PDA

View Full Version : Tv Series you guys follow?

cascaders
07-08-2015, 11:48 PM
Hey whats up fellas, hmm so i just started watching this tv show the walking dead, just to pass the time ya know, and its alright but honestly im kinda getting bored with it. So im just wondering, what are some other good shows thats worth watching? Yeah im looking for a new series to follow. Any recommendations?

InRareForm
07-08-2015, 11:59 PM
Game of thrones.

terrible avatar btw...

Holden_Caulfield
07-09-2015, 12:05 AM
lately i've only kept up with game of thrones and banshee

spurraider21
07-09-2015, 12:35 AM
house of cards is the only show i've really kept up with recently, not counting comedies

Reck
07-09-2015, 01:11 AM
Game of thrones.

terrible avatar btw...

Do you want a clear one to fap to? Homo

baseline bum
07-09-2015, 01:14 AM
Just watched the first season of Lucky Louie.

DJR210
07-09-2015, 03:08 AM
Just watched the first season of Lucky Louie.

Fuck yes, one of my favs. Not that bullshit he put on FX..

OP, go to this site, and never say I didn't do anything for you.. shush.se - plenty of good stuff there.

Not sure what you've seen, but you need to start with Sopranos and Breaking Bad.. Oz is good.. Entourage too.. I just finished Orange is The New Black, and that was great as well. I have heard good things about Walking Dead, House of Cards, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, and The League was kinda funny from what I saw.

Game of Thrones I haven't seen, but everyone's raves about that too.

BD24
07-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Game of Thrones used to be great, unfourtanetly this season was a shitstorm that didn't make any sense. I know you said you are looking for new series, but if you dont mind watching back through some old series Dexter, Breaking Bad, and The Wire are all pretty fantastic shows.

z0sa
07-09-2015, 08:43 AM
TWD is the only current one I'm "following."

RD2191
07-09-2015, 09:12 AM
TWD is the only current one I'm "following."

gameFACE
07-09-2015, 11:18 AM
House of Cards, Walking Dead and Homeland. Considering starting up Arrested Development on Netflix. Definitely will be watching Twin Peaks.

Reck
07-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Game of Thrones used to be great, unfourtanetly this season was a shitstorm that didn't make any sense. I know you said you are looking for new series, but if you dont mind watching back through some old series Dexter, Breaking Bad, and The Wire are all pretty fantastic shows.

Made plenty of sense to me.

It was a slower season then normal but it was still good.

BD24
07-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Made plenty of sense to me.

It was a slower season then normal but it was still good.
The finale made no sense. At all, a bunch of the stuff didn't add up. They had characters doing things that they would never do. Won't go in to detail though as there is just far to many things that were wrong.

This is what happens when the dumb ass producers move away from the books in their own direction.

Infinite_limit
07-09-2015, 05:22 PM
- Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown
- Frontline
- Fargo
- Halt and Catch Fire
- Masterpiece [Selfridge]
- Portlandia

lmbebo
07-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Game of Thrones
Penny Dreadful
The Flash
Arrow
Enjoy Mountain Men (if its on).
Then animated (Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, Southpark).

Reck
07-09-2015, 05:41 PM
The finale made no sense. At all, a bunch of the stuff didn't add up. They had characters doing things that they would never do. Won't go in to detail though as there is just far to many things that were wrong.

This is what happens when the dumb ass producers move away from the books in their own direction.

Which parts?

The only thing they're doing on their own is they are doing more White Walker stuff and some different pairing of characters. Otherwise everything is almost as in the books. Even the season finale is straight from there.

BD24
07-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Which parts?

The only thing they're doing on their own is they are doing more White Walker stuff and some different pairing of characters. Otherwise everything is almost as in the books. Even the season finale is straight from there.
Have you read the books? I feel like from your comments you have not.

Reck
07-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Have you read the books? I feel like from your comments you have not.

No, but I'm up to speed on the most spoilery parts.

BD24
07-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Well, that explains alot. Carry on then.

bigzak25
07-09-2015, 07:27 PM
The only show I give a damn about is better call saul...so im shit out of luck for 6 more months at least...I don't know when exactly season 2 starts....otherwise...all I ever watch on tv is an occasional two and a half men rerun from 10 years ago...

Reck
07-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Well, that explains alot. Carry on then.

You're still not elaborating on what didn't make sense. So let's hear it. Otherwise, carry on.

BD24
07-09-2015, 07:37 PM
You're still not elaborating on what didn't make sense. So let's hear it. Otherwise, carry on.
Don't feel like typing it all. If you feel like reading it though here is a link. Alot of reading though. Was a better one i previously read, but could not find it. This is just about episode 10. not the rest of the shit season as well.
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/131087-rant-and-rave-without-repercussion-book-spoilers/page-2

JMarkJohns
07-09-2015, 09:10 PM
HBO: Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicon Valley, True Detective
Cinemax: The Knick, Banshee
Showtime: Homeland, The Affair, Penny Dreadful
Starz: Black Sails
AMC: Halt & Catch Fire, Better Call Saul
FX: Archer, The League, The Americans, Fargo

Almost all my favorite shows ended within the last two years.

I had optimism for a few recent FX shows, but I've not liked many.

Banshee and Penny Dreadful are crazy good, though the latter can lose itself at times.

I want to start Davinci's Demons.

Chris
07-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Trailer Park Boys on Netflix is funny AF ; It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia; TWD is the only show I will set my alarm for

cascaders
07-09-2015, 09:52 PM
wow thanks alot guys, yeah ill check it all out.. i've seen some of the shows you guys mentioned like game of thrones, arrow, breaking bad, dexter, etc..
My all time fav show has to be E.R, cause i'm in the same field, so i get a lot from watching it, and of course prison break cause every episode is just mindblowing.
And I used to get a lot of crap from my friends about this, but yeah i used to watch one tree hill when it was out. Hey its pretty good..9 season strong, so you know its good. Alright anyways, thanks alot for the recommendations, ill check it out.. im in my break right now, till sept, so when im back home, i just wanna chill in the house, so im just looking for a show that would do it. Just waiting for basketball to start again! arghh! Though this time im even more excited cause yeah, i just got approved in the site, so im really looking forward to log in during games and just let out 'happiness' every time patty mills/Green drains a 3, and frustration everytime parker miss his jumpshot haha. This forsure is gonna be one interesting season, i wanna see how it all turns out. Especially excited to see duncan playing with Aldridge
alright anyways offtopic much eh? Ill check out couple of the shows someone mentioned, lucky louie seems cool, true detective also looks pretty good.. ill check it out later

baseline bum
07-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Fuck yes, one of my favs. Not that bullshit he put on FX..

OP, go to this site, and never say I didn't do anything for you.. shush.se - plenty of good stuff there.

Not sure what you've seen, but you need to start with Sopranos and Breaking Bad.. Oz is good.. Entourage too.. I just finished Orange is The New Black, and that was great as well. I have heard good things about Walking Dead, House of Cards, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, and The League was kinda funny from what I saw.

Game of Thrones I haven't seen, but everyone's raves about that too.

I like his FX show too, though this season was really short and not very good except the episode when he freaks out about his 11 year old daughter watching Clockwork Orange at a sleepover. The previous ones were pretty funny though. The cast of Lucky Louie is incredible, especially Jim Norton. I can't get into Game of Thrones, that shit bores me to death every time I watch it. Even the titties can't save it, if I want softcore I'll watch Spartacus where every scene is either an orgy or a bloody fight to the death.

DJR210
07-10-2015, 12:16 AM
I like his FX show too, though this season was really short and not very good except the episode when he freaks out about his 11 year old daughter watching Clockwork Orange at a sleepover. The previous ones were pretty funny though. The cast of Lucky Louie is incredible, especially Jim Norton. I can't get into Game of Thrones, that shit bores me to death every time I watch it. Even the titties can't save it, if I want softcore I'll watch Spartacus where every scene is either an orgy or a bloody fight to the death.

Yeah, the entire cast of Lucky Louie was great, even minor characters like Mike Hagerty were funny.

Strange Love
07-10-2015, 01:25 AM

Dont.

It's faggy as fuck.

JMarkJohns
07-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Damn. Previews look badass.

gameFACE
07-10-2015, 11:04 AM
The only show I give a damn about is better call saul...so im shit out of luck for 6 more months at least...I don't know when exactly season 2 starts....otherwise...all I ever watch on tv is an occasional two and a half men rerun from 10 years ago...

Better Call Saul - forgot about that one. It's pretty good considering how good BB was. Stands on its own. :tu

RichardSimmons
07-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Prancing Elites get season 2!!

baseline bum
07-18-2015, 08:29 AM
Yeah, the entire cast of Lucky Louie was great, even minor characters like Mike Hagerty were funny.

:lmao

vQFyc47J-54

UZER
07-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Deutschland 83 is a great show. It's in German with subtitles, but it's a good snapshot of the era.

timtonymanu
07-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Shows still airing: Game of Thrones, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, True Detective, House of Cards

Shows that ended: The Wire, Breaking Bad, Freaks and Geeks, Malcolm in the Middle, Arrested Development Seasons 1-3, Twin Peaks

MI21
07-20-2015, 12:06 AM
Banshee and Penny Dreadful are crazy good, though the latter can lose itself at times.

Please tell me more about Banshee? It looks interesting, but I always struggle starting a new show because I know i get addicted easy.

mrsmaalox
07-20-2015, 08:29 AM
I follow Downton Abbey, Better Call Saul, The Knick, Louie. Louie was not good this season with him trying to get feelings for that totally unappealing woman---I hope he gives that up next season. In the meantime there really isn't anything I look forward to on reg tv. Right now I'm watching The IT Crowd on Netflix, it's one of the funniest Brit sitcoms I've ever seen----I've actually had to turn off the tv to catch my breath because I'm laughing so hard :lol

JMarkJohns
07-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Please tell me more about Banshee? It looks interesting, but I always struggle starting a new show because I know i get addicted easy.

Pulp drama for pulp action sake. Combines every potentially violent scenario with every stereotyped violent character, but holds strong balance from week to week with a simplistic, but intriguing plot centering on several main characters. Lots of violence, lots of sex, lots of "holy shit!" Moments.

It's one of the most fun shows on TV. Only three seasons, so it's easy to catch up.

First season is available for free Prime viewing on Amazon.

Basic gist is as follows: Convicted Convict assumes identity of small town sheriff in same town his former lover is hiding from mob while married to county attorney in the same town overrun by Amish Mafia, Native Gangs, Nazi Clubs, Biker Gangs, Drug dealers, etc.

Spursone
07-20-2015, 11:27 AM
I watch Ray Donovan, Orange is the New Black on Netflix, Food Network Stars, Gypsy Sisters (white trash debauchery), Homeland, Sopranos (Complete DVD Set), Lost on Netflix, and Bates Motel.

jeebus
07-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Flip or Flop, Property Brothers, Fixer Upper, House Hunters

InRareForm
07-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Its amazing how underrated the show Ray Donovan is.

JMarkJohns
08-22-2015, 10:29 PM
I read where the creators of Banshee said this upcoming season 4 will be the final season.

Really sucks all my favorite shows either ended (Breaking Bad, Justified), or went to shit (Homeland, Game Of Thrones), or went to shit and ended (Californication, Sons of Anarchy) all in last three years. Banshee was going to replace Justified, I felt, for at least several more years.

It's truly a great guilty pleasure with actual reason to like it.

Perfect blend of the best of Breaking Bad, Justified, Sons of Anarchy with a bit more pulp brutality and raw sexuality.

Season 1 is on Amazon Prime. I'm hoping season 2 joins when season 3 comes out on DVD/Pay Stream in the next few weeks.

Reck
08-22-2015, 11:41 PM
How has GoT gone to shit? hey just came off their best season yet (S4) and bounced back decently in 5.

Those other shows you mentioned are average to mediocre. :lol Californication.

JMarkJohns
08-22-2015, 11:53 PM
How has GoT gone to shit? hey just came off their best season yet (S4) and bounced back decently in 5.

Those other shows you mentioned are average to mediocre. :lol Californication.

L:lolL L:lolser C:lolntrarian

Biernutz
08-23-2015, 12:24 AM
Ray Donovan, Hell on Wheels, Defiance, Dark Matter, The Strain.....

Venti Quattro
08-23-2015, 01:06 AM
Homeland
Suits
Ballers

Reck
08-23-2015, 02:10 AM
L:lolL L:lolser C:lolntrarian

Yet I'm not the one watching biker shows. So tough.

JMarkJohns
08-23-2015, 02:46 AM
Yet I'm not the one watching biker shows. So tough.

If you cared to read, I said it went to shit. It was an interesting premise, a biker gang version of Hamlet. Had potential. But just like The Shield, it went south and did so in a hurry.

None of the other shows are "biker" shows.

And you're a lost cause if you think the last two seasons of GoT have been anything but monumental disappointments. They spend too much time on the most uninteresting characters, and many of the quality characters have gotten labor in the skew. They are officially in the "tell us visually" stage of narration. Very little development.

As for LOL Californication, I'd join you if you weren't such a dismissive Ass. Like many shows, the premise is a good one, but the narrative can't be sustained, the characters become trite and tired, and the plot more and more absurd. Californication went south quick. I'd say after season 2.

But Justified, Breaking Bad, these shows were incredible from the word go, with series' peaks late in the story, which is rare. Each had deeply complex characters abounding within tightly simple crime noir.

Banshee manages to walk the tightrope of entertaining and absurd very well. It, too has complex characters, only they operate within a profoundly absurd crime circus. It's pure pulp. And it works well. Every season they have gotten better at fleshing out the most interesting aspects, plot lines of the complex characters, and have gotten better with quips and dialogue.

It'll never be anything worthy of an Emmy, but Banshee is a damn fun ride, even without it employing Bikers weekly.

But go watch Mother of Dragons twiddle her thumbs in Myreen some more and call it a success! The show is so confused and muddled it completely forgot about Bran and Rickon, a storyline they used as a cliffhanger to end season 4, and never return to for an entire fucking season of the show because of Sparrows and Splayed folk.

Reck
08-23-2015, 04:23 AM
If you cared to read, I said it went to shit. It was an interesting premise, a biker gang version of Hamlet. Had potential. But just like The Shield, it went south and did so in a hurry.

None of the other shows are "biker" shows.

And you're a lost cause if you think the last two seasons of GoT have been anything but monumental disappointments. They spend too much time on the most uninteresting characters, and many of the quality characters have gotten labor in the skew. They are officially in the "tell us visually" stage of narration. Very little development.

As for LOL Californication, I'd join you if you weren't such a dismissive Ass. Like many shows, the premise is a good one, but the narrative can't be sustained, the characters become trite and tired, and the plot more and more absurd. Californication went south quick. I'd say after season 2.

But Justified, Breaking Bad, these shows were incredible from the word go, with series' peaks late in the story, which is rare. Each had deeply complex characters abounding within tightly simple crime noir.

Banshee manages to walk the tightrope of entertaining and absurd very well. It, too has complex characters, only they operate within a profoundly absurd crime circus. It's pure pulp. And it works well. Every season they have gotten better at fleshing out the most interesting aspects, plot lines of the complex characters, and have gotten better with quips and dialogue.

It'll never be anything worthy of an Emmy, but Banshee is a damn fun ride, even without it employing Bikers weekly.

But go watch Mother of Dragons twiddle her thumbs in Myreen some more and call it a success! The show is so confused and muddled it completely forgot about Bran and Rickon, a storyline they used as a cliffhanger to end season 4, and never return to for an entire fucking season of the show because of Sparrows and Splayed folk.

:lol

Relax I was fucking with you. I watched and liked Sons of Anarchy for the most part.

I've also seen Banshee (Thanks to my nigga sook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13608) who reccomended it) and Justified. I think they're OK shows.

I haven't seen the last 2 seasons of Justified yet so I will probably start over since it has been like 2 years since I saw a new episode. I remember getting pretty bored of that show during season 2 I think it was with the ex wife or girlfriend plot.

I'm going to have to disagree on Game of Thrones. Season 4 was hands down the best. It was good from the start to the last episode. Saying it was a monumental dissapointment is asinine.

This coming from a guy who wasn't that much into this show at first. It took 3 seasons for me to begin to appreciate GoT.

BD24
08-23-2015, 05:04 PM
Reck I explained to you previously why this season of GoT was shit, with a shit finale to cap it off. As soon as them ass holes started going away from the books the show started going down the toilet. They couldn't make it decent without GRRM holding their hands throughout the process.

Po'Boy
08-24-2015, 11:14 PM
Wicked Tuma