PDA

View Full Version : Whataburger Asks Customers Not to Open Carry

Spurminator
07-08-2015, 09:42 AM
http://whataburger.com/company/pressreleasedetail/whataburger-addresses-open-carry-policy

This did not please Open Carry advocates.

http://i.imgur.com/sg369nO.png

My favorite... this guy falling for an excellent troll job.
http://i.imgur.com/R3YtYI6.png

DMX7
07-08-2015, 09:44 AM
They'll be back. They can't stay away for long. No one can.

TeyshaBlue
07-08-2015, 10:49 AM

Troof. Hamburger crack.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 10:55 AM
I respect their opinion but it's up to the patron whether or not to open carry.

boutons_deux
07-08-2015, 11:04 AM
gun fellators are dickless rightwingnuts

m>s
07-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Omg that troll job my sides are in orbit

DMX7
07-08-2015, 11:37 AM
...it's up to the patron whether or not to open carry.

Actually, it's Whataburger's private property, so no it's not.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 11:40 AM
Actually, it's Whataburger's private property, so no it's not.

I'm not sure then. I'm pretty sure that it's privately owned or maybe a franchise. But they can't exclude people based on their beliefs either way.

boutons_deux
07-08-2015, 11:43 AM
they can't exclude people based on their beliefs either way.

a gun isn't a belief

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 11:45 AM
a gun isn't a belief

It's my opinion. I said I would respect Whataburger's right to their opinion as well. But if they are serving me and I'm paying for this service, I will still have the right to open carry. In reality, I don't open carry but conceal carry. And most of the time, I wouldn't take my guns into Whataburger but would leave them in the car. But I still reserve the right to open carry.

DMX7
07-08-2015, 11:50 AM
a gun isn't a belief

It is to some. :lol

101A
07-08-2015, 12:27 PM
It's my opinion. I said I would respect Whataburger's right to their opinion as well. But if they are serving me and I'm paying for this service, I will still have the right to open carry. In reality, I don't open carry but conceal carry. And most of the time, I wouldn't take my guns into Whataburger but would leave them in the car. But I still reserve the right to open carry.

You do not reserve the right to open carry in WhataBurger, or any other private establishment that says you can't.

Or are you against property rights?

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 12:35 PM
You do not reserve the right to open carry in WhataBurger, or any other private establishment that says you can't.

Or are you against property rights?

Of course I'm "for" property rights. But Whataburger is a public place. They can't deny me any of my rights should I choose to exercise them there. If I order a meal there, they have to serve me. And if I go in there with a rebel flag shirt, they can't kick me out. (example only).

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Of course I'm "for" property rights. But Whataburger is a public place. They can't deny me any of my rights should I choose to exercise them there. If I order a meal there, they have to serve me. And if I go in there with a rebel flag shirt, they can't kick me out. (example only).Yes, they can.

Constitutional rights are not Whataburger rights.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Yes, they can.

Constitutional rights are not Whataburger rights.

Constitutional rights supersede "Whataburger rights". I don't even know what you mean.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Constitutional rights supersede "Whataburger rights". I don't even know what you mean.Of course you don't.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Of course you don't.

what's your deal? then what are "Whataburger rights"?

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 12:49 PM
what's your deal? then what are "Whataburger rights"?Whataburger is not obligated to serve you and can refuse service if you, say, bring a gun in there.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Whataburger is not obligated to serve you and can refuse service if you, say, bring a gun in there.

that's not true

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 12:54 PM
that's not trueOf course it's true.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Of course it's true.

They can't just refuse service to anyone they want.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 12:58 PM
They can't just refuse service to anyone they want.With some legal exceptions, that's exactly what they can do.

Spurminator
07-08-2015, 01:01 PM
They can't just refuse service to anyone they want.

Have you never seen the sign "No shoes, No shirt, No service"?

Oh, Gee!!
07-08-2015, 01:06 PM

Ever seen a guy say goodbye to a shoe?

boutons_deux
07-08-2015, 01:08 PM
that's not true

If a visitor's behavior is impacting the establishment's business (like scaring the customers), the estabilshment has every right to expel visitor, and call the cops to do it.

Your fantasies of 2nd Amendment "rights" trumping ALL OTHER RIGHTS is fucking bullshit.

Spurminator
07-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Ever seen a guy say goodbye to a shoe?

Yes, once.

Big Empty
07-08-2015, 01:12 PM
i dont see what the big deal is. just conceal it.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 01:12 PM

Sure. It's just a sign. Just like those signs that deny any legal liability for a business. It doesn't mean anything.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 01:13 PM
If a visitor's behavior is impacting the establishment's business (like scaring the customers), the estabilshment has every right to expel visitor, and call the cops to do it.

Your fantasies of 2nd Amendment "rights" trumping ALL OTHER RIGHTS is fucking bullshit.

So now you're cursing to make your point. That's all I need to hear from you to know you're wrong.

Spurminator
07-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Sure. It's just a sign. Just like those signs that deny any legal liability for a business. It doesn't mean anything.

Yes, it means the business can refuse to serve you if you're not wearing a shirt. Unless you're aware of someone suing a business and winning for kicking them out for not wearing a shirt.

boutons_deux
07-08-2015, 01:16 PM
So now you're cursing to make your point. That's all I need to hear from you to know you're wrong.

GFY

Oh, Gee!!
07-08-2015, 01:16 PM

Like "No Trespassing" signs. just words, man.

Are you one of those nihilists I've been hearing about lately?

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 01:19 PM
Yes, it means the business can refuse to serve you if you're not wearing a shirt. Unless you're aware of someone suing a business and winning for kicking them out for not wearing a shirt.

That's different. There isn't some "right to not wear a shirt". LOL.

DisAsTerBot
07-08-2015, 01:19 PM
i love when we get new dumb posters. they are so entertaining. In a car wreck kind of way...

Shastafarian
07-08-2015, 01:20 PM

You are a perfect example of why people need to pass an exam on laws prior to receiving a gun license. This is gonna sound bad but you seem far too dumb to own a lethal weapon.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 01:20 PM
i love when we get new dumb posters. they are so entertaining. In a car wreck kind of way...

That what going on? Gang up on the new poster? Great forum man.

boutons_deux
07-08-2015, 01:21 PM

GFY

Spurminator
07-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Get this, SOME restaurants can even refuse to serve you if you're not wearing a SUIT. Crazy right? Some dance clubs might not let you in because you're just not attractive enough. I mean, how superficial, right?

If that's not legal, I'm amazed that none of the millions of lawyers in this country has thought about suing those businesses.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2015, 01:23 PM
That what going on? Gang up on the new poster? Great forum man.You're gonna be alright.

Leave the gun at home tho.

Spurminator
07-08-2015, 01:25 PM
That's different. There isn't some "right to not wear a shirt". LOL.

There's not a right to carry around an AR-15 everywhere you want to go either.

DisAsTerBot
07-08-2015, 01:26 PM

no. no one is ganging up on you, just pointing out that you are wrong. It's when you double down on being wrong that is gets entertaining.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Get this, SOME restaurants can even refuse to serve you if you're not wearing a SUIT. Crazy right? Some dance clubs might not let you in because you're just not attractive enough. I mean, how superficial, right?

If that's not legal, I'm amazed that none of the millions of lawyers in this country has thought about suing those businesses.

They can't refuse service based on how someone looks. But no one is going to pay a lawyer to get them into a club. Some battles aren't worth fighting. If someone turned me away from a club, I would just move on.

boutons_deux
07-08-2015, 01:27 PM

the only thing that stops a wannabe TOUGH GUY WITH A GUN is a bitch-slapper with a keyboard

Oh, Gee!!
07-08-2015, 01:29 PM
settle down, boutons

SpursforSix
no. no one is ganging up on you, just pointing out that you are wrong. It's when you double down on being wrong that is gets entertaining.

I've been cursed at several times when all I'm doing is providing my opinion. Which isn't wrong. It's an opinion.

SpursforSix
There's not a right to carry around an AR-15 everywhere you want to go either.

I agree.

DisAsTerBot
07-08-2015, 01:32 PM
I've been cursed at several times when all I'm doing is providing my opinion. Which isn't wrong. It's an opinion.

right. and your opinion is backed by no facts. While it is true it is your opinion, it is wrong in factual accuracy.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 01:34 PM
right. and your opinion is backed by no facts. While it is true it is your opinion, it is wrong in factual accuracy.

an opinion isn't provable or not. If I look at some woman and say she's pretty and someone says she's not then there is no right or wrong.

Oh, Gee!!
07-08-2015, 01:48 PM
in my opinion, the world is flat

DisAsTerBot
07-08-2015, 01:55 PM

well that settles it, since your opinion "isn't provable or not"

lmao

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2015, 02:08 PM

that's not an opinion.

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2015, 02:09 PM

I agree. This is exactly why there should be Threat Neutralization Training incorporated into any kind of carry classes.

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2015, 02:11 PM
a gun isn't a belief

blackness isn't a belief either. Can Whataburger just not serve black people?

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2015, 02:13 PM
an opinion isn't provable or not. If I look at some woman and say she's pretty and someone says she's not then there is no right or wrong.

From experience, once you get locked in to this kind of argument, the thread is basically ruined. If you have a strong opinion on something and want a real debate, you need to start a thread with a clear title as to your stance.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 02:15 PM
I agree. This is exactly why there should be Threat Neutralization Training incorporated into any kind of carry classes.

What is that?

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2015, 02:17 PM
What is that?

It's high intensity training where you learn to use a gun non-lethally by targeting points of the body that neutralize a thread. Like a knee or hip. Once the potential threat is neutralized, you can decide to either place a fatal shot or to call the authorities.

SpursforSix
07-08-2015, 02:19 PM
It's high intensity training where you learn to use a gun non-lethally by targeting points of the body that neutralize a thread. Like a knee or hip. Once the potential threat is neutralized, you can decide to either place a fatal shot or to call the authorities.

I haven't heard of that but it doesn't make much sense in terms of the risk of missing a target lie a knee.

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2015, 02:21 PM
I haven't heard of that but it doesn't make much sense in terms of the risk of missing a target lie a knee.

It's pretty new so it's unlikely that it's being taught yet. But it's preconceptions like yours along with the desire to kill that leave the anti gun argument where it is today.

Oh, Gee!!
07-08-2015, 02:45 PM
that's not an opinion.

why is your username pink and interlineated? in your opinion?

TheSanityAnnex
07-08-2015, 03:05 PM
the only thing that stops a wannabe TOUGH GUY WITH A GUN is a bitch-slapper with a keyboard
The only thing your keyboard has stopped is you getting laid.

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2015, 03:11 PM
why is your username pink and interlineated? in your opinion?

it's for breast cancer awareness. the line is some kind of glitch I guess.

Oh, Gee!!
07-08-2015, 03:26 PM

that's really cool. good on you.

Blizzardwizard
07-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Wait, so people are getting pissy about not being able to whip out their uzis in a store?

Oh America :lol

"You're denying my right to kill god damnit :cry"

TeyshaBlue
07-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Wait, so people are getting pissy about not being able to whip out their uzis in a store?

Oh America :lol

"You're denying my right to kill god damnit :cry"

Nobody wants to eat a live burger, damnit!

Except the Dutch. Rarest meat I've ever eaten I ate in Amsterdam. :lol

ElNono
07-08-2015, 05:51 PM
The 2nd Amendment doesn't preclude States from regulating the use of arms. While the Supreme Court has found certain regulations unconstitutional because they effectively ban the use State-wide and that in effect infringes on citizen's rights, it has also stated that States do retain the right to license and regulate, including banning the use of arms in certain areas (ie: gun free zones) or banning licensing to certain individuals (ie: mentally ill).

Under that authority to regulate Texas passed certain laws (http://kxan.com/2015/06/13/abbott-to-sign-open-carry-campus-carry-into-law/). But, AFAIK, those laws affords "private property owners" the right to ban the practices.

As such, Whataburger (alongside any other private property owners), have the authority to ban open carry in their premises. It's perfectly legal and constitutional.

TheSanityAnnex
07-08-2015, 05:55 PM
The 2nd Amendment doesn't preclude States from regulating the use of arms. While the Supreme Court has found certain regulations unconstitutional because they effectively ban the use State-wide and that in effect infringes on citizen's rights, it has also stated that States do retain the right to license and regulate, including banning the use of arms in certain areas (ie: gun free zones) or banning licensing to certain individuals (ie: mentally ill).

Under that authority to regulate Texas passed certain laws (http://kxan.com/2015/06/13/abbott-to-sign-open-carry-campus-carry-into-law/). But, AFAIK, those laws affords "private property owners" the right to ban the practices.

As such, Whataburger (alongside any other private property owners), have the authority to ban open carry in their premises. It's perfectly legal and constitutional.

These open carry faggots should be carrying concealed and enjoying Whataburger's.

Blake
07-08-2015, 05:59 PM
I'm not sure then. I'm pretty sure that it's privately owned or maybe a franchise. But they can't exclude people based on their beliefs either way.

Gnsf..

ElNono
07-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Pretty much any restaurant over 250sq feet that seats over 50 patrons and is open to the public is considered a public place. That has nothing to do with this though.

Blake
07-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Nobody wants to eat a live burger, damnit!

Lol

Blake
07-08-2015, 06:09 PM

Damn you have to try really hard to get pinked. nice work.

Blake
07-08-2015, 06:17 PM

Lol

SupremeGuy
07-08-2015, 06:18 PM
People feeling like their opinion is being validated because Whataburger agrees with them... :lol

Bunch of fatasses and cucks.

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Damn you have to try really hard to get pinked. nice work.

I didn't do anything. This it how it starts. Denigrating the intellectuals. Next, I'll just be gone one day.

Blake
07-08-2015, 06:42 PM
People feeling like their opinion is being validated because Whataburger agrees with them... :lol

Bunch of fatasses and cucks.

Do you agree or disagree with whataburger

SupremeGuy
07-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Do you agree or disagree with whataburgerI think open carry is pretty fucking retarded, tbh. This isn't the old fucking West. At the same time, I think it's stupid of Whataburger to get political. Just like you freak out and scream bigotry when a Christian bakery doesn't want to bake a cake for a gay couple; there's people equally passionate about their right to bear arms, concealed or not.

At the end of the day, just make me my damn patty melt and spare me the bullshit.

Blake
07-08-2015, 07:04 PM
I think open carry is pretty fucking retarded, tbh.

so if you agree with whataburger, wtf are you talking about with opinion validation

Blake
07-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Just like you freak out and scream bigotry when a Christian bakery doesn't want to bake a cake for a gay couple;

I don't have to scream it if the courts are saying it for me

SupremeGuy
07-08-2015, 07:07 PM
I don't have to scream it if the courts are saying it for meDo you have to? No. Do you do it anyways? Yes.

Th'Pusher
07-08-2015, 07:16 PM
I think open carry is pretty fucking retarded, tbh. This isn't the old fucking West. At the same time, I think it's stupid of Whataburger to get political. Just like you freak out and scream bigotry when a Christian bakery doesn't want to bake a cake for a gay couple; there's people equally passionate about their right to bear arms, concealed or not.

At the end of the day, just make me my damn patty melt and spare me the bullshit.
Maybe it's not political for WB, but they'd just prefer Not to have a bunch of shitty neck-beards carrying long guns and scaring restaurant patrons for the sake of drawing attention. It likely an economic decision, not a political one.

SupremeGuy
07-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Maybe it's not political for WB, but they'd just prefer Not to have a bunch of shitty neck-beards carrying long guns and scaring restaurant patrons for the sake of drawing attention. It likely an economic decision, not a political one.This is Texas motherfucker, I shower with my gun!

I ain't 'bout to let no liberal yankee fancy burger joint tell me I can't bring my gun. Hell naw.

Th'Pusher
07-08-2015, 07:52 PM
This is Texas motherfucker, I shower with my gun!

I ain't 'bout to let no liberal yankee fancy burger joint tell me I can't bring my gun. Hell naw.
You realize Whataburger is headquartered in San Antonio, right?

SupremeGuy
07-08-2015, 07:53 PM
You realize Whataburger is headquartered in San Antonio, right?http://icongal.com/gallery/image/157221/emotes_face_plain.png

Th'Pusher
07-08-2015, 07:55 PM
http://icongal.com/gallery/image/157221/emotes_face_plain.png
Is that a yes or a no? you don't seem to be very well informed tbh.

Spurminator
07-08-2015, 08:09 PM
I don't understand why Red Robin had to get all political when they prevented a doctor from performing an abortion on its patio today...

SupremeGuy
07-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Is that a yes or a no? you don't seem to be very well informed tbh.http://icongal.com/gallery/image/157221/emotes_face_plain.png

Blake
07-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Do you have to? No. Do you do it anyways? Yes.

No I don't. I have no dog in the fight and I don't care about changing some random shit poster's internet mind. I'm just here for the entertainment.

lefty
07-08-2015, 11:07 PM
:cry pls let me have a gun
:cry cuz I feel like a loser and a coward when i don't have it
:cry but when I do carry it, I feel like I'm a tough guy, espcially when I carry a fun AND walk my pitbull

z0sa
07-08-2015, 11:45 PM
http://icongal.com/gallery/image/157221/emotes_face_plain.png

lol

RD2191
07-09-2015, 02:42 PM
:cry but when I do carry it, I feel like I'm a tough guy, espcially when I carry a fun AND walk my pitbull
This, tbh. The fuck you need a gun at whataburger for anyways? Gonna get into a shootout over chicken strips?

Clipper Nation
07-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Sad to see Whataburger sell out to the libtard agenda.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Sad to see Whataburger sell out to the libtard agenda.Maybe they just don't want guns in their restaurants.

DMX7
07-09-2015, 10:15 PM

Open-carry at a place like Whataburger is bad for business. People dining in there greenly don't want to see other patrons showcasing their guns. It makes many people uneasy.

admiralsnackbar
07-09-2015, 10:52 PM

I'm a gun owner, but I don't want to pay to take my kid to eat around armed strangers any more than I want to take him to a restaurant where homeless people are allowed to beg for food. There's a time and a place for guns as much as there is for charity. I'm also a capitalist, and believe businesses have the right to protect the brand, product, and customer experience they've spent millions perfecting. "No shirt, no shoes, no service," and "no loitering" policies are a common example of business owners trying to improve customer experience by engendering the perception that their establishments are sanitary, family-friendly, and safe. There's also the issue of insurance that businesses have to reckon with: if an business has no policy regarding weapons on its premises or goes so far as to encourage its patrons to be armed, the exposure to lawsuits biz owners face will skyrocket, resulting in crippling insurance rates that will drive prices up and customers away. "No skateboarding on company premises" policies are an example of businesses trying to reduce their exposure to lawsuits. In other words... chill.

Ball Buster
07-10-2015, 01:54 AM
It's sad to see Whataburger not open any restaurants in southern California.

Spurminator
07-10-2015, 08:46 AM

Yeah... I remember the good ol' days when everyone was packing heat when they went to a fast food restaurant. The firing ranges on the playground. The gun racks next to the coat racks. The free gun with a Kid's Meal. Good conversation over french fries with folks about where you bought your gun, why your gun is special to you, how many guns you have, which gun you're going to buy next, your kid's favorite gun, what kind of gun Jesus probably owned, etc. Those were the days, until the whiny libtards came in and destroyed our gun-soaked fast food paradise.

A Whatachicken without a gun laying next to it is like a cousin without your dick in her.

101A
07-10-2015, 09:59 AM
I have a carry license - had one for years, but anyone upset about Whataburger not wanting OPEN carry in their restaurants is just being that way.

Oh, Gee!!
07-10-2015, 10:34 AM
put it in your pants, and enjoy a burger. words to live by, tbh.

unleashbaynes
07-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Constitutional rights supersede "Whataburger rights". I don't even know what you mean.

Are you really not getting that What a burger has the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason?

boutons_deux
07-10-2015, 10:50 AM
I have a carry license - had one for years, but anyone upset about Whataburger not wanting OPEN carry in their restaurants is just being that way.

ever shot anybody?

ever un-holstered your gun for a perceived threat?

do you carry everywhere? or just when you're going to a dangerous place, like a black church?

unleashbaynes
07-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Yeah... I remember the good ol' days when everyone was packing heat when they went to a fast food restaurant. The firing ranges on the playground. The gun racks next to the coat racks. The free gun with a Kid's Meal. Good conversation over french fries with folks about where you bought your gun, why your gun is special to you, how many guns you have, which gun you're going to buy next, your kid's favorite gun, what kind of gun Jesus probably owned, etc. Those were the days, until the whiny libtards came in and destroyed our gun-soaked fast food paradise.

A Whatachicken without a gun laying next to it is like a cousin without your dick in her.

:lol

Trill Clinton
07-10-2015, 11:16 AM
:lol

DarrinS
07-10-2015, 11:41 AM
You don't need a gun at a Whataburger. Now, Waffle House or IHOP after 2:00 am? Different story.

Trill Clinton
07-10-2015, 12:18 PM
You don't need a gun at a Whataburger. Now, Waffle House or IHOP after 2:00 am? Different story.

yup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ve6MhmeaY

DarrinS
07-10-2015, 12:22 PM
yup

Totally justified

ChumpDumper
07-10-2015, 01:13 PM
You don't need a gun at a Whataburger. Now, Waffle House or IHOP after 2:00 am? Different story.Well there's an IHOP and Whataburger next to each other in north Austin. It's pick your poison at that time.

DarrinS
07-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Well there's an IHOP and Whataburger next to each other in north Austin. It's pick your poison at that time.

Pick the one with the drive thru

Winehole23
01-12-2016, 12:00 PM
unintended consequences?

As January 1 approached, the day Texas’s new open carry law took effect, it seemed gun rights advocates were poised to savor a big victory. The legislation, coupled with a measure allowing guns on college campuses, was the result of a hard fought and widely publicized battle in the state capitol that culminated with Texas becoming the 15th state to allow the open carry of handguns with proper licensing (http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2015/nov/18/marion-hammer/there-are-45-states-allow-open-carry-handguns-form/).

But within just 11 days, the attitudes on display on a popular message board suggest that some Lone Star State open carriers worry that the push to expand their rights may have done more harm than good.

In a post (http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81652&sid=ba8d125248830f863707f6a7efff0f74#p1041163) on TexasCHLForum.com, a popular gun rights website moderated by National Rifle Association board member Charles L. Cotton (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/06/19/an-nra-board-member-blamed-a-murdered-pastor-for-the-deaths-in-charleston-yes-really/), one user reported that the new law has triggered private business owners to not only exercise their right to bar open carry on their premises, but prohibit concealed handguns as well. Any private business in Texas that wishes to bar firearms must display a strictly regulated sign — dubbed “30.07” for openly carried guns, and “30.06” for concealed firearms. Amid the controversy over open carry, this gun owner was noticing more of both varieties.

“Got an email from work telling us that not only are 30.07 signs going up over the weekend on our office building but 30.06 as well. What makes this even more frustrating is I have yet to see a single open carry,” wrote a user with the handle LTUME1978, before predicting in a subsequent comment (http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81652&sid=ba8d125248830f863707f6a7efff0f74#p1041195) that, at least in Houston, “Once the signs are up, they are not ever going to come down.”

http://www.thetrace.org/2016/01/open-carry-texas-chl-forum/

boutons_deux
01-12-2016, 12:13 PM
"a strictly regulated sign"

Texian secessionist states rights Repugs LOVE regulations. :lol

rmt
01-12-2016, 01:20 PM

Is their burger that good? I was in SA last summer and was gonna try, but dd wanted Mexican food.

Private business should be allowed to restrict open carry or anything - just like people can choose to eat elsewhere if they don't like that policy.

baseline bum
01-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Is their burger that good? I was in SA last summer and was gonna try, but dd wanted Mexican food.

Private business should be allowed to restrict open carry or anything - just like people can choose to eat elsewhere if they don't like that policy.

Whataburger is overrated as fuck. In N Out is way better.

101A
01-12-2016, 03:43 PM
ever shot anybody?

ever un-holstered your gun for a perceived threat?

do you carry everywhere? or just when you're going to a dangerous place, like a black church?

I missed this when it was posted.

No. No. I've never actually carried anywhere; just have the permit (all it takes in PA is to go to the courthouse, sign a piece of paper & pay $20).

Not sure what I've done for you to hurl the racist implication my way. But whatever.

FromWayDowntown
01-12-2016, 04:32 PM
n/m

pgardn
01-12-2016, 06:11 PM
I have yet to see anyone carrying openly other than cops, security.

Anyone notice an up tick?

pgardn
01-12-2016, 06:18 PM
yup

Run back in, get shot, run out wounded as your "friends" casually walk out.
Drive away, wreck, and die.
Just another waffle morning.

DMX7
01-12-2016, 11:24 PM

There are certainly better but it's quite good and quite addicting.

DMX7
01-12-2016, 11:28 PM
I haven't seen anyone open carry anywhere yet but I don't hang out (at least not for long) in the type of places where you would expect people to.