PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The hypocrisy of spurs fans

russellgoat
07-07-2015, 09:41 PM
They aren't complaining that the Spurs signed an all-star to win a championship, after they said that signing all-stars is buying a championship.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250601&p=8100972#post8100972

spurraider21
07-07-2015, 09:44 PM
damn, 2 threads in 10 minutes about this. ur really salty

Trainwreck2100
07-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Why would you bring up the lakers, they haven't signed a quality free agent since shaq

russellgoat
07-07-2015, 09:50 PM

No, I'm not mad, I'm calling out your hypocrisy. If the Celtics manage to make a blockbuster trade and beat your ass don't come here crying about "bought championship" FUCKING HYPOCRITE.

spurraider21
07-07-2015, 09:52 PM
tell us how you really feel

russellgoat
07-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Why would you bring up the lakers, they haven't signed a quality free agent since shaq

They didn't won anything the last time they stacked the desk with Nash and Howard, but a lot of your fanbase was complaining about the Lakers buying a championship because they dared to trade for all-stars.

Poolboy5623
07-07-2015, 09:56 PM
The first big name free agent (in his prime ), the team has EVER landed...cmon man..

Silver&Black
07-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Okay...so I click on the link...and it's a thread created by you 7 minutes prior to this one.

How much hypocrisy can really happen in 7 minutes?

Reck
07-07-2015, 10:00 PM
They didn't won anything the last time they stacked the desk with Nash and Howard, but a lot of your fanbase was complaining about the Lakers buying a championship because they dared to trade for all-stars.

Buy?

Aldridge WANTED to come to the Spurs. And so did West.

It's the offseason, teams make moves and the Spurs hadn't made a move since 2011. It was high time they move pieces around.

Your logic is retarded. It's not like the Spurs seeked ALL Stars desperately. This just happened naturally with both parties wanting to meet halfway and make it happen.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2015, 10:10 PM
No, I'm not mad, I'm calling out your hypocrisy. If the Celtics manage to make a blockbuster trade and beat your ass don't come here crying about "bought championship" FUCKING HYPOCRITE.All caps = mad.

DarrinS
07-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Sorry you didn't get Tim's ping pong ball. :cry

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2015, 10:25 PM
this is stupid

these guys opted out of their contracts and are FA, key word free agent faggot, that means they can sign with whoever they want whatever the price for their services

spurs had cap money, they spent it, now they had free spots on the roster and had to fill them up, is it their fault guys coming here to play for minimum?

some guys want to win and do whatever it takes to be a winner, b4 you judge the spurs, judge ur teams management and its current roster is it enough to contend let alone attract a top player FA...

fuck the salt, let me pour some vinegar into those hot chips

MI21
07-07-2015, 10:27 PM
:cry :cry :cry

random21
07-07-2015, 10:29 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_NBA_Draft

1997 NBA draft

The 1997 NBA draft took place on June 25, 1997 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Although the Boston Celtics had the second worst record in the 1996–97 season and the best odds (36 percent) of winning the lottery with two picks, the Spurs, usually a model of winning and consistency, lost David Robinson and Sean Elliott to injury early in the season and finished with the third worst record, subsequently winning the lottery. Leading up to the draft, there was no doubt that Tim Duncan would be selected at No. 1 by the Spurs, and in fact the rest of the draft was regarded with some skepticism.[1] The Celtics would end up with the third and sixth picks selecting Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer, both of whom were traded in the next two years.

Kool Bob Love
07-07-2015, 10:29 PM
This isn't even horseshit it's bull shit.

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2015, 10:33 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_NBA_Draft

1997 NBA draft

The 1997 NBA draft took place on June 25, 1997 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Although the Boston Celtics had the second worst record in the 1996–97 season and the best odds (36 percent) of winning the lottery with two picks, the Spurs, usually a model of winning and consistency, lost David Robinson and Sean Elliott to injury early in the season and finished with the third worst record, subsequently winning the lottery. Leading up to the draft, there was no doubt that Tim Duncan would be selected at No. 1 by the Spurs, and in fact the rest of the draft was regarded with some skepticism.[1] The Celtics would end up with the third and sixth picks selecting Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer, both of whom were traded in the next two years.

2nd worst record doesnt mean its automatic no.1 lottery ball...they love to bring the celtics % up every time, but seriously how many bad teams with the worse record in the league missed out on a no.1 pick

Spursmania
07-07-2015, 10:33 PM

:hat

DAF86
07-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Yeah, it's not like many Spurs fans came up with the term "San Antonio Heat" to support the Superteam assambled in 2010 by Miami.

Mikeanaro
07-08-2015, 12:42 AM
HorseBearShit, Spurs have won 5 rings without the need of hot shots FA and now because we are in a transition era and we are still good butthurted fans call our team a ¨buyer¨.

LnGrrrR
07-08-2015, 12:43 AM
I don't think OP is actually a Celts fan lol. Why would Celtics care about Spurs?

Trainwreck2100
07-08-2015, 12:59 AM
I don't think OP is actually a Celts fan lol. Why would Celtics care about Spurs?

i believe hes a mav fan, who created his account for the lols back when lakers fans were all "__ rings faggots"

LakerHater
07-08-2015, 01:27 AM
Malone signed w fLakers a 2 yr 3 mill which is the same as 1.5 vet min each year!

Sean Cagney
07-08-2015, 01:43 AM
this is stupid

these guys opted out of their contracts and are FA, key word free agent faggot, that means they can sign with whoever they want whatever the price for their services

spurs had cap money, they spent it, now they had free spots on the roster and had to fill them up, is it their fault guys coming here to play for minimum?

some guys want to win and do whatever it takes to be a winner, b4 you judge the spurs, judge ur teams management and its current roster is it enough to contend let alone attract a top player FA...

fuck the salt, let me pour some vinegar into those hot chips

^^^^ This said it all here. No need to say more.

LnGrrrR
07-08-2015, 02:51 AM
i believe hes a mav fan, who created his account for the lols back when lakers fans were all "__ rings faggots"

That explains the butthurt. Thanks Trainwreck. I don't remember Spurfan talking about "buying a championship"... the only really distinctive thing about Spurfan is their collective Chicken Little impersonation whenever they go down 5 points, lose a game, etc etc. Polar opposite of most Laker fans, who assume that every season they will court the best of the best, even if their team is a giant dumpster fire.

vander
07-08-2015, 03:05 AM
I have always begrudged the FO for not bringing in another star for Duncan. not that they failed him, but, they definitely could have done more.

DeRozan m8
07-08-2015, 04:10 AM
Spurs added a couple of pieces whilst keeping their core, that THEY built.

Its called list management, Duncans not going to play forever, you stupid fuck hahaha

kawhidoyoudothistome
07-08-2015, 04:16 AM
To be fair, the only way to keep this dynasty going without putting the fans through mediocre seasons, which are the worst, is by adding key pieces in free agency, or trading for a high draft pick. If we didn't, we'd have to suck a lot to get our next "face of the franchise".

Clipper Nation
07-08-2015, 05:20 AM
#BoughtNotBuilt

Thread
07-08-2015, 05:27 AM
We raped---Spurs raped.
We fornicated with each other's wives---Spurs fornicated with each other's wives.
We didn't lose $25 million at the skate rink---Duncan lost $25 million at the skate rink.
I wanted a Silver Award---Precious won't give it to me.
They never sold our shit---They sold the Spurs shit.
Kobe almost got divorced---Duncan got divorced.
NBA Fans almost drove Jabbar to suicide---Spurs Fans almost drove David Robinson to suicide.
Battier spent his career trying in vain to stop Kobe---Battier stopped Duncan.
Kool has to keep our back-2-back cipher for me---SF is innately bereft.
Vanessa caught Kobe in bed with other women---Amy caught Tim in bed with men.
We bought it---The Spurs just this week put money down on it.

Reck
07-08-2015, 05:37 AM
We raped---Spurs raped. CORRECT
We fornicated with each other's wives---Spurs fornicated with each other's wives. CORRECT
We didn't lose $25 million at the skate rink---Duncan lost $25 million at the skate rink. FALSE, Kobe had to paid off the colodaran slut to keep her mouth shut then had to fap in an empty bathroom.
Kobe almost got divorced---Duncan got divorced. While TRUE, he had to buy her off by building Vanessa churches and letting Malone put seeds into her.
NBA Fans almost drove Jabbar to suicide---Spurs Fans almost drove David Robinson to suicide. He retired coming off a CHAMPION.
Battier spent his career trying in vain to stop Kobe---Battier stopped Duncan. Show me the STATS.
Vanessa caught Kobe in bed with other women---Amy caught Tim in bed with men. Show PROOF.
We bought it---The Spurs just this week put money down on it. FALSE

There you go CULLY.

Thread
07-08-2015, 05:38 AM
^^^

We raped---Spurs raped.
We fornicated with each other's wives---Spurs fornicated with each other's wives.
We didn't lose $25 million at the skate rink---Duncan lost $25 million at the skate rink.
Kobe almost got divorced---Duncan got divorced.
NBA Fans almost drove Jabbar to suicide---Spurs Fans almost drove David Robinson to suicide.
Battier spent his career trying in vain to stop Kobe---Battier stopped Duncan.
Vanessa caught Kobe in bed with other women---Amy caught Tim in bed with men.
We bought it---The Spurs just this week put money down on it.

russellgoat
07-09-2015, 08:48 PM

I'm not a real Celtics fan? I'm not the one giving Spurs fans free blowjobs

whitemamba
07-09-2015, 11:26 PM
OP with the truth nuke.

Arcadian
07-09-2015, 11:35 PM
OP is a massive fucking faggot. First of all, fuck you. Can we have ONE fucking big name free agent in 20+ years without being called hypocrites? Overall, we still do it LESS than other winning franchises. And second, Aldridge is commonly considered a perfect fit for the Spurs system, so your butthurt doesn't even make sense in this situation. The "buying a championship" thing is when you arbitrarily bring in big names merely because they're big names/good players, not when they actually fit well in the new team's system.

So suck a fat dick and fuck off.

Wilt Chamberlain
07-10-2015, 12:23 AM
GOAT? more like Most Overrated All Time. MOAT

how can Russell be the best rebounder of all time when I pulled 50 down on his ass?

carried by Cousey Havlicek and the Jones brothers.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Built not bought has always been a realization of circumstances and not a preference. The Spurs have had to be built because they couldn't buy. But every time a major free agent has even hinted at interest in the Spurs, Spurs fans have embraced the possibility of that player coming to San Antonio.

So, I don't think there's real hypocrisy here (to the extent that you're willing to be butthurt by some stupid meme); the truth is that if the Spurs could have been bought before now, that would have been just fine if it meant continued winning. It's just that until now, they've been able to win without buying.

xellos88330
07-10-2015, 01:16 AM
Technically all the championships are bought because you have to pay your players. This isn't the NCAA. I don't see any hypocrisy... just stating the norm. The built not bought thing is simply because the Spurs have never had any big name player want to come down here.

Spurs FO proved that they can assemble a team and not only compete, but win it all while not attracting any big name players anyway. The Spurs have done so much WINNING now for almost 2 decades that players have begun to realize that perhaps they could have their cake and eat it too here in SA.

LnGrrrR
07-10-2015, 05:34 AM
I'm not a real Celtics fan? I'm not the one giving Spurs fans free blowjobs

Why do you give a fuck about what the Spurs do? C's aren't competitors anyways. Spurs aren't our rivals. And if Duncan wins 6, this board will go epileptic. Just look how scared whitemamba is of that. :lol

AlexJones
07-10-2015, 06:32 AM

>he makes 2 threads in 10 minutes about this
>one upstairs for the main board
>one downstairs for people that don't view the main board
>hurr durr you're salty!

Good goy, no end in sight for this shitposter extraordinaire.

Clipper Nation
07-10-2015, 06:56 AM
OP is a massive fucking faggot. First of all, fuck you. Can we have ONE fucking big name free agent in 20+ years without being called hypocrites? Overall, we still do it LESS than other winning franchises. And second, Aldridge is commonly considered a perfect fit for the Spurs system, so your butthurt doesn't even make sense in this situation. The "buying a championship" thing is when you arbitrarily bring in big names merely because they're big names/good players, not when they actually fit well in the new team's system.
http://i.imgur.com/ZOJPkzi.jpg

Spurs are #BoughtNotBuilt, deal with it.

Strange Love
07-10-2015, 07:01 AM
^Sure you want to be posting in here?

Your org doesn't buy or build, they take players hostage. :lol

SupremeGuy
07-10-2015, 07:12 AM
Sorry you didn't get Tim's ping pong ball. :cryHe's not even a celtics' fan. lol He's just another salty lakers' fan hiding behind a celtics username.

Clipper Nation
07-10-2015, 08:37 AM
^Sure you want to be posting in here?

Your org doesn't buy or build, they take players hostage. :lol
Nope, you're thinking of the Spurs. Just ask George Gervin.

spurraider21
07-10-2015, 11:03 AM
>he makes 2 threads in 10 minutes about this
>one upstairs for the main board
>one downstairs for people that don't view the main board
>hurr durr you're salty!

Good goy, no end in sight for this shitposter extraordinaire.
:lol mad about a post from 2 days ago

Arcadian
07-10-2015, 04:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZOJPkzi.jpg

Spurs are #BoughtNotBuilt, deal with it.

It's more an equivocation fallacy in the OP than me moving the goal posts, tbh.

Also, most of the same core from the 14 title is still on the team. So I'm not sure what it is you want me to "deal with" exactly.

TrainOfThought5
07-10-2015, 05:16 PM

koriwhat
07-10-2015, 05:20 PM
So you lump a few fans in with the rest of us huh? Buy it all as long as the spurs bring back the lob to sa.

hater
07-10-2015, 05:21 PM
so many tears in this thread

https://media1.giphy.com/media/LG6mzmfXC3V1S/200_s.gif

:lol

bluebellmaniac
07-10-2015, 05:22 PM

InRareForm
07-10-2015, 06:25 PM
u mad

russellgoat
07-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Why do you give a fuck about what the Spurs do? C's aren't competitors anyways. Spurs aren't our rivals. And if Duncan wins 6, this board will go epileptic. Just look how scared whitemamba is of that. :lol

Look man, I would have signed Lamarcus Aldrige is I was the Spurs, I have no issue with that. The thing is some Spurs fans here were always complaining when the Celtics, Lakers and Heat signed superstars and complained about bought titles. And now they are slurping Lamarcus' dick. Do you think that blatant hypocrisy shouldn't be called out?

Fat Hands
07-11-2015, 07:57 PM
So you lump a few fans in with the rest of us huh? Buy it all as long as the spurs bring back the lob to sa.
Sup scrah......think you could tatoo Spurs on my fingers? Same size as your calfs tbh

LnGrrrR
07-13-2015, 12:26 AM
Look man, I would have signed Lamarcus Aldrige is I was the Spurs, I have no issue with that. The thing is some Spurs fans here were always complaining when the Celtics, Lakers and Heat signed superstars and complained about bought titles. And now they are slurping Lamarcus' dick. Do you think that blatant hypocrisy shouldn't be called out?

Eh, I haven't noticed that behavior as much. If they have, then take them to task; I just haven't seen it that much. *shrug*

Trainwreck2100
07-13-2015, 12:37 AM

the lakers haven't signed a big name free agent since before this board was around

tim_duncan_fan
07-13-2015, 12:42 AM
The Spurs have already proved they can win without buying stars.

If you finish the game on Hard Mode on the first go round, there is nothing wrong with a quick, second run-through on Normal.