PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to Mr. Tony Parker, Court General of the Spurs

cutewizard
07-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Dear Mr. Tony Parker,

Spurs fans all over the world are delighted by the excellent offseason of our beloved team, the San Antonio Spurs. Expectations are high, fans are excited by the newcomers, and we are all looking forward to the regular season. Attention shall be focused on LaMarcus Aldridge and David West, and how they shall jell with the team. Including yours truly, of course.

But there is one player that I shall keenly observe as well, for he may hold the key to this upcoming season. This player is you, dear Sir. Yes, Mr. Tony Parker, you are the court general of the Spurs; and this season your leadership, maturity and equanimity are needed more than ever.

The Spurs have catapulted themselves to the elite once again. But, if you contemplate the following processes, we shall be unstoppable, barring injury, of course.

One, you age gracefully, follow the footsteps of Tim and Manu and graciously hand over the baton to LaMarcus Aldridge and Kawhi Leonard.

Two, you make a commitment to be at your best, compete at the highest level, preserve your health, and do everything possible basketball-wise to contribute to the betterment of the Spurs.

Third, you relax in the offensive department, allow others to bear the burden scoring-wise and explore other areas of basketball where you can excel, like leadership, passing (perhaps aspiring to lead the league in assists, which you have never achieved), and guiding the newcomers into the system. Give up the ball more, Sir Tony, and let the others have the limelight. You had many years of such accolades. A low scoring average this season will not diminish your basketball legacy. But, if you make these sacrifices, and we have a special season, it will go a long way to solidify your special place in basketball history.

After reading this, your first reaction shall be: “Who is this fan who pretends to lecture me?”

I know dear Sir, I am just a simple fan. But I am going to ask you a simple question: “Do you love the Spurs?” “Do you really, really love the Spurs?” If you don’t, log off, pretend you didn’t read this missive, walk away and do your own thing.

But, if perchance, you have even the smallest iota of love for the Spurs, and furthermore, if you care about your reputation when you eventually retire, heed these words……

Years from now, when we all get old, people will forget about all our youthful indiscretions. They will remember our triumphs more, and the sacrifices we made to achieve those triumphs. You had the “pastimes of your youth.” I really don’t think about them when I watch you. I only remember the talented player that you are, and always wish that you could adapt somehow, and hand over the baton to the other players.

Sir Tony Parker, court general of the Spurs, your talents and accomplishments are undeniable. You are one of the greatest point guards to ever play the game. There is no need to prove it offensively. But if you can prove it by adapting, by changing your game to accommodate novelty and the newcomers, and allow others to shine, that shall be the day.

Rest assured, all your international fans love you as much as we love the rest of your teammates.

May you find the will to adapt!

Sincerely,

Cutewizard

MultiTroll
07-08-2015, 09:28 AM
How would you like it delivered?
In person? Can someone here do that?
Registered mail?
Posted anywhere other then here?

cutewizard
07-08-2015, 09:29 AM
seriously?

hahahaha

horsielove
07-08-2015, 09:30 AM
How would you like it delivered?
In person? Can someone here do that?
Registered mail?
Posted anywhere other then here?

attach it in a pizza box.

cutewizard
07-08-2015, 09:30 AM
i just wanted to express my thoughts......nothing more

I think Parker can do it, he can transform himself and become a pass-first playmaker...like Avery

he can do it...but will he do it?

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 09:31 AM
PS - :cry Stop sabotaging LJC! :cry

Beaverfuzz
07-08-2015, 09:33 AM
I got bored after she said Tony ages gracefully.

tl; dr

TheDoctor
07-08-2015, 09:35 AM
I got bored after she said Tony ages gracefully.

tl; dr

LongtimeSpursFan
07-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Shouldn't the letter be addressed to Pop since he designed offense to run through Parker?

Fireball
07-08-2015, 09:40 AM
when reading "accolades" I immediately thought "chocolate" ... hmmm, why is that?

random21
07-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Dear Mr. Tony Parker,

Spurs fans all over the world are delighted by the excellent offseason of our beloved team, the San Antonio Spurs. Expectations are high, fans are excited by the newcomers, and we are all looking forward to the regular season. Attention shall be focused on LaMarcus Aldridge and David West, and how they shall jell with the team. Including yours truly, of course.

But there is one player that I shall keenly observe as well, for he may hold the key to this upcoming season. This player is you, dear Sir. Yes, Mr. Tony Parker, you are the court general of the Spurs; and this season your leadership, maturity and equanimity are needed more than ever.

The Spurs have catapulted themselves to the elite once again. But, if you contemplate the following processes, we shall be unstoppable, barring injury, of course.

One, you age gracefully, follow the footsteps of Tim and Manu and graciously hand over the baton to LaMarcus Aldridge and Kawhi Leonard.

Two, you make a commitment to be at your best, compete at the highest level, preserve your health, and do everything possible basketball-wise to contribute to the betterment of the Spurs.

Third, you relax in the offensive department, allow others to bear the burden scoring-wise and explore other areas of basketball where you can excel, like leadership, passing (perhaps aspiring to lead the league in assists, which you have never achieved), and guiding the newcomers into the system. Give up the ball more, Sir Tony, and let the others have the limelight. You had many years of such accolades. A low scoring average this season will not diminish your basketball legacy. But, if you make these sacrifices, and we have a special season, it will go a long way to solidify your special place in basketball history.

After reading this, your first reaction shall be: “Who is this fan who pretends to lecture me?”

I know dear Sir, I am just a simple fan. But I am going to ask you a simple question: “Do you love the Spurs?” “Do you really, really love the Spurs?” If you don’t, log off, pretend you didn’t read this missive, walk away and do your own thing.

But, if perchance, you have even the smallest iota of love for the Spurs, and furthermore, if you care about your reputation when you eventually retire, heed these words……

Years from now, when we all get old, people will forget about all our youthful indiscretions. They will remember our triumphs more, and the sacrifices we made to achieve those triumphs. You had the “pastimes of your youth.” I really don’t think about them when I watch you. I only remember the talented player that you are, and always wish that you could adapt somehow, and hand over the baton to the other players.

Sir Tony Parker, court general of the Spurs, your talents and accomplishments are undeniable. You are one of the greatest point guards to ever play the game. There is no need to prove it offensively. But if you can prove it by adapting, by changing your game to accommodate novelty and the newcomers, and allow others to shine, that shall be the day.

Rest assured, all your international fans love you as much as we love the rest of your teammates.

May you find the will to adapt!

Sincerely,

Cutewizard

Should have put retire after this season, so we can have 14 mil more cap room to find a starting pg....

Blake
07-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Dear Tony

Put down the croissant.

Sincerely
:madrun Spurstalk

TheGoldStandard
07-08-2015, 09:46 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2zgtdnb.gif

K...
07-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Yawn,tldr......

Stop dribble dribble, pass pass, stop eating, give me money, but I still want you to cuck my wife, love spurfan

sandman
07-08-2015, 10:23 AM
i just wanted to express my thoughts......nothing more

I think Parker can do it, he can transform himself and become a pass-first playmaker...like Avery

he can do it...but will he do it?

Tony would probably point out that he has a higher career assist average while still being a primary scorer.

AJ was a pass-first playmaker because he couldn't do anything else first besides Jesus.

SASdynasty!
07-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Lol, seems to me like we would want Parker to be our leading scorer if we want any chance of winning the series:

Leading Scorers for each playoff series over the past 3 years:

Series We Won:
Tony Parker (2014 NBA Finals)
Tim Duncan (2014 Western Conference Finals)
Tony Parker (2014 Western Conference Semifinals)
Tony Parker (2014 Western Conference Quarterfinals)
Tony Parker (2013 Western Conference Finals)
Tony Parker (2013 Western Conference Semifinals)
Tony Parker (2013 Western Conference Quarterfinals)

Series We Lost:
Kawhi Leonard (2015 Western Conference Quarterfinals)
Tim Duncan (2013 NBA Finals)

cutewizard
07-08-2015, 10:49 AM
We didnt have an all-world offensive forward like LMA the past 3 years......

just sayin....

ducks
07-08-2015, 10:49 AM
this is so fucking stupid pop loves top offseason plan
he knows what tp is going to do and is thrilled about it

dabom
07-08-2015, 12:21 PM
Dear Tony

Put down the croissant.

Sincerely
:madrun Spurstalk

beirmeistr
07-08-2015, 12:28 PM
good letter, maybe you can send it to the spurs web site.

cutewizard
07-08-2015, 12:50 PM
How?

cutewizard
07-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Do they have an email there?

cutewizard
07-08-2015, 12:51 PM
good letter, maybe you can send it to the spurs web site.

thank you for the compliment Sir!

Diego20
07-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Lol, seems to me like we would want Parker to be our leading scorer if we want any chance of winning the series:

Series We Won:

Series We Lost:

he won't be our leading scorer.

SASdynasty!
07-08-2015, 01:54 PM
he won't be our leading scorer.
Then hopefully we can do something we've only done once in the last 3 years. Win a playoff series without him being the leading scorer.

james evans
07-08-2015, 02:46 PM

Series We Won:

Series We Lost:
I could easily break down each series for you, but you know better. And it's not worth my typing because you want to play the fool haha.

eric365
07-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Tony being involved a lot in the offense next year isn't a bad thing imo even with less speed

He is still the best pick and roll guard on the team and it's a pretty good play to run with midrange shooter like LMA and West
I expect him to have a lot of assists next year

But yes in the other possessions he'll have to give the ball quickly

Mikeanaro
07-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Good letter.

SASdynasty!
07-08-2015, 06:35 PM
I could easily break down each series for you, but you know better. And it's not worth my typing because you want to play the fool haha.
No I guess I don't know better. I guess I'm in the minority of people that think he was actually the best player on the team in '14. Well, me and all the coaches in the league who voted him as our only All-Star. Or the people responsible for selecting him as our only All-NBA player that season. And I guess bailing the Spurs out in G7 (something no one could do for us this year) wasn't a big deal, because I'm sure we would have won anyway right? Lol. So I understand that leading the team in scoring and assists all season, all playoffs, and in almost every individual playoff series isn't a big deal anymore because advanced stats yo. I guess NBA coaches, the league, and the media don't know anything about advanced stats. Only SpursTalk, lol.

Emperor
07-08-2015, 06:44 PM
I just hope he can stay healthy.

nickdaquick
07-08-2015, 06:45 PM
I would guess the offense is going to change/TP will be passing to the flare man more often with LA and West in the fold.

SPURt
07-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Dear Mr. Parker,
You are the Spurs equivalent of Philippe Petain. You need to dig deep and find your inner Charles De Gaulle. The only other player capable of handling balls with your skill is old man Manu, as much as you're hated on you're needed.
Kisses,
SPURt

Axegrinder
07-08-2015, 07:33 PM
Cutewizard, please catfish Tony, thank you

UNT Eagles 2016
07-08-2015, 08:04 PM
I just hope he can stay healthy.

It's too bad Michelle Obama's pipe-dream plan to federally ban all chains such as Cinnabon, Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme, Shipley's and Baskin Robbins hasn't made it to Texas, tbh...

spurspokesman
07-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Lay off of the starchy foods bruh

cutewizard
07-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Good letter.

Thank you!

cutewizard
07-09-2015, 12:39 AM
we got a third string PG now!!!!

yyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppeeeeeeeeee!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn0tv6c0a94

cutewizard
07-09-2015, 12:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13217082