PDA

View Full Version : PLaying Time Next vs this season?

Maj_G
07-09-2015, 02:47 AM
Our roster now stands at 12, but it's pretty safe to say we will add at least one more player if not more.

LMA will take 30 or minutes per game (he played Tiago+Baynes minutes last season with the Blazers); West most likely will take Marco's minutes; Patty will play more/Manu will play less; and KA will play more.

Min/Season

2014/15
2015/16

30+
KL
KL, LMA

25-30
Timmy, Tony, Danny
Timmy, Tony, Danny

20-25
Boris, Manu, Marco
Boris, Patty, West

15-20
Tiago, CoJo, Patty, Baynes
Manu, KA

10-15
Bonner, KA, AD
Lalanne, Bonner, Mccallum

0-10
Ayers, Green, Reggie Williams
New players?

Our rotation appears to be shorter by only one player, even thought we lost 4 rotation guys and brought in two (by rotation guys I mean 15+min). Not bad! If Mccallum ends up playing 15+minutes that would be awesome.

Thoughts?

source; http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/sa/seasontype/2/cat/avgMinutes/san-antonio-spurs
(http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/sa/seasontype/2/cat/avgMinutes/san-antonio-spurs)

vander
07-09-2015, 04:28 AM
in games that matter

KL - 34
Green - 32
LMA - 30
TP - 26
TD - 24
Diaw -22
Mills - 22
West - 20
Manu - 18
KA - 12

SpursFan86
07-09-2015, 04:31 AM
No excuse for Kawhi and Danny not to play 33-35 mpg. They're getting paid grown man money now, they're young, and we're not exactly loaded with depth when it comes to wings. It's one thing if they're dealing with injuries or we're blowing a team out, but in close games, they should absolutely be playing 30+ mpg.

jhfenton
07-09-2015, 09:49 AM
With Manu likely playing fewer minutes and no Belinelli, I would guess that Danny will jump into the 30+ category with KL and LMA. He'll get the bulk of his minutes starting at the 2, with a few minutes at the 3.

Of course, it will depend on the development of Kyle and whomever the Spurs bring in as their 5th wing.

szkorhetz
07-09-2015, 09:53 AM
With Manu likely playing fewer minutes and no Belinelli, I would guess that Danny will jump into the 30+ category with KL and LMA. He'll get the bulk of his minutes starting at the 2, with a few minutes at the 3.

Of course, it will depend on the development of Kyle and whomever the Spurs bring in as their 5th wing.
I guess we will see a lot of two point guards lineups. It worked very well against the Heat and McCallum is long and athletic enough to hand with some SG's.

Maj_G
07-09-2015, 07:44 PM
I agree, there is a good chance Danny will play 30+ minutes during reg season. By the way, players that played 15+ minutes averaged ~113ppg, the projected sum for next year is ~123ppg! If that holds, we will be on a league of our own pretty much like the warriors were this past season.