PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: mavs have 2 choices

m>s
07-08-2015, 11:07 PM
1) renegotiate dirk's contract and give him more money

2) trade him to a contender

dude's done too much for the organization to have to close out his career like this. the guy should realistically have several more rings but it took cuban until the last years of his prime to figure out that the way to build around a guy like dirk is to put a competent defensive center next to him instead of chasing pg's (the most unimportant position in today's nba).

cuban doesn't get a pass with me. we haven't had a good draft pick since devin and josh and those were done by nellie senior. nellie senior is the guy who traded for dirk. what the fuck has cuban done other than look like a giant clown chasing these big free agent names and coming up empty? you build a team like the spurs, through the draft and adding role players who fit the system. we've finally reached the end of the road for the dirk era and he's gonna learn one way or the other.

Killakobe81
07-08-2015, 11:09 PM
1) renegotiate dirk's contract and give him more money

2) trade him to a contender

dude's done too much for the organization to have to close out his career like this. the guy should realistically have several more rings but it took cuban until the last years of his prime to figure out that the way to build around a guy like dirk is to put a competent defensive center next to him instead of chasing pg's (the most unimportant position in today's nba).

cuban doesn't get a pass with me. we haven't had a good draft pick since devin and josh and those were done by nellie senior. nellie senior is the guy who traded for dirk. what the fuck has cuban done other than look like a giant clown chasing these big free agent names and coming up empty? you build a team like the spurs, through the draft and adding role players who fit the system. we've finally reached the end of the road for the dirk era and he's gonna learn one way or the other.

Speak the truth ... I have been saying the same. I dont get how he gets a pass in DFW but Jerry Jones gets shitted on ...

whitemamba
07-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Kobe is laughing somewhere.

Mitch
07-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Give dirk a 2yr 48.5m contract

07-08-2015, 11:11 PM

:lol

TMacsOneGoodEye
07-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Trade Dirk to Cleveland tbh................

m>s
07-08-2015, 11:12 PM
i can understand taking a paycut like jim to win more rings. i can't understand taking a paycut to suck ass and play for lottery picks that cuban will only waste anyway. they should have held off and this shit been contingent on what happens during the offseason.

TMacsOneGoodEye
OKC

Ibaka
Dirk
Durant
whogivesadamn
Westbrook

Holden_Caulfield
sell the team, tbh

TMacsOneGoodEye
Memphis

Gasol
Randolph/Dirk

Technique
07-08-2015, 11:13 PM
Trade Dirk for Baynes & Dirk will end his career in glory

TMacsOneGoodEye
07-08-2015, 11:13 PM
Golden State

Bogut
Dirk
Jeffrey Barnes
Splash bros

Mark Celibate
07-08-2015, 11:15 PM
Trade Dirk to Spurs so he can get a few more rings before retiring. Don't know how you can renegotiate a contract, not sure if it is impossible under the new CBA.

m>s
07-08-2015, 11:16 PM
sell the team, tbh
i really wish he would. dude thinks he's a know it all and everyone here gives him a pass but in reality he's a fucking idiot. trading away all of our picks year after year was idiotic, prioritizing pg's over big men for the first 10 years of dirk's career every offseason was idiotic, throwing away picks because "if we're going to draft, we're going to go big and pick someone who could be the next shaq!" is idiotic, blowing up the championship squad was idiotic, thinking we were going to get that big name FA acquisition after getting shit on the first 10 times was idiotic.

i get tired of this smug fucker always thinking he's got it all figured out. i watched an interview with him talking about investing and the markets sounding like a total retard, going against the very laws of finance saying stupid shit like "diversification is bullshit." this guy is so fucking stupid he pisses me off. i remember when he thought it was a good idea to call out the officiating year after year and get fined and piss the league off. this cocksucker should sell the damn team ASAP so we can move forward.

Mark Celibate
07-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Trade Dirk for Baynes & Dirk will end his career in glory
I think Baynes has already agreed to a deal somewhere else, and Baynes ain't no bitch made n!gger like DeMonkey.

Walter Donovan
07-08-2015, 11:18 PM
The league isn't as fun when the macs aren't even competitive tbh

Thread
07-08-2015, 11:18 PM
What the fuck is wrong with you, >?

Now, NOW, now you fail Cuban. Now?

Now is not the time to talk money with Dirk. Not now. And don't even mention trading him.

Now is the time to marshal your forces back up against a wall and get to work. Jordan was no panacea. You have the money,,,consult a planner and come up with a plan, give it to Carlisle and he will execute it. There is no fire. None. You have till October when training camp opens.

And no more talk about tanking, none.

Don't look back. Just go forward until you're stopped. And no more talk. Just work.

Walter Donovan
07-08-2015, 11:19 PM

Now is not the time to talk money with Dirk. Not now. And don't even mention trading him.

Now is the time to marshal your forces back up against a wall and get to work. Jordan was no panacea. You have the money,,,consult a planner and come up with a plan, give it to Carlisle and he will execute it. There is no fire. None. You have till October when training camp opens.

Don't look back. Just go forward until you're stopped. And no more talk. Just work.

m>s
07-08-2015, 11:20 PM

uhhhhh yeah we have a lot of money alright, but to sign who?????????? we going to sign fucking kanter and go to the ship or some shit? back on planet reality the season (and probably the next 10) is lost, nothing to do but tank for the next dirk.

ElNono
07-08-2015, 11:21 PM
Would be funny if they waive Dirk and he ends up signing with the Clippers...

m>s
07-08-2015, 11:23 PM
Would be funny if they waive Dirk and he ends up signing with the Clippers... fuck that shit, he should sign with the spurs and knock those LA homosexuals out of the playoffs.

spursistan
07-08-2015, 11:24 PM
Cuban handling of post-2011 has been disastrous.Should have kept Chandler and would have likely contended in 2012/13..Now Dirk has fallen a cliff and nothing short of couple in-their-primes stars will vault them back there..The Spurs nurtured one through a draft trade (Kawhi), nabbed another in FA (LMA) and Timmy successfully fighting off terminal decline..For Dallas, it is not happening and they should probably change course instead of this juggling act..

Walter Donovan
07-08-2015, 11:25 PM
fuck that shit, he should sign with the spurs and knock those LA homosexuals out of the playoffs.

Dirk would sure be one heck of a Bonner replacement.

Thread
07-08-2015, 11:26 PM
uhhhhh yeah we have a lot of money alright, but to sign who?????????? we going to sign fucking kanter and go to the ship or some shit? back on planet reality the season (and probably the next 10) is lost, nothing to do but tank for the next dirk.

Tanking ain't gonna salve your wounds-nor-solve your dilemma. You're hurt. Ain't nothing wrong with a good cry then to work. Nobody can stop you from working, >. They can take Jordan, but, they have to leave the money and they can't stop you from working. You'd be blessed to pry Kanter outta there. If not him, come up with something else. Nobody has a chain on ya.

- "Make good fight."

- "Mr. Miyagi" - "The Karate Kid"

m>s
07-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Tanking ain't gonna salve your wounds-nor-solve your dilemma. You're hurt. Ain't nothing wrong with a good cry then to work. Nobody can stop you from working, >. They can take Jordan, but, they have to leave the money and they can't stop you from working. You'd be blessed to pry Kanter outta there. If not him, come up with something else. Nobody has a chain on ya.

- "Make good fight."

- "Mr. Miyagi" - "The Karate Kid"

devin/mathews/parsons/dirk/kanter is probably a 38 win team. they can take purposely or try their best but the result will be the same. there's no fighting the inevitable, it's part of the process. it's like a business cycle, up down up down.

HI-FI
07-08-2015, 11:28 PM

Spurs9
07-08-2015, 11:30 PM
I honestly have never been a Mavs fan but it was a total dick move for DJ and actually feel bad for the Mavs fans. I can't imagine how I'd feel if LMA after being so pumped we were getting him pulled that.

Killakobe81
07-08-2015, 11:31 PM
i really wish he would. dude thinks he's a know it all and everyone here gives him a pass but in reality he's a fucking idiot. trading away all of our picks year after year was idiotic, prioritizing pg's over big men for the first 10 years of dirk's career every offseason was idiotic, throwing away picks because "if we're going to draft, we're going to go big and pick someone who could be the next shaq!" is idiotic, blowing up the championship squad was idiotic, thinking we were going to get that big name FA acquisition after getting shit on the first 10 times was idiotic.

i get tired of this smug fucker always thinking he's got it all figured out. i watched an interview with him talking about investing and the markets sounding like a total retard, going against the very laws of finance saying stupid shit like "diversification is bullshit." this guy is so fucking stupid he pisses me off. i remember when he thought it was a good idea to call out the officiating year after year and get fined and piss the league off. this cocksucker should sell the damn team ASAP so we can move forward.

If he prioritized PG's why he let Nash walk?
Cubes has his good points he just needs to learn from this.
He is rich, he cares, he is willing to spend.
hired a great coach.
Respects analytics.

But you are right he done fucked up big time. Now the question is can he humble himself and fix it?

Walter Donovan
07-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Holy crap. Was anybody here watching sports center just now?!

spursistan
07-08-2015, 11:32 PM
?
devin/mathews/parsons/dirk/kanter is probably a 38 win team. they can take purposely or try their best but the result will be the same.

And that's assuming Wes/Parsons have fully recovered from their surgeries..Really Mavs have an injury-riddled-cum-tanking season in store..just been delaying the inevitable for couple of years now..

Spurs9
07-08-2015, 11:33 PM
Holy crap. Was anybody here watching sports center just now?!

Yes and?

Thread
07-08-2015, 11:34 PM
devin/mathews/parsons/dirk/kanter is probably a 38 win team. they can take purposely or try their best but the result will be the same.

Switch out Jordan & Kanter and you're telling me it's markedly different, UP or DOWN?

You're hurting. The worse thing you can do at this moment is to panic and compound your troubles. Cuban knows this without being told. He's a business man, a successful one. He'll knows to step away and receive consult from outside the organization, people he knows & trusts implicitly before he acts. You cannot hurry now. You have to slow it down. You cannot fix it in the 12 hours it took to shatter it.

And now is not the time to lay blame for not defending that title. (We) can do that, but, it's pussy and chickenshit for you to.

m>s
07-08-2015, 11:36 PM
He's a business man, a successful one.

and that's the problem, it's inflated his ego. just like jerry, neither one know shit about sports but think that they do because of their other successes. they make dumb decisions and no one can tell them shit. because they know it all.

spurraider21
07-08-2015, 11:37 PM
you can't renegotiate contracts in the NBA... this comes up quite a bit here

Thread
07-08-2015, 11:38 PM
I honestly have never been a Mavs fan but it was a total dick move for DJ and actually feel bad for the Mavs fans. I can't imagine how I'd feel if LMA after being so pumped we were getting him pulled that.

Yep, it's a sad nite. I hate to see Mav's Fan suffer like this. It's a gd living nightmare for them.

Drachen
07-08-2015, 11:39 PM
fuck that shit, he should sign with the spurs and knock those LA homosexuals out of the playoffs.

We won one for Finley, why not Dirk too

Mark Celibate
07-08-2015, 11:39 PM
Can't say Cuban always picked PG's over bigs tbh. He indeed picked a big over a PG in 2004 imho, letting Steve Nash walk while giving Erick Dampier a lucrative contract.

Mugen
07-08-2015, 11:40 PM
MavFan advocating Dirk to the Spurs, what an age we live in....

Thread
07-08-2015, 11:45 PM
and that's the problem, it's inflated his ego. just like jerry, neither one know shit about sports but think that they do because of their other successes. they make dumb decisions and no one can tell them shit. because they know it all.

Like all the decisions he made that helped you destroy us and ring? You guys devoutly believe you have 2, that you were cheated out of that first one. That's 2 in your heart of hearts. Christ, he walked away from that calamity, never laid down, started right back in.

Of course he's egomaniacal. He outsmarted Phil Jackson in '11. Took him right down the primrose. You think that was Carlisle? Carlisle pulled the trigger, but, it was Cuban who sighted the rifle and hand it to him, loaded.

It was the Cubes who dismantled our monopoly brick by brick. I can't even fathom the fearlessness and drive that took.

You're wrong, >. You're just hurtin'. Get some rest and in the morning you'll feel better.

100%duncan
07-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Dirk to the Spurs and I'd bathe in my own cum

Mark Celibate
07-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Kanter is underrated imho, give this guy a try and you'll be finely rewarded tbh.

Thread
07-08-2015, 11:50 PM
Kanter is underrated imho, give this guy a try and you'll be finely rewarded tbh.

Exactly. Carlisle will extract everything he has in him.

Thread
07-08-2015, 11:51 PM
Dirk to the Spurs and I'd bathe in my own cum

%, he can barely move. It'd be pitiful, like Willie Mays for the Mets.

100%duncan
07-08-2015, 11:55 PM
I know but a back up for LMA? Gdamn that's Christmas everyday. Plus Dirk is my favorite non-spur.

07-09-2015, 07:10 AM
Switch out Jordan & Kanter and you're telling me it's markedly different, UP or DOWN?

You're hurting. The worse thing you can do at this moment is to panic and compound your troubles. Cuban knows this without being told. He's a business man, a successful one. He'll knows to step away and receive consult from outside the organization, people he knows & trusts implicitly before he acts. You cannot hurry now. You have to slow it down. You cannot fix it in the 12 hours it took to shatter it.

And now is not the time to lay blame for not defending that title. (We) can do that, but, it's pussy and chickenshit for you to.

Yep, it's a sad nite. I hate to see Mav's Fan suffer like this. It's a gd living nightmare for them.

Like all the decisions he made that helped you destroy us and ring? You guys devoutly believe you have 2, that you were cheated out of that first one. That's 2 in your heart of hearts. Christ, he walked away from that calamity, never laid down, started right back in.

Of course he's egomaniacal. He outsmarted Phil Jackson in '11. Took him right down the primrose. You think that was Carlisle? Carlisle pulled the trigger, but, it was Cuban who sighted the rifle and hand it to him, loaded.

It was the Cubes who dismantled our monopoly brick by brick. I can't even fathom the fearlessness and drive that took.

You're wrong, >. You're just hurtin'. Get some rest and in the morning you'll feel better.

Thread

hater
07-09-2015, 07:17 AM
Lol sell the team.

Calm down. My mac brothers. It looks worse than it is. You were not going anywhere with DJ. You actually dodged a bullet. He was probably going to be Dwight in LA v2.0.

You can get a few pieces and have a similar season without the drama.

We will avenge you.

FkLA
07-09-2015, 07:34 AM
Irk ain't worth much more than what he's getting paid now, it's not like Timmy who's still All-NBA. Plus he probably has a nice, cushy job within the Mavs organization waiting for him when he retires tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2015, 07:34 AM
how much money does mavs have to play with?

why not build a team of the best euros currently in europe?

jump the gun first cause in 2 years to when the cap jumps to 100m, i could actually see alot of the best euros making the jump to the nba due to more money offered

Mark Celibate
07-09-2015, 07:43 AM
how much money does mavs have to play with?

jump the gun first cause in 2 years to when the cap jumps to 100m, i could actually see alot of the best euros making the jump to the nba due to more money offered
Excellent idea bro, it'd be best if we could assemble an all-white squad (just don't trust them monkeys anymore tbh) and it's true that there're a lot of NBA-caliber players in Europe. I'm not sure if we can sign them straightly from Europe though, without draft.

AlexJones
07-09-2015, 07:44 AM

IMO, get low-stock guys from Europe, sell high, stock up on top 5 draft picks.

AlexJones
07-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Excellent idea bro, it'd be best if we could assemble an all-white squad (just don't trust them monkeys anymore tbh) and it's true that there're a lot of NBA-caliber players in Europe. I'm not sure if we can sign them straightly from Europe though, without draft.

Shit, Cuban should go mad scientist and experiment the fuck out of this situation by bringing in pure euros. Sounds fucking exciting imo

The whitest team of all time. No defense, just straight up run and gun. Launch 40 3-pointers a night.

hater
07-09-2015, 07:54 AM
If the mavs could get the Alba Berlin dudes they'd own the spurs imo

Brazil
07-09-2015, 08:45 AM
OP is right... situation is pretty fucked up for Dirk

Dude is ending his career in a shitty team and in a shitty context tbh

Not :cry for him he has had a solid paycheck during his whole career but bb wise it sucks to end like that

Killakobe81
07-09-2015, 08:49 AM
OP is right... situation is pretty fucked up for Dirk

Dude is ending his career in a shitty team and in a shitty context tbh

Not :cry for him he has had a solid paycheck during his whole career but bb wise it sucks to end like that

sure he has money but promises were made to Dirk when he took less than market value. Sure he is not as good as he was when he took less but that is why it sucks that these stars must take less when no honor shits like Deandre get max deals. Im sure Cubes will always do right by him but Dirk deserves better. at least Kobe has another $24 million to suffer the rebuild ...

Brazil
07-09-2015, 08:57 AM
sure he has money but promises were made to Dirk when he took less than market value. Sure he is not as good as he was when he took less but that is why it sucks that these stars must take less when no honor shits like Deandre get max deals. Im sure Cubes will always do right by him but Dirk deserves better. at least Kobe has another $24 million to suffer the rebuild ...

plus Kobe is the biggest reason why Lakers franchise is in such mess

Shank
07-09-2015, 08:59 AM
Fuck it all. Burn things.

baseline bum
07-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Or culburn carrying water for Jimmy and Chaz

Killakobe81
07-09-2015, 09:13 AM
plus Kobe is the biggest reason why Lakers franchise is in such mess

That's dumb the decline started before the extension when the Mavs buried us ...Kobe's contract was just a by-product of a aging core and bad FO gambles.

Brazil
07-09-2015, 10:08 AM
That's dumb the decline started before the extension when the Mavs buried us ...Kobe's contract was just a by-product of a aging core and bad FO gambles.

the decline started when kobe started to shoot 20 FGAs at a .30 clip and his ego pushed him to chase useless records all around rather than just winning. He, then, processed to kill Dwight, any FA opportunities and Lakers cap space. He is the biggest reason of the mess not the only reason but the biggest

Killakobe81
07-09-2015, 10:20 AM
the decline started when kobe started to shoot 20 FGAs at a .30 clip and his ego pushed him to chase useless records all around rather than just winning. He, then, processed to kill Dwight, any FA opportunities and Lakers cap space. He is the biggest reason of the mess not the only reason but the biggest

Like I said the decline started before that. You dont know about my team more than I do so while I Respect your right to your opinion it's lazy and convienient analysis but I dont care enough to refute you here if that is what you believe you are wrong.

For me, in the end it doesnt matter I just need the shit fixed. Finger pointing helps nothing but I get why you hate Kobe ...I also dont liek the blame Jim Buss anagle either it's lazy.

Thread
07-09-2015, 10:24 AM

Infinite_limit
07-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Cuban won't trade him. In a way he is a parasite to Dirk's legacy

jag
07-09-2015, 10:31 AM
I can't believe Dirk took less than $8M last year...all for this to happen.

I'd say the majority of Spurs fans like and definitely respect Dirk. Tough to see him go out like this.

Thread
07-09-2015, 10:33 AM

You, being a Spurs Fan always with hindsight. That's easy, that's chickenshit.

m>s
07-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Fuck it all. Burn things.
RARE POSTER
A
R
E

P
O
S
T
E
R

cantthinkofanything
07-09-2015, 10:38 AM

I'd say the majority of Spurs fans like and definitely respect Dirk. Tough to see him go out like this.

I think this is true. Although the discrepancy in rings between the 2 teams makes it easier. If the Mavs had 5 and the Spurs 1, I don't think I would feel the same tbh.

m>s
07-09-2015, 10:40 AM
I think this is true. Although the discrepancy in rings between the 2 teams makes it easier. If the Mavs had 5 and the Spurs 1, I don't think I would feel the same tbh.
What the duck did you do to get pinked? Just because you became red pilled id bet.

Koolaid_Man
07-09-2015, 10:41 AM

Wait till you see what happens to the Spurs (Tammy and West) as an encore :lol

cantthinkofanything
07-09-2015, 10:52 AM
What the duck did you do to get pinked? Just because you became red pilled id bet.

It's just the new world order subduing a threat.

Under the guise of being due to my welcome thread to LMA.

I guess. No one ever told me but that was the last thread I made.

cantthinkofanything
07-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Wait till you see what happens to the Spurs (Tammy and West) as an encore :lol

and what are you going to do? have a buttlicking fiesta with your gay homeboys?

Thread
07-09-2015, 10:54 AM

No, he'll want to "borrow" $50 in celebration. I'll be so fuckin' happy, I'll "loan" him $100.

Koolaid_Man
07-09-2015, 11:01 AM

Aww look can'tstartathreadforanything :lol

cantthinkofanything
07-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Aww look can'tstartathreadforanything :lol

I won't be silenced or sent to the back of the bus. I'm the Rosa Parks of Spurstalk.

Brazil
07-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Like I said the decline started before that. You dont know about my team more than I do so while I Respect your right to your opinion it's lazy and convienient analysis but I dont care enough to refute you here if that is what you believe you are wrong.

For me, in the end it doesnt matter I just need the shit fixed. Finger pointing helps nothing but I get why you hate Kobe ...I also dont liek the blame Jim Buss anagle either it's lazy.

even if decline started before, the fact decline has been fast and furious is on kobe's shoulders... not sure what do you try to spin. He is not the sole accountable but he has the biggest piece of the shit cake.

no need to a Laker fan to see the obvious

Killakobe81
07-09-2015, 12:12 PM
even if decline started before, the fact decline has been fast and furious is on kobe's shoulders... not sure what do you try to spin. He is not the sole accountable but he has the biggest piece of the shit cake.

no need to a Laker fan to see the obvious

Im already done Brazil there is no point. We disagree. It happens. Again you should be focused on trying to squeeze a few more with Tim and I just want to see my young stars grow. We are in different places so not sure why my team is at the bottom matters so much if it helps you in some way feell better ... you won ...because I really dont care to argue why you are wrong.

Brazil
07-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Im already done Brazil there is no point. We disagree. It happens. Again you should be focused on trying to squeeze a few more with Tim and I just want to see my young stars grow. We are in different places so not sure why my team is at the bottom matters so much if it helps you in some way feell better ... you won ...because I really dont care to argue why you are wrong.

capitulation duly noted

Tim at 5 M Kobe at 24,5 M and you still wonder why Lakers are declining :lol

knowing and discussing about Lakers situation is a ST favorite tbh

I'm on the Lakers are important for the NBA bandwagon but atm I'm just enjoying the Kobe titanic soap opera

Thread
07-09-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm on the Lakers are important for the NBA bandwagon

Only pussies & assholes lodge in that bandwagon.

Killakobe81
07-09-2015, 01:11 PM
capitulation duly noted

Tim at 5 M Kobe at 24,5 M and you still wonder why Lakers are declining :lol

knowing and discussing about Lakers situation is a ST favorite tbh

I'm on the Lakers are important for the NBA bandwagon but atm I'm just enjoying the Kobe titanic soap opera

Congrats?

BU MP
07-09-2015, 01:47 PM

tbh the decline started in the 2010 series vs New Orleans when Pau Gasol was getting pushed around by this guy

http://www.turbodaddy.net/badschotz/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/aaron-gray.jpg

after that it was a foregone conclusion that the next series vs Dirk wasn’t going to be pretty.If Pau didn’t have a stinker that postseason, they probably could’ve had a three peat and wouldn’t have released Odom. Things started to unravel from there. The Kobe contract happened after the ship started sinking.

BU MP
07-09-2015, 01:49 PM
RARE POSTER
A
R
E

P
O
S
T
E
R

nice quads, anon

Brazil
07-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Only pussies & assholes lodge in that bandwagon.

really thread ?

just like that out of nowhere you come and try to push my shit ?

Brazil
07-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Congrats?

Thread
07-09-2015, 02:03 PM
really thread ?

just like that out of nowhere you come and try to push my shit ?

Sorry, Bra. That was uncalled for. My apologies.

Brazil
07-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Sorry, Bra. That was uncalled for. My apologies.

:tu

appreciated

m>s
07-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Sorry, Bra.
LOL :lmao that's funny for some reason, unexpected

Spur-Addict
07-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Bulls/Heat/Hawks. Spurs in the West although it makes no sense :cry

Thread
07-09-2015, 02:27 PM
They're having a great discussion on 98.7 ESPN affiliate in Phoenix about this Jordan/Cuban thing. Brought up two points:::the 2nd the most fascinating. Cuban could have immediately refused to sign Matthew's contract and go into tank mode.

The first? That teams could (have?) send out FA's to double cross teams that agree to sign them after the moratorium, then renege at the last moment and go back home, crippling the opposition.

Good stuff.

Killakobe81
07-09-2015, 03:43 PM
tbh the decline started in the 2010 series vs New Orleans when Pau Gasol was getting pushed around by this guy

http://www.turbodaddy.net/badschotz/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/aaron-gray.jpg

after that it was a foregone conclusion that the next series vs Dirk wasn’t going to be pretty.If Pau didn’t have a stinker that postseason, they probably could’ve had a three peat and wouldn’t have released Odom. Things started to unravel from there. The Kobe contract happened after the ship started sinking.

This is way more accurate. But thanks for taking the time to educate Brazil I didnt feel like wasting my time. We were on our way down and yall kicked us down the ffin' stairs. I think Spurs fan is a bit bitter they didnt do it themselves first ...same with beating the Heat.

Mavs. Those were better times for us both.

Killakobe81
07-09-2015, 03:44 PM
They're having a great discussion on 98.7 ESPN affiliate in Phoenix about this Jordan/Cuban thing. Brought up two points:::the 2nd the most fascinating. Cuban could have immediately refused to sign Matthew's contract and go into tank mode.

The first? That teams could (have?) send out FA's to double cross teams that agree to sign them after the moratorium, then renege at the last moment and go back home, crippling the opposition.

Good stuff.

I have heard that elsewhere. It really can open a can of worms so Silver needs to fix this shit ...

Leetonidas
07-09-2015, 03:46 PM
Might as well trade him to SA and let him win some rings before he retires

sook
07-09-2015, 03:47 PM

this place has turned into a bottomless hell many times over for what people used to get pinked for and nobody said anything...what on earth did you do to piss upstairs off? :lol

sook
07-09-2015, 03:49 PM
don't like the mavs, but this was fucked up tbh.

spurraider21
07-09-2015, 03:50 PM
They're having a great discussion on 98.7 ESPN affiliate in Phoenix about this Jordan/Cuban thing. Brought up two points:::the 2nd the most fascinating.

Cuban could have immediately refused to sign Matthew's contract and go into tank mode.
Cuban isn't going to stoop to DJ's level. he gave Matthews the offer to renege if he didnt want to stay in dallas knowing DJ won't be there. matthews stayed to his word.

Good stuff.
precisely why people now expect the rule to be changed

cantthinkofanything
07-09-2015, 05:03 PM
this place has turned into a bottomless hell many times over for what people used to get pinked for and nobody said anything...what on earth did you do to piss upstairs off? :lol

Unknown. Either a welcome LMA thread or maybe a montage. I really don't know. Nothing was very bad.

gambit1990
07-09-2015, 05:29 PM
trade him to ind. or atl or ny.

Blake
07-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Sorry, Bra.

Duuuude

Blake
07-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Thread, I'm gonna call you Thr for short

Ghazi
07-09-2015, 05:36 PM
People wanted us to tank in 2009 and 2010

Ghazi
07-09-2015, 05:38 PM
seriously.. the 2009 Mavs were a mediocre squad and it was feared Dirk didnt have much prime left.. we didnt have youth either.. but Dirk was 31 not 37

Findog
07-09-2015, 06:46 PM

Good stuff.

Do you think the league will alter the moratorium to prevent stuff like this from happening again?

In the short-game I feel like the Mavs did nothing wrong: they had a plan to add impact players through free agency and position themselves well for the post-Dirk era and it appeared to pay off when DAJ initially agreed to come here. A core of DAJ/Parsons/Matthews isn't a title team but it's a good enough core that they could get a meeting with Durant and other FAs when they come free. They negotiated in good faith and I don't think it's on them that DAJ ghosted them and the Clippers negotiated behind their backs.

In the long-game I feel like they put themselves in a position where the difference between being positioned well for Life After Dirk and initiating a painful rebuild was winning the DAJ sweepstakes. They have neglected the draft for years. The Spurs have been in the upper echelon of the league as well and got Leonard's draft rights thanks to a late first-round pick they developed (George Hill). The Mavs could've drafted Giannis. You're not gonna get a Kevin Durant or Steph Curry always picking in the twenties, but you can absolutely help your team through the draft no matter where you're picking. If this had happened to San Antonio and LMA backed out at the 11th hour, it would've been a big setback but I don't think it would've crippled the Spurs like DAJ's reneging will do to Dallas.

Ghazi
07-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Do you think the league will alter the moratorium to prevent stuff like this from happening again?

In the short-game I feel like the Mavs did nothing wrong: they had a plan to add impact players through free agency and position themselves well for the post-Dirk era and it appeared to pay off when DAJ initially agreed to come here. A core of DAJ/Parsons/Matthews isn't a title team but it's a good enough core that they could get a meeting with Durant and other FAs when they come free. They negotiated in good faith and I don't think it's on them that DAJ ghosted them and the Clippers negotiated behind their backs.

In the long-game I feel like they put themselves in a position where the difference between being positioned well for Life After Dirk and initiating a painful rebuild was winning the DAJ sweepstakes. They have neglected the draft for years. The Spurs have been in the upper echelon of the league as well and got Leonard's draft rights thanks to a late first-round pick they developed (George Hill). The Mavs could've drafted Giannis. You're not gonna get a Kevin Durant or Steph Curry always picking in the twenties, but you can absolutely help your team through the draft no matter where you're picking. If this had happened to San Antonio and LMA backed out at the 11th hour, it would've been a big setback but I don't think it would've crippled the Spurs like DAJ's reneging will do to Dallas.
Our FO has done a fantastic job. Everyone is just having the benefit of hindsight.

Ghazi
07-09-2015, 06:54 PM
We mortgaged a lot of assets on that 2011 team and it paid off.

Ghazi
07-09-2015, 06:56 PM
The philosophy of trying to nab a big time FA to win now during Dirks twilight years was fundamentally sound IMO. It didnt work out, and we couldve possiby added some youth and talent through the draft, but we were not gonna contend in Dirks final years without a superstar coming to his side. It was hard winning that 1 title with a 1 superstar team .. but Dirk was still at the peak of his abilities at that time. And that team was a good ensamble.

Mark Celibate
07-09-2015, 09:21 PM
Just trade Dirk where he can win a few more rings before retiring (like San Antonio). I've been a supporter of them Spurs for years and I'll support them even more in the years to come, especially in the playoffs since you probably won't see any Dallas team there for the next 3-4 years. Now I empathetically realize why my nigga Reck decided to change his favorite team to them Spurs tbh.

djohn2oo8
07-10-2015, 07:08 AM

Good stuff.

He needs to tank instead of trading away draft picks for niggas like Rondo and Zaza Pachulia

Killakobe81
07-10-2015, 07:49 AM
The philosophy of trying to nab a big time FA to win now during Dirks twilight years was fundamentally sound IMO. It didnt work out, and we couldve possiby added some youth and talent through the draft, but we were not gonna contend in Dirks final years without a superstar coming to his side. It was hard winning that 1 title with a 1 superstar team .. but Dirk was still at the peak of his abilities at that time. And that team was a good ensamble.

Agree with all of this EXCEPT one thing .... You could have kept Tyson (more years less $) and when cap went up you sign someone of import like the Spurs are now doing with LMA. The key is finding at least a "core" and building off that but cubes woudl never committ to one because he was trying to build a dynasty. I live in DFW but not a Mavs fan but Im pretty sure there are plenty of good #2's they could have added to Tyson and Dirk but they wanted to keep powder dry and chase big fish.

YEs Mavs wanted to win another with dirk but their actions indicate getting a star for post Dirk was a higher priority, especially when chasing Deandre.

Lakers have been making the same mistake but at least that got two titles with Kobe post shaq instead of just the one for Dirk.

And no this not hindsight I said it on here multiple times. So did other Laker fans funny enough, and even Spur fan was wondering why did we care that you broke up a title team. No way you bring back everyone but I think Tyson, Terry and JJB were sparks for 2011 along with Marion you at least keep most of those guys.