PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Deron Williams reaches buyout, expected to sign 2 year 10 mil deal with Mavs

spurraider21
07-10-2015, 04:14 PM
:lol Cuban

spurraider21
07-10-2015, 04:15 PM

spurraider21
07-10-2015, 04:16 PM

m>s
07-10-2015, 04:16 PM
2 years 10 mil isn't bad? I don't get what's funny

Buddy Mignon
07-10-2015, 04:17 PM

:lmao

Spur-Addict
07-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Better question is, what does this mean for Joe Johnson?

m>s
07-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Lol naruto

m>s
07-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Why don't you just sign him too for the vet min the Spurs are getting everyone else

Killakobe81

If he has ANYTHING left not a bad deal ...
I think only concern here is he has been injury prone with bad ankles.
Parsons had microfracture
Matthews a knee tear ...

That is banking on a lot of unhealthy guys to produce. But if they are healthy by February maybe Mavs can sneak in to the 8th spot. They have a top 2 coach and Dirk may have something left. Considering how bad things looked Wednesday night ... I think they did OK with him Pachulia ...

But why pay Matthews max?

Findog
:lol Cuban

You have a better option in mind than this guy at the price they paid? I have no illusions about the Mavs being contenders. I admire putting together a competitive team after being ghosted by DeCoward.

Killakobe81
07-10-2015, 04:21 PM

Nets pick is unprotected and owed they need to make playoffs or get close.

Findog
07-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Matthews a knee tear ...

That is banking on a lot of unhealthy guys to produce. But if they are healthy by February maybe Mavs can sneak in to the 8th spot. They have a top 2 coach and Dirk may have something left. Considering how bad things looked Wednesday night ... I think they did OK with him Pachulia ...

1) Where did you get your information that Parsons had microfracture? The only thing I can find is that he refused to answer the question when asked directly. That's not a confirmation.

2) Wes agreed to take less when DAJ initially agreed to come here. When he backed out, they gave him the max with the unused cap space. I don't agree with it, but that's why they did it.

m>s
07-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Matthews a knee tear ...

Ugh I don't know why they gave him more money for no reason that was stupid

Killakobe81
07-10-2015, 04:26 PM
1) Where did you get your information that Parsons had microfracture? The only thing I can find is that he refused to answer the question when asked directly. That's not a confirmation.

2) Wes agreed to take less when DAJ initially agreed to come here. When he backed out, they gave him the max with the unused cap space. I don't agree with it, but that's why they did it.

Original story:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/12776760/chandler-parsons-dallas-mavericks-need-microfracture

Does say it may end up arthroscopic but that was what we were originally told. Like Broussard, if my "sauces" were wrong I apologize.

InTheCrust
:cry Double D Dynasty

Spur-Addict
Why don't you just sign him too for the vet min the Spurs are getting everyone else

Would like Dirk for the minimum, please lobby Cuban to buy him out. Thanks.

Killakobe81
07-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Nets pick is unprotected and owed they need to make playoffs or get close.

Boston has the pick ...That damn Ainge. He has Mavs is outside of top 7 and nets no matter what ...
KI need both teams to be decent ...please.

Killakobe81
07-10-2015, 04:33 PM

and this ...

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/chandler-parsons-won-t-provide-details-on-his-knee-surgery-052615

IF was not micro and just artho ...why wouldnt you just say so? Micro is worse traditionally.

spursistan
07-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Carlisle is so getting run out of town :lol

Silver&Black
07-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Lol naruto

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

m>s
07-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Carlisle is so getting run out of town :lol
Won't happen, they said they want Carlisle to be our jerry Sloan and coach here for 22 years

m>s
07-10-2015, 04:36 PM
Would like Dirk for the minimum, please lobby Cuban to buy him out. Thanks.
How about giving us Duncan Aldridge mills leonard diaw

baseline bum
07-10-2015, 04:37 PM
$5 million a year for a below average starting point guard is about right. Too bad the Spurs are paying $14 million for their's.

Spur-Addict
07-10-2015, 04:38 PM
How about giving us Duncan Aldridge mills leonard diaw

I never heard of the language you are speaking.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 04:40 PM
I hate Williams and he doesn't have much left, but can't complain at 5 mil per year, pretty good deal, tbh..

As BB said, the Spurs are paying 14 mil for a similar player(they're probably around equals, at this point)..

Findog
07-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Won't happen, they said they want Carlisle to be our jerry Sloan and coach here for 22 years

I'd love that, but he might not have the stomach to coach a lottery team. Especially when any number of teams that don't have a Popovich would love to have him.

AlexJones
07-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Seriously, Carlisle is probably gone next year.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Carlisle should at least look at other options..realistically, the Mavs' future looks bleak, and they can't seem to draw marquee FAs for whatever reason(mystery, seems like Houston attracts them easier, and Dallas is a nicer city than Houston)..sure, they have been the most consistent franchise of the post-DK era behind the Spurs, but getting a top 3 PF of all-time like Dirk may not ever happen again..

BU MP
07-10-2015, 04:48 PM

rofl

Findog
07-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Carlisle should at least look at other options..realistically, the Mavs' future looks bleak, and they can't seem to draw marquee FAs for whatever reason(mystery, seems like Houston attracts them easier, and Dallas is a nicer city than Houston)..sure, they have been the most consistent franchise of the post-DK era behind the Spurs, but getting a top 3 PF of all-time like Dirk may not ever happen again..

It's impossible to say what the Mavs future looks like. It could be a long, long time before they get a transformative player in the draft and they're terrible for a long time. Or through a series of shrewd moves, they could rebuild quickly. I think ownership and management is probably the most important factor. It's why Spurs fans shouldn't have worried even if they didn't get LMA. The Mavs are not quite on the Spurs level as an organization, but they're not the Knicks or Kings either.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 04:49 PM
It's impossible to say what the Mavs future looks like. It could be a long, long time before they get a transformative player in the draft and they're terrible for a long time. Or through a series of shrewd moves, they could rebuild quickly. I think ownership and management is probably the most important. It's why Spurs fans shouldn't have worried even if they didn't get LMA. The Mavs are not on the Spurs level as an organization, but they're not the Knicks or Kings either.

Parsons and Matthews automatically limit their ceiling to 2nd round exit(if everything goes right) IMO..winning in the NBA by building around offensive-minded SFs doesn't get you far, and Matthews' injury makes his chances of reverting to form slim IMO(only 3 guys in NBA history have successfully recovered, and 1 of those was just a partial tear)..

Carlisle is the 2nd best coach in the NBA and has shown his system can make players look better than they actually are, I wouldn't blame him for pursuing teams with less question marks..

Kyle Orton
07-10-2015, 04:50 PM
We are fucked.

m>s
07-10-2015, 04:52 PM
We are fucked.
Dude have we ever not been a playoff team in your lifetime? I seriously don't think so Lol. I'm barely old enough to remember some of the old late 90s shit squads. We have been spoiled :cry

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 04:55 PM
This may be the first year I've ever believed the Mavs would miss the playoffs, tbh:lol..would be kind of weird..

Findog
07-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Parsons and Matthews automatically limit their ceiling to 2nd round exit(if everything goes right) IMO..winning in the NBA by building around offensive-minded SFs doesn't get you far, and Matthews' injury makes his chances of reverting to form slim IMO(only 3 guys in NBA history have successfully recovered, and 1 of those was just a partial tear)..

Carlisle is the 2nd best coach in the NBA and has shown his system can make players look better than they actually are, I wouldn't blame him for pursuing teams with less question marks..

With the cap going up they are not limited to Parsons and Matthews being their best players. Honestly, tanking is no guarantee of success. There's not a Durant, Curry or LeBron in the draft every year, and having the worst record doesn't guarantee you the top pick. They should probably take a page from Ainge and Morey and start stockpiling trade assets. That's how the Celtics got KG and the Rockets got Harden. When contract talks broke down between Harden and OKC, Morey had an enticing enough package to get him. And then because Harden was already there, it was easier to convince Howard to come. Cap space alone is not enticing enough to free agents. There has to be a foundation there that is enticing enough.

djohn2oo8
07-10-2015, 05:03 PM
:lol Deron had to be physically held back from hitting Hollins because he wouldn't discuss personnel moves with him

Findog
07-10-2015, 05:05 PM
This isn't a bad move at all if he plays like he did against the Hawks in the first round, especially for the money. The problem with him is that he's been fat and lazy with a shitty attitude for so long. Maybe the motivation of getting one last decent contract will inspire better play.

Vince Carter dogged it for Orlando and Phoenix but was a model citizen and productive player in Dallas. Let's see how it goes. For the money this is a risk-free move.

Spur-Addict
07-10-2015, 05:08 PM
:lol Deron had to be physically held back from hitting Hollins because he wouldn't discuss personnel moves with him

:lol Fuck Hollins.

AlexJones
07-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Vince Carter dogged it for Orlando and Phoenix but was a model citizen and productive player in Dallas. Let's see how it goes. For the money this is a risk-free move.

Yep, credit goes to RC as well for helping reinvent him into a 2-way player. Honestly, he;s Dirk's best teammate post-title.

Kyle Orton
07-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Dude have we ever not been a playoff team in your lifetime? I seriously don't think so Lol. I'm barely old enough to remember some of the old late 90s shit squads. We have been spoiled :cry
Tbh we have been a playoff team since like 2002 when I was in fucking 2nd or 3rd grade lol. end of an era tbh :(

i dont see us getting anywhere in the near future either. Donnie and Mark suck dick at drafting and we have no talent at all besides some players coming off injuries. We reaped the benefits of the roster don Nelson built but we will go back to shit :cry

DPG21920
07-10-2015, 05:25 PM
With the cap going up they are not limited to Parsons and Matthews being their best players. Honestly, tanking is no guarantee of success. There's not a Durant, Curry or LeBron in the draft every year, and having the worst record doesn't guarantee you the top pick. They should probably take a page from Ainge and Morey and start stockpiling trade assets. That's how the Celtics got KG and the Rockets got Harden. When contract talks broke down between Harden and OKC, Morey had an enticing enough package to get him. And then because Harden was already there, it was easier to convince Howard to come. Cap space alone is not enticing enough to free agents. There has to be a foundation there that is enticing enough.

If Dirk was closer to his prime I would agree, but to Harlem's point, think about it like this:

Unless you landed players like LaMarcus Aldridge & Lillard (which is really tough obviously), a fully healthy Wes Matthews & Batum (sort of same degree of player as Parsons) still were a second round team - but mostly first round. Even with having stars like LMA/Lillard.

You would likely have to hope Parsons/Wes both fully recover (big if) & if they do, you would have to get two players better than them that likely have more talent than LMA/Lillard for example (which isn't really easy).

It's not a bad thing to have Wes/Parsons, but when they are a big piece of your team (more Parsons, less Wes) then you really have to build it well and have a lot of talent elsewhere too.

If you had a prime Dirk with them, then sure, that would be better than LMA.

DPG21920
07-10-2015, 05:28 PM
But with Dwill, this is a no brainer move. It's below the mid-level exception type money for Deron and there is no risk. Not going to be great anyways, but at least this means it's not super tank mode for Dirk. Plus things can change fast if things work out on the top end and DAL lands a star next year.

djohn2oo8
07-10-2015, 05:34 PM
But with Dwill, this is a no brainer move. It's below the mid-level exception type money for Deron and there is no risk. Not going to be great anyways, but at least this means it's not super tank mode for Dirk. Plus things can change fast if things work out on the top end and DAL lands a star next year.
They will lose their draft pick.

Sean Cagney
07-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Tbh we have been a playoff team since like 2002 when I was in fucking 2nd or 3rd grade lol. end of an era tbh :(

i dont see us getting anywhere in the near future either. Donnie and Mark suck dick at drafting and we have no talent at all besides some players coming off injuries. We reaped the benefits of the roster don Nelson built but we will go back to shit :cry
Didn't Dallas just miss the playoffs 3 years ago? I could be wrong but Dirk was hurt and they were out of the playoffs I believe.

spursistan
07-10-2015, 05:36 PM
the problem with trying to stay an enticing, fringe playoffs team is that Cuban has proved to be a terrible Free agency recruiter for like 4 years now, so he is going likely to keep a pseudo-competitive team for another couple of years until Dirk hangs them up..Meanwhile, it would have been more useful to dip down the lottery and see what you can get while waiting until the West competition waters down .

DPG21920
07-10-2015, 05:40 PM
They will lose their draft pick.

While it likely improves them, I don't know if it was at all guaranteed that DAL would lose that pick even w/ no Dwill.

LkrFan
07-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Would be funny as shit if he signs with the Clipps! :lol

m>s
07-10-2015, 06:04 PM
We reaped the benefits of the roster don Nelson built but we will go back to shit :cry
That's what I've been saying, people forget it was don Nelson who traded for Dirk, drafted josh and Devin, what has Cuban done besides trade for Tyson on accident? Remember he wanted to move Tyson before the deadline at first, before he saw how well the team was performing.

Kim Jong-il
07-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Matthews a knee tear ...

They told Wes they'd give him a max deal if DeAndre didn't sign. He agreed to take less if DeAndre did go to Dallas. It was all arranged before DeAndre even picked Dallas, and before the Classless Bitchasses got him back. Afterwards, unlike DeAndre, the Mavs kept their word to Wes to give him a max deal.

Blake
07-10-2015, 06:08 PM
http://www.jeffpearlman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Screen-Shot-2014-07-11-at-11.22.15-AM.png

Cuban was seen driving frantic around jersey

Mark Celibate
07-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Just like BUMP said the other night we're in a situation similar to the 09' one, everything looked doomed back then too and no one (except Ghazi of course) believed we would have any chance to win a championship in Dirk's era given the retarded moves by our FO, but we did it somehow just two years later. The same applies to Spurs of the same period imho, after being a 1st and 2nd round quitter for consecutive years, most Spurs fans thought they would never win a ring again in the era of Duncan who was already on the wrong side of 35. But they still managed to win it last year and are about to win it again next year. Just a couple of days ago our team seemed just as mediocre as the Lakers, but with our nigga Deron back home, the road ahead starts to turn bright again. Just have faith and never lose hope, tbh.

Walter Donovan
07-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Can't fault the Mavs for giving it a shot. It's pretty clear they don't want Dirk's final seasons with the team to be tank years.

ElNono
07-10-2015, 06:23 PM
I think Rick will help Deron immensely, tbh... that's not a bad deal at $5m per either...

Spurs9
07-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Good deal keeping in mind Cubanwas trying to pay max in the past.

The Third Man
07-10-2015, 11:13 PM
The Mavericks will be fine. Cuban is shrewd and has a powerful agent in Fegan to funnel him talent. What they need to address is their lousy talent evaluation in the draft and in lower level free agency. The reason the Spurs are so consistent is they have developed talent from all over and outside the draft. The Mavericks just have not been able to do that well enough.

07-11-2015, 03:26 AM
Zaza Pachulia was acquired to be their center

GuerillaBlack
07-11-2015, 05:10 AM

Houston is more attractive for ballers than Dallas is. Then strip clubs.

callo1
07-11-2015, 08:23 AM
Poor attitude and cancer that I wouldn't sign for under the veterans minimum. He wanted to go to Dallas where there will be no pressure to win, but in the end I can see him and Carlisle not working well together at all.

Coming off a horrendous shooting year as far as percentages go (38.7% from 2pt.). His ball handling is suspect, and like Pierce said, he is afraid of taking big shots.

The second he gets worked over by another guard he cries injury.

I honestly hope is works well for Mavs fans. Even though I do not like their franchise because of Cuban, I have sympathy for them after the Jordan fiasco. I respect Dirk and hope either Cuban lets him walk (don't know if Dirk would), or they are actually to piece meal a competitive team together.

Go Mavs...never thought I would say that, but my heart goes out to my Texas brothers.

07-14-2015, 08:28 PM
http://www.si.com/nba/2015/07/14/dallas-mavericks-sign-deron-williams

Restacked, tbh

Thread
07-14-2015, 08:50 PM
He can't or won't play day-to-day, toilin' like a man. But, watch him now in special circumstance. I hope he rips his knee six ways to Sunday.

07-14-2015, 09:02 PM
He can't or won't play day-to-day, toilin' like a man. But, watch him now in special circumstance. I hope he rips his knee six ways to Sunday.
That's chickenshit, cubby.