PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Anderson Thread

Mugen
07-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Thoughts?

Personally, I think he's a good guy overall, but he's not perfect. He's got some African in him. And I don't say that in a bad way, other than....

He has a store front out front that's beautiful and great, but he may be selling some counterfeit stuff behind you. And when I say that, I mean for example he can come out and be an unnamed source for a story, and two days later come out and say that was absolutely not me, I can't believe someone said that...

RD2191
07-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Lmao

dabom
07-07-2015, 09:59 PM
I didn't even know he played 10mpg for 31 games last year. Very unnoticeable.

PopTheGOAT
07-07-2015, 10:00 PM
damn it i wish i named my prof danny ferry :lol

RD2191
07-07-2015, 10:00 PM
I didn't even know he played 10mpg for 31 games last year. Very unnoticeable.
Bullshit

dabom
07-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Bullshit

It was on tv. I said the same shit. :lmao

RD2191
07-07-2015, 10:10 PM
It was on tv. I said the same shit. :lmao
I swear I missed like 2 games (tv ) last season, I can't even remember him checking in once.

SPURt
07-07-2015, 10:11 PM
He's the greatest 30th overall selection the Spurs have made since Ed Rains! Well, he and Ed are the only two players the Spurs have drafted there. Ed didn't really make it rain too much, he only lasted two seasons. So, yeah, still good value at 30th overall?

dabom
07-07-2015, 10:14 PM
I swear I missed like 2 games (tv ) last season, I can't even remember him checking in once.

I missed like 10. Only remember like 3 or 4 games tbh. :lol

monkeypunk
07-07-2015, 10:15 PM

He actually had one game that I think he started (when Kawhi was out) and he went off for about 8 or 9 minutes and had play after play where he was beating his man to the rim for an easy layup.

I think he had 17 points or so that game, sorry too lazy to look it up. Never saw that fire again but it's in there.

Given minutes, the kid can produce.

RD2191
07-07-2015, 10:17 PM
He actually had one game that I think he started (when Kawhi was out) and he went off for about 8 or 9 minutes and had play after play where he was beating his man to the rim for an easy layup.

I think he had 17 points or so that game, sorry too lazy to look it up. Never saw that fire again but it's in there.

Given minutes, the kid can produce.
He should be decent off the bench. Decent IQ so should fit in.

100%duncan
07-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Missed two crucial shots but i liked it that he drove instead of shooting a long 2.

Hoops Czar
07-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Paging Gerald Green...... that is all.

Nathan89
07-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Don't like those turnovers off the dribble tbh.

steeledl
07-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Don't like those turnovers off the dribble tbh.

shit post. He sucks tbh.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Didn't see the game, but if his defense was anything like it was yesterday, it wouldn't matter if he scored 100.

AFBlue
07-07-2015, 10:34 PM
I thought you were going to run into him at HEB in the breakfast aisle looking at molasses.

Raven
07-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Didn't see the game, but if his defense was anything like it was yesterday, it wouldn't matter if he scored 100.

his D was close to perfect, showed amazing anticipation and footwork.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-07-2015, 10:35 PM
his D was close to perfect, showed amazing anticipation and footwork.

I don't even see how that's possible after watching the last game. Wow.

AFBlue
07-07-2015, 10:36 PM

He played MUCH better defensively today...used his length to disrupt passing lanes and bother shots. I can recall at least one steal and block, but the stats may have more. He did get turned around again on one play, but he was much more solid overall this go-round.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Wish I would have saw this game. Love Kyle's game when he's comfortable, but it's a hideous sight to behold when he isn't.

AFBlue
07-07-2015, 10:43 PM
He played really well overall...hit a spot-up 3, used his pump fake to draw multiple fouls, drove into the lane and finished with a soft touch, nailed a post fade over a smaller defender. He broke out the full bag of tricks tbqh. And while not all of that will be called upon at the next level, he at least showed the ability to go to whatever is needed.

On the downside though, his handles were loose today, which led to some sloppy turnovers. And he still doesn't look comfortable in mid-range.

LongtimeSpursFan
07-07-2015, 10:46 PM
He played MUCH better defensively today...used his length to disrupt passing lanes and bother shots. I can recall at least one steal and block, but the stats may have more. He did get turned around again on one play, but he was much more solid overall this go-round.

He shows some flashes of being good around the perimeter disrupting passing lanes and swiping dribble away. I really believe with him, Aldridge, Kawhi, Green and Manu there could be some easy baskets off half court pressure.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-07-2015, 10:49 PM
He might be a serviceable back-up 3 after all.

AFBlue
07-07-2015, 10:51 PM
He shows some flashes of being good around the perimeter disrupting passing lanes and swiping dribble away. I really believe with him, Aldridge, Kawhi, Green and Manu there could be some easy baskets off half court pressure.

He also continued to rebound the hell out of the ball. He uses his length well in that regard too. Had a sweet outlet pass off a rebound in the second half...agree that he'll create some transition opportunities for players with either a block, steal or board.

AFBlue
07-07-2015, 10:55 PM
He might be a serviceable back-up 3 after all.

I'm still curious how the Spurs use him with the big squad. He has the ball in his hands a lot with this team because he's familiar with the playbook and is probably the best player. But that doesn't hold true at the next level. He did hit a spot-up three, which was encouraging. He'll need to showcase more of those complimentary skills to convince me he can carve out a role with the Spurs.

But it's good to see his talent on display. At least you know he has it.

SnakeBoy
07-07-2015, 10:57 PM
On the downside though, his handles were loose today, which led to some sloppy turnovers.

Only 5 turnovers in 30 minutes, that's pretty good!

-Manu

random21
07-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Know a guy who works for Spurs in ATX... He says that the players on the d league team hated when he played w them. Wouldn't talk to him and were ecstatic when he stayed in SA... Kyle seems like a cool guy, I wonder what's up with him??

look_at_g_shred
07-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Know a guy who works for Spurs in ATX... He says that the players on the d league team hated when he played w them. Wouldn't talk to him and were ecstatic when he stayed in SA... Kyle seems like a cool guy, I wonder what's up with him??
Maybe because he made them all look like, I don't know, D-LEAGUERS!!!

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2015, 11:05 PM
He's basically Shaun Livingston playing in slow motion.

Splits
07-07-2015, 11:06 PM
shit post. He sucks tbh.

Quality first post. Congrats. You made a real difference in these parts.

steeledl
07-07-2015, 11:53 PM
Quality first post. Congrats. You made a real difference in these parts.

Figured if I'm going to be here I might as well bring the goods.

hater
07-08-2015, 06:41 AM
He's ok. Definitely needs another shot in the big leagues

SpurAddict561
07-08-2015, 06:55 AM
I like him, he's already made a lot of strides in improving his shot. He needs to work with Chip on his 3 ball.

Fireball
07-08-2015, 07:14 AM
Summer League will not tell us too much. But he is in his second year and with the number of new guys joining the team Slomo will get more minutes next season. Then we will see if he is an improved NBA player. I still have high hopes ... his non-quickness does not hurt him on offense, high IQ and he can rebound.

Mr. Body
07-13-2015, 01:00 AM
Does this guy have a Smoke Lodge or Buddhist Temple thread? I want to say I believe in him. He's getting dogged, maybe less now than after the first two games, but he has a unique skill set and promise. He's not there yet by any means, but he has the incipient tools to be a key to a great bench and spot starter. He needs to tighten his dribble and of course get his shot straightened out, but he already does some crafty veteran stuff with his body placement and moves. I think the FO sees good things in him, too. We're gonna be frustrated with him this year at times, maybe often, but with hard work he'll be a small gem.

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2015, 01:03 AM
Black Luke Walton..

Walton was a great passer, tbh, and he was a good 8th or 9th man on some title teams IIRC..higher ceiling than Luke Walton himself(Black vs. White American), but ya..

SAGirl
07-13-2015, 01:06 AM
I Believe in him, but I Also respect other guys that nee to see to believe. Lol He has a game base on skill and needs time to improve and adjust his game to this level. He is still very young and has a lot of room for improvement. Variety is the spice of life. I'll join the cult of KA!! :lol

San Antonio Slayer
07-13-2015, 02:01 AM
he passed the ball pretty well in the spurs rotation last season. I am sure athleticism and shooting upgrade is a matter of time. But will Pop give this time to KA, that's the question.

RayTdropout
07-13-2015, 02:01 AM
Pop needs to give him some court time. Thats the way he will improve.

Kawhitstorm
07-13-2015, 02:22 AM
Black Luke Walton..

Walton was a great passer, tbh, and he was a good 8th or 9th man on some title teams IIRC..higher ceiling than Luke Walton himself(Black vs. White American), but ya..

Walton was an undersized PF who rarely got to the line (ala Diaw) meanwhile Kyle is an lanky wing player who causes mismatch problems & gets to the line often. I can see Kyle being a Jalen Rose type player once he develops a fadeaway jumper ala Kawhi.

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2015, 02:34 AM
Walton was an undersized PF who rarely got to the line (ala Diaw) meanwhile Kyle is an lanky wing player who causes mismatch problems & gets to the line often. I can see Kyle being a Jalen Rose type player once he develops a fadeaway jumper ala Kawhi.

Anderson hasn't shown that he causes mismatch problems or do anything at a high level, yet, youre just projecting out of hope, tbh:lol..he looks very ordinary and has shown virtually no flashes of being anything more than that, even against poor SL competition..

Walton: 6'8 235 lbs, 32nd pick in the draft, entered the NBA with the reputation of being a great passer Nd potentiAl point-forward

Anderson: 6'9 230 lbs, 30th pick in the draft, same reputation

Anderson has the higher ceiling because he's superior physically, but the current era of basketball probably hurts him more than if he has played in the mid to late 2000s IMO, unless he becomes a PF

jermaine
07-13-2015, 05:11 AM
I love Pual Pierce Jr. Myself. He's slow as shit, but he can be very effective. Very high ceiling if you as me.

ceperez
07-13-2015, 05:29 AM
Thoughts?

Personally, I think he's a good guy overall, but he's not perfect. He's got some African in him. And I don't say that in a bad way, other than....

He has a store front out front that's beautiful and great, but he may be selling some counterfeit stuff behind you. And when I say that, I mean for example he can come out and be an unnamed source for a story, and two days later come out and say that was absolutely not me, I can't believe someone said that...

I think you got it all wrong... it should have read "He's got some Chinese in him....."

ceperez
07-13-2015, 06:08 AM
Anderson hasn't shown that he causes mismatch problems or do anything at a high level, yet, youre just projecting out of hope, tbh:lol..he looks very ordinary and has shown virtually no flashes of being anything more than that, even against poor SL competition..

Walton: 6'8 235 lbs, 32nd pick in the draft, entered the NBA with the reputation of being a great passer Nd potentiAl point-forward

Anderson has the higher ceiling because he's superior physically, but the current era of basketball probably hurts him more than if he has played in the mid to late 2000s IMO, unless he becomes a PF

He's only 21 and he's developing a very good skill set. McCallum and Simmons are both 24 and 25 respectively. 2 years ago Simmons had absolutely zero skills. Anderson is going to be a serviceable player in due time. He's not going to be a Kawai Leonard, but he good be skilled and hopefully scrappy enough to be of value to the team.

I'm surprised that Danny Green is already 28. That makes him the oldest player in the Spurs youth team.

L. Aldridge - 29 <--- close to over the hill!
D. Green - 28 <--- Looks old!
Marjanovic - 26
Simmons - 25
McCalllum - 24
Leonard - 24
Anderson - 21

kobyz
07-14-2015, 01:52 AM
His 3 point shot is bad, but that somthing he gotta have if he wants to play in this league and especially for the spurs, can't understand why he didn't put the work on that, it would also make him play the rest of his game with more confident, i belive he could have been nice backup to Kawhi if he had the 3 point shot...

Sean Cagney
07-14-2015, 03:50 AM
I love Pual Pierce Jr. Myself. He's slow as shit, but he can be very effective. Very high ceiling if you as me.

He wont be near Paul Pierce though for his career, lets be realistic now on that end of things.

Sean Cagney
07-14-2015, 03:53 AM

Anderson has the higher ceiling because he's superior physically, but the current era of basketball probably hurts him more than if he has played in the mid to late 2000s IMO, unless he becomes a PFDead on 100% accurate.

Nathan89
07-14-2015, 04:22 AM
I was over confident in his ability to improve physically over a year after coming in so out of shape. I was hopeful he wouldn't be such a slug but he still is. At this point he isn't close to being able to help the spurs. He's too slow to force help defense off the dribble and he isn't good enough to force help defense out of the post. His play making ability has been overstated greatly. I've seen Simmons make better passes than Anderson. Anderson will have a lot of work before he is able to positively impact the game. He shouldn't get any role larger than what Austin Daye had for this coming year.

mudyez
07-14-2015, 05:56 AM
With the signing of Zzuultron and the interest in Copeland, it looks like the Spurs don't think Anderson is ready.

RayTdropout
07-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Stats are looking better. Did not see the game hopefully hes getting better.

steeledl
07-14-2015, 04:29 PM
I was over confident in his ability to improve physically over a year after coming in so out of shape. I was hopeful he wouldn't be such a slug but he still is. At this point he isn't close to being able to help the spurs. He's too slow to force help defense off the dribble and he isn't good enough to force help defense out of the post. His play making ability has been overstated greatly. I've seen Simmons make better passes than Anderson. Anderson will have a lot of work before he is able to positively impact the game. He shouldn't get any role larger than what Austin Daye had for this coming year.

Quality post from an x-fanboi. Seeing the light is liberating.

ceperez
07-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Lot's of folks hate his game, but honestly, it is a very difficult to cover if you are a smaller player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbEDZYI44E

He's going to get better over time. He's only 21.

BillMc
07-14-2015, 06:48 PM
With the signing of Zzuultron and the interest in Copeland, it looks like the Spurs don't think Anderson is ready.

ZZ is tops!

Jwash_1986
07-16-2015, 05:45 PM
"Not my speed, not your speed, his speed. SloMo". Dennis Scott and Co. loving the kid.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2015, 07:29 PM
Definitely born to be a Spur. The Brooklyn bench went nuts every time he drew a foul.

TheGreatYacht
07-16-2015, 07:36 PM
Black Luke Walton..

0/10 comparison

SpursFan86
07-16-2015, 09:10 PM

:lmao

Dex
07-16-2015, 09:14 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Danny needs to tell SlowMo that Pop doesn't find this shit so funny.

But I do. :lol

NASpurs
07-16-2015, 09:16 PM

The other guy doesn't seem to be a stranger, looks like a friend of his by the other guy's profile pic.

SAGirl
07-16-2015, 10:22 PM
The other guy doesn't seem to be a stranger, looks like a friend of his by the other guy's profile pic.
Boys will be boys. At least has a sense of humor. Might be Popped! :blah:nope

SnakeBoy
07-16-2015, 10:31 PM
I don't think Pop would care about two friends joking. It's not like tweeted it from Auschwitz or something.

ducks
07-16-2015, 10:51 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/07/16/spurs-anderson-picking-up-his-pace/

kobyz
07-21-2015, 12:10 PM
I hope he'll improve his shot, become more assertive and confident and be the next detlef schrempf as he reminds me the German so much with his attributes and style...

dbestpro
07-21-2015, 12:12 PM
If he could develop a consistent three, he would be deadly.

Bartleby
07-21-2015, 12:23 PM
I hope he'll improve his shot, become more assertive and confident and be the next detlef schrempf as he reminds me the German so much with his attributes and style...

Interesting comparison. Schrempf had a roller coaster of a career with some real high points. If KA's game becomes anything like Schrempf's in his better years, the Spurs will have gotten a draft steal.

SAGirl
07-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Just posting in here a link from a video collage the spurs put together highlighting one of his underrated intangibles, his leadership.
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2015/07/21/summerleagueleadermp4-3648860

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2017, 10:23 PM

Detlef was an All-star and All-NBA guy..stop jinxing players you piece of shit..

You killed Kyle's career just like you did to Kent Bazemore's..

Spurtacular
01-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Thoughts?

Would you say he's African like Luol Deng?

Splits
01-08-2017, 10:48 PM
I don't understand this bump. kobyz hasn't posted in ages.

dabom
01-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Fathead has never been impressive or even showed flashes as a youngster. He was trash then but young. He is just trash now. The Spurs aren't gonna keep him past his rookie contract. :lol