PDA

View Full Version : OT: So when is Seattle going to get its team back?

Walter Donovan
07-07-2015, 11:31 PM
Every day I wake up in a severe depression. Why? Because my Seattle SuperSonics were stolen from me. 2008 marks a very dark year in me and my city's memories. Seattle has never been quite the same since. And to be honest, nobody gives a rats behind about the Seahawks. We want our bleepin Sonics back. Now. Like, right now.

:bang

I really don't care how the NBA does it. Maybe an expansion could be in the works? If not, my city will happily open our doors to any relocating franchise NOT owned by Clay Bennett. Just please get it done.

random21
07-07-2015, 11:36 PM
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Report-Milwaukee-NBA-team-could-move-to-Seattle-312112151.html?mobile=y

Report: Milwaukee NBA team could move to Seattle

MILWAUKEE, Wis. - When longtime Milwaukee Bucks owner Herb Kohl reached an agreement to sell the team for $550 million in April 2014, most assumed Seattle was out of the running for the NBA franchise. But according to a Monday report, that’s not necessarily the case.

Walter Donovan
07-07-2015, 11:38 PM
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Report-Milwaukee-NBA-team-could-move-to-Seattle-312112151.html?mobile=y

Report: Milwaukee NBA team could move to Seattle

MILWAUKEE, Wis. - When longtime Milwaukee Bucks owner Herb Kohl reached an agreement to sell the team for $550 million in April 2014, most assumed Seattle was out of the running for the NBA franchise. But according to a Monday report, that’s not necessarily the case.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/05/Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

dg7md
07-07-2015, 11:49 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/05/Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Do you really want a team yanked from another fanbase to give you your own? It's the same thing that happened to your Sonics.

It sucks though, really, especially because the Thunder became a legitimate powerhouse team a year or two after leaving Seattle.

Seattle clearly deserves an NBA team again, and I feel like it'll happen in time — it'd just suck if it was a result of another classic franchise (like the Bucks) to be forced out due to arena rules, which was pretty much exactly what happened to you guys.

Joseph Kony
07-07-2015, 11:50 PM
fingers crossed tbh

Mark Celibate
07-07-2015, 11:54 PM
sup mono?

Mikeanaro
07-08-2015, 01:40 AM
I feel sad for those Sonics fans and someday with a little luck they will have their team back, anyway OKC is pure evil shit thou.

Earl
07-08-2015, 02:13 AM
I agree Seattle does deserve a team. Love to see the new arena built beside Safeco.

Holden_Caulfield
07-08-2015, 02:23 AM
wow thats cheap considering the clippers went for 2 billion. i need to start saving up :lol

spankadelphia
07-08-2015, 02:25 AM
I feel bad for Sonics fans because they suffered through years of tanking and 25-30 win seasons to acquire assets and those toothless tweakers in Oklahoma reaped the rewards. They never paid their dues.

DeRozan m8
07-08-2015, 04:12 AM
I'd love if Sonics fans got their team back

Pelicans78
07-08-2015, 04:49 AM
I feel bad for Sonics fans because they suffered through years of tanking and 25-30 win seasons to acquire assets and those toothless tweakers in Oklahoma reaped the rewards. They never paid their dues.

That was the plan from Bennett and the front office. Use Seattle to tank since they were leaving anyway. They didn't care about the fan support. Perfect situation to tank. They tried to take our team. Unfortunately that stupid Starbucks guy sold it to a group from OKC knowing it was damn well possible that group would move the team.

Clipper Nation
07-08-2015, 05:26 AM
Never. Get used to a lifetime of being that city that owners point to when they want a new arena, faggots :lol

Mark Celibate
07-08-2015, 05:38 AM
Feel bad for the Sonics fans who're still supporting that franchise after about 7 years of absence from the NBA, unbelievable loyalty is shown tbh, but the OP is certainly not included because he is in fact a Mavs fan.

Pelicans78
07-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Never. Get used to a lifetime of being that city that owners point to when they want a new arena, faggots :lol

I feel like it won't be till a few decades. Those latte sipping losers need to wait.

Caltex2
07-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Hopefully, the Thunder will move right back to where they came from and change their unis back.

The Gemini Method
07-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Hopefully, the Thunder will move right back to where they came from and change their unis back. Easily one of the better unis

Caltex2
07-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Eh, I personally liked the late Gary Payton/Shawn Kemp era unis better than the traditionals but the traditionals are better than the turn of the century New York Knicks rip off Thunder unis.

The Bucks have roughly the color scheme, so it could work.

The Gemini Method
07-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Eh, I personally liked the late Gary Payton/Shawn Kemp era unis better than the traditionals but the traditionals are better than the turn of the century New York Knicks rip off Thunder unis.

The Bucks have roughly the color scheme, so it could work. Are those the ones with the orange involved? I would have to pass on those--I like the Double Bubble Green and Yellow ones of the Rashad Lewis and Ray Allen days.

Infinite_limit
07-08-2015, 03:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW19D4qXStI

Caltex2
07-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Are those the ones with the orange involved? I would have to pass on those--I like the Double Bubble Green and Yellow ones of the Rashad Lewis and Ray Allen days.

Yes, the ones with Space Needle/basketball logo and the forest green look. I thought it was a refreshing update.

Walter Donovan
07-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Do you really want a team yanked from another fanbase to give you your own? It's the same thing that happened to your Sonics.

It sucks though, really, especially because the Thunder became a legitimate powerhouse team a year or two after leaving Seattle.

Seattle clearly deserves an NBA team again, and I feel like it'll happen in time — it'd just suck if it was a result of another classic franchise (like the Bucks) to be forced out due to arena rules, which was pretty much exactly what happened to you guys.

Yes. I don't give a sh!t how I get my Sonics back.

JoeTait75
07-08-2015, 07:07 PM

We in Cleveland did the "honorable" thing and insisted on an expansion franchise to replace the Browns because we didn't want to hose another city the way Baltimore hosed ours. And you see how that worked out.

As for Seattle I think they'll get an NHL franchise before an NBA franchise. IMO Seattle will serve the same purpose for the NBA as Los Angeles does for the NFL- as a threatpoint. Whereas the NHL really wants into Seattle and can either expand or move an existing team right in there.

Ball Buster
07-08-2015, 07:33 PM
We in Cleveland did the "honorable" thing and insisted on an expansion franchise to replace the Browns because we didn't want to hose another city the way Baltimore hosed ours. And you see how that worked out.

As for Seattle I think they'll get an NHL franchise before an NBA franchise. IMO Seattle will serve the same purpose for the NBA as Los Angeles does for the NFL- as a threatpoint. Whereas the NHL really wants into Seattle and can either expand or move an existing team right in there.

Cool. I hope they take the Ducks.

dg7md
07-08-2015, 11:51 PM

Well, you did get the team back, to be fair. Not quite the team you were expecting but it could have been much, much worse.