TheSanityAnnex
07-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Landed these five for the price of what they offered Wes Mathews

Rajon Rondo
Kosta Koufos
Marco Belinelli
Caron Butler
Omri Casspi

Still have just under 5 mil to spend and if they are able to land Josh Smith I can see this team grabbing the 8th seed.

Not a bad first offseason for the Vladefather.

Donkeybong
07-10-2015, 06:16 PM

Rajon Rondo
Kosta Koufos
Marco Belinelli
Caron Butler
Omri Casspi

Still have just under 5 mil to spend and if they are able to land Josh Smith I can see this team grabbing the 8th seed.

other than the yamaka, not bad pickups

DPG21920
They had an awful off season IMVHO.

Mitch
Should have kicked them to Seattle

Walter Donovan
And their coach is about to get fired

Walter Donovan
Should have kicked them to Seattle

YES

ElNono
07-10-2015, 06:20 PM
terrific and Rondo never go in the same sentence, tbh

Chris
07-10-2015, 06:26 PM
I agree they had a pretty good offseason considering what was available for them. I got laughed at for calling them a dark horse for a lower seed, but we will find out soon enough.

baseline bum
07-10-2015, 06:26 PM
:lol Karl shitting all over Boogie
:lol Ranadive thinking cherry picking is a legit NBA defense
:lol Stauskas
:lol FAs treating Vlade like he has AIDS

Mark Celibate
07-10-2015, 06:29 PM
And they managed to keep DMC.

TheSanityAnnex
07-10-2015, 06:46 PM
They had an awful off season IMVHO.
How so?

Robz4000
07-10-2015, 06:51 PM
How so?

The two most obvious are signing Rondo and the giant rift between Karl and Cousins tbh. There's also the fact that out of the five players you listed the only potential positive impact player is Beli and that's only with strong defenders around him, which Sacramento is clearly lacking. If you guys get Josh Smith I'd be surprised if the team made it to New Years before a fight breaks out in the locker room and/or Malice in the Palace Pt. II happens.

DPG21920
07-10-2015, 06:53 PM
The trade Vlade made giving up all those picks was incredibly stupid. Then on top of that, he signed guys that while they improve the team some, aren't long-term type players (Rondo) with very little upside in a competitive West. So now you hurt your lottery chances while not being that good & sacrficied a big part of your future with that trade.

spurraider21
07-10-2015, 06:55 PM
the Karl-Cousins thing just paints Sacto as a completely dysfunctional mess... just like the raiders during the Al Davis era

Earl
07-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Just ship the team to Seattle.

random21
07-10-2015, 07:08 PM
The Kings will still suck.... Prob the 11th best team in the West...

TheSanityAnnex
07-10-2015, 07:09 PM
The trade Vlade made giving up all those picks was incredibly stupid. Then on top of that, he signed guys that while they improve the team some, aren't long-term type players (Rondo) with very little upside in a competitive West. So now you hurt your lottery chances while not being that good & sacrficied a big part of your future with that trade.
I don't think you've read the details if you think it is "all those picks". By the time those picks come around the Kings will have turned it around (what Vlade is banking on) and they'll be late first rounders. Vlade had to build a winner now to keep Cousins, a first round pick in 2018 means very little now in the grand scheme of things. The Kings have been in the lottery for almost a decade, they needed vets and they got them.

TheSanityAnnex
07-10-2015, 07:12 PM
The two most obvious are signing Rondo and the giant rift between Karl and Cousins tbh. There's also the fact that out of the five players you listed the only potential positive impact player is Beli and that's only with strong defenders around him, which Sacramento is clearly lacking. If you guys get Josh Smith I'd be surprised if the team made it to New Years before a fight breaks out in the locker room and/or Malice in the Palace Pt. II happens.
Before Cousins went down last year with viral meningitis the Kings were a top 5 defensive team. Surprising but true. The Kings sucked last year because they had the worst bench in the league. The 5 guys I listed are upgrades at every single position. The bench is now Collison, Belinelli, Casspi, Koufus/Cauley-Stein. That's a solid second unit.

TheSanityAnnex
07-10-2015, 07:14 PM
the Karl-Cousins thing just paints Sacto as a completely dysfunctional mess... just like the raiders during the Al Davis era
I'd be happy to see Karl get the boot. He's caused drama at every team he's been with. But if he and cousins can put their petty shit aside I'd like to see what they can do. Rondo will be much better in Karl's system than he was in Carlise's.

Robz4000
07-10-2015, 07:19 PM
Before Cousins went down last year with viral meningitis the Kings were a top 5 defensive team. Surprising but true. The Kings sucked last year because they had the worst bench in the league. The 5 guys I listed are upgrades at every single position. The bench is now Collison, Belinelli, Casspi, Koufus/Cauley-Stein. That's a solid second unit.

Your coach at the time was also a defensive-minded coach that instilled the defensive properties he had previously instilled in the current NBA champions. The Kings' roster has some talent (mostly due to Cousins), but most of it will be on the offensive end. As for the bench, Collison and Beli will be a horrible fit; as much as I hate Rondo, in this situation the Kings would be much better off with him on that bench unit.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Could be an 8th seed on paper, but obviously a potential disaster with Karl/Cousins/Rondo in the same locker room:lol..

I like the role players they added(assuming Caron Butler doesn't play, he's terrible), but I don't see Gay and Rondo fitting well together, at all..Gay can't shoot and needs the ball to be effective, while Rondo is completely useless without the ball(and even when he has it, isn't that good anymore)..

I'm a little biased, though, I absolutely detest everything about Rondo..he's so bad..

Shane27
07-10-2015, 07:40 PM
I agree they had a pretty good offseason considering what was available for them. I got laughed at for calling them a dark horse for a lower seed, but we will find out soon enough.

People forget that they were playing decently well before Boogie got hurt. If the team doesn't implode on itself I could see them competing with the pelicans, suns, mavs, and Jazz for the 8 seed.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 07:47 PM
^^ maybe, but a lot of teams start off well and fizzle out in the NBA, happens every single season, tbh..

When you add Rondo to your team, you're limiting your offensive ceiling, regardless of teammates, too..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-10-2015, 07:53 PM
^^ maybe, but a lot of teams start off well and fizzle out in the NBA, happens every single season, tbh..

When you add Rondo to your team, you're limiting your offensive ceiling, regardless of teammates, too..

Rondo doesn't deserve the full blame for his Dallas stint, tbh.. Ellis was just as big, if not a bigger cancer. He didn't really give Rondo a chance to play his game.

KaiRMD1
07-10-2015, 08:01 PM
And they kept Cousins instead of sending him to LA.

baseline bum
07-10-2015, 08:02 PM

:lol Michael Carter-Williams got a ROY from a hot stretch to begin the year.

JamStone
07-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Take away Rondo as one of the off season moves, and I'd agree.

Adding him into the equation, overall negative off season.

TheSanityAnnex
07-10-2015, 08:40 PM

They didn't just start well, they started well against an absolutely brutal schedule.

TheSanityAnnex
07-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Take away Rondo as one of the off season moves, and I'd agree.

Adding him into the equation, overall negative off season.

I'm looking past Rondo from last year as Carlise is not a PG's coach. Karl will let Rondo be Rondo ala good Celtics Rondo. Cousins also wanted Rondo so whatever keeps the big guy happy.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Karl and Rondo have different philosophies on basketball, though..we'll see what type of compromise they make, and I'll be very interested to see how he fits with Gay, can't imagine their styles of play meshing well..we'll see, I suppose, I think the Kings would be better with Collison starting(although he probably isn't a legit starter) IMO..

spursistan
07-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Karl is sure an overrated coach but he is by no mean out of his depth..If they got Lawson instead of Rondo and If he clears the air with Cousins, i think they would make a legit push for 8th seed which is going to be dogfight with UTAH/PHX/Dallas..We'll see but chances is that he's gone from there after bad start..

Kim Jong-il
07-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Karl will let Rondo be Rondo ala good Celtics Rondo.
Yeah but will Rondo let Rondo be Rondo?

TheSanityAnnex
07-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Yeah but will Rondo let Rondo be Rondo?
If he doesn't the Kings are only the hook for 1 year. This is Rondo's last chance at a decent contract, he's got to play well if he wants to get paid.

TheSanityAnnex
07-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Karl and Rondo have different philosophies on basketball, though..we'll see what type of compromise they make, and I'll be very interested to see how he fits with Gay, can't imagine their styles of play meshing well..we'll see, I suppose, I think the Kings would be better with Collison starting(although he probably isn't a legit starter) IMO..
It'll definitely be an interesting season for the Kings regardless of how successful they are.

ducks
07-10-2015, 09:33 PM
They are Matthews turned them down to play in dallas
But overall with all bad press very good

Mr Bones
07-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Only if you believe character and maturity don't matter one bit could you say the Kings have had a good year... complete opposite philosophy of the Spurs...

Dro210
07-10-2015, 09:41 PM
They have put together a decent little 2nd unit, and Boogie is an absolute beast... but Rondo and Gay in the same starting lineup? Nah. Way too much cancer, Kings ain't goin anywhere.

Who's the starting PF if they don't land Smiff? WCS? Who would be his backup?

If it wouldn't put him in the position of losing too many shots to the blackhole known as Rudy Joto, I'd start Beli at the 2 over McLemore... but with him around it'd be a bit of a waste, probably better to just have Beli's scoring off the bench.

Rondo
McLemore
Gay
Smiff
Boogie

That squad has NO gel.

TheSanityAnnex
07-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Only if you believe character and maturity don't matter one bit could you say the Kings have had a good year... complete opposite philosophy of the Spurs...
Once hired Vlade reached out to Popovich and was taken under his wing. I see good things coming from their meetings.

TheSanityAnnex
07-10-2015, 10:10 PM
They have put together a decent little 2nd unit, and Boogie is an absolute beast... but Rondo and Gay in the same starting lineup? Nah. Way too much cancer, Kings ain't goin anywhere.

Who's the starting PF if they don't land Smiff? WCS? Who would be his backup?

If it wouldn't put him in the position of losing too many shots to the blackhole known as Rudy Joto, I'd start Beli at the 2 over McLemore... but with him around it'd be a bit of a waste, probably better to just have Beli's scoring off the bench.

Rondo
McLemore
Gay
Smiff
Boogie

That squad has NO gel.
You realize Rondo and Gay are very good friends and Gay helped convince Rondo to come to the Kings? Agreed with Belinelli off the bench, last years had zero scoring. Collision and Belinelli will provide plenty.

Mnky
07-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Good off season. Free agent pickings were pretty slim this year. Top tier were all pretty Much sold where they wanted to go. Step in the right direction for sure

07-11-2015, 01:11 AM
The Kings FO shit the bed when they fired Mike Malone.

Cousins enjoyed playing for him, the Kings got off to a nice start and then dumped him despite the fact that injuries are what sent them into the nosedive and not anything he did.

Then, they go out and hire Karl, who they were not completely sold on even before taking the risk.

They won't get any better if they don't hire people that are committed to putting a winning product on the floor.

callo1
07-11-2015, 08:34 AM
If they can bring it all together, they could possibly squeak in as an 8th seed, but the real key is chemistry. Will Cousins be able to accept his role in the offence. I have no doubts that GK can turn that team around if given the chance.

hater
07-11-2015, 10:27 AM
How much they paying Ronda?

Anything over 2 mil a year and its a fucking disaster :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2015, 10:36 AM
How much they paying Ronda?

Anything over 2 mil a year and its a fucking disaster :lol

:lol..

DeadlyDynasty
07-11-2015, 10:52 AM
It's like a time machine back to 2010 spurstalk, when every gnsf had banal takes like this^

benefactor
07-11-2015, 10:54 AM
It's like a time machine back to 2010 spurstalk, when every gnsf had banal takes like this^
He's a terrible poster. He was upstairs crying about the forum needing m:cryre m:cryderation.

Chinook
07-11-2015, 11:27 AM
I don't think you've read the details if you think it is "all those picks". By the time those picks come around the Kings will have turned it around (what Vlade is banking on) and they'll be late first rounders. Vlade had to build a winner now to keep Cousins, a first round pick in 2018 means very little now in the grand scheme of things. The Kings have been in the lottery for almost a decade, they needed vets and they got them.

That's what every team that trades picks thinks. Sometimes it works; other times it's like the Lakers giving up a potential top-5 pick (plus three other picks) for Nash. I don't disagree that it was time for SAC to stop playing the lottery. I just think they overpaid for what they were getting rid of. Thompson and Stauskas had at least neutral value. Landry shouldn't have been THAT hard to dump, or the team could have stretched him and still had room to make their signings. Giving up picks when you don't have to is silly, or matter what team-building philosophy you follow.

I don't care for the Kings' off-season. Loading up on vets that don't fit together isn't going to instantly improve the team. They should have focused on making smart, low-key acquisitions like they did with Gay. Maybe the Pelicans would have entertained Gordon for Stauskas and Landry. They they would have been able to dump Thompson for a potential asset and sign Rondo for cheap.

TheSanityAnnex
07-11-2015, 12:10 PM
That's what every team that trades picks thinks. Sometimes it works; other times it's like the Lakers giving up a potential top-5 pick (plus three other picks) for Nash. I don't disagree that it was time for SAC to stop playing the lottery. I just think they overpaid for what they were getting rid of. Thompson and Stauskas had at least neutral value. Landry shouldn't have been THAT hard to dump, or the team could have stretched him and still had room to make their signings. Giving up picks when you don't have to is silly, or matter what team-building philosophy you follow.

I don't care for the Kings' off-season. Loading up on vets that don't fit together isn't going to instantly improve the team. They should have focused on making smart, low-key acquisitions like they did with Gay. Maybe the Pelicans would have entertained Gordon for Stauskas and Landry. They they would have been able to dump Thompson for a potential asset and sign Rondo for cheap.
rondo/bellinelli/koufos/butler/Cauley-stein isn't an instant improvement over Stauskas/Thompson/Landry???

Clipper Nation
07-11-2015, 12:18 PM
:lol Hard to believe GNSF still tries to push the "class" line unironically after Alvin Robertson, Enrique and Gary Neal :lol

Chinook
07-11-2015, 12:21 PM
rondo/bellinelli/koufos/butler/Cauley-stein isn't an instant improvement over Stauskas/Thompson/Landry???

WCS isn't a vet. Would have had him anyway. Same goes for Koufos and Butler, even though Bulter sucks. The Kings gave up Stauskas and at least one pick to shave $15.8 Million off their cap only give give Beli and Rondo contracts with a combined cap hit of about $16 Million. So do I think a trade of Stauskas, Landry, Thompson, a first and two swaps for Rondo and Beli is an improvement? Not much at all.

TheSanityAnnex
07-11-2015, 01:01 PM
WCS isn't a vet. Would have had him anyway. Same goes for Koufos and Butler, even though Bulter sucks. The Kings gave up Stauskas and at least one pick to shave $15.8 Million off their cap only give give Beli and Rondo contracts with a combined cap hit of about $16 Million. So do I think a trade of Stauskas, Landry, Thompson, a first and two swaps for Rondo and Beli is an improvement? Not much at all.

Instant contributions from everyone picked up this year, I don't think you understand how bad the bench was last year, and how worthless Thompson was a starting PF. I'm really not concerned with the future picks, it was go all in and try and win now or lose Cousins. I'm fully on board with win now. I really think the Kings will surprise a lot of people. Sign Gay and Rondo's buddy Smith and keep him in his role like the Rockets did and the 8th seed is well within reach. Barring a Karl/Cousins meltdown where I'd expect Karl fired immediately. Vlade has publicly put the rift between them out there, Karl is on thin ice. I wish they'd fire him now and get Thibs, this team has shown they can play defense under the right coach.

TheSanityAnnex
07-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Embiid is out the whole year. Sucks for him but makes the pick swaps even more less likely.

DAF86
07-11-2015, 01:52 PM

Rajon Rondo
Kosta Koufos
Marco Belinelli
Caron Butler
Omri Casspi

Not to be a dick, but I think you will be just as bad as last season, tbh.

TheSanityAnnex
07-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Not to be a dick, but I think you will be just as bad as last season, tbh.

With no major injuries to starters that would be impossible. There is just too much talent to be just as bad, regardless of wether that talent meshes or not.

DAF86
07-11-2015, 02:31 PM
With no major injuries to starters that would be impossible. There is just too much talent to be just as bad, regardless of wether that talent meshes or not.

You have names like Rondo and Gay but their skillsets don't relate to winning basketball anymore. I would be very surprised to see this Kings team as a borderline playoffs team but I guess we will have to wait and see.

TheSanityAnnex
07-11-2015, 02:41 PM
You have names like Rondo and Gay but their skillsets don't relate to winning basketball anymore. I would be very surprised to see this Kings team as a borderline playoffs team but I guess we will have to wait and see.
Gay had one of the best years of his career playing as Cousins' #2. Rondo won't be needed for scoring similar to when he was with the Celtics. He's still an extremely smart PG.

wait and see is right though, I haven't been this excited about this team in a long while. I've wanted Cauley-Stein next to Cousims for the last two years.

m>s
07-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Who's starting at SG and C now? Rondo/??/gay/??/cousins

spurraider21
07-11-2015, 02:47 PM
McLemore at the 2

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Gay was pretty nice last year, rejuvenated and finally remembered how to shoot, he's a net positive nowadays IMO..Rondo is the much larger concern..

TheSanityAnnex
07-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Who's starting at SG and C now? Rondo/??/gay/??/cousins
SG-McLemore
PF-Cauly-Stein or Cousins
C- Cousins or Koufus

lot of versatility with this roster, especially with Gay being able to slide to PF at times like last year.

TheSanityAnnex
07-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Gay was pretty nice last year, rejuvenated and finally remembered how to shoot, he's a net positive nowadays IMO..Rondo is the much larger concern..
Hoping for the same rebirth Gay had.

m>s
07-11-2015, 03:15 PM
SG-McLemore
PF-Cauly-Stein or Cousins
C- Cousins or Koufus

lot of versatility with this roster, especially with Gay being able to slide to PF at times like last year.
sounds like you guys could be on the way back to relevancy for the first time in what 11-13 years? ya'll can have our playoff spot if you want

Clipper Nation
07-11-2015, 10:52 PM
:lol "Terrific offseason"

DMC
07-11-2015, 10:55 PM
How so?
That group probably won't make the playoffs.

It's loaded with guys who historically cannot wait to end the season.

HemisfairArena
07-11-2015, 11:05 PM
How bad are the Lakers that they are the 4th worst team in California? LMAO,,,,

quentin_compson
07-12-2015, 04:13 AM
More "terrifying" than "terrific" ...

TheSanityAnnex
07-12-2015, 03:48 PM
:lol "Terrific offseason"

As the 10th or 11th guy off the bench for the vet min I don't see what's so funny.

TheSanityAnnex
07-12-2015, 03:53 PM
That group probably won't make the playoffs.

It's loaded with guys who historically cannot wait to end the season.

Probably is a massive improvement over last year. Rondo alone has more playoff experience than last years entire roster combined.

DMC
07-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Probably is a massive improvement over last year. Rondo alone has more playoff experience than last years entire roster combined.
He does and him and boogie could be salty enough a pair to make some noise, but they have too many reasons to fail, and often people getting paid well either way will need fewer.

TheSanityAnnex
07-12-2015, 04:45 PM
He does and him and boogie could be salty enough a pair to make some noise, but they have too many reasons to fail, and often people getting paid well either way will need fewer.Winning cures all. It'll get ugly if Vlade's gamble doesn't pan out.

nickdakoolkat
07-12-2015, 07:11 PM
I dont know man, I think the Kings could go either way. You add Rajon rondo to that already cancerous mix of George Karl and Cousins and this whole thing could explode. Coming from somebody who is not akings fan but lived in Sacramento for 4 years I want to see the kings be good, but I think the kings are in bad shape right now. Signing a bunch of random mediocre talents doesn't mean this team is going to mesh well chemistry wise. If it were me I would get rid of cousins while he still has value because right now as talented as he is that guy is a cancer.

Spurtacular
07-13-2015, 06:52 AM

Rajon Rondo
Kosta Koufos
Marco Belinelli
Caron Butler
Omri Casspi

If they were in the east, they'd be contenders with pick-ups like that. :wakeup

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Looks like Luc Mbah will be signed as well. Was pissed when the Kings traded him a few years ago, happy to have him back. After the Spurs fantastic offseason I've got the Kings at #2. Went from the worst bench in the league to 2 deep at every position. Still wish Malone was here :depressed

nigerian
07-13-2015, 04:53 PM
Winning cures all. It'll get ugly if Vlade's gamble doesn't pan out.

:lol rondo is statpadding, team-killing faggot, nobody sane touched him with a ten ft pole
:lol cousins is a dumbass manchild, kevin fucking love won more with alot less talent in the same conference
:lol gay is a retarded chucker, negative player wherever he played.
:lol karl already don't give a fuck, just waiting for foodstamps tbh.
:lol zionist locker room presence
:lol ranadive making jimbo look like auerbach, prime pjax and dr buss all-in-one
:lol vlade flopping 1st round picks all over the place, fucking the team for a decade.
:lol bench full of monkeyballers like wcs
:lol this team will make the old wizards lockerroom look like a nuns congregation
:lol bad contracts and no picks
:lol no sane free agent even linked with your organisation.
:lol fucking andrea bargniani took less to get away from the kings

This ranadive faggot thinks he is running a circus tbh. Y'all niggas must be delusional to even think this team gets more than 35 wins.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2015, 05:11 PM
:lol rondo is statpadding, team-killing faggot, nobody sane touched him with a ten ft pole
:lol cousins is a dumbass manchild, kevin fucking love won more with alot less talent in the same conference
:lol gay is a retarded chucker, negative player wherever he played.
:lol karl already don't give a fuck, just waiting for foodstamps tbh.
:lol zionist locker room presence
:lol ranadive making jimbo look like auerbach, prime pjax and dr buss all-in-one
:lol vlade flopping 1st round picks all over the place, fucking the team for a decade.
:lol bench full of monkeyballers like wcs
:lol this team will make the old wizards lockerroom look like a nuns congregation
:lol bad contracts and no picks
:lol no sane free agent even linked with your organisation.
:lol fucking andrea bargniani took less to get away from the kings

This ranadive faggot thinks he is running a circus tbh. Y'all niggas must be delusional to even think this team gets more than 35 wins.

Excellent analysis. Very creative emoticon use.

Mitch
07-13-2015, 05:15 PM

Beats saying the Kings have or ever will have an excellent offseason.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2015, 05:28 PM
Beats saying the Kings have or ever will have an excellent offseason.

Not a bad first year eh Mitch?
http://i.imgur.com/2sT2MqB.jpg

nigerian
07-13-2015, 06:05 PM

still more thoughtful than the kings building process :lmao:lmao

Mitch
07-13-2015, 06:15 PM
TheSanityAnnex

What hope is there for a franchise that hasn't moved forward since 2003? Jerry has a better chance of reanimated than the Kings have of being successful.

Raven
07-13-2015, 06:38 PM
i feel bad for Carl, i've hear Vivek speak, and it's obvious he's a terrible person who drinks his own koolaid and feels he needs to lie to people just so it looks better, even though everyone can see, he's full of shit.. I mean, are they going to blame Carl for such a terrible roster, after they explicitly told him they do not want him involved in roster decisions?

Kool Bob Love
07-13-2015, 08:49 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/f/f0/f00316ae_ScreenShot2015-07-13at7.55.22PM.png

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2015, 11:34 PM
TheSanityAnnex (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=4389)

What hope is there for a franchise that hasn't moved forward since 2003? Jerry has a better chance of reanimated than the Kings have of being successful.
Vlade Divac is the hope. Luc Mbah a Moute coming back is yet another great move. It's amusing watching people bash the trade when they are really clueless to the details. Divac traded what looks to be a first round bust (stauskas), two deadweight contracts(Thompson/Landry), two picks that will never be swapped, and a future 1st round pick (2018?) that will be in the 20s. He turned this into Rondo, Koufos, bellinelli, Casspi, and Mbah a Moute. Cauley-Stein has looked good in Summer league. 13pts/8rebs/5blks in 18 minutes tonight. Perfect guy next to Cousins. Still has about 4-5 mil depending on which order he signs these guys. Convince Josh Smith to come over and know his role like he did on the Rockets and that's playoff talent on paper. X-factor of course is Cousins and Karl. Awkward exchange today at the summer league game.

Mitch
07-14-2015, 12:15 AM
Vlade Divac is the hope. Luc Mbah a Moute coming back is yet another great move. It's amusing watching people bash the trade when they are really clueless to the details. Divac traded what looks to be a first round bust (stauskas), two deadweight contracts(Thompson/Landry), two picks that will never be swapped, and a future 1st round pick (2018?) that will be in the 20s. He turned this into Rondo, Koufos, bellinelli, Casspi, and Mbah a Moute. Cauley-Stein has looked good in Summer league. 13pts/8rebs/5blks in 18 minutes tonight. Perfect guy next to Cousins. Still has about 4-5 mil depending on which order he signs these guys. Convince Josh Smith to come over and know his role like he did on the Rockets and that's playoff talent on paper. X-factor of course is Cousins and Karl. Awkward exchange today at the summer league game.

TLDR: Sac Kings soon to be Vegas/Seattle Kings in a short decade or so.

Thread
07-14-2015, 12:21 AM
Funny how nobody had any use for Rondo, save me. Now? Fart catchers galore.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2015, 12:22 AM
TLDR: Sac Kings soon to be Vegas/Seattle Kings in a short decade or so.
Ballmer already got his team and he squats in your building for half the year while making the playoffs.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2015, 12:24 AM
It's nice knowing the Kings are finally on the rise and the Lakers have another 2-3 years of a rebuild.

DMC
07-14-2015, 12:25 AM
I don't see a leader on that team. I also don't see much in the way of defense.

Thread
07-14-2015, 12:25 AM
It's nice knowing the Kings are finally on the rise and the Lakers have another 2-3 years of a rebuild.

CWEBB, turnin' his back on Horry & wanderin' up that lane.

tee, hee.

Biernutz
07-14-2015, 12:30 AM
Karl and Cousins were at the summer league game in Vegas and Cousins walked by Karl and completely
ignored him. Star player and head coach not talking. To bad HBO won't be at this training
camp.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2015, 12:44 AM
I don't see a leader on that team. I also don't see much in the way of defense.
Cousins has to sack up and become the leader. No more whining, no more pouting, shut up and play. Last years starting 5 was a top 5 defense before Cousins went down. Sub Thompson for Koufus and they only get better.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2015, 12:45 AM
Karl and Cousins were at the summer league game in Vegas and Cousins walked by Karl and completely
ignored him. Star player and head coach not talking. To bad HBO won't be at this training
camp.
You are incorrect. Karl walked over and they shook hands, it was really awkward though.

Mitch
07-14-2015, 12:46 AM
Ballmer already got his team and he squats in your building for half the year while making the playoffs.

Kings were an inch away from going to Seattle, they are on the chopping block. The Lakers are not and never will be.

Biernutz
07-14-2015, 12:56 AM
You are incorrect. Karl walked over and they shook hands, it was really awkward though.

I was watching a talking head on ESPN and that's what he said......Who do you trust with that franchise now. I would
bet that one of the two will be gone by Thanksgiving. Cousins is a coach killer.....

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2015, 12:59 AM
Kings were an inch away from going to Seattle, they are on the chopping block. The Lakers are not and never will be.
On the chopping block? You realize the terms of the new arena don't you?

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2015, 01:01 AM
I was watching a talking head on ESPN and that's what he said......Who do you trust with that franchise now. I would
bet that one of the two will be gone by Thanksgiving. Cousins is a coach killer.....

And Karl has fought with star players on every single one of his teams. Choice is easy for me, a 65 year old chasing a wins record or the most talented 24 year old center in the game. I want Karl gone before the season starts.

Mitch
07-14-2015, 01:03 AM

Time, it's an eventuality.

Biernutz
07-14-2015, 01:05 AM

With all the Billionaires that live in the Seattle area and the can't get a new arena for a new team?

Biernutz
07-14-2015, 01:10 AM
And Karl has fought with star players on every single one of his teams. Choice is easy for me, a 65 year old chasing a wins record or the most talented 24 year old center in the game. I want Karl gone before the season starts.

Karl has taken his teams deep into the playoffs on just about every team he has coached. Cousins acts like a child
and will the Kings let him dictate conditions on the Kings. Will the next coach after Karl be good enough...for how long?

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2015, 01:16 AM
Karl has taken his teams deep into the playoffs on just about every team he has coached. Cousins acts like a child
and will the Kings let him dictate conditions on the Kings. Will the next coach after Karl be good enough...for how long?
Cousins had a different (shitty) coach each year, and when he finally had a good coach that understood, trust, and worked with him they fired him.

Karl went behind Divac and Cousins back. He's on thin ice, Vlade has publicly said as much.

DMC
07-14-2015, 09:14 AM
Cousins has to sack up and become the leader. No more whining, no more pouting, shut up and play. Last years starting 5 was a top 5 defense before Cousins went down. Sub Thompson for Koufus and they only get better.

Cousins isn't going to magically develop Tim Duncan's leadership persona. What has Boogie ever done to gain the respect of his team enough to be put into that leadership role? Rondo and Marco have rings, maybe someone else there does, not sure.

Seems like a daunting task.

Splits
07-14-2015, 09:28 AM
This guy can fix all of your locker room problems.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2015, 10:13 AM
Cousins isn't going to magically develop Tim Duncan's leadership persona. What has Boogie ever done to gain the respect of his team enough to be put into that leadership role? Rondo and Marco have rings, maybe someone else there does, not sure.

Seems like a daunting task.Not many people have Duncan's leadership persona. Cousins is only 24, I'm not too worried about it. There are a lot of vets in the locker room now with playoff experiene, something he's never had before.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2015, 10:14 AM
This guy can fix all of your locker room problems.

620834329258647552I would like that addition and love what type of guys Vlade is targeting.

Thread
07-14-2015, 10:34 AM
I would like that addition and love what type of guys Vlade is targeting.

So, now, NOW you're a Rondo aficionado? Now.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2015, 11:03 AM
So, now, NOW you're a Rondo aficionado? Now.

He's in a system where Karl will let him do his thing. Carlise handcuffed him.