PDA

View Full Version : LJC to remain in France for 2015-16

Mel_13
07-08-2015, 06:56 AM
ASVEL Villeurbanne announced the signings of Edouard Choquet and Stephane Gombauld who penned his first contract as pro.
Tony Parker said that Amara Sy leaves the team and Livio Jean-Charles will remain one more season.

Parker announced ASVEL will play in the new FIBA Europe Cup next season and the goal is to win the Pro A Title.

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/france/167678/asvel-signs-choquet-parts-ways-with-sy-asvel-to-play-fiba-europe-cup.html

SpurAddict561
07-08-2015, 06:57 AM
Hopefully no more injuries. I guess Lalanne might be coming aboard after all.

littlecoyotecoin
07-08-2015, 07:06 AM
This is ridiculous. What are we going to do at the PF position?!

100%duncan
07-08-2015, 07:06 AM
#FreeMilutinov

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2015, 07:07 AM

No idea tbh.

AFBlue
07-08-2015, 07:13 AM
Interesting. So does this mean he's released from the first round guaranteed dollars? I would think that's their only reason for not bringing him over now. His defensive instincts are legit, but he does need another year (or two) of development on the offensive end. I think he could've been decent depth and developed in Austin, but I'm not second-guessing the FO.

littlecoyotecoin
07-08-2015, 07:21 AM
I think Chinook may have overstated their loss and his ability to force that move. Bruno seemed to feel as if they can leave him over one more year without any negative repercussions wrt salary/rights. <Shoulder Shrug>

Lalanne and he were being mistaken for each other in the summer league games. Lalanne is a little more well-rounded, so maybe if they are going to go with one young, raw, defensive PF-C tweener, they decided on the one that can throw it in the ocean, at least. They'll work on his shot a little and on vertical D instead of slapping?

Mugen
07-08-2015, 07:21 AM
Meh, I personally think being with the team and in Austin would have helped him more.

Spurtacular
07-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Lalanne looked better than LJC in the first summer league game.

tholdren
07-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Who cares? He sucks. The only reason people think he's good is because sa drafted him. His shot blows. Worse than udoka

BillMc
07-08-2015, 07:27 AM
#FreeMilutinov

Exactly!

We can't have our only true center be a 40 year old who is paradoxically the greatest power forward ever.

hater
07-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Who cares? He sucks. The only reason people think he's good is because sa drafted him. His shot blows. Worse than udoka

spurspokesman
07-08-2015, 07:28 AM
SF position is the elephant in the room as many have eluded to. Can't wait to see what PATFO does to address it.

BillMc
07-08-2015, 07:28 AM

Maybe we'll get one or two in free agency. :lol

littlecoyotecoin
07-08-2015, 07:30 AM

From your mouth to God's ear.

Austin_Toros
07-08-2015, 07:34 AM
So many posters here were sure that LJC would make the roster. His shooting in the summer league is a big letdown.

benefactor
07-08-2015, 07:37 AM
No idea tbh.
Yep...those guys we signed fucking suck. We're screwed.

littlecoyotecoin
07-08-2015, 07:38 AM
Meh, I personally think being with the team and in Austin would have helped him more.

May have, but it would have taken up a roster spot where we can potentially put a true center, shooter, playmaker/combo/point guard. LJC would have been interesting defensively, and as a backup for Kawhi if he could guard at 3, but the horrendous offense probably just made him a no-go/liability? Guessing.

buttsR4rebounding
07-08-2015, 07:38 AM
Some of the misses were really bad.

Spurtacular
07-08-2015, 07:39 AM
Looks like LJC failed his unofficial tryout. Better luck next year, kid.

Mugen
07-08-2015, 07:42 AM
Doubt the Spurs are going to find anybody with his free roster spot that's actually gonna contribute. Would have been nice to have a 3/4 defender with the ability to protect the rim. They definitely won't find anybody with more upside.

Not really a big deal, I just think it would have accelerated his development had he stayed with the team this upcoming season.

jyra
07-08-2015, 07:43 AM
Ugh Eurocup again.. It's impossible to find any decent streams (or any at all) to watch those games.

benefactor
07-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Since they have the roster spots, Spurs will likely roll with Lalanne as the PF project...either on a cheap deal or as a Austin Spur.

raybies
07-08-2015, 07:53 AM
And that's if he even plays over there. I agree, it would be nice to have him here in Austin, that way he at least gets playing time. Hopefully, this has been a learning experience for him and becomes something he can build off of.

Mr. Body
07-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Laughing at all the scrubs spoofing over his middling showings in two Summer League games, who think he can guard Durant and who think the Front Office would rather pay him to rot on their own bench rather than have someone else pay him to actually develop somewhere else. What team do you think you're watching?

TheDoctor
07-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Exactly!

We can't have our only true center be a 40 year old who is paradoxically the greatest power forward ever.

Don't you think the Front Office knows that? They'll take care of.

cjw
07-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Or could this simply be because they need to fit someone on the roster on a minimum contract and every dollar matters (i.e., don't want his first round cap hit to reduce money for Duncan)?

Maddog
07-08-2015, 08:08 AM
Not a surprise
His offensive skills are horrendous. He really needs to be able to at least do at least one thing competently Not sure what this means as far as the Spurs rights to him.

LiSpurs516
07-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Would rather have him in the states where at least we could control his playing time in Austin.

Btw whats up guys, been lurking for a few years now and joined now with the mods back approving everyone. Didn't think i needed my own thread to say hello.

littlecoyotecoin
07-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Or could this simply be because they need to fit someone on the roster on a minimum contract and every dollar matters (i.e., don't want his first round cap hit to reduce money for Duncan)?

I was thinking some of that, too, that Lalanne might be cheaper, a smidge.

tav1
07-08-2015, 08:18 AM
I'm hoping for Withey and Bonner.

SanDiegoSpursFan
07-08-2015, 08:28 AM
He had some really great defensive plays so far in the SL, but its obvious that his offensive game is far behind is defense right now. Another year of development barring injury will hopefully allow him to do more than put-backs and layups.

TheDoctor
07-08-2015, 08:31 AM
The thing is that under Tony Parker LJC is fucked. Tony Parker may have been a great player but when it comes to teach and camaraderie outside the Big3 and Boris he sucks big time. He's a me first type of player. Remember when in 2013 Danny was torching the Heat and Tony decided to express PUBLICLY his take on Miami's defense when he said "I can't believe he's still open at this moment in the series". I mean, WTF?!?

THEN, this past Playoffs he took more or less the same attitude when he talked about how the Spurs were Kawhi's team that he should start looking for Kawhi to blah blah blah and what happened? Those last 3 games Kawhi disappeared while he began to dominate the ball. That was no coincidence.

KL2
07-08-2015, 08:34 AM
I'd like to see at least 1 SL guy make the roster, Lala or Bert, preferably Lala.

K...
07-08-2015, 08:36 AM
The thing is that under Tony Parker LJC is fucked. Tony Parker may have been a great player but when it comes to teach and camaraderie outside the Big3 and Boris he sucks big time. He's a me first type of player. Remember when in 2013 Danny was torching the Heat and Tony decided to express PUBLICLY his take on Miami's defense when he said "I can't believe he's still open at this moment in the series". I mean, WTF?!?

THEN, this past Playoffs he took more or less the same attitude when he talked about how the Spurs were Kawhi's team that he should start looking for Kawhi to blah blah blah and what happened? Those last 3 games Kawhi disappeared while he began to dominate the ball. That was no coincidence.

Not sure Parker coaches his France team. I thought he worked full time for he spurs?

TheDoctor
07-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Not sure Parker coaches his France team. I thought he worked full time for he spurs?

Obviously he does not coach the team. But whatever input LJC might need to make the team surely wont come from Enrique. To the contrary, Tony will talk to the competition and tell them how to play LJC.

DJR210
07-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Didn't think i needed my own thread to say hello.

Translation: didn't want to be called a "faggot" at least a few times

Em-City
07-08-2015, 08:46 AM
this guy is like a poor man's rookie version of Aminu at this stage - i don't think he's quite ready for a team looking to make a championship run. maybe if he'd had a year here already to get used to the pace of the game he could have been an end-of-bench defender to mix it up with the elite SF/PFs, but at this stage if we get to the business end of the season, kawhi should be able to handle the big minutes himself.

LiSpurs516
07-08-2015, 08:50 AM
Translation: didn't want to be called a "faggot" at least a few times

Basically.

K...
07-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Obviously he does not coach the team. But whatever input LJC might need to make the team surely wont come from Enrique. To the contrary, Tony will talk to the competition and tell them how to play LJC.

Your jokes are kind of stale tbh, but I'll just add it's been reported I think that ljc has a spurs coach check on him. He's just too raw to have coaching make a difference.

TheDoctor
07-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Your jokes are kind of stale tbh, but I'll just add it's been reported I think that ljc has a spurs coach check on him. He's just too raw to have coaching make a difference.

Oh, get it. I suppose you are one of Tony's vigilantes. It's ok to be on denial. It's your personal choice.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 09:04 AM

Oh, get it. I suppose you are one of Tony's vigilantes. It's ok to be on denial. It's your personal choice.lol tony Told LJC to be completely inept offensively.

And to get injured.

Sounds legit.

kobyz
07-08-2015, 09:04 AM

Shity poster with his shity post of the day...

TheDoctor
07-08-2015, 09:09 AM
Yup, ball huggers support each other.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Yup, ball huggers support each other.Tell us all how tony Parker personally influences LJC's goals and development.

Cite your sources. Let's hear everything you have to say. I want the full story. The world needs to know.

There's no need to personally attack other posters. Just stick to what you know.

Russ
07-08-2015, 09:12 AM
The Spurs have been reaching on first round Euros (especially bigs) since Mahinmi. Most could have been had in the second round.

Mahinmi, LJC, Milutinov, none of them were first round picks in most mock drafts.

Splitter, on the other hand, was a concensus first round pick in the mocks for a reason (as was Parker).

Bottom line, I wouldn't hold my breath on Mulutinov -- he's no Splitter (at most a lesser Rasho).

TheDoctor
07-08-2015, 09:13 AM
Tell us all how tony Parker personally influences LJC's goals and development.

Cite your sources. Let's hear everything you have to say. I want the full story. The world needs to know.

There's no need to personally attack other posters. Just stick to what you know.

I completely agree Chump Chump.

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Not coming over this season? Not coming over at all.

ElNono
07-08-2015, 09:16 AM
Somebody check on Chinook, tbh...

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 09:16 AM
I completely agree Chump Chump.So, go ahead and tell us.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-08-2015, 09:20 AM
We all know LMA doesn't want to play C, but you watch - he will be the 2nd unit C against teams that don't have bruisers. Pop will snake charm him into it. ;)

It'd still be nice to have a competent 6 foul true C though (assuming Bonner is tge other depth big), and I guess Lalanne is shaping up to be that guy.

Chinook
07-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Somebody check on Chinook, tbh...

I blame Bruno

spurs10
07-08-2015, 09:29 AM
What is the story on Milutinov? Why is he not at SL? Coming to camp? Would obviously be a good thing to have a 7 footer behind Tim and our PF lineup from hell.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 09:30 AM
What is the story on Milutinov? Why is he not at SL? Coming to camp? Would obviously be a good thing to have a 7 footer behind Tim and our PF lineup from hell.Playing with his national team.

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Exactly!

Milutinov is not even close to being ready.

Maddog
07-08-2015, 09:48 AM
The Spurs have been reaching on first round Euros (especially bigs) since Mahinmi. Most could have been had in the second round.

Mahinmi, LJC, Milutinov, none of them were first round picks in most mock drafts.

Splitter, on the other hand, was a concensus first round pick in the mocks for a reason (as was Parker).

Bottom line, I wouldn't hold my breath on Mulutinov -- he's no Splitter (at most a lesser Rasho).

These have all been very late first round picks where the rate of success is pretty low. I think this "reaching" is intentional to some extent. Take a Euro- don't have to give them guaranteed money or roster slot (allows you to bring in people for trial runs like Green Mills etc.). If they develop great- if not no loss

MI21
07-08-2015, 09:50 AM
I'm seeing people mention that the Spurs have no backup SF.

Danny Green is fine as a "backup" SF, Manu plays his best defense against bigger players these days rather than quick players with good ball handling and Boris Diaw has shown he can check SF's for short periods at an average level. Also, there is Kawhi who is going to play between 30-34 minutes PG - the Spurs will be fine at that position.

Some extra insurance could be useful but I'm doubting any player they bring in will jump above Danny and Manu on the backup SF list.

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2015, 09:52 AM
I'm seeing people mention that the Spurs have no backup SF.

Danny Green is fine as a "backup" SF, Manu plays his best defense against bigger players these days rather than quick players with good ball handling and Boris Diaw has shown he can check SF's for short periods at an average level. Also, there is Kawhi who is going to play between 30-34 minutes PG - the Spurs will be fine at that position.

Some extra insurance could be useful but I'm doubting any player they bring in will jump above Danny and Manu on the backup SF list.

Any player they bring in will immediately jump Green when he does something Pop doesn't like. Realistically though they can't expect Green to play the 2/3 with no true backup 3. Kyle Anderson will get hosed by Pop and benched several times. They'll bring a vet in

MI21
07-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Any player they bring in will immediately jump Green when he does something Pop doesn't like. Realistically though they can't expect Green to play the 2/3 with no true backup 3. Kyle Anderson will get hosed by Pop and benched several times. They'll bring a vet in

They may bring a vet in, but it isn't dire straits if they don't. For the 15MPG Kawhi isn't playing, Green/Manu/Diaw can suffice.

Mr. Body

They like reaching for Euros with late 1st rounders because it locks the players into the rookie scale. No salary expectations blowing up. It also helps because they don't like giving guaranteed money to just anybody, so avoid drafting domestic players unless they're certain.

spurs10
Playing with his national team.
Thanks....so he is not an option for this season...talent notwithstanding?

Russ
07-08-2015, 09:56 AM
I think this "reaching" is intentional to some extent. Take a Euro- don't have to give them guaranteed money or roster slot (allows you to bring in people for trial runs like Green Mills etc.). If they develop great- if not no loss

I agree, they're intentionally taking 2d round talent with first round picks for the reasons you state.

Still, it's frustrating because those picks have value. I'd rather see them trade down or get future picks if they don't see someone worth the pick they have.

BD24
07-08-2015, 09:56 AM
I agree with others that bringing him over and putting him in Austin would of been much better for his development. He barely gets any minutes in France. He needs to show some kind of offense before he is a legit nba player though.

yavozerb
07-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Kid is only 21 years old and still has plenty of time to wear the Silver and Black. Do not want to waste a season or 2 of his rookie contract on developing if the spurs can help it. Sit down with the kid, tell him what he needs to work on, and send him back over on TP's dime to develop the rest of his game. No brainer in my opinion

kobyz
07-08-2015, 10:10 AM

Two things: 1. tp is the reason we drafted this guy to begin with... 2. It's amazing how much effort you put trying to suck apa...

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Kid is only 21 years old and still has plenty of time to wear the Silver and Black. Do not want to waste a season or 2 of his rookie contract on developing if the spurs can help it. Sit down with the kid, tell him what he needs to work on, and send him back over on TP's dime to develop the rest of his game. No brainer in my opinion

He needs to work on offense in game time situations, he needs minutes.. Hopefully Asvel will provide that going forward

Johnny RIngo
07-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Still annoyed that Spurs just barely missed drafting Gobert and had to settle for this scrub. We always end up drafting the shitty French players

Russ
07-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Still annoyed that Spurs just barely missed drafting Gobert and had to settle for this scrub. We always end up drafting the shitty French players

Missed Batum by one spot also.

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2015, 10:28 AM
But remember that time they got George Hill and Tiago Splitter..

ducks
07-08-2015, 10:30 AM
how many French players have spurs drafted?

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2015, 10:34 AM
how many French players have spurs drafted?
4 including parker

BillMc
07-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Don't you think the Front Office knows that? They'll take care of.

Obviously, they will. They're the best FO in the league.

Maddog
07-08-2015, 11:31 AM
I agree, they're intentionally taking 2d round talent with first round picks for the reasons you state.

Still, it's frustrating because those picks have value. I'd rather see them trade down or get future picks if they don't see someone worth the pick they have.

I suspect they try this and have in the past- traded for future picks etc.

dbestpro
07-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Rodman was no offensive juggernaut

wildbill2u
07-08-2015, 12:21 PM
I think he needs game minutes and he'll get that in Europe. Everyone agrees he's pretty raw and still very inexperienced. As long as we have his rights for the next year I'm down with leaving him in France again.

Spurs FO seems to have a pretty good handle on their needs this year and have demonstrated an ability to fill them with good money management and the Spurs story. I'll go with their decision over ST posters who only have a limited exposure to LJC in two SL games against minor league players.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 12:25 PM
I think he needs game minutes and he'll get that in Europe. Everyone agrees he's pretty raw and still very inexperienced. As long as we have his rights for the next year I'm down with leaving him in France again.

Spurs FO seems to have a pretty good handle on their needs this year and have demonstrated an ability to fill them with good money management and the Spurs story. I'll go with their decision over ST posters who only have a limited exposure to LJC in two SL games against minor league players.Bullshit!

I've been following JC -- that's what he likes to be called -- since Monday. I know what's best for him and the Spurs!

ceperez
07-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Bullshit!

I've been following JC -- that's what he likes to be called -- since Monday. I know what's best for him and the Spurs!

Of course it is utter BS. Spurs win by just waiting until he gets better. Why pay to develop him when someone else will? Players are at their peak late 20's, he's 21, lots of time to wait!

best Spurs can do is lock him up 4-5 years... but means he's 25-26 by that time... earning around $1m. major bargain

Maddog
07-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Rodman was no offensive juggernaut

true
But Rodman could score on putbacks, underrated passer and could dribble. Often brought the ball up the court after a rebound.
Offensively, the only thing JLC does better is keep his shoes on during timeouts.

ceperez
07-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Bad call... just as bad a call of not trading the pick to pickup Golbert.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Bad call... just as bad a call of not trading the pick to pickup Golbert.But are you sure the Spurs aren't getting Tavares?

baseline bum
07-08-2015, 12:57 PM
So many posters here were sure that LJC would make the roster. His shooting in the summer league is a big letdown.

I don't think anyone expected him to earn a spot on the roster. We expected him here because he is guaranteed a two year contract since he was a first round pick, but that guarantee evaporates if he doesn't come over by this year. So apparently the front office must have promised him a two year contract next season, because otherwise he'd be a moron to pass up a free $1.8 million.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 01:00 PM
I don't think anyone expected him to earn a spot on the roster. We expected him here because he is guaranteed a two year contract since he was a first round pick, but that guarantee evaporates if he doesn't come over by this year. So apparently the front office must have promised him a two year contract next season, because otherwise he'd be a moron to pass up a free $1.8 million.I don't believe the guarantee goes away. From what I read LJC would either be paid scale or more if exceptions were used.

ace3g
07-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Livio Jean Charles @Jclifio
(https://twitter.com/Jclifio)Intresting meeting this afternoon#nbaplayerdevelopment#shareexperiences

AFBlue
07-08-2015, 07:04 PM
(https://twitter.com/Jclifio)Intresting meeting this afternoon#nbaplayerdevelopment#shareexperiences

I guess no one had told LJC. :lol

DrunkTXLabrat
07-08-2015, 07:30 PM

this

Mr. Body
07-08-2015, 07:36 PM

No longer a virgin, I guess. Way to go, NBA!

K...
07-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Is this related to the cap rise? Maybe more room for a first round salary puts him over cady or spurs are ponying up for both?

DrunkTXLabrat
07-08-2015, 07:41 PM
why would a team give a roster spot to a player they drafted? it's just insane. that's like getting in your car to go to work. everybody knows, cars are for naps and charging phones.

ceperez
07-08-2015, 08:27 PM
why would a team give a roster spot to a player they drafted? it's just insane. that's like getting in your car to go to work. everybody knows, cars are for naps and charging phones.

Yeah.... why give one to a first round draft pick, these guys are only meant to be stashed. 2nd round picks only deserve unguaranteed contracts.

Mikeanaro
07-08-2015, 08:30 PM
One player did the same thing long time ago, the result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61JzNFinsJA

phxspurfan
07-08-2015, 08:54 PM
from what I saw he blended in with the hardwood. Not good for a guy wanting to compete for a spot on a stacked roster.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Yeah.... why give one to a first round draft pick, these guys are only meant to be stashed. 2nd round picks only deserve unguaranteed contracts.

Amen, there's plenty of money to go around. unlimited minimums and non-scrub vets.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Amen, there's plenty of money to go around. unlimited minimums and non-scrub vets.

what the Spurs really need is open roster spots. i think they should experiment with having 2 open roster spots, this year.

Darkwaters
07-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Would rather have him in the states where at least we could control his playing time in Austin.

Btw whats up guys, been lurking for a few years now and joined now with the mods back approving everyone. Didn't think i needed my own thread to say hello.

Welcome to Spurstalk.

BackHome
07-08-2015, 09:34 PM
He reminds me of James Gist another PF they tried to make into a SF that didn't work out.

cd021
07-08-2015, 09:50 PM
for the 16-17 season we could have:

[Davis] Bertans
LJC
Mulitinov

and potentially our 1st round pick

DrunkTXLabrat
07-08-2015, 09:58 PM

[Davis] Bertans
LJC
Mulitinov

better get that taste out yo mouth, son. Mulitinov will be lucky if he gets to come over.

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2015, 09:59 PM

[Davis] Bertans
LJC
Mulitinov

It's sad to say but those guys probably never suit up as a Spur

Obstructed_View
07-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Remember that the Spurs have a trade with Atlanta pending.

GSH
07-08-2015, 10:02 PM

I guess if the Spurs had any cap space, they could go after some players who have already committed somewhere else.

cd021
07-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Remember that the Spurs have a trade with Atlanta pending.

My guess is three second rounders, Atlanta has five second rounders over the next two seasons.

Washington's 2016 second round pick

Brooklyn's and Miami's 2017 second round pick

All of them probably max out as picks late 40's or early 50's.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 10:20 PM
LJC just got PMB'd.

Way to go, ST scouts.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 10:21 PM
My guess is three second rounders, Atlanta has five second rounders over the next two seasons.

All of them probably max out as picks late 40's or early 50's.Swedish kid. Bring him over and introduce him to flour tortillas.

exstatic
07-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Interesting. So does this mean he's released from the first round guaranteed dollars? I would think that's their only reason for not bringing him over now. His defensive instincts are legit, but he does need another year (or two) of development on the offensive end. I think he could've been decent depth and developed in Austin, but I'm not second-guessing the FO.

There's this guy named Aldridge. He needs a large portion of the cap, and if LJC doesn't submit the letter saying he's staying in Europe, his draft slot salary counts against it...

exstatic
07-08-2015, 10:23 PM
It's sad to say but those guys probably never suit up as a Spur

??? We've never failed to suit up a foreign FIRST rounder, and the only one on the list that isn't is Bertans, probably the best prospect of the 3 players.

Obstructed_View
07-08-2015, 10:32 PM

All of them probably max out as picks late 40's or early 50's.

And one of you fine people is going to figure out how the Spurs can use that to trade for what they need this regular season. Looking forward to that. :toast

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2015, 10:58 PM
??? We've never failed to suit up a foreign FIRST rounder, and the only one on the list that isn't is Bertans, probably the best prospect of the 3 players.

Bertans is injury prone, doubt he ever makes the team. LJC and Mulitinov are a few years away from being NBA players and by that time Spurs will have moved on.

CGD
07-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Little disappointed in this move given the open spots this year, but who am I to second guess the FO especially this summer

duncan2150
07-09-2015, 08:28 AM
He needs to play, the better place for that is in France

The Pro A is a better competition than D-League imo and he could come back way better