PDA

View Full Version : All the talk about LMA but............

spursistan
07-10-2015, 10:12 PM
this team will need the Kawhi Leonard from 'March - till Game 4 of Clippers series' for an entire campaign to have any chance at a top seed..I would be disappointed if KL is isn't in the Allstar game based on his play..

BatManu20
07-10-2015, 10:14 PM
And Tony to not dribble dribble dibble. Both equally important imo.

spursistan
07-10-2015, 10:21 PM
And Tony to not dribble dribble dibble. Both equally important imo.
Tony' expectations ceiling is probably a "Prigioni role", which is not a big ask..But we need the monster Kawhi was in March and early April; the one snatched DPOY award after it looked it was Draymond Green's all year long..He was an automatic 20pt/7reb/4 stl terror down the stretch until Matt Barnes happened:depressed..

steeledl
07-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Kawhi is a really good player but he is not even close to a superstar. You guys expect too much of him. It is going to come down to LMA and Parker to be the stars.

Obioneginobili
07-10-2015, 10:40 PM
I know last year Parker was worse than disappointing but, before the injury at least on the offensive end he wasn't half bad. If he can come back healthy this year we will be ok.

Mr. Body
07-10-2015, 10:45 PM
I know last year Parker was worse than disappointing but, before the injury at least on the offensive end he wasn't half bad. If he can come back healthy this year we will be ok.

He had to start all the offense for the starting unit. Aldridge can do a lot of that lifting now.

dabom
07-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Tony a star? Is this 2013?

Vokun
07-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Kawhi is a really good player but he is not even close to a superstar. You guys expect too much of him. It is going to come down to LMA and Parker to be the stars.

GTFO.

james evans
07-11-2015, 02:54 AM
GTFO.
u shouldn't even respond to bullshit like theist

Sean Cagney
07-11-2015, 03:12 AM

At the level of play he showed late last year in to game 4 he showed he can be a major player in this league, he was consistent nightly and the Spurs were rolling. At his best he is at an all star level, we just have to see it a full year though first and not in spurts.

.G.
07-11-2015, 03:22 AM
Nigga needs to quit dribble dribble dribble....find Timmy for the open line driver
meh
Nigga I'll be aight

TheMulletMan3000
07-11-2015, 03:34 AM

he was 2nd best player in the nba in rpm at the end of the RS. how is that not even close?

glen907
07-11-2015, 04:05 AM
Quote Originally Posted by steeledl
5 years 95 million says otherwise

ElNono
07-11-2015, 04:42 AM
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/saki/snowish/128/Arrow-up-icon.pngascending: Kawhi Leonard

spursistan
07-11-2015, 02:14 PM
Pop after the Clips series mentioned in a subtle way, probably hinting at him nosediving as the series wore on ..He said the challenge for KL is now that it is expected that he would bring it and deliver night in nigh out.

spurraider21
07-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Aldridge instead of Splitter will open up the floor for kawhi

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Clippers series wasn't really an indicator of anything, tbh, other than a team that was finished due to mileage and injuries, yet still took them to 7 and 1 shot away from advancing..

Everybody on the team was underwhelming outside of Duncan, Mills and Kawhi's first 4 games..everything that could have gone wrong went wrong..

Kawhi is going to take another leap offensively since he will finally play without 2 bigs clogging the lane..

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Leonard is clearly a budding superstar.

Just turned 24.

:smokin

spursistan
07-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Clippers series wasn't really an indicator of anything, tbh, other than a team that was finished due to mileage and injuries, yet still took them to 7 and 1 shot away from advancing..

Everybody on the team was underwhelming outside of Duncan, Mills and Kawhi's first 4 games..everything that could have gone wrong went wrong..

Kawhi is going to take another leap offensively since he will finally play without 2 bigs clogging the lane..

Thought Kawhi was shook a bit and lost confidence in his shot; he was missing chippie at the rim down the stretch..Also Pop has to take a bit of blame for pretty much using him as spot up shooter late in the series and not calling his number when had mismatches..

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Thought Kawhi was shook a bit and lost confidence in his shot; he was missing chippie at the rim down the stretch..Also Pop has to take a bit of blame for pretty much using him as spot up shooter late in the series and not calling his number when had mismatches..

They went away from him, partly to get Parker going, tbh..Clippers weren't even guarding Parker's shot off the ball, at that point..

Regardless, it was just a poor series..Green has his worst shooting stretch in the playoffs in 3 years,Splitter couldn't walk, Parker had the worst series of his career, Manu was mostly a non-factor, etc..

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2015, 02:54 PM

That's the thing, by replacing Splitter and Baynes with Aldridge and West, you are adding more spacing and scoring to the offense. Rare is going to be the team that can protect the paint and defend that midrange game.

look_at_g_shred
07-11-2015, 03:09 PM
A top 10 player in the league is not considered an all star? Hmm...

kaji157
07-11-2015, 04:02 PM
this team will need the Kawhi Leonard from 'March - till Game 4 of Clippers series' for an entire campaign to have any chance at a top seed..I would be disappointed if KL is isn't in the Allstar game based on his play..

I couldnīt care less if Leonard plays the all star game or if his offense is any good, the only thing i ask for him is to nail his open shots, and to defend well.
If he is going matt barnes on us we are fucking screwed.
Kawhi should not be 1st or 2nd option. LA needs to be first option and Tony the second. If we are forced onto something different we will a difficult road, Kawhi is still not to be trusted as a main option.

I get that he was finals MVP and whatever, but in reality his "Finals MVP" was "played 3 good games" and it wasnīt really clear who was the mvp. And last year he was a dissapointment.

dabom
07-11-2015, 04:08 PM
I couldnīt care less if Leonard plays the all star game or if his offense is any good, the only thing i ask for him is to nail his open shots, and to defend well.
If he is going matt barnes on us we are fucking screwed.
Kawhi should not be 1st or 2nd option. LA needs to be first option and Tony the second. If we are forced onto something different we will a difficult road, Kawhi is still not to be trusted as a main option.

I get that he was finals MVP and whatever, but in reality his "Finals MVP" was "played 3 good games" and it wasnīt really clear who was the mvp. And last year he was a dissapointment.

So much trash in here I don't know where to start. :lmao

Beaverfuzz
07-11-2015, 04:34 PM

Don't need to be top seed. Get lost non-bold.

07-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Tony' expectations ceiling is probably a "Prigioni role", which is not a big ask..But we need the monster Kawhi was in March and early April; the one snatched DPOY award after it looked it was Draymond Green's all year long..He was an automatic 20pt/7reb/4 stl terror down the stretch until Matt Barnes happened:depressed..

Matt

kaji157
07-11-2015, 05:01 PM
So much trash in here I don't know where to start. :lmao

You could start with some facts.

If Tony Parker plays well he is better fit to be the one two combo with Aldridge.

When focal point of the offense Kawhi failed to deliver.

When focal point of the offense Kawhi couldnt deliver good defense (his real value to the team as being a lockdown guy)

Aldridge is by far the best 1st option we have right now.

dabom
07-11-2015, 05:08 PM
You could start with some facts.

If Tony Parker plays well he is better fit to be the one two combo with Aldridge.

When focal point of the offense Kawhi failed to deliver.

When focal point of the offense Kawhi couldnt deliver good defense (his real value to the team as being a lockdown guy)

Aldridge is by far the best 1st option we have right now.

It's like porker fans are fucking delusional. I can't even bother anymore. :lmao

Diego20
07-11-2015, 05:45 PM

:lmao

Mikeanaro
07-11-2015, 05:50 PM
http://www.animationplaza.com/4/animations/sports_a_to_d/basketball/kid_dribbling_hc.gif

kaji157
07-11-2015, 05:56 PM
It's like porker fans are fucking delusional. I can't even bother anymore. :lmao

Just look at my post about Tony and youīll realize i am not parker fan at all.

shorttotry
07-11-2015, 06:09 PM
This should be a non-thread... Leave it to Pop to figure it all out. It's going to be a work in progress, but I think in the end, it will be a masterpiece that could top "The Beautiful Game." At least I hope so :toast