PDA

View Full Version : Parker, Mills, McCallum

SpursforSix
07-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Where does this stack up against the league?

Parker is still top 10. Mills might be the best backup in the league. At least as far as being able to provide instant offense. McCallum as the third option seems strong as well.

Is this the top PG rotation in the league? If not, who is better?

dabom
07-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Parker is not top 10. :lmao

Fireball
Parker shitstorm coming ...

RD2191
Top 10 in what? Fattest PGs?

SupremeGuy

Parker is still top 10. Mills might be the best backup in the league. At least as far as being able to provide instant offense. McCallum as the third option seems strong as well.

Is this the top PG rotation in the league? If not, who is better?:lmao

SpursforSix

I'm assuming he's healthy. Yes, he's in the top 10.

dabom
07-09-2015, 02:00 PM
Any rotation with westbrook or chris paul or curry is the best rotation in the league. End thread.

Poolboy5623
07-09-2015, 02:00 PM
if your going off last season...parker is not top 10....

Robz4000
07-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Best PG rotation is prolly Cleveland (in terms of regular season numbers).

ElNono
07-09-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm hoping Tony put some solid work over the summer and looks a bit better. With Danny and Kawhi back, you can always hide him on defense, tbh...

Not really sure how McCallum will work, but I like he's young, tbh... the Spurs should be able to mold him to what they want once he gets over himself.

Kuvai
07-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Parker is bottom 5 in the league last year at PG position that too at full health.

spurraider21
07-09-2015, 02:03 PM
parker isn't top 10 or even close to it... unless he radically turns his game around. he's going to need a duncan-esque renaissance, and i'm not counting on it

HarlemHeat37
07-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Realistically, Mills is one of the best backups in the NBA, but he's a SG in a PG body, makes it difficult to actually rank his contribution compared to other PGs..

If I had to rank the Spurs' PG position in comparison to the league, I would put them at 18th or so..

TDomination
If Parker comes back healthy, in shape, with a jumpshot from 2013, yeah hes top 10.

But we'll see what we get from him.

But as far as our rotation goes in comparison to the rest of this league, its hard to say since we haven't seen how McCallum will be in this system. Patty is freakin cold blooded in big games but he can be streaky though.

I am looking forward to seeing a revamped Parker. I would hope that most are cheering for him to become better instead of rooting against him just so that they can continue calling him out.

dabom
FYI for the new porker fans. Don't make shit threads. :lmao

TheGoldStandard
07-09-2015, 02:05 PM
McCallum will be the starter 2016/2017

Plum Island
07-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Top 10 in pounds per square inch tbh.

random21
07-09-2015, 02:09 PM
McCallum will start a few games this season, when Tony burns out from eating too many croissants...

hater
07-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Midgets. We still need someone to replace Beli. I guess Anderson will do

SpursforSix
07-09-2015, 02:14 PM
parker isn't top 10 or even close to it... unless he radically turns his game around. he's going to need a duncan-esque renaissance, and i'm not counting on it

Maybe put it a different way to take Parker vs. Curry et al. out of the equation.

Suppose every starting point guard in the league is hurt. Where do the Spurs stand?

Johnny RIngo
I'm assuming he's healthy. Yes, he's in the top 10.

He was the worst player in the ENTIRE playoffs(for all players over 20 mpg). Ranked 67th in RPM among all point guards in the regular season. Your expectations are a little high for an injury prone player that's gotten by on his physical tools for most of his career.

TheGreatYacht
Parker/Aldridge P&R taking the league over

SpursforSix
Realistically, Mills is one of the best backups in the NBA, but he's a SG in a PG body, makes it difficult to actually rank his contribution compared to other PGs..

If I had to rank the Spurs' PG position in comparison to the league, I would put them at 18th or so..

18???? What 17 teams are ahead of them?

dabom
07-09-2015, 02:16 PM

Take your porker tinted glasses off.

SpursforSix
07-09-2015, 02:17 PM
FYI for the new porker fans. Don't make shit threads. :lmao

I'm a Spurs fan. PG looks like our weakest starting position. I was just wondering where the PG group was compared to the other teams. Is that not a legitimate question/concern?

SuperCam
07-09-2015, 02:18 PM
--

BatManu20
07-09-2015, 02:19 PM
What sucks is if Tony does have another season like last year, we still won't be able to deal him b/c nobody in their right mind will take on that contract. We just really need him to bounce back, tbh.

Nathan89
Almost any team with a better starter has a better pg situation than us. Parker isn't top ten so there are quite a bit of teams ahead of us.

Xevious
Our PG rotation sucks, honestly. But we don't need dominant PGs with our current lineup. If Parker loses the extra weight and regains his jump shot, we'll be okay. And with Ginobili and/or Diaw in the second unit, Patty doesn't need to be the playmaker.

K...
07-09-2015, 02:23 PM
I'd say slightly above average. Parker has mega corporate knowledge that'd make Westbrook head explode.

dabom
07-09-2015, 02:25 PM
I'd say slightly above average. Parker has mega corporate knowledge that'd make Westbrook head explode.

People act like westbrook has zero IQ. Parker last playoffs looked like a mentally retarded child.

K...
07-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Worst PG rotation of any contender by far, tbh.

Kyrie/Williams, Curry/Livingston, Westbrook/whatever, Paul/whatever.... all much better.

So there are only like six contenders. Spurs can still be top ten.

Here are some specifics: better than:

Lullard and trash? Clarkson and Russell? Rondo and belli? Wall and beal? Mavs lol?

DJR210
07-09-2015, 02:26 PM
I hope Parker takes a huge Whataburger infused shit on all of us this year and gets back to himself..

K...
07-09-2015, 02:27 PM
People act like westbrook has zero IQ. Parker last playoffs looked like a mentally retarded child.

No he looked like a middle age multi racial man. You're projecting.

Westbrook isn't dumb. But he's never learn the spurs offense.

dabom
07-09-2015, 02:31 PM
No he looked like a middle age multi racial man. You're projecting.

Westbrook isn't dumb. But he's never learn the spurs offense.

Westbrook instead of porker gets us a 5peat easy. MVP candidate at a young age with a stacked team AND bench with a top 3 coach of all time. :wow

littlecoyotecoin
07-09-2015, 02:48 PM
Top 10 in pounds per square inch tbh.

So you think Parker withstands pressure well? If you're gonna make lame "Parker is Fat" jokes, try to get psi vs. density (pounds per cubic inch) right, or it just doesn't work well comedically. Fat isn't all that dense, anyway. Back to Fat Joke drawing board.

Dre_7
07-09-2015, 02:50 PM
I can't wait to see Parker shit all over the ST haters when he has a bounce back year this season.

Plum Island
07-09-2015, 02:50 PM
So you think Parker withstands pressure well? If you're gonna make lame "Parker is Fat" jokes, try to get psi vs. density (pounds per cubic inch) right, or it just doesn't work well comedically. Fat isn't all that dense, anyway. Back to Fat Joke drawing board.
http://fishtown.us/sites/fishtown.us/files/BuzzKillington.jpg

south side spur
07-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Westbrook
Paul
Curry
Wall
Lillard
Irving
Lowry
Bledsoe
Lawson
Evans
Teague
Conley
Walker
Jackson
Gragic
Knight
Parker 17

SpursforSix
07-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Westbrook
Paul
Curry
Wall
Lillard
Irving
Lowry
Bledsoe
Lawson
Evans
Teague
Conley
Walker
Jackson
Gragic
Knight
Parker 17

that's just starters right? I was talking about PG depth. Later I proposed to take all starting PG out of the discussion. Where do the Spurs 2 and 3 PG stack?

littlecoyotecoin
07-09-2015, 02:58 PM
http://fishtown.us/sites/fishtown.us/files/BuzzKillington.jpg

Thank you! First, I would like to thank all of the little people...

I'll get to thanking Parker later.

Mnky
07-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Mills plays wells as the second pg when Diaw or manu running the team. His shooting blends well. I like this kid as a young prospect. Has good vision and attacks, which we need from the pg, and with Aldridge and west now in the PnR, he will blend well I'm speculating.

Will be a good rotation for this type of team, that's for sure. One of the better in the league.

Plum Island
07-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Thank you! First, I would like to thank all of the little people...

I'll get to thanking Parker later.

Lol. In all seriousness I firmly believe we're going to see a different Parker this upcoming season, but he was simply too dense (better?) for his own good last season.
At least... I hope so.

south side spur
07-09-2015, 03:02 PM
that's just starters right? I was talking about PG depth. Later I proposed to take all starting PG out of the discussion. Where do the Spurs 2 and 3 PG stack?
I'd rather have Mills and McCallum than any other point guards not listed so move the Spurs up the list as high as you want.

dabom
07-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Lol. In all seriousness I firmly believe we're going to see a different Parker this upcoming season, but he was simply too dense (better?) for his own good last season.
At least... I hope so.

LMA will alleviate some offensive duties for porker. Porkers legs will be more rested next year. Maybe even pop benches him when we need too and we start winning more games.

HarlemHeat37

Definitely better: Cleveland, Golden State, Clippers, Grizzlies, OKC, Toronto, Washington
Probably better: Atlanta, Portland
Subjective, but better IMO: Charlotte, Miami, New Orleans
Toss-up: Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Phoenix, Sacramento

Definitely worse: Brooklyn, Dallas, Houston, Indiana, Lakers, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New York, Orlando, Philly, Utah

I could see the Spurs as good as 13th if youre being really optimistic and as low as 19th if we're keeping it 100 IMO..

LongtimeSpursFan

Way to stir the pot. Notice how all the player fans that are on here are also on your 'cursing on Spurstalk' thread?

dabom
07-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Way to stir the pot. Notice how all the player fans that are on here are also on your 'cursing on Spurstalk' thread?

You are a player fan. Don't get it twisted. Walk along now.

Plum Island
07-09-2015, 03:06 PM
LMA will alleviate some offensive duties for porker. Porkers legs will be more rested next year. Maybe even pop benches him when we need too and we start winning more games.
I agree. Hopefully he feels shamed by last season. Maybe come back with a retooled physique and a new, more team-first attitude.
That would be nice.

DarrinS
07-09-2015, 03:11 PM

:downspin:

BillMc
07-09-2015, 03:15 PM

I agree that Mills is great offense but can't say he's an incredible play maker. I don't really know much about McCallum. Much of it hinges on whether last year was just a down year on Parker's part or if he's in serious decline.

But to answer your question, Curry and Livingston are pretty good.

And the Cavs who have Kyrie, and then can let LeBron play point when he's out, plus Delly. They are pretty fearsome. But, of course, if you're going to expand the play makers beyond just pgs for this discussion we can add Manu and to some extent Boris on our own team.

littlecoyotecoin
07-09-2015, 03:20 PM
At least... I hope so.

Yes. I am a fan of his game, not of his slutting around w/ player's wives, but his game for sure. Hopefully he will get some rest, stay injury free, and be a little embarassed by his game last season. Hopefully he's got a little to prove to himself and some pride.

K...
07-09-2015, 03:21 PM
Westbrook
Paul
Curry
Wall
Lillard
Irving
Lowry
Bledsoe
Lawson
Evans
Teague
Conley
Walker
Jackson
Gragic
Knight
Parker 17

Half those names are fools gold. Players with stats on a bad team. We don't pg scoring this year. We need floor captains. Mr dribble dribble is good at that. Congrats to you if you want to build a team around a ball dominant pg. We're talking about a stacked team

Blizzardwizard
07-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Player obsessed fans hating on MVParker per par.

Leetonidas
07-09-2015, 03:38 PM
I am a big Porky fan but tbh he is not top 10 right now, off the top of my head here are 10 PGs I'd take ahead of him as of now based on last season:

1. Curry
2. Westbrook
3. Paul
4. Dragic
5. Wall
6. Irving
7. Bledsoe
8. Jackson
9. Lawson
10. Knight

Some may disagree but I'd take any one of those guys over 2015 TP.

K...
07-09-2015, 04:05 PM
I am a big Porky fan but tbh he is not top 10 right now, off the top of my head here are 10 PGs I'd take ahead of him as of now based on last season:

1. Curry
2. Westbrook
3. Paul
4. Dragic
5. Wall
6. Irving
7. Bledsoe
8. Jackson
9. Lawson
10. Knight

Some may disagree but I'd take any one of those guys over 2015 TP.

Another fools gold Iist. God dang, are you gonna let kawhi and Aldridge get touches? Can all those guys run the spurs offense? Hell yes I'd take curry or Westbrook on a generic team, but for this team, with this offense I only take 3,4,5 from your list

dabom
07-09-2015, 04:06 PM
K just stop. Embarrassing yourself already. :lmao

Leetonidas
07-09-2015, 04:08 PM
You realize Jackson/Lawson/Knight are all way better at generating assists than Parker right? It's not like these players are all ball hogging chuckers. And like I said, I'm a Parker fan, but he is not a top 10 PG. I'm not addressing "what PGs you'd rather have besides TP running the show?" I'm addressing whether or not TP is a top 10 PG and he is not anymore unfortunately. There's nothing wrong with admitting that tbh. I'm not one of the ones that starts Enrique bashing threads or anything, I've always defended Parker tbh. Take your homer glasses off dude. Parker running the team is fine as long as he's not trying to put up 20 shots a game like he was vs. LAC...

Plum Island
07-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Another fools gold Iist. God dang, are you gonna let kawhi and Aldridge get touches? Can all those guys run the spurs offense? Hell yes I'd take curry or Westbrook on a generic team, but for this team, with this offense I only take 3,4,5 from your list
Good points, but you always have to take Curry. He can excel almost anywhere and he's a talent coaches adjust their own "systems" for.
Like Pop will do for LMA. The System will be tweaked for his talent.

Plum Island
07-09-2015, 04:10 PM
You realize Jackson/Lawson/Knight are all way better at generating assists than Parker right? It's not like these players are all ball hogging chuckers. And like I said, I'm a Parker fan, but he is not a top 10 PG. I'm not addressing "what PGs you'd rather have besides TP running the show?" I'm addressing whether or not TP is a top 10 PG and he is not anymore unfortunately. There's nothing wrong with admitting that tbh. I'm not one of the ones that starts Enrique bashing threads or anything, I've always defended Parker tbh. Take your homer glasses off dude. Parker running the team is fine as long as he's not trying to put up 20 shots a game like he was vs. LAC...
Parker needs to have a renaissance of sorts and evolve his game for the betterment of the team. No doubt.

DPG21920
07-09-2015, 04:10 PM
If TP can get back to a top 10 PG, Spurs will have a top 10 guard rotation and that is more than enough with the rest of the talent.

Leetonidas
07-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Parker needs to have a renaissance of sorts and evolve his game for the betterment of the team. No doubt.

Agree, there's nothing I'd like more than for him to have a resurgent year and get back to form. But he has been declining the last two seasons. It's not really debatable and advanced stats show just how abysmal he was on the court for us. I really hope he can focus more on being a leader and floor general because he doesn't need to put up 18-20 shots a game for us anymore

Plum Island
07-09-2015, 04:17 PM
If TP can get back to a top 10 PG, Spurs will have a top 10 guard rotation and that is more than enough with the rest of the talent.
It's a big if, but not out of the question by any means. He needs to focus on his "old" body like Tim did a few years ago and change his game a bit by learning to choose his battles and be more of a "cog"- as said by Tim about himself nowadays.
IF he can do that, and I believe he can and maybe even wants to- then you are absolutely correct.

As usual.

cjw
07-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Half those names are fools gold. Players with stats on a bad team. We don't pg scoring this year. We need floor captains. Mr dribble dribble is good at that. Congrats to you if you want to build a team around a ball dominant pg. We're talking about a stacked team

Exactly. Jackson, Walker, Evans (or Holiday) are below Parker. A few of the others are simply DH's.

Spur84
07-09-2015, 04:22 PM
I can't wait to see Parker shit all over the ST haters when he has a bounce back year this season.

For the amount that he is getting paid...he shouldn't need to have a bounce back season. Dude should be playing consistent and at a high level every season for all that $$$

HarlemHeat37
07-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Hate aside, it's alarming how many Spurs fans still don't realize how much Parker has declined since 2013, tbh:lol.. Not only was he not even close to being a top 10 PG last year, he was very likely one PG the 5 worst starters at the position..fortunately, the Spurs didn't need him to be great in 2014, and they only need him to be average, this year..

PersonAlly, I hope he doesn't try to become an All-Star level PG again, it would probably kill the team..the PG position sees an ugly decline, unless you have a niche like shooting or a heavy size advantage like Jason Kidd..

Parker needs to accept being a role player that runs the offense and shots open jump shots, this team has too many weapons..they would be better off with a Calderon-type, but Parker is the only PG that can run the offense, we are stuck with him, hopefully he accepts reality and his role..

south side spur
07-09-2015, 04:44 PM
I want to make it clear, I'm not a Parker hater. That list IS pure analytics and it's open for debate. You can't truthfully dismiss anyone on that list that's just being objective. Some may say this or that point guard should be higher or lower but they're all in the discussion. Someone who says they'd rather have Parker I'm not going to say you're wrong. This is just as of right now. Obviously, any list is fluid. I do know this, Joseph had an opportunity to take the back up spot but his lack of assertiveness on offense opened it back up for Mills to do what he does. That won't be the case with McCallum. This kid believes in himself and if Mills has a cold streak again...it's the kids spot. As someone already mentioned, if Parker gets injured or rests McCallum will start and he won't disappoint.

spursgu
07-09-2015, 04:45 PM
No way we have one of the worst PGs in the league. And I don't even know who McCollum is.

RD2191
07-09-2015, 04:48 PM
No way we have one of the worst PGs in the league. And I don't even know who McCollum is.
:lmao

RD2191
07-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Hate aside, it's alarming how many Spurs fans still don't realize how much Parker has declined since 2013, tbh:lol.. Not only was he not even close to being a top 10 PG last year, he was very likely one PG the 5 worst starters at the position..fortunately, the Spurs didn't need him to be great in 2014, and they only need him to be average, this year..

PersonAlly, I hope he doesn't try to become an All-Star level PG again, it would probably kill the team..the PG position sees an ugly decline, unless you have a niche like shooting or a heavy size advantage like Jason Kidd..

Parker needs to accept being a role player that runs the offense and shots open jump shots, this team has too many weapons..they would be better off with a Calderon-type, but Parker is the only PG that can run the offense, we are stuck with him, hopefully he accepts reality and his role..
Dropping nukes per usual

apalisoc_9
07-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Parker is bottom 5 in the league last year at PG position that too at full health.

Galileo
07-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Top 10 in what? Fattest PGs?

Parker follows Duncan’s lead with rigorous offseason regimen
Posted on June 17, 2015 | BY DAN MCCARNEY
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2015/06/17/parker-follows-duncans-lead-with-rigorous-offseason-regimen/#32417101=0

Plum Island
07-09-2015, 04:56 PM

Absolutely. His current ceiling is being a very good role player who can have some stellar nights, but is now a "cog" in the machine, not the engine.

Plum Island
07-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Parker follows Duncan’s lead with rigorous offseason regimen
Posted on June 17, 2015 | BY DAN MCCARNEY
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2015/06/17/parker-follows-duncans-lead-with-rigorous-offseason-regimen/#32417101=0
I should certainly hope so.

LongtimeSpursFan
07-09-2015, 05:05 PM

All kidding aside, its alarming that many Spurs fan still don't realize how important Parker is to this team. It's unfortunate that this premiere PG, whose pick and roll style has been stifled with bigs that are either not at the top of their game anymore or constantly on the injured list. Fortunately, the Spurs signed a big that can compliment his offensive style and return back to his stellar form this year.

Personally, I can't wait to see him run the PnR with Aldridge and West and return to All-Star level PG again, it should ignite this team. The PG position sees an ugly decline if you don't have the type of PG that can get to the rim or shoot the open jumper and not a heavy PG like Jason Kidd, Derek Fisher or Chauncey Billups that could only shoot three pointers at the tail end of their career.

Parker needs to accept that he is the head of the snake that runs this offense and if he can get to the rim or take the open J then this team will have too any weapons. Parker is the best PG on this team and one of the best in the NBA, with the right personnel on this team he can return to his old role.

RD2191
07-09-2015, 05:06 PM
All kidding aside, its alarming that many Spurs fan still don't realize how important Parker is to this team. It's unfortunate that this premiere PG, whose pick and roll style has been stifled with bigs that are either not at the top of their game anymore or constantly on the injured list. Fortunately, the Spurs signed a big that can compliment his offensive style and return back to his stellar form this year.

Personally, I can't wait to see him run the PnR with Aldridge and West and return to All-Star level PG again, it should ignite this team. The PG position sees an ugly decline if you don't have the type of PG that can get to the rim or shoot the open jumper and not a heavy PG like Jason Kidd, Derek Fisher or Chauncey Billups that could only shoot three pointers at the tail end of their career.

Parker needs to accept that he is the head of the snake that runs this offense and if he can get to the rim or take the open J then this team will have too any weapons. Parker is the best PG on this team and one of the best in the NBA, with the right personnel on this team he can return to his old role.
BAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHA

timvp
07-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Parker obviously wasn't a top ten point guard last year. This coming season, if he gets in shape and stays healthy, I'm confident he can bounce back and regain that status while being exactly what the Spurs need at that position.

HarlemHeat37
07-09-2015, 05:09 PM

:lmao

Seriously, if everybody is going to ignore obvious aging and decline, why don't the Spurs just sign David Robinson to play C?

Parker can still be a solid role player, there's nothing wrong with that..realistically, if a PG with his mileage, age and style of play tries to play like an All-Star, its going to hurt the team..part of aging is accepting your role to help your team, rather than stubbornly attempting to recapture your old magic..we don't want another Kobe or Iverson here..

honestfool84
07-09-2015, 05:10 PM

spursgu
07-09-2015, 05:14 PM
dang alot of you are really that confident that Parker will have an all star season next year? hopefully he's not fat anymore.

tmtcsc
07-09-2015, 05:18 PM
If Parker gets healthy and returns to form - Spurs will be fine at this position. I never considered Patty a PG. He's more of a shooting guard.

K...
07-09-2015, 05:29 PM
The new offensive big men really make Tony almost guaranteed to get to top ten status. He doesn't need speed since the spacing will be great. He just has to beat his man, and if he can't, pass. He'll get it.

steeledl
07-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Almost any team with a better starter has a better pg situation than us. Parker isn't top ten so there are quite a bit of teams ahead of us.

Faggot has the worst basketball takes.

Dre_7
07-09-2015, 06:28 PM
For the amount that he is getting paid...he shouldn't need to have a bounce back season. Dude should be playing consistent and at a high level every season for all that $$$

Parker has been a bargain the entire time he has been a Spur. Helped bring 4 titles to San Antonuo while making less than he was worth his entire career. He still isn't making what he is worth honestly. Look at how guys are getting paid now a days, guys that he is better than are getting more than him.

SuperCam
07-09-2015, 07:05 PM
--

james evans
07-09-2015, 07:17 PM

:lol

BD24
07-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Jesus christ. Top 10? I'm not one of the mega douche over the top parker haters, but to say he is top 10 is just as ridicoulus. He is at best an average starter at this point. Thats being awfully generous though. Hes more at the back end of starters.

james evans
07-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Parker has been a bargain the entire time he has been a Spur. Helped bring 4 titles to San Antonuo while making less than he was worth his entire career. He still isn't making what he is worth honestly. Look at how guys are getting paid now a days, guys that he is better than are getting more than him.
exactly which pgs are parker better than that he makes less than? He's ranked at #36 in the league last season for pay. I'll give you bogut and david lee, but exactly which pgs is he better than that was making more than him?

james evans
07-09-2015, 07:24 PM
If Parker gets healthy and returns to form
how many years have we been saying this in the off season? WHY CAN'T HE GET HEALTHY??? WHY?????

Kawhitstorm
07-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Just need him to have a bounce back season from mediocrity ala 2013-14 Manu. As long as he can beat defenders 1-on-1 & keep them honest it should be enough. Don't need him to drive & kick, draw double teams or suck in the defense...Kawhi/LMA/Tim can get their own shots & Danny will eat off LMA/Kawhi. Just bring the ball up & call sets, let the motion offense do the work. During crunch time, give the ball to LMA/Kawhi & get out of their way.

Dro210
07-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Westbrook
Paul
Curry
Wall
Lillard
Irving
Lowry
Bledsoe
Lawson
Evans
Teague
Conley
Walker
Jackson
Gragic
Knight
Parker 17

Parker will be bounce back a bit this year. If you're being realistic and not basing your opinion on your fan duel lineup, Parker will slot in right above Lowry. Conley should be higher..... Also, no D-Rose? He puts himself back in that Top10 this year too.

TXstbobcat
07-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Ray McCallum has to be happy going from that shitty Kings franchise to the Spurs.

HarlemHeat37
07-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Parker will be bounce back a bit this year. If you're being realistic and not basing your opinion on your fan duel lineup, Parker will slot in right above Lowry. Conley should be higher..... Also, no D-Rose? He puts himself back in that Top10 this year too.

Rose, Rondo and Parker are all in the same boat IMO..bigger names than actual playing ability..

At least Parker can transition into a new role for a stacked team in an intelligent organization..Bulls are still relying heavily on Rose and stupidly building around him, partly because he's from Chicago and an icon in the city, of course..

Walter Donovan
07-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Enjoy your new starting PG Spurs fans!

Dro210
07-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Rose, Rondo and Parker are all in the same boat IMO..bigger names than actual playing ability..

At least Parker can transition into a new role for a stacked team in an intelligent organization..Bulls are still relying heavily on Rose and stupidly building around him, partly because he's from Chicago and an icon in the city, of course..

I agree with the premise.... but Rondo just sucks. He's true cancer and his game has huge holes. I can't rightfully put Tony and Rose in a boat with that guy, lol.

Parker's no longer an All-Star level player, but a lot of those younger guys listed are overrated by inflated numbers imo. Tony's experience alone gains him a few spots on a list like that. He can still be bottom end of the top 10 next year with a little return to form.... and I may be optimistic because I like him, but I don't think Rose is done yet. He's not gonna be MVP again, and I'd agree its tough to win a championship with someone like him as a centerpiece, but I think he can still get back to being near elite if he can manage to stay on the floor all year. I know that's a big "if" at this point, but if The Mayor Fred Hoiberg comes in and keeps everybody's minutes down, and Chicago has their whole team in the playoffs for once, they're as good as anybody in the East.

rastaspur
07-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Ray McCallum has to be happy going from that shitty Kings franchise to the Spurs.

It is almost akin to a governor pardoning someone on death row. You are going from one end of the spectrum to another. From cousins and Rudy gay to timmay! And kawhi.

It is like getting promoted from cooking fries at Burger King to being a VP of the company.

pgardn
07-09-2015, 10:32 PM
We Win the finals with the Parker that almost got us the 2 seed during the winning streak last season.

Playoff Tony... Aldridge won't matter, we will stink.

The Parker haters can't tell the difference between the two and would probably like playoff Tony to troll with.

TheGoldStandard
07-09-2015, 10:36 PM
If Parker falls off more this season what do Spurs do?

spurraider21
07-09-2015, 10:38 PM
whine on ST

Aztecfan03
07-09-2015, 10:46 PM
So there are only like six contenders. Spurs can still be top ten.

Here are some specifics: better than:

Lullard and trash? Clarkson and Russell? Rondo and belli? Wall and beal? Mavs lol?

Belli? Beal? thought you guys were talking PG's

ElNono
07-09-2015, 10:53 PM

What we've been doing for the past 10 seasons, tbh... give it to Gino...

TheGoldStandard
07-09-2015, 10:54 PM
whine on ST

It's a legit question, cap goes up next season but how do you walk away from that kind paycheck or tell him to scale it back?

TheGoldStandard
07-09-2015, 10:55 PM

Perhaps but after the season is over? Do they chase a new PG?

RD2191
07-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Nono with no regard for Parkerfan life.

ElNono
07-09-2015, 11:03 PM
Perhaps but after the season is over? Do they chase a new PG?

Tony is here to stay, tbh... I suppose if the decline is too terrible they'll look for a starting PG next summer and move him to the bench...

spurraider21
07-09-2015, 11:05 PM
It's a legit question, cap goes up next season but how do you walk away from that kind paycheck or tell him to scale it back?
it was a legit answer. he's untradeable, you cant restructure contracts, so the only thing that can happen is that people will continue to point out the obvious on ST

100%duncan
07-10-2015, 01:05 AM
Top 12-15 maybe

kaji157
07-10-2015, 01:22 AM
I am no fan of how Parker plays, nothing against him, but seems to me that he is the most uncomfortable with a move the ball game.

Other than that i have nothing against him and i think last year he took the Spurs for granted and didnt take care of his body thinking that we were going to cruise thru the regular season.

He got injured, didnt have the time to recover from a poor preparation, and as a result he was a disaster, plain and simple, the worst player on the team based on age/salary/expectations.

I find it hard to believe that he will not reconsider his position this year and give us one of his finest seasons. If he cant do it because of his age, then i expect a very good season from him as the least.

If he doesnt do that and continues with poor preparation and performance, then i have to put the blame not only on him, but also on the front office that renewed his deal for 3 more seasons.

south side spur
07-10-2015, 01:48 AM
Westbrook
Paul
Curry
Wall
Lillard
Irving
Parker7
Lowry
Bledsoe
Rose
Conley
Lawson
Evans
Teague
Hmmmm...wellllllll...I am a Spurs fan

SilverSpur
07-10-2015, 02:52 AM

Rose
Paul
Curry - 1 Championship
Lillard
Rondo - 1 Championship
Wall
Rubio
Mattews
Bledsoe
Dragic
D Williams
Harden
Ellis
Hill
Irving
Conley

Parker - 4 championships out of 5 apperences, Finals MVP , All Star, Future Hall of Famer
Countless regular season wins, division titles, playoff and finals victories and still going!
Rank him where you want but when it's all said and done he will most likely retire with 6 or 7 rings and
sitting in the hall of fame while everyone else on this list will finish their careers chasing an opportunity to
play for just one.
#9 :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: , and :lobt2::lobt2: coming soon

le13
07-10-2015, 03:22 AM

Loool but you are!!!!!! :lol for sure in this forum

le13
07-10-2015, 03:39 AM
I am no fan of how Parker plays, nothing against him, but seems to me that he is the most uncomfortable with a move the ball game.

Other than that i have nothing against him and i think last year he took the Spurs for granted and didnt take care of his body thinking that we were going to cruise thru the regular season.

He got injured, didnt have the time to recover from a poor preparation, and as a result he was a disaster, plain and simple, the worst player on the team based on age/salary/expectations.

I find it hard to believe that he will not reconsider his position this year and give us one of his finest seasons. If he cant do it because of his age, then i expect a very good season from him as the least.

If he doesnt do that and continues with poor preparation and performance, then i have to put the blame not only on him, but also on the front office that renewed his deal for 3 more seasons.

Quite agree with your statement, at least it is fair for last year.

But other than last year, Parker was one of the best players in spurs uniform in history. At least and like timmy and Manu we should give credit to this guy for what he did for the team.

Who are we for judging this guy? Are we teamates? Did we play in NBA one day? If Nba players, coachs, give credits to him, we should all do.

And by the way (not for you my friend but for all haters here.. ;)), most of the nominations Parker got for the all star game was by a vote from the west conference coachs, not from the public!!

Spurtacular
07-10-2015, 04:14 AM
Parker did not play like a top 10 PG last year as he was out of shape (due to injury / age?). But he compounded that issue by not adapting his game to his limited capacities. He was still trying to be the Spurs leading shot taker. My hope is that he returns to form or otherwise plays within his abilities. Perhaps, Pop should consider not starting him at times and light a fire under him.

Spurtacular
07-10-2015, 04:20 AM
Westbrook
Paul
Curry
Wall
Lillard
Irving
Parker7
Lowry
Bledsoe
Rose
Conley
Lawson
Evans
Teague
Hmmmm...wellllllll...I am a Spurs fan

First 6 are definitely better than Parker as far as individual abilities go. I'd have Conley and Rose ahead of him as well. Then after that, there are others who will likely have better seasons than Parker. He's probably on the outside looking in of top ten at this point. This is why Spurs fans rightfully acknowledge that Parker is a weak link right now. And I was really only speaking from the offensive side of it. If Parker is only playing as well as a middle of the pack PG, that's not very good because he is a defensive liability, more and more.

San Antonio Slayer
07-10-2015, 04:34 AM
Bledsoe and Rose r better than Tony 2015. hopefullly our man will be closer to 2013 shape.