PDA

View Full Version : Clippers seriously, is D Jordan really a max type $20+ mill player?

Blake
07-09-2015, 12:24 PM
I think the Mavs will look back a year or so from now and realize they're better off without him at that price imo

Funny how sometimes it's good to stop and thank God for unanswered prayers tbh

Thread
07-09-2015, 12:29 PM
I think the Mavs will look back a year or so from now and realize they're better off without him at that price imo

The rub is they lost the opportunity at FA traffic in the interim, Blake.

ADDENDUM::: and it's that "rub" that Media will not spotlight. It's too definitive, can't be debated nor discounted. It's decimating at gross examination.

baseline bum
07-09-2015, 12:31 PM
DeMarre Carroll just got $15 million a year, Wes Matthews just got $16 million a year. So yeah, Jordan is a $20 million a year player in this league as insane as it sounds.

Thread
07-09-2015, 12:33 PM
DeMarre Carroll just got $15 million a year, Wes Matthews just got $16 million a year. So yeah, Jordan is a $20 million a year player in this league as insane as it sounds.

tee, hee,,,I'm torturin' 'em with that shared agent twixt Knight & LMA, bum. Havin' the time of me life. First time they have a remote I'm showin' up in person.

baseline bum
07-09-2015, 12:35 PM
tee, hee,,,I'm torturin' 'em with that shared agent twixt Knight & LMA, bum. Havin' the time of me life. First time they have a remote I'm showin' up in person.

Trolling azcentral now I see cubby? Nail their asses to the tree of woe.

Clipper Nation
07-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Just because other players got overpaid doesn't make it any less stupid to overpay DJ.

Thread
07-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Just because other players got overpaid doesn't make it any less stupid to overpay DJ.

Christ, I don't even know how to bust your chops with this. Do I bust ya for ending up back with him, or, bust ya for having a harder time even though you got LMA/West?

Pick one, motherfucker!!!

lmbebo
07-09-2015, 12:43 PM
In this market, yes, he's worth that much.

Our idea of what is and isn't over paid has to change with the salary cap and revenues ballooning.

Thread
07-09-2015, 12:45 PM
In this market, yes, he's worth that much.

Our idea of what is and isn't over paid has to change with the salary cap and revenues ballooning.

beb's, the player's talent is static, only the money is dynamic. We ain't blind.

Splits
07-09-2015, 12:47 PM

Throw us a link, I'd like to see this.

Thread
07-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Throw us a link, I'd like to see this.

I don't links. It's my religion.

Splits
07-09-2015, 12:49 PM
I don't links. It's my religion.

You have a stupid fucking religion. What site is it?

Thread
07-09-2015, 12:50 PM
You have a stupid fucking religion. What site is it?

Blow it out your ass.

Caltex2

To sign good players short of a hometown discount, player loyalty or ring chasers, you have to overpay in the NBA and in sports in general. It's pretty standard operating procedure.

StrengthAndHonor

Raven
07-09-2015, 12:51 PM
well, i guess given the circumstances, he is.

Raven
07-09-2015, 12:52 PM

i tend to agree, but you guys wouldn't be able to sign anybody with that money..

Thread
07-09-2015, 01:03 PM
i tend to agree, but you guys wouldn't be able to sign anybody with that money..

What money, the money in Texas, or, in California?

Killakobe81
07-09-2015, 01:23 PM

Im with CN here been arguing it for the past almost 4 years ... that is a dumb logic. I get you have to pay SOMEONE but part of why the Spurs are great they dont make a habit of overpaying. Hell, their GOAT player is criminally underpaid.

Blake
07-09-2015, 01:34 PM

True so then i guess the real question is it prudent for a team to pay guys like that max type deals?

Shit, when the game is on the line with seconds to go, Doc has to pull DJ if the other team has the bonus. That's not a max type guy if he's one dimensional and you can't count on him in crunch time, imo.

Clipper Nation
07-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Not in the short term, but we'd have cap space going forward. We are now locked into 3-4 years of treadmilling with a core that isn't good enough all on max deals. Meanwhile, the rest of the West is always improving and passing us by.

Mikeanaro
07-09-2015, 01:38 PM
No, 6ppg and a couple blocks, Clips think he is prime Dwert before the back surgery.

Thread
07-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Not in the short term, but we'd have cap space going forward. We are now locked into 3-4 years of treadmilling with a core that isn't good enough all on max deals. Meanwhile, the rest of the West is always improving and passing us by.

Well, you always have your other 1st team to bank on.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/AH1B96/apple-with-two-bites-out-of-it-AH1B96.jpg

Earl
07-09-2015, 01:45 PM
No, 6ppg and a couple blocks, Clips think he is prime Dwert before the back surgery.

He's much better than what you give him credit for.

Mikeanaro
07-09-2015, 01:52 PM
He's much better than what you give him credit for.
Poor FT% no court vision, goaltending king and yes he is a good defender but he is not a 20+mil player.

Lakers999
07-09-2015, 01:59 PM
I wonder how much cocksucking did David Stern and Adam Silver gave to Donald Sterling and Deandre Jordan respectively

spurtech09
07-09-2015, 07:08 PM
DJ is pretty good on defense.....O yeah and he can dunk like crazy......That's about it