PDA

View Full Version : Ship of Fools

The Ressurrected One
09-12-2005, 07:47 PM
As we've heard ad nauseam the past couple of weeks, the Katrina disaster raises serious questions about race in America. Just how serious became clear Saturday afternoon, when Fox News Channel's Alicia Acuna conducted a live interview with a frustrated, foul-mouthed New Orleans evacuee in Houston.

Acuna: [There's] a lot of frustration, and a lot of it stems from the confusion over what a lot of the evacuees have been told is going to happen with regard to their federal assistance coming in. And I have a gentleman standing here with me who helps illustrate that picture. He has chosen not to give his name, he is from New Orleans, and he only says he is for the people.

So if you can explain to me, what has happened with your debit card? You're having a lot of problems, right?

Man: Well, for one thing, you know, they're not activating. You know, they're giving us these cards, and they're not activating these cards, and they're giving us a runaround. Then when we call, you know, for the, you know, to find out if the card is activated, they're giving us the runaround. And they send us back to Red Cross, and we go to Red Cross--nobody knows anything, you know.

I mean, c'mon now, f---, you know, excuse my French, you know, but anyway, you know, we're out here, we're stranded, you know, we don't have any goddamn thing, nobody's not [sic] trying to help us. FEMA is a fake and a fraud. Red Cross is a fake and a fraud, you know. Where do we go from here? I mean, who should we depend on? If we can't depend on our own federal government, who can we depend on?

Acuna: The FEMA cards were supposed to be $2,000 apiece--

Man: Two thousand dollars.

Acuna: --and you received a FEMA card?

Man: I only received $700. Seven hundred dollars, and they cut my card off.

Acuna: And when you asked them why that was, what were you told?

Man: They don't know. Nobody knows.

Acuna: OK, thank you very much.

Man: Do you know?

Acuna: I do not know, no.

Man: Well, find out for me, and you tell me.

Acuna: OK, thank you. And actually, Bob [Sellers, the anchorman], one thing I can tell you--we talk about this confusion, and there are quite a few reporters who have been kind of confused during those news conferences. And we actually have direct access to a lot of these officials. And FEMA, in all fairness, has said there are going to be glitches. They understand that there are problems. They have said that everyone is going to get assistance that qualifies; however, they're still working it out. They keep reiterating to us that this is a work in progress. Back to you.

Sellers: Alicia, is that gentleman still there by any chance?

Acuna: He is still here.

Sellers: Could you ask him what he wants? What is he looking for?

Acuna: Sure, hold on one second.

The anchor in New York would like to know--his name is Bob--he would like to know what it is that you would like to happen. What do you want?

Man: What I would like to happen? I would like for them to give us at least $20,000 apiece so we can, you know, get our life together. You know, we didn't ask to come on that bus, slave. It's like a slave ship. It's just like, you know, back in history, you know, they put us on a slave ship. They separated us from our family. They did it--you know, just modern-day slavery, you know? Just give us what the f--- we deserve.

Sellers: Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Whoa! Hold on! Hold on! That's, that's, that's enough. I mean, you've made your point, sir. We thank you very much for being with us. But Alicia--

Man: It's like a slave ship.

Sellers: --we know there's frustration there, and a lot of these folks have gone through so much, and we don't want to, you know, minimize or trivialize that. But we still have certain responsibility here in terms of what we're doing as far as broadcasting.
The Fox people seem to have missed the first obscenity, which the man uttered under his breath. Anyway, a picture is worth a thousand words, even when two of them are the F-word, so take a look at this:

http://opinionjournal.com/best/091205slaveship.jpg

Looks just like a slave ship, doesn't it? Well, except that on a slave ship, he probably wouldn't have his arm around a white woman.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 07:51 PM
So, you have a problem with that?

The Ressurrected One
09-12-2005, 07:55 PM
So, you have a problem with that?
Yeah, I think he exaggerated just a bit. And, c'mon, $20,000?

Hook Dem
09-12-2005, 08:01 PM
I caught the $20,000 part also. $2,000 is quite a bit when you have "nothing" as he puts it. What was it?...."give 'em a fish and they eat today"...."TEACH THEM TO FISH AND THEY EAT TOMORROW?.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Yeah, getting a bit uppity is he?

So what?

And he'll probably end up getting alot more than $20k after all is said and done.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:04 PM
TEACH THEM TO FISH AND THEY EAT TOMORROW?You're sure making alot of assumptions about this guy, like he had no job or possessions before this.

The Ressurrected One
09-12-2005, 08:04 PM

So what?

And he'll probably end up getting alot more than $20k after all is said and done.
Nevermind. The guy's a racist.

Uppity? What do you mean?

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Uppity? What do you mean?exactly.

The Ressurrected One
09-12-2005, 08:07 PM
exactly.
The guy is using his race to attack those who saved his bacon. And, in addition, he's trying to extort 20 grand in the process.

He's a crook.

Hook Dem
09-12-2005, 08:09 PM
You're sure making alot of assumptions about this guy, like he had no job or possessions before this.
Not making any assumptions at all Chump! If he expects $20,000 on a debit card, he's dreaming. If he has other claims, fill out the paperwork and submit it. Thats the way it works. I know from experience. I lost my house in Corpus when Celia hit in 1970. I got a SBA loan but I had to submit the paperwork. They don't just hand out the money.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:10 PM
You guys really have to sleep with anger don't you?

smeagol
09-12-2005, 08:11 PM
The guy is using his race to attack those who saved his bacon. And, in addition, he's trying to extort 20 grand in the process.

He's a crook.
:rolleyes

hussker
I caught the $20,000 part also. $2,000 is quite a bit when you have "nothing" as he puts it. What was it?...."give 'em a fish and they eat today"...."TEACH THEM TO FISH AND THEY EAT TOMORROW?.

you can buy a mean rod and reel and some sweet bait for 2K! You can even fish off of your ship! (Tongue buried into cheek)

The Ressurrected One
You guys really have to sleep with anger don't you?
I'm not angry. Just tired of the race-baiters trying to get something for nothing.

ChumpDumper
Not making any assumptions at all Chump! If he expects $20,000 on a debit card, he's dreaming. If he has other claims, fill out the paperwork and submit it. Thats the way it works. I know from experience. I lost my house in Corpus when Celia hit in 1970. I got a SBA loan but I had to submit the paperwork. They don't just hand out the money.So, show a man how to fill out a form and he'll get fish.

Understood.

Vashner
09-12-2005, 08:12 PM
If you own property you can file for a lot more money. Also if you have kids.. but if you can work.. you better look for a job eventually.

hussker
I'm not angry. Just tired of the race-baiters trying to get something for nothing.

SEE..More BAIT!

The Ressurrected One
So, show a man how to fill out a form and he'll get fish.

Understood.
Yeah. Glad you got it...

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:14 PM
something for nothing.Yeah, fucker didn't lose anything. Had all his white women drive his Cadillacs out off town.

He's rich -- no poor black man could get a white woman....

Hook Dem

Understood.
you can never discuss anything without getting all smart assed about it. I'm just telling you I know from experience . Yours is just an opinion unless you have a story to tell.

hussker

Understood.

Give a man a 2K debit card and feed his family for a month (plus the other sundry expenses). Show a man how to fill out an employment application and feed his family for a lifetime...

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah. Glad you got it...Big fucking deal, it's not like he's going to get something without filling out a form.

Sleep well.

hussker
09-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Yeah, fucker didn't lose anything. Had all his white women drive his Cadillacs out off town.

He's rich -- no poor black man could get a white woman....

All the profanity, my my my. Please invest in a Thesaurus to plug up the GIGs (Gaps in Gray)

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Show a man how to fill out an employment application and feed his family for a lifetime...Again, you assume he had no job before.
I'm just telling you I know from experience.This guy is going to find out he needs to fill out a form.

Again, what's the big deal?

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Please invest in a Thesaurus to plug up the GIGs (Gaps in Gray)Fuck that.

hussker
09-12-2005, 08:17 PM
No assumption made, just a blanket statement. It was directed at no one.

hussker
09-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Fuck that.

NICE! I appreciate the intellect! Keep it coming!

Hook Dem
Again, you assume he had no job before.This guy is going to find out he needs to fill out a form.

Again, what's the big deal?
Now that you acknowlege that.....NONE!

ChumpDumper
No assumption made, just a blanket statement. It was directed at no one.And therefore irrelevant.

Nice backtrack.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Now that you acknowlege that.....NONE!There was nothing to acknowledge, was anyone rooting for the 20k debit card?

hussker
09-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Great cut and paste. How come people only cut out parts and do not look at quotes in the WHOLE? Probably because you could not argue the salient points with your...shall I say again. RHETORIC?

Hook Dem
09-12-2005, 08:20 PM
There was nothing to acknowledge, was anyone rooting for the 20k debit card?
No "big deal" according to you!

hussker
09-12-2005, 08:21 PM
rooting for the 20k debit card

WOW, I can cut and paste and alter text too! I am glad you root for the CARD CD!

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Great cut and paste. How come people only cut out parts and do not look at quotes in the WHOLE? Probably because you could not argue the salient points with your...shall I say again. RHETORIC?What was your point then?

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:22 PM
No "big deal" according to you!It is to you?

Sleep well.

Vashner
09-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Most of the survivors are happy for the aid they have gotten so far... People are trying to help... this thread is just another armchair quarterback. I don't see it helping anything.

Who's joining the coast guard? Who here is going to dedicated there life to civil service at lower pay to help others?

Hook Dem
09-12-2005, 08:24 PM
It is to you?

Sleep well.
Why do you care if I sleep well or not?

ChumpDumper
Most of the survivors are happy for the aid they have gotten so far... People are trying to help... this thread is just another armchair quarterback. I don't see it helping anything.

Who's joining the coast guard? Who here is going to dedicated there life to civil service at lower pay to help others?hussker calls RHETORIC!

hussker
It is well.

Nice quote, huh?

See, we can all take ANYTHING OUT OF CONTEXT and make it fit our own agendas. And yes, it is all well. In the words of the Old Gospel hymn..."It is Well With My Soul!"

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Nice quote, huh?

See, we can all take ANYTHING OUT OF CONTEXT and make it fit our own agendas. And yes, it is all well. In the words of the Old Gospel hymn..."It is Well With My Soul!"Scroll up, pixie. You got your context back.

Still irrelevant.

hussker
09-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Scroll up, pixie. You got your context back.

Still irrelevant.

Nothing about this is irrelevant. If you quote, post the whole quote and respond. That is the point. Anything less is faulty.

Good evening young one, I have more important fish to fry, but I thank you for your entertainment for yet another evening.

Have a great evening tonight and a better day tomorrow!

Hussker

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Nothing about this is irrelevant.You said it was directed at no one. That is the point.
If you quote, post the whole quote and respond. Anything less is faulty.Scroll up, pixie. The context didn't change a thing.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2005, 08:42 PM
$2,000 is quite a bit when you have "nothing" as he puts it.Almost missed that one in all the platitudes.

He didn't get $2,000.

He was told he would get $2,000, then got cut off after $700, then wasn't told why or whether anything else was forthcoming.

RIF.

Clandestino
09-12-2005, 09:16 PM

So what?

:lmao too fucking funny chump! i am fucking rolling over here!