PDA

View Full Version : Suns: :cry Marcus Morris calls trade to Pistons a slap in the face :cry

baseline bum
07-11-2015, 07:47 AM
Morris moves on to Motown after trade from Phoenix (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/morris-moves-motown-trade-phoenix-232457653--nba.html)

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Marcus Morris had a few choice words for his former team.

Morris was introduced Friday by the Detroit Pistons, who acquired the 25-year-old forward from Phoenix in what was basically a salary dump by the Suns. The deal split Morris up from his twin brother Markieff after the two had signed extensions with Phoenix before last season.

''Everybody knew how bad I wanted to play with my brother,'' Marcus Morris said. ''Phoenix knew. For them to trade me without consent or telling or anything like that was kind of like a, I would say slap in the face, because of the contract I took from those guys and the money I took from them. That was kind of a slap in the face.''

The Suns traded Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger to Detroit, receiving only a second-round draft pick in 2020. Phoenix made a bid to sign coveted free agent LaMarcus Aldridge, but he ended up going to San Antonio.

The Pistons were happy to take Morris from Phoenix. They weren't able to sign any big-name free agents, but Stan Van Gundy, Detroit's coach and team president, said this wasn't a case of settling for a lesser alternative.

''Had this been available to us before the draft, we would have done this deal,'' Van Gundy said. ''Yes, we went and chased a couple of free agents - one, we backed out as the price went too steep. One just wanted to go back to where he was playing.''

The Pistons needed a starting small forward. Either Morris or first-round draft pick Stanley Johnson could fill that role.

''This is a time of year where everybody feels like they've gotten better. Nobody's lost a game yet,'' Van Gundy said. ''There's 30 teams with great optimism. The proof will be out on the court, but yeah, we feel good about where we are.''

Marcus Morris averaged 10.4 points and 4.8 rebounds in 2014-15.

Morris and his brother have pleaded not guilty to assault from an alleged incident outside a local recreation center. Marcus Morris tried to dispel any doubt about his future availability for the Pistons.

''I'm not going to speak on the case or anything like that, but I will be here,'' he said.

The trade again split up Marcus and Markieff Morris, who have spent most of their lives playing together. The twins played at Kansas and spent three seasons together in the desert after Marcus was traded from Houston, which selected him with the 14th overall pick of the 2011 draft.

Phoenix selected Markieff with the 13th pick that year.

Now Marcus Morris will have to produce for a new team after a trade that seemed to catch him off guard.

''The toughest part was not knowing that I was going to move,'' Marcus Morris said. ''He's a basketball player, I'm a basketball player. When I go out there, I have to perform for myself. Life goes on.''

NOTES: Pistons G Reggie Jackson has not officially signed yet, but news broke a few days ago about an agreement to stay with Detroit. Van Gundy addressed the terms and the team's commitment to Jackson on Friday, saying he'd rather lock up the point guard now than have to worry about the free agent market in a few years - with a potentially higher salary cap. ''When you look at it in today's market and go, 'OK, five years, $80 million ...' But I think three years down the road, if Reggie plays the way we think he's going to play, people are going to look back and say, 'That was a hell of a decision,''' Van Gundy said.

Mark Celibate
07-11-2015, 08:20 AM
Pau could've called the same when the Lakers traded the right to his brother Marc as part of their package sent to Memphis. If they had packed just a first round pick or multiple second rounders, the Gasol brothers would've had a few years playing together happily in LA imho (until Kobe ran them both out of town).

benefactor
07-11-2015, 11:08 AM
:cry my brother :cry

What a fucking girl...:cry we can't go to da bathroom together anymore at da club :cry

Xylus
07-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Marcus is a complete loser.

Chinook
07-11-2015, 11:32 AM
''Had this been available to us before the draft, we would have done this deal,'' Van Gundy said. ''Yes, we went and chased a couple of free agents - one, we backed out as the price went too steep. One just wanted to go back to where he was playing.''

So one of those guys was Green. I assume he was the second one SVG referred to, though if he were the first, that would be an interesting insight into Danny's market value around the league. But who was the other? I can't remember Detroit being rumored to have any other big-named guys.

hater
07-11-2015, 11:49 AM
those are some weird fucking brothers. sharing everything including dildos IMO

UZER
07-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Can nobody be men about their situations anymore?

JamStone
07-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Sounds like a fucking bitch. You're making millions of dollars to play a fucking game. Trades are part of the business of pro sports.

Wash your vagina and stop crying about your fucking brother. What a fucking loser.

Leetonidas
07-11-2015, 01:10 PM
So one of those guys was Green. I assume he was the second one SVG referred to, though if he were the first, that would be an interesting insight into Danny's market value around the league. But who was the other? I can't remember Detroit being rumored to have any other big-named guys.

I'm guessing Wes Matthews

Infinite_limit
07-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Props to Phoenix for finally dumping this cancer

Mikeanaro
07-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Detroit will keep sucking too.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Apparently Markeiff just requested a trade to Detroit

Seventyniner
07-11-2015, 02:24 PM
I'm guessing Wes Matthews

Agreed. He (or Danny) would have fit a big need for Detroit.

TheCultOfPersonality
07-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Marcus Morris sounds like an 8 year old that still wants to be breastfed by his mommy.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2015, 03:37 PM

Carroll was their primary target IIRC..

m>s
07-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Marcus Morris sounds like an 8 year old that still wants to be breastfed by his mommy.
What's up with these big ass grown men acting like children? You've got deandre Jordan over there hiding under the bed when Cuban knocked at the door, hanging out with his teammates playing video games while his mommy cooks them dinner? Like wtf?

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2015, 03:38 PM
:lol I still can't believe these fucking idiots ran up on somebody and fled the scene in a Rolls Royce, 5-deep, in fucking Phoenix, tbh..

illmatic
07-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Good riddance, hopefully his brother's next.

Infinite_limit
07-11-2015, 05:18 PM
All jokes aside, probably the most dislikable guy in the NBA

Infinite_limit
07-11-2015, 05:21 PM
2nd Round pick in 2020!!!

Slap in the face to Marcus' abilities

Mark Celibate
07-11-2015, 06:49 PM
If he really can't play without his bro, why not wait a few years and go signing with the Pistons for vet min, or ask the Suns FO to buy him out straight away (like Deron did) so he can join his bro in Detroit immediately.

lefty
07-12-2015, 11:15 AM
:lmao today's NBA

Malik Hairston

JMarkJohns
07-12-2015, 02:10 PM
Twincest, tbh, fwiw, imo

Thread
07-12-2015, 05:02 PM
I hope his brother sabotages up the street.

tee, hee.

whitemamba
07-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Sounds like a fucking bitch. You're making millions of dollars to play a fucking game. Trades are part of the business of pro sports.

Wash your vagina and stop crying about your fucking brother. What a fucking loser.

this.

07-12-2015, 06:48 PM
I hope his brother sabotages up the street.

tee, hee.
I'll just fuckin bet you do

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2015, 06:51 PM
:lmao today's NBA

Malik Hairston

:lol reminds me of Scottie in the fucking Semi-Finals..

:(I don't wanna be on the court for the final play of the game, because the play isn't being drawn up for me:(:(:(

Chef Curry
07-12-2015, 07:04 PM
Between this and the Deandre Jordan situation, today's NBA player really is a bitch nigga. This nigga crying to the media because he got traded :lmao

Thread
07-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Between this and the Deandre Jordan situation, today's NBA player really is a bitch nigga. This nigga crying to the media because he got traded :lmao

"Old" Media protected the sport(s),,,policed it, preserved it, kept the record books meticulously. When Media stood guard while MLB destroyed their Record Book and compromised their sport for decades past & future that was the watershed moment for all sport(s). Nothing was left to protect, to preserve,,,so, now we're in free fall, Media cashing in as fast as they can as the elevator car descends from such majestic heights.

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2015, 07:31 PM
bYcjCoy7R4I

The Morris brothers are fuck niggas, don't get me wrong, but this man is supposed to be the 2nd piece on a "historic" dynasty:lmao..

DMC
07-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Simple solution: quit the game. Otherwise shut your fucking whore mouth.

DMC
07-12-2015, 10:26 PM
"Old" Media protected the sport(s),,,policed it, preserved it, kept the record books meticulously. When Media stood guard while MLB destroyed their Record Book and compromised their sport for decades past & future that was the watershed moment for all sport(s). Nothing was left to protect, to preserve,,,so, now we're in free fall, Media cashing in as fast as they can as the elevator car descends from such majestic heights.
That night the clouds hung from the sky like steel grey gorilla turds, glimmering in their brilliance but subdued by the moon, who cast her doubt across the face of my soul.

JMarkJohns
07-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Markieff can quit too. TJ Warren time.

illmatic
07-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Markieff can quit too. TJ Warren time.

different positions.

JMarkJohns
07-12-2015, 11:23 PM
different positions.

I'm of the belief that Warren will make a dynamic PF because of his down-hill, attacking off dribble skillset, and 6-8, 235 frame. In a spread floor, with lots of pic-roll facilitators, Warren could thrive. Enough of the pic-pop.

jag
07-12-2015, 11:46 PM
What's up with these big ass grown men acting like children? You've got deandre Jordan over there hiding under the bed when Cuban knocked at the door, hanging out with his teammates playing video games while his mommy cooks them dinner? Like wtf?

:lmao

lefty
07-12-2015, 11:56 PM
bYcjCoy7R4I

The Morris brothers are fuck niggas, don't get me wrong, but this man is supposed to be the 2nd piece on a "historic" dynasty:lmao..

touche

illmatic
07-13-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm of the belief that Warren will make a dynamic PF because of his down-hill, attacking off dribble skillset, and 6-8, 235 frame. In a spread floor, with lots of pic-roll facilitators, Warren could thrive. Enough of the pic-pop.

He could play power forward in spurts like 10-15 min. a game. He definitely does not weigh 235 pounds though.

JMarkJohns
07-13-2015, 01:12 AM
He looks bigger this summer league. 235 was estimate, but might be closer to 225. He has the broad shoulders to add weight, muscle.

His skills are better for a PF. I don't think he has quickness to maximize SF position, but he does have quickness, maybe even very good quickness at PF.

Modern NBA isn't about positions. It's about skills fitting well together.

I like a lineup that spreads the floor alongside him from 1-3, with Chandler at C to help hide defense. Not sure the Suns have the roster to support this, but Warren reminds me a bit of Al Harrington in size, frame, athleticism, but a bit like early Amare in how he likes to attack the basket and score. Different games, so dont think I think Warren is a freak athlete, but Amare liked to go off the dribble from the elbows either after jab-step or pic/roll. Warren is similar, and he's a bit more nifty and creative around the basket at this stage.

I just think we need to think outside of typical position. It's finally time the tweeter gets embraced. If Len develops that corner 3, then in a few years I'd like to see a Warren/Len tandem up front for long stretches.

DeRozan m8
07-13-2015, 02:49 AM
They have the exact same tattoos and share a bank account with one another, so you can understand why they aren't happy to be apart.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

http://www.hngn.com/articles/107204/20150707/phoenix-suns-rumors-markieff-morris-now-on-the-trading-block.htm

Thebesteva
07-13-2015, 02:53 AM
:cry my brother :cry

What a fucking girl...:cry we can't go to da bathroom together anymore at da club :cry

Have a heart faggot

unleashbaynes
07-13-2015, 07:57 AM

I don't even understand how these 2 worthless pieces of trash are still in the league. They spend all their time doing little kid shit like a couple of toddlers instead of working on honing the skill that got them to where they are. Pure beneficiaries of the genetic lottery, mentally weak, cant be out of the league soon enough.

Thread
07-13-2015, 08:58 AM
That night the clouds hung from the sky like steel grey gorilla turds, glimmering in their brilliance but subdued by the moon, who cast her doubt across the face of my soul.

Amy pullin' into Miami just before tip Game 6, '13?

DMC
07-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Amy pullin' into Miami just before tip Game 6, '13?

No, Vanessa engulfing Karl's Jr, while hubby was ordering 5 Guys.

Thread
07-13-2015, 02:21 PM
No, Vanessa engulfing Karl's Jr, while hubby was ordering 5 Guys.

I'll grill it on down:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

JMarkJohns
07-18-2015, 09:54 PM
TJ fucking Warren! Can't get this kid starters minutes soon enough.

Please trade Kieff for Anderson to help spread floor for Warren's downhill slashing.