. Boris started sucking, then picked it up.
So his 34.9 % snd 8 ppg is now above average?? Dont give me that per stuff I watched every game too and he like others in the series was off most of the time NONO. I know your a fan and all but no denying that.

Sean Cagney
07-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Our most consistent in the series by far was Tim, then Patty as well as Beli. Kawhi the first 4 games on fire and then dove.

ElNono
07-07-2015, 04:31 PM
So his 34.9 % snd 8 ppg is now above average?? Dont give me that per stuff I watched every game too and he like others in the series was off most of the time NONO. I know your a fan and all but no denying that.

Small sample, tbh, he only took 43 shots for the entire series (that ranked him as option #6 on the team). He lead the team in assists with 32. He wasn't even the guy with the most turnovers in that series.

His numbers indicate he was an above average NBA player in that series, and that's what you should expect from Gino: decent defense and a playmaker looking to dish much more than to score. That is his role now.

He isn't going to be better than his young self. The question at this age for him is if his production is still above league average, and it is.

ElNono
07-07-2015, 04:38 PM
I mean, comparing anybody with Tim is unfair. He's a freak of nature. But take Andre Miller, or even Kobe at this stage...

That Gino is still producing at a high level out there is crazy. This is a guy that most pundits thought that he was going to be out of the league by 32, with the way he punished his body.

tholdren
07-07-2015, 04:43 PM
he will be the same as last year; a little more dependent on the three ball than the drive, but not afraid to attack or take a big shot, and will have some bad turnovers, but great assists.

What he will give up with age, he will more than make up for in momentum shifting plays. He's great.

Sean Cagney
07-07-2015, 04:44 PM
I mean, comparing anybody with Tim is unfair. He's a freak of nature. But take Andre Miller, or even Kobe at this stage...

That Gino is still producing at a high level out there is crazy. This is a guy that most pundits thought that he was going to be out of the league by 32, with the way he punished his body.

I agree man, just thought his shot like others was off that series. I love Manu personally and im glad he is coming back to the team another year. What he brings now I will take. I agree on Tim too, he is not human.

ElNono
07-07-2015, 04:53 PM
I agree man, just thought his shot like others was off that series. I love Manu personally and im glad he is coming back to the team another year. What he brings now I will take. I agree on Tim too, he is not human.

I wish he could've done more, no doubt, but we had too many key guys shit the bed that series, tbh... hopefully the new additions help...

Leetonidas
07-07-2015, 04:54 PM
If he isn't called on for heavy lifting like last season due to injuries I think he will be fine with the 2nd unit.

9.5/3.5/4.5 on 50% in 19mpg imo

spurs10
07-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Anything over 1 TO per 15 mins and he needs to be dumped on the spot IMO That kid in your sig should just be immediately put in prison before he hurts someone. Very frightening looking! :lol

ironman2886
07-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Anything but turnovers, and I'll be happy.

spurs10
07-07-2015, 05:05 PM
I think Manu, West, Patty, and Diaw will be the most devastating bench around. Manu will be the ball distributor and do what he now does best.

Kuvai
07-07-2015, 05:15 PM
He is MANUUUUUUUUU GINOBILIIIIIIIIIIII. I will just expect Usual Manu things from him ALA raising up on big occasions.

DMC
07-07-2015, 05:19 PM

stopped reading there

Spurs got better. Marco can't body up anyone and outside of the three and some sporadic backdoor cuts, he's not a big loss. Patty Mills outplayed him most of the season last year and especially in the playoffs and Finals.

spursistan
07-07-2015, 05:20 PM

How about comparing him to Paul Pierce? i am still puzzled at why Ginobili has lost his 3pts/ft shootting stroke, tbh?

Sean Cagney
07-07-2015, 05:20 PM
If he isn't called on for heavy lifting like last season due to injuries I think he will be fine with the 2nd unit.

9.5/3.5/4.5 on 50% in 19mpg imo

Those numbers would be crazy imo, take it.

lmbebo
07-07-2015, 05:23 PM

he isn't shooting 50%, Hopefully 44-5%! I think he shot 42% last year.

But 9/3/4-5 apg.

SilverSpur
07-07-2015, 05:23 PM
His leadership , experience and on court coaching will be priceless. Having him there for Duncan , Parker and the rest of the guys from the last few years will make them feel comfortable seeing a familiar face.
I would be happy with 10 PTS 5 assists and two great passes a game.
I'm gonna love seeing him tell LMA and West to relax, calm down weve been here before, when we are behind. Saw him do it with Mills, Joseph, Kawai and Diaw.
This will truly be a passing of the torch season.

DarrinS
07-07-2015, 05:40 PM

:cry

GSH
07-07-2015, 05:47 PM
My one and only beef with Manu is that he's developed a habit of being careless with the ball for stretches. Not from defensive pressure - just pure mental lapses. And it has given other teams momentum, when they were just about ready to pack it in.

He's not the player he used to be, but that's to be expected. He's still a crafty sonofabitch, and he has more heart than just about anybody ever. But those unforced errors are killers - especially when they happen 5 or 6 possessions in a row.

ElNono
07-07-2015, 05:51 PM
How about comparing him to Paul Pierce? i am still puzzled at why Ginobili has lost his 3pts/ft shootting stroke, tbh?

That's not a bad comparison. Paul Pierce last season put 1 more PPG and shot 3% better than Gino playing an extra 4 minutes. Negligible stuff. Rebounds are also a about the same.

Gino did average 2 more assists per game (4 vs 2).

Pierce still has a job in this league for the same reason: he still can be a valuable contributor in limited minutes and surrounded by the right talent.

beirmeistr
07-07-2015, 05:56 PM
I expect leadership, play 1, 2, and 3, hehind the back dribbling, passes between opponents legs, ballsy charges taken, lots of assistd, timely 3s, occasional dunks, no sulking on the bench, helping out new teammates

EVAY
07-07-2015, 06:01 PM
His shooting and free throws aren't what they used to be, but he still the best passer on the team, and the best play maker on the second unit. (Though Boris certainly has his moments). There is nothing close to his skill level and leadership we're going to get elsewhere for 2.8 mill.

Also, and perhaps just as importantly, by being our 2 guard who effectively plays point, it allows us to use Patty as a tiny shooting guard. Patty would be much more of a liability with anyone else.

Well said

EVAY
07-07-2015, 06:07 PM
What I expect from Manu:

The highest bball i.q. on the team (outside of Duncan).

The best court vision on the team (outside of Duncan).

Leadership of the second unit and support for new players.

Great H-E-B commercials.

Another year of providing the entertainment of watching the Spurs' Big Three create more and more League records for future trios to try to emulate.

Leetonidas
07-07-2015, 06:16 PM

He could hit the 50% mark if he stops shooting so many fucking step back threes :lol The last season he averaged about 10.5/3.4/4.2 iirc so the numbers I predicted aren't absurd given that he'll have West and Aldridge to run sets with. Shooting 50% is what will be difficult for him imo

Timothy21
07-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Playmaking, point off the bench and leadership... but just only 15-20min in 65 games

We absolutely need third sg

ElNono
07-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Another selfie in Philadelphia, tbh

LarryDavid
07-07-2015, 06:36 PM
His role is to orchestrate the offense in the 2nd unit.

This. I hope him and LMA are able to develop a strong PNR.

hsxvvd
07-07-2015, 06:47 PM
I have zero expectations, but he's earned himself a ticket for the ride that will be 6.

TampaDude
07-07-2015, 07:59 PM
Manu will win us at least 3 games in the RS just by being Manu. 6? Yes.

hater
07-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Pierce is a strong big man. He still got his stroke cause he got strength.

Manu is as strong as a ballerina at this point. That's why he even struggles to hit the rim.

This explains why Paul Pierce still can shoot and Manu can't shoot for shit

TampaDude
07-07-2015, 08:12 PM

Manu is as strong as a ballerina at this point. That's why he even struggles to hit the rim.

Eat a dick, faggot.

DAF86
07-07-2015, 08:15 PM
I don't know what to expect but I would like to see Manu regaining his shooting touch, something along the lines of 80% FT shooting and 36 3pt% would open a lot of things for his game.

GrizzliesDynasty
07-07-2015, 08:30 PM

Bet he wouldn't come up empty one-on-one vs J.J. Reddick in a game 7

DarrinS
07-07-2015, 08:32 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250585&page=2&p=8100414&viewfull=1#post8100414

Strategic
07-07-2015, 08:55 PM
I expect him to play like a man that wants one for the thumb. Unless he is injured or overly depended on mid season, don't see a problem with him having another great year.

Kool Bob Love
07-07-2015, 08:56 PM
A fif ring.

TheDoctor
07-07-2015, 09:06 PM

stopped reading there

...belinelli and splitter were in their primes....

stopped reading there.

LMAO Splitter's old ass in his prime. He was a prime walking injury. That's what he was.

random21
07-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Avg 7 pts, 3 assts, 35% from 3.... 3.2 turnovers a game....

UNT Eagles 2016
07-07-2015, 09:20 PM
10.6 ppg, 4.9 apg with the occasional 27 point "vintage Manu" nights offset by the more common "facilitator Manu" night or nights where he barely plays due to rest and/or blowouts.

GSH
07-07-2015, 09:25 PM

He could hit the 50% mark if he stops shooting so many fucking step back threes

Oh good Lord! I hate to do this, just because of all the ridiculous flame shit that always follows. But here goes:

You do understand that Manu's stroke is not exactly classic? He turns almost sideways to the basket a lot of the time. He flares his elbow to the point that sometimes his hand is almost sideways on the ball. A lot of times, he's right-foot-forward (he's left-handed) when he shoots the 3, and he sort of corkscrews into it. (He'll start the shot with his right foot out front, and land with his left way out front.)

And the back-step? I've mentioned this several times here over the years - Manu steps back on a lot of his free throws. (Find me a shooting coach who will suggest a step-back free throw.)

Manu's shooting stroke is Manu's own. When you're as good as Manu Ginobili, you can do things whatever way is comfortable to you. But when he's in a slump, it's not hard to imagine why. Mostly it's hard to imagine how he shoots as good as he does all the time. I think it's all about feel for Manu, pretty much everything he does on the court, and always has been. I don't think anybody else COULD shoot like Manu.

Before you start flaming, go to Youtube and put in "Manu Ginobili 3". The first few videos I looked at showed him shooting 3's with his right foot forward, left elbow flared, etc. Then pull up someone like Ray Allen, and look at the mechanics. Ray Allen's mechanics are pretty damned consistent. Manu is out there improvising, all the time. When he's off, he can look really, really bad.

I think it makes him fun to watch. I know a lot of people are down on him, and sometimes he's frustrating. But he's also a unique player that's been entertaining since he showed up. If he'd take care of the damn ball better, I'd like watching him even more.

diego
07-07-2015, 09:36 PM

The thing is you have to take into account minutes and role. Manu played the 6th lowest minutes, attempted the 6th fewest shots (just 6.1 per, in other words, nothing), but he outrebounded every other younger guard on the team, including the two starters who played 70+ minutes (he was just 3 shy of tying crawford and reddicks combined rebounds, and they played over 3x the minutes manu did). he lead the team in assists, and his ast/to was good. Even if his raw scoring numbers are bad his .527TS is still better than parker and green. Basically, a 37 year old manu just outplayed the two younger starting guards on the team in assists, rebounds, and shooting percentage. the tosb got to the line more than anyone but leonard and duncan. he even had more blocks than kawhi (5th most between both teams). so he wasnt great, and his role was limited, but he was still a bright spot. I think pop made a mistake to let leonard and parker close games it feels like we never game manu, mills, or belli a chance despite all of them responding well at given times of the series. Im looking at the numbers now and leonard and parker had 200 shots between them, considerably more than manu, mills and belli combined (124- you can add green and you still only get 185). maybe im forgetting and they did try and close out a few games. In any case the point is manu played his role well, playmaking, rebounding, defending, and scoring decently enough to not be a liability, and he didnt even have the chance to win or lose a tight game iirc. the problems for the team were elsewhere- parker, leonard, green, pop...

KimmyGib
07-07-2015, 09:52 PM
I expect, so long as he isn't overplayed as was necessarily the case last season, Manu will be fine. He was actually quite good in the last year when fresh, coming off the bench and consistently making whoever was on the court with him better. However, if Parker's injuries continue plaguing him and Ginobili has to pick up the slack, we can expect to see more of the Old (exhausted) Manu.

Leetonidas
07-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Oh good Lord! I hate to do this, just because of all the ridiculous flame shit that always follows. But here goes:

You do understand that Manu's stroke is not exactly classic? He turns almost sideways to the basket a lot of the time. He flares his elbow to the point that sometimes his hand is almost sideways on the ball. A lot of times, he's right-foot-forward (he's left-handed) when he shoots the 3, and he sort of corkscrews into it. (He'll start the shot with his right foot out front, and land with his left way out front.)

And the back-step? I've mentioned this several times here over the years - Manu steps back on a lot of his free throws. (Find me a shooting coach who will suggest a step-back free throw.)

Manu's shooting stroke is Manu's own. When you're as good as Manu Ginobili, you can do things whatever way is comfortable to you. But when he's in a slump, it's not hard to imagine why. Mostly it's hard to imagine how he shoots as good as he does all the time. I think it's all about feel for Manu, pretty much everything he does on the court, and always has been. I don't think anybody else COULD shoot like Manu.

Before you start flaming, go to Youtube and put in "Manu Ginobili 3". The first few videos I looked at showed him shooting 3's with his right foot forward, left elbow flared, etc. Then pull up someone like Ray Allen, and look at the mechanics. Ray Allen's mechanics are pretty damned consistent. Manu is out there improvising, all the time. When he's off, he can look really, really bad.

I think it makes him fun to watch. I know a lot of people are down on him, and sometimes he's frustrating. But he's also a unique player that's been entertaining since he showed up. If he'd take care of the damn ball better, I'd like watching him even more.

tl;dr and probably didn't miss much anyway. i made a slight joke, calm your tits :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-07-2015, 10:41 PM
20mpg, lots of sweet passes, the odd key 3 or fake-and-drive and-1, and hopefully he finds his FT stroke again. That really dropped off the past few years. He used to be one of the top 5 clutchest FT shooters in the game... I wonder where that went?

AFBlue
07-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Whatever he gave this year tbqh.

Sean Cagney
07-08-2015, 12:37 AM
The thing is you have to take into account minutes and role. Manu played the 6th lowest minutes, attempted the 6th fewest shots (just 6.1 per, in other words, nothing), but he outrebounded every other younger guard on the team, including the two starters who played 70+ minutes (he was just 3 shy of tying crawford and reddicks combined rebounds, and they played over 3x the minutes manu did). he lead the team in assists, and his ast/to was good. Even if his raw scoring numbers are bad his .527TS is still better than parker and green. Basically, a 37 year old manu just outplayed the two younger starting guards on the team in assists, rebounds, and shooting percentage. the tosb got to the line more than anyone but leonard and duncan. he even had more blocks than kawhi (5th most between both teams). so he wasnt great, and his role was limited, but he was still a bright spot. I think pop made a mistake to let leonard and parker close games it feels like we never game manu, mills, or belli a chance despite all of them responding well at given times of the series. Im looking at the numbers now and leonard and parker had 200 shots between them, considerably more than manu, mills and belli combined (124- you can add green and you still only get 185). maybe im forgetting and they did try and close out a few games. In any case the point is manu played his role well, playmaking, rebounding, defending, and scoring decently enough to not be a liability, and he didnt even have the chance to win or lose a tight game iirc. the problems for the team were elsewhere- parker, leonard, green, pop...
Leonard was great the first 4 games but I agree on all of what you said. Green finally showed up game 7 but it was water under the bridge by then, he did not show the earlier 6 games pretty much. Basically anyone not named Tim, Patty and Belli did not do that great, Manu did okay though as you pointed out spite the low % shooting. I also agree on closing the games! Belli and Patty would have hit a shot late in game 7 I believe, they were hot all series and towards the end when Tony was clanking etc., they were on the bench. Pop doesn't play the hot hand at times and it hurts the team, love him as a coach but man he can really be stubborn or stick to his guns too much at times and it costs the team.

Sean Cagney
07-08-2015, 12:40 AM
He could hit the 50% mark if he stops shooting so many fucking step back threes :lol The last season he averaged about 10.5/3.4/4.2 iirc so the numbers I predicted aren't absurd given that he'll have West and Aldridge to run sets with. Shooting 50% is what will be difficult for him imo

That step back three at times can give me fits watching the games, especially in a tight game or the playoffs. I agree on the rest as well.

Kawhitstorm
07-08-2015, 12:58 AM
He won't be asked to score w/ D-West & a healthy Patty. Manu & Bobo will just be running side pick-n-pops w/ D-West & Patty respectively, just put a shooter on the weak-side to keep the defense honest if they try to help when a smaller defender switches onto Bobo/D-West. As long as Manu can hit open shots when the defense goes under the screen it should be a lethal offense.

GSH
07-08-2015, 01:16 AM
tl;dr and probably didn't miss much anyway. i made a slight joke, calm your tits :lol

I didn't know you were joking at all - hell I was saying you were right, and using your comment as an example of how he shoots. He does shoot those fall-back 3's. And he really does fall away from a lot of his FT's. I never saw anybody do that before. If it was anybody but Manu, I'd say it's a terrible way to shoot. For Manu, it's just how it is. The big thing is, when you shoot that way, and you're off - you're way off.

vinniechan
07-08-2015, 01:26 AM
I hope Manu will be refreshed after an extra month of rest. Lets not forget we went all the way to the final for two seasons running and that had taken a toll.
Besides, I'd like to see him shoot 3 more and go to the rim less which should be reasonable given his age.

BillMc
07-08-2015, 02:15 AM
He won't be asked to score w/ D-West & a healthy Patty. Manu & Bobo will just be running side pick-n-pops w/ D-West & Patty respectively, just put a shooter on the weak-side to keep the defense honest if they try to help when a smaller defender switches onto Bobo/D-West. As long as Manu can hit open shots when the defense goes under the screen it should be a lethal offense.

Agreed. In general, I expect Manu's shot attempts to decrease while his assist rate goes up. As it did last season.

DeRozan m8
07-08-2015, 03:02 AM
Not much good

Fireball
07-08-2015, 03:12 AM
20mpg, lots of sweet passes, the odd key 3 or fake-and-drive and-1, and hopefully he finds his FT stroke again. That really dropped off the past few years. He used to be one of the top 5 clutchest FT shooters in the game... I wonder where that went?

I think he made a deal with the devil ... he got better health in exchange for a drop-off in FT shooting ...

kawhidoyoudothistome
07-08-2015, 04:04 AM
I'm a huge Manu fan, so seeing him this broken and still playing is kinda sad, but at least he's still playing. Could always go off on the occasional good day he's on fire from three, but I don't expect much other than that. A possible 11 pts/6 ast average, which would be excellent to have off the bench. Could be team leader in assists due to the pick and roll game being drastically improved.

MB20
07-08-2015, 08:12 AM
I expect Manu to stay as healthy as possible.
If he is healthy, he will entertain us all.

hater
07-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Avg 7 pts, 3 assts, 35% from 3.... 3.2 turnovers a game....

Lol if he averages 3.2 TOs a game we probably miss the playoffs.

As I said anything over 1 TO per 15 mins and he needs to be sent back to Malvinas one way

TMTTRIO
07-17-2015, 12:03 AM
It looks like we have another Ginobili in training:lol.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320xq90/r/537/b2033p.jpg

Aztecfan03
07-17-2015, 01:09 AM
It looks like we have another Ginobili in training:lol.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320xq90/r/537/b2033p.jpg

Looks like he has a soul patch. :lol

Spurtacular
07-17-2015, 01:40 AM
Manu came into last season really rusty. But I think we forget that he was rebounding from a fractured leg. He'll likely be better prepared this season. I'm hoping that his mins/games are limited more than ever throughout the regular season though. It's not about expectations as much as it is resting him and getting all we can out of him in the post season.