PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Someone call he wammmmmmmmbulance for Parsons

djohn2oo8
07-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Definite plus to future free agents! Praise 'em if they sign, trash 'em if they don't!

Quote:
"He wasn't ready for being a franchise player. He was scared," Parsons said. "He was scared to take the next step in his career. There was no other reason other than that he was comfortable and he has friendships there. How you make a business decision like that is beyond me. How you ignore an owner like Mark who is in your hometown just waiting for a chance to talk to you is beyond me.

"I don't think he made a mistake. I think he'll be good in L.A. He's got a good team, he's got a great point guard, he's got Blake, but I think he could have been a superstar in Dallas. He could have been the man in Dallas. Never in a million years did I think that this was even a possibility.

"I'll still be friends with him, but I can't get over the way that he's put our entire franchise in jeopardy. It's normal to get cold feet. It's normal to get second thoughts, but you don't back out of a commitment of this much magnitude this late in the game and just leave us high and dry."

Jordan's decision to intentionally ignore Cuban, who traveled to Houston on Wednesday in anticipation of an 11th-hour meeting, particularly bothered Parsons.

"The kind of guy that he is, the kind of guy I thought he is, would never do something like that," Parsons said. "That's tough for me to swallow, just from the fact that I know how excited Mark was. I know how invested Mark has been throughout this whole process. That's what I don't get.

"Be a professional. Pick up the phone. If you're not going to meet with him, pick up the phone and tell the guy that you're committed to what you're feeling, what you're going through and maybe he can talk it out and help you. But do not ignore the guy. Do not make him sit there and sweat it out. That's just very unprofessional. I can't get over that part."

Parsons, who emphasized that message while visiting Jordan in Houston and Los Angeles in June, said he believes that Jordan became intimidated by the responsibilities of a starring role after committing to the Mavs.

"It's a lot of pressure," said Parsons, who had discussed with Jordan plans to play the rest of their careers together. "Maybe he got nerves about being a franchise player and having the pressure of leading a team. He's very comfortable in L.A. He can play behind Chris Paul, play behind Blake Griffin. That's what I thought he didn't want. Throughout the process, that's what he told me he didn't want. He wanted to take the next step in his career. He wanted to be the man on his team and build something special.

"That's why I was so into this, because it's the same thing I want. It's the same exact reasons I left Houston. That's why I thought was going to leave L.A. He was tired of being in the shadows. He wanted a bigger role. He wanted the attention he deserves, which is why it's so mind-blowing, because he's going back to the same exact thing that he wanted to leave for the last couple of weeks."
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...llas-mavericks
:lmao fegget

Mitch
07-09-2015, 05:47 PM
He recruited Dwight for you

Thread
07-09-2015, 06:25 PM
[[[Be a professional. Pick up the phone. If you're not going to meet with him, pick up the phone]]]

I don't understand the "phone" thing. It's needy then, and needy the day after. It's begging. Cuban knew it was over. over over --- what, you need to hear him say it so you can have that satisfaction, or, the opportunity to admonish him? He doesn't give a hoot in hell about you, or, what you think of him.

K...
07-09-2015, 06:31 PM
I'll be good friends with him if he gives me a cut of dirks $$$$

djohn2oo8
07-09-2015, 06:36 PM

If that's true, then why didn't Dwight want to come to the Rockets when it was just Parsons wason the team and not James?

Mitch
07-09-2015, 06:57 PM
If that's true, then why didn't Dwight want to come to the Rockets when it was just Parsons wason the team and not James?

He thought it would be cool to play with Kobe.

sook
07-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Good lord this dumbass wasn't 1% of the tool he is now in blue. Have some rep or cred before you run your mouth off.

HarlemHeat37
07-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Parsons is a pussy, but can't really disagree with him here..Jordan killed the Mavs' off season and should have a poor reputation across the league like Boozer did following his incident, tbh..

djohn2oo8
07-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Parsons is a pussy, but can't really disagree with him here..Jordan killed the Mavs' off season and should have a poor reputation across the league like Boozer did following his incident, tbh..

Parsons has no room to talk after trying to fuck Houston after his handshake deal.

BU MP
07-09-2015, 07:43 PM

I disagree that Jordan killed their offseason. Who would the Mavs have gotten had Jordan originally turned them down? Hibbert? R. Lopez? Kosta Koufus? :lol

None of those guys are serious difference makers. All Jordan did was toy with their emotions.

GuerillaBlack
07-09-2015, 07:54 PM

His "recruiting" is some of the most overhyped BS out there. Parsons was maybe reason number five that Dwight came.

Mitch
07-09-2015, 07:57 PM
His "recruiting" is some of the most overhyped BS out there. Parsons was maybe reason number five that Dwight came.

Eh, Parsons was calling the guy every night. He's basically the #1/2 reason.

Thread
07-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Eh, Parsons was calling the guy every night. He's basically the #1/2 reason.

A white man tryin' to pal up to a black guy. I hate it, Kool withstanding.

Mitch
07-09-2015, 08:01 PM
A white man tryin' to pal up to a black guy. I hate it, Kool withstanding.

:lol It's alright cub, as long as the white guy doesn't toss his identity out the window in the process.

Thread
07-09-2015, 08:02 PM
:lol It's alright cub, as long as the white guy doesn't toss his identity out the window in the process.

Yeah, but, the bastard made me do that exact thing in Vegas, AFTER he rifled my wallet.

Venti Quattro
07-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Definite plus to future free agents! Praise 'em if they sign, trash 'em if they don't!

Quote:
"He wasn't ready for being a franchise player. He was scared," Parsons said. "He was scared to take the next step in his career. There was no other reason other than that he was comfortable and he has friendships there. How you make a business decision like that is beyond me. How you ignore an owner like Mark who is in your hometown just waiting for a chance to talk to you is beyond me.

"I don't think he made a mistake. I think he'll be good in L.A. He's got a good team, he's got a great point guard, he's got Blake, but I think he could have been a superstar in Dallas. He could have been the man in Dallas. Never in a million years did I think that this was even a possibility.

"I'll still be friends with him, but I can't get over the way that he's put our entire franchise in jeopardy. It's normal to get cold feet. It's normal to get second thoughts, but you don't back out of a commitment of this much magnitude this late in the game and just leave us high and dry."

Jordan's decision to intentionally ignore Cuban, who traveled to Houston on Wednesday in anticipation of an 11th-hour meeting, particularly bothered Parsons.

"The kind of guy that he is, the kind of guy I thought he is, would never do something like that," Parsons said. "That's tough for me to swallow, just from the fact that I know how excited Mark was. I know how invested Mark has been throughout this whole process. That's what I don't get.

"Be a professional. Pick up the phone. If you're not going to meet with him, pick up the phone and tell the guy that you're committed to what you're feeling, what you're going through and maybe he can talk it out and help you. But do not ignore the guy. Do not make him sit there and sweat it out. That's just very unprofessional. I can't get over that part."

Parsons, who emphasized that message while visiting Jordan in Houston and Los Angeles in June, said he believes that Jordan became intimidated by the responsibilities of a starring role after committing to the Mavs.

"It's a lot of pressure," said Parsons, who had discussed with Jordan plans to play the rest of their careers together. "Maybe he got nerves about being a franchise player and having the pressure of leading a team. He's very comfortable in L.A. He can play behind Chris Paul, play behind Blake Griffin. That's what I thought he didn't want. Throughout the process, that's what he told me he didn't want. He wanted to take the next step in his career. He wanted to be the man on his team and build something special.

"That's why I was so into this, because it's the same thing I want. It's the same exact reasons I left Houston. That's why I thought was going to leave L.A. He was tired of being in the shadows. He wanted a bigger role. He wanted the attention he deserves, which is why it's so mind-blowing, because he's going back to the same exact thing that he wanted to leave for the last couple of weeks."
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...llas-mavericks
:lmao fegget

http://i59.tinypic.com/nf66mx.jpg

HarlemHeat37
07-09-2015, 08:15 PM
I disagree that Jordan killed their offseason. Who would the Mavs have gotten had Jordan originally turned them down? Hibbert? R. Lopez? Kosta Koufus? :lol

None of those guys are serious difference makers. All Jordan did was toy with their emotions.

I agree that none of them are difference makes, but they're all much better than Zaza Pachulia:lol..regardless, it's the principle of the matter, they focused most of their attention on Jordan as their big acquisition, he agreed, bitch move..

Treadmill team, regardless(probably a 5 seed if they had absolutely hit their ceiling with Jordan), obviously, but now they're a win-now team that is paying max money to Matthews and Parsons, yet will still miss the playoffs..

I wouldn't care if I was a Mavs fan, since I doubt any of you guys expected anything special, but I can understand Cuban/Parsons/Dirk being angry about it(especially Dirk, nigga has given up millions to play for mediocre teams:lol)..