PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Russell is gonna be a solid player.

midnightpulp
07-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Not bad. Randle is garbage, though. Lakers should dangle him as trade bait or something.

Spurs9
07-10-2015, 08:52 PM
I agree, looks legit

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 08:55 PM
You have to consider that the Lakers have arguably reached the point where their franchise has become a "toxic environment", though..they might be one of those teams that force people to say, "he has potential, but you have to hope he doesn't get ruined by his environment"..

Killakobe81
07-10-2015, 08:56 PM
You have to consider that the Lakers have arguably reached the point where their franchise has become a "toxic environment", though..they might be one of those teams that force people to say, "he has potential, but you have to hope he doesn't get ruined by his environment"..

Don't exaggerate didn't harm Clarkson ...

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Don't exaggerate didn't harm Clarkson ...

We don't know anything about Clarkson, he had 1 season of putting up decent numbers on a bad team..

I'm not saying I believe the Lakers are a toxic environment, but I think it's arguable, at this point..Byron Scott, the 2nd generation of Buss', Kobe not accepting his decline, etc..

Killakobe81
07-10-2015, 09:01 PM
We don't know anything about Clarkson, he had 1 season of putting up decent numbers on a bad team..

I'm not saying I believe the Lakers are a toxic environment, but I think it's arguable, at this point..Byron Scott, the 2nd generation of Buss', Kobe not accepting his decline, etc..

Scott vis not a great nor even good coach but they played hard for him all year

BatManu20
07-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Russell has a great feel for the game for a 19 year old. Can't teach it. And he has a nice J. He's got a bright future imo.

Chris
07-10-2015, 09:02 PM
I agree, looks legit

that avatar and sig :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Scott vis not a great coach but they played hard for him all year

I'm referring to Scott's outdated and antiquated mindset about basketball, might not be good for a young player to learn today's game in a Byron Scott offense that will feature Kobe and Roy Hibbert taking inefficient shots..the Lakers are widely considered as "behind the times" in every facet, too, that starts at the top(ownership)..

D'Angelo Russell
07-10-2015, 09:06 PM

There's no pressure to ring and the Lakers really have no other option right now but to give the youngins minutes and let them flourish. They'll be fine.

Backcourt is gonna be a problem. Randle has a lot of work ahead of him.

illmatic
07-10-2015, 09:39 PM
I liked the pick over Okafor--I didn't see much of him in the 2nd half but point guards to take a little longer to develop.

illmatic
07-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Oh and Randle is trash. Undersized power forward that can't shoot.

Killakobe81
07-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Oh and Randle is trash. Undersized power forward that can't shoot.

Randle Will be fine relax so much knee jerk reactions. So is Kaminsky a all star too?

Mikeanaro
07-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Lol overrated. all those sensors are inside his ass.

Struggle Wilson
07-10-2015, 10:02 PM
I haven't seen a more overrated player named Russell since the last time I looked in the mirror.

LkrFan
07-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Not bad. Randle is garbage, though. Lakers should dangle him as trade bait or something.

Yeah, wasn't impressed with Randle. I thought Russ played OK for his first game. I thought Clarkson was balling though.

whitemamba
07-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Yeah, wasn't impressed with Randle. I thought Russ played OK for his first game. I thought Clarkson was balling though.

Too early to judge randle imho, but the rest of the squad looked impressive

Splits
07-10-2015, 10:32 PM

Impressive? You lost to a team with 2 roster players when your team had 7. :lmao

Big Dog
07-10-2015, 10:33 PM
:lmao Building up desperate hope by watching your number one pick ball out against scrubs in some meaningless D-league game

whitemamba
07-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Impressive? You lost to a team with 2 roster players when your team had 7. :lmao
Blowing your load early are we? It's the first game of a summer league, and the kids 19. You better than that splits

LkrFan
07-10-2015, 10:38 PM

Not writing him off. 1st game back since he broke his leg. He was probably pressing. He showed some signs. Wanted to see him on the block more. He stayed on the perimeter a bit too much - especially since his jumper was off.

Splits
07-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Blowing your load early are we? It's the first game of a summer league, and the kids 19. You better than that splits

Huh? You're the one calling "the rest of the squad impressive" when they just got blown out by 2 NBA players and a bunch of scrubs

midnightpulp
07-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Not writing him off. 1st game back since he broke his leg. He was probably pressing. He showed some signs. Wanted to see him on the block more. He stayed on the perimeter a bit too much - especially since his jumper was off.

Problems with Randle, which make me doubtful he can be an effective starting player:

- Undersized and lacks length. He only grabbed one board tonight. And losing weight has made him even more undersized.
- Zero jump shot. Power forwards need to have an 18 footer in today's game.
- Hasn't shown anything on defense.

Russell has much more upside at his position than Randle does at his.

whitemamba
07-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Huh? You're the one calling "the rest of the squad impressive" when they just got blown out by 2 NBA players and a bunch of scrubs
What is the total NBA games they all have under their belt my nig ?

Agreed, I'd like to see him in the post more but he might be too skinny now, need to see him play some more before I can judge him tbh.

DPG21920
07-10-2015, 10:59 PM
Kool said Randle was a SF w a wet jumper now.

Thebesteva
07-10-2015, 11:45 PM

I dont disagree with the FO being toxic but don't forget, after Shaq left no one wanted to come to LA from 05-08. There were tons of names like KG and Yao, all of whom said they wanted to go to a winning franchise. It took only one power move to get the Lakers back at it and before you knew it, everyone was willing to take pay cuts to join the Lakers.

My point is that the Lakers are down right now and have been here before, and TBH, I actually think Jim Buss being an epic fail for a few years is the best thing that can happen to us. If he wins a chip now somehow or even gets to the WCF, then we're stuck with his stubborn attitude for 20+ years.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2015, 12:50 AM
I dont disagree with the FO being toxic but don't forget, after Shaq left no one wanted to come to LA from 05-08. There were tons of names like KG and Yao, all of whom said they wanted to go to a winning franchise. It took only one power move to get the Lakers back at it and before you knew it, everyone was willing to take pay cuts to join the Lakers.

My point is that the Lakers are down right now and have been here before, and TBH, I actually think Jim Buss being an epic fail for a few years is the best thing that can happen to us. If he wins a chip now somehow or even gets to the WCF, then we're stuck with his stubborn attitude for 20+ years.

Prime Kobe + Phil Jackson + Jerry Buss, though..tough to replicate..

spursistan
07-11-2015, 01:10 AM
^ Yes, more likely the Lakers will endure an epoch of irrelevance similar to the 1990s-- we are halfway through the decade :lol..Minimal to non-existent chances at Durant or AD (just signed longterm with Pelicans)..In the foreseeable future, injury-prone Westbrook is their best bet in 2017..

Spurtacular
07-11-2015, 01:55 AM
I've seen enough of Okafor in summer league to believe he won't be all that dominant of a center (yes, he'll get a lot of double-doubles though). So, drafting Russell was not so much of a risk after all.

Sean Cagney
07-11-2015, 03:25 AM
I liked the pick over Okafor--I didn't see much of him in the 2nd half but point guards to take a little longer to develop.

Time will tell.

Dro210
07-11-2015, 03:26 AM
Randle looks a little like Dominique Wilkins, tbh..... 2015 All-Star weekend Dominique Wilkins.

GuerillaBlack
07-11-2015, 05:14 AM
Randle coming back from breaking his leg. Give him more than one summer league game.