PDA

View Full Version : Heat: They look like the 3rd best East team....

spursistan
07-10-2015, 05:04 PM
on paper.....

Wade/Bosh/Dragic/Whiteside/Winslow

Haslem/Deng/G.Green/Amare

If they stay healthy and don't finish as top 6 seed in the East look for rumbling about Spoelstra getting exposed without Lebron to be a major theme..I read that Riley has let it be known to Spo that he needs to expand his playbook and bring in assistants wih different and new ideas at the end of last season..

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Their ceiling is #2 team in the East, but I don't really believe they will live up to the hype..Wade's health + the terrible Luol Deng will hold them back IMO..

Would be cool to see a Cavs-Heat series, though..

spursistan
07-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Their ceiling is #2 team in the East, but I don't really believe they will live up to the hype..Wade's health + the terrible Luol Deng will hold them back IMO..

Would be cool to see a Cavs-Heat series, though..

You think Spo position will come under scrutiny if they underwhelm while staying healthy for most part? I mean if they are going to be fighting for 7th or 8th seed with likes of Boston and Detroit, you gotta look at the coaching part..

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 05:19 PM
A lot of Heat fans turned on him, this year, but Riley still loves him IIRC..I'd say ya, though, because the perception of NBA rosters is largely based on the names on the roster, rather than ability..look at the Bulls, their roster was full of big names that were all on the decline, other than Jimmy Butler, yet they received a lot of criticism for underachieving, despite having a terribly flawed roster..

Texas_Ranger
07-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Wade's ISO ball will fuck them up.

Mark Celibate
07-10-2015, 05:52 PM
If they're only the 3rd best, who're the 2nd tbh?

spursistan
07-10-2015, 05:54 PM
^ i would say still Atlanta..

Infinite_limit
07-10-2015, 06:17 PM
^ i would say still Atlanta..
Bulls were better than Hawks last season

D-Wade
07-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Wade's ISO ball will fuck them up.

You misspelled Kobe

TXstbobcat
07-10-2015, 07:58 PM
In that crappy eastern conference isn't that like being called one of the 3 tallest dwarfs.

spursistan
11-22-2015, 11:41 AM
....against an easy, home-heavy schedule, the only bright thing has been their defense.. the offense has been quite unwatchable with Wade-Dragic backcourt..the latter looks like he has checkout after getting paid max (11 PER) :lol..

From what I've seen, i think Chicago is clearly better than them, and maybe even the Hawks ..they will end up fighting for 4-6 seed position with Raptors/Wizards/Boston/Indiana..

D-Wade
11-22-2015, 01:09 PM
....against an easy, home-heavy schedule, the only bright thing has been their defense.. the offense has been quite unwatchable with Wade-Dragic backcourt..the latter looks like he has checkout after getting paid max (11 PER) :lol..

From what I've seen, i think Chicago is clearly better than them, and maybe even the Hawks ..they will end up fighting for 4-6 seed position with Raptors/Wizards/Boston/Indiana..

Dragic hasn't checked out... he's just bad. And Wade and Bosh never put good games together on the same night. Whiteside is continuing to come along though and our bench brings good energy. Cleveland, Chicago, Hawks and Toronto (on their good days) are still better for now.

spursistan
12-22-2015, 11:05 PM
bump..

this team has probably the biggest fools good record at 16-11. they played double as many home games (12-6) as road ones (4-5) and are currently 5th seed but with only 7th best point differential in the East..I expect them to be ensconced in bottom seed area once the schedule even out..If this is who they are come March, there is no reason to believe they aren't a 1st round fodder..Dragic fit hasn't really worked there..

baseline bum
12-22-2015, 11:18 PM
Amazing that Dragic's contract is going to cost them Whiteside. Not that Whiteside is taking them anywhere anyways.