PDA

View Full Version : Steve Kerr already starting psychological warfare against Pop

kobyz
07-11-2015, 09:00 AM
During the summer league game broadcast saying that if Spurs doesn't win next season after getting LMA it will be a shame and that Pop should not coach anymore if that happened, playing like he was joking but he's sure trying to put extra pressure on the Spurs, that man knows all the tricks... At about the 8:00 mark: http://youtu.be/i2cVnjL29eE

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Aha....any links? i want to watch that.....

07-11-2015, 09:05 AM
If there is one mind you cannot break, it is Pop's.

BD24
07-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Right? Trying to break an ex cia agent, that sounds plausible.

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 09:12 AM
was he disrespectful in any way, or just joking?

--------------------

i think Kerr is now afraid of the new Spurs

Bartleby
07-11-2015, 09:13 AM
sounds like a playful echo of what Pop said a few years ago.

hater
07-11-2015, 09:13 AM
He's a piece of shit.

Glad Goat used his face as a punching bag

UZER
07-11-2015, 09:14 AM
was he disrespectful in any way, or just joking?

--------------------

i think Kerr is now afraid of the new Spurs

Now? He was afraid last year.

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 09:21 AM
How do we compare now with the Warriors bench? i hope someone does an in-depth comparative analysis....

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2015, 09:24 AM
Eh, talk is cheap.

K...
07-11-2015, 09:29 AM
How do we compare now with the Warriors bench? i hope someone does an in-depth comparative analysis....

We're better than them.

That's about it

K...
07-11-2015, 09:31 AM
I think this is about as much a non story as you could manufacture. Dude also wants to create motive in his own team so he'll absolutely try and paint the spurs as the juggernaut. He knows his players are weak.

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 09:36 AM
Eh, talk is cheap.

Hello Sir Marcus Bryant,

you being one of the very best analysts on this forum, may we request you to make a comparative analysis btween the Spurs vs the Warriors

if its ok with you Sir,

thanks a lot!

PS

im just really interested how we compare with them right now

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 09:37 AM
I think this is about as much a non story as you could manufacture. Dude also wants to create motive in his own team so he'll absolutely try and paint the spurs as the juggernaut. He knows his players are weak.

i know

but they are still the champs, until we overthrow them

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 09:37 AM
i just hope the Warriors DONT repeat this year

Obstructed_View
07-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Pop's not a little girl. That's not psychological warfare, that's how men who are friends joke with each other. That would work on Deandre Jordan, not on Popovich.

Spurs9
07-11-2015, 09:42 AM
He ain't going to be smiling when we unleash Boban in our 2nd unit tbh :lol

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Pop's not a little girl. That's not psychological warfare, that's how men who are friends joke with each other. That would work on Deandre Jordan, not on Popovich.

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 09:44 AM

---------
great

:bobo

Vito Corleone
Good to know we are in their heads.

He knows that he didn't have the big men last year to compete with San Antonio, now he knows he is really in trouble. Does he really think guys like Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut will be able to stay on the floor as San Antonio throws waives and waives of big men at them?

Their only hope is to go small ball against the Spurs and hope they can force our hand, but the problem is the Spurs big men like West, Diaw and Aldridge and Duncan and be effective defensively against small ball lineups but those lineups can't guard our big men.

This isn't a situation where we would have to take out a Tim Duncan because he can't keep up or Diaw or West, those guys are adgile enough to keep up with any of the wing guys the Warriors have.

I'm also pretty sure that Leonard will absolutely shut down anyone he is asked to cover and Green isn't far behind in that department. So we are going to give Curry and Thompson all they can handle. That means that guys like Igie and Draymond Green are going to have to put in monster nights just to keep up with what the Spurs bring.

Finally, and this is most important, the Warriors are going to have to defend the San Antonio offense, that means we are still going to force them to defend the 3pt line all the way to the basket all the while Parker is running around making Curry run through 3 picks to cover him. And those guys having to defend 2 big men that ultra effective going 18 feet in to the basket. Any plays they don't double down will likely result in a basket, a foul and a trip to the free throw line.

No surprise he is talking about San Antonio, I'm sure Kerr is just loving the idea of facing San Antonio in a 7 game series.

tatteredprince
I love this image of Bobo with the wine

lol

:bobo

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Good to know we are in their heads.

He knows that he didn't have the big men last year to compete with San Antonio, now he knows he is really in trouble. Does he really think guys like Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut will be able to stay on the floor as San Antonio throws waives and waives of big men at them?

Their only hope is to go small ball against the Spurs and hope they can force our hand, but the problem is the Spurs big men like West, Diaw and Aldridge and Duncan and be effective defensively against small ball lineups but those lineups can't guard our big men.

This isn't a situation where we would have to take out a Tim Duncan because he can't keep up or Diaw or West, those guys are adgile enough to keep up with any of the wing guys the Warriors have.

I'm also pretty sure that Leonard will absolutely shut down anyone he is asked to cover and Green isn't far behind in that department. So we are going to give Curry and Thompson all they can handle. That means that guys like Igie and Draymond Green are going to have to put in monster nights just to keep up with what the Spurs bring.

Finally, and this is most important, the Warriors are going to have to defend the San Antonio offense, that means we are still going to force them to defend the 3pt line all the way to the basket all the while Parker is running around making Curry run through 3 picks to cover him. And those guys having to defend 2 big men that ultra effective going 18 feet in to the basket. Any plays they don't double down will likely result in a basket, a foul and a trip to the free throw line.

No surprise he is talking about San Antonio, I'm sure Kerr is just loving the idea of facing San Antonio in a 7 game series.

------------------------------------

well said, it alleviates my anxiety a lil bit

-------------------------------------

how about OKC? how do we stack up against them?

kobyz
07-11-2015, 09:48 AM

There is no friends when it comes to winning titles, Kerr is competitive as hell and will do everything necessary to win like when he lied to his friend Dave Blatt about the lineup...

TheDoctor
07-11-2015, 09:52 AM
The butthurt is strong with this Golden State fucker. But I feel sorry for his Congo abused ass. Imaging that whatever you do, the Spurs will destroy your pansies' ass no matter what. He just won a Championship and is already thinking in the nightmare that is playing his ass-raping competition. He's scared as shit as those WarriorsWorld delusionals.

ceperez
07-11-2015, 10:06 AM
------------------------------------

well said, it alleviates my anxiety a lil bit

-------------------------------------

how about OKC? how do we stack up against them?

Bench is a lot weaker than previous years. Spurs lost to Thunder because they had Harden that took them over the top.

texbound
07-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Right? Trying to break an ex cia agent, that sounds plausible.

Splitting hairs here, but Pop was only recruited out of the AF academy. He never worked for the agency.

jhfenton
07-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Splitting hairs here, but Pop was only recruited out of the AF academy. He never worked for the agency.

Or so they want you to think.

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 10:16 AM
There is no friends when it comes to winning titles, Kerr is competitive as hell and will do everything necessary to win like when he lied to his friend Dave Blatt about the lineup...

hows that? kindly enlighten me.....

Vito Corleone
07-11-2015, 10:16 AM
The crazy thing about this is for the most part Tim will start games and finish games, as will Parker, but in the middle, those guys won't be on the floor much. Neither will average more than 28 minutes per game. Tim won't get more than 24. Same can be said of Manu. Most nights Mills and the new PG will be getting the bulk of the PG minutes. The only guys that will be getting more than 35 minutes per game will be Aldridge and Leonard. Other than those two Green will get somewhere between 28 and 32 minutes per game.

Spurs are going to be a very well rested bunch, I doubt Tim or Manu will play in a single B2B game all season.

The only worry I have is the injury bug, and that is what every team should be worried about. As long as San Antonio can remain healthy I see no reason why we should worry about any competition.

Fireball
07-11-2015, 10:29 AM
Only Thing he wants is to depressurize himself and the Warriors ...

LkrFan
07-11-2015, 10:32 AM
:lol

AFBlue
07-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Or so they want you to think.

Agree. He's probably still one of their best covert agents, hiding in plain sight. Lives in south Texas where the drug trade is rampant, in the same division with OKC and their meth-filled city...both of which likely find terrorism. Travels all over the country for eight months, then goes around the world visiting "wineries" for the other four. Yeah, he's definitely still in the game.

bklynspursfan
07-11-2015, 10:44 AM
you guys realize he and pop have the same sense of humor and are pretty tight? didn't pop say something similar about himself when they traded for RJ, that if they didn't win it all he shouldn't coach anymore? it was obviously sarcasm

bklynspursfan
07-11-2015, 10:46 AM

missed your post, but yes... glad someone got it :tu

Kuvai
07-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Spurs are on mission to destroy the world and give grand GOOD BYE to GREATEST PF and GREATEST TEAM PLAYER ever TIMMY Freaking DUNCAN.

KERR IS a ANT infront of POP A Elephant.

TheCerebral1
07-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Who the fuck cares what Kerr is doing. Had he gone up against the Spurs, he'd have lost in 6. The in-season series were classic examples that we were their worst match-up. Pop, doesn't allow a 1 year fluke of a coach getting on his better side.

honestfool84
07-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Most of y'all are trying to make a story where there isn't any story whatsoever.

Kerr is clearly joking. Relax.

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Spurs are on mission to destroy the world and give grand GOOD BYE to GREATEST PF and GREATEST TEAM PLAYER ever TIMMY Freaking DUNCAN.

KERR IS a ANT infront of POP A Elephant.

hear, hear

hater
07-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Kerr is one of the biggest scumbags in the league.

TDomination
07-11-2015, 11:46 AM
They were lucky to not have faced us. The NBA is about matchups and we matched up well with them, no matter what circumstances we were under. I know we could have beaten them and I know he knows that too.

So hopefully we meet each other this year in the WCF or whenever in the playoffs and spurs wipe the floor with their butt leaving no doubt who the better team is.

UZER
07-11-2015, 11:47 AM
:lol Kerr still mad about those Suns playoff suspension against SA.

BatManu20
07-11-2015, 11:48 AM
He was joking about about his friend.. :lol Spurfan getting up in arms over that

spurs10
07-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Kerr is one of the biggest scumbags in the league. :lol Now that's a hard one to say with a straight face.

TheGreatYacht
07-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Never understood why SpurFan rooted for that scrub in the finals. He hated the Spurs even in his broadcast days

therealtruth
07-11-2015, 12:30 PM

Exactly and the Spurs ended up with a 50-32 season, 7th place in the West and got swept by the Phoenix Suns. I'd like to see Pop at least win once when he has the expectations.

TXstbobcat
07-11-2015, 12:35 PM
Pop is playing chess. The rest of the league is playing checkers.

dbreiden83080
07-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Completely kidding around..

AaronY
07-11-2015, 12:56 PM
Kinda depressed so many are taking this seriously when he's obviously goofing around. Guess if your sole reason for posting here is to complain about how people treat the Spurs, any excuse will do

MultiTroll
07-11-2015, 12:59 PM
:rolleyes
2006 Rookie Avery
2011 Matt Bonner, playoff starter
2015 Doc Rivers :lol

Mikeanaro
07-11-2015, 01:02 PM
He´s just kidding, but thats what clowns do :sleep

I Heart Ginobili
07-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Agree. He's probably still one of their best covert agents, hiding in plain sight. Lives in south Texas where the drug trade is rampant, in the same division with OKC and their meth-filled city...both of which likely find terrorism. Travels all over the country for eight months, then goes around the world visiting "wineries" for the other four. Yeah, he's definitely still in the game.

I can't wait for all of this to become declassified.

Cactus Jack
07-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Love it.

tmtcsc
07-11-2015, 01:54 PM
Hah! The student trying to mess with the master. Good luck with that.

FkLA
07-11-2015, 02:42 PM
You can tell the same idiots that think Kerr was being serious don't read other posts in threads. If they did, they'd listen to the 4-5 people that are telling them Kerr is clearly joking.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2015, 02:46 PM
:lol why do some Spurs fans dislike Kerr? He loves the Spurs and always gushes over Pop and Duncan..

He even admitted that the Warriors were fortunate that they didn't play the Spurs in the playoffs..

Russ
07-11-2015, 02:52 PM
He was joking about about his friend.. :lol Spurfan getting up in arms over that

Sometimes I wonder if my sense of humor is really in tune with what is considered funny here.

Then I see the sincere heart-felt anger by most to what was so obvious and harmless a joke that it couldn't possibly have been spun otherwise by even the most unscrupulous paid political consultant . . .

Well, sometimes I wonder . . .

kobyz
07-11-2015, 03:15 PM
He is not just joking around, this is too extreme to be just a joke, there is for sure mind games behind this, when in history did you heard such thing said by a coach on other team and its coach? It's very odd and shifty, This is Kerr taking a lesson from the book of the zen master...

DrunkTXLabrat
07-11-2015, 03:25 PM
It's gonna be a really sad day in San Antonio. Kerr and Curry are going to be showing lots of love and respect, during the post series press release. Then they're going to talk about focusing on Splitter and the Hawks.

timvp
07-11-2015, 03:28 PM
*daydreaming about healthy Spurs playing the Warriors in the playoffs*

http://i.imgur.com/OKepHAA.gif

FkLA
07-11-2015, 03:30 PM
He is not just joking around, this is too extreme to be just a joke, there is for sure mind games behind this, when in history did you heard such thing said by a coach on other team and its coach? It's very odd and shifty, This is Kerr taking a lesson from the book of the zen master...

lol no

UZER
07-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Of course he was kidding.

Horse
07-11-2015, 04:31 PM
We saw in the finals warriors soft as charmin. Cleveland was just severely outgunned.

Brazil
07-11-2015, 05:22 PM

Spot on tbh

Brazil
07-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Check your PMs..

Shit dat game planning tbh

AFBlue
07-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Don't get the Kerr hate at all. He's always been very complimentary of the organization, coaches, and players. Dude has drank the koolaid and approves tbqh.

07-11-2015, 06:12 PM
"It's just basketball" :pop:

Maj_G
07-12-2015, 01:42 AM
He said the same thing about himself sometime last season, when all the analytics were predicting the warriors to win it all.

Maj_G
07-12-2015, 01:42 AM
Don't get the Kerr hate at all. He's always been very complimentary of the organization, coaches, and players. Dude has drank the koolaid and approves tbqh.

This

KaiRMD1
07-12-2015, 01:49 AM
Sounded like joking to me, nothing serious

daslicer
07-12-2015, 02:40 AM
From what I head he just sounded like he was joking around. It was Steve Kerr's typical sarcasm coming out it didn't seem like anything serious.

Russ
07-12-2015, 05:57 AM
Steve Kerr humbly describing his championship coaching style:

KuxhpLvWlAo

tatteredprince
07-12-2015, 06:24 AM
The boy pupil shall be schooled by the Master, this season

PopTheGOAT
07-12-2015, 01:56 PM

KuxhpLvWlAo
Lol love Steve Kerr. He has a fun, sarcastic personality. If you can't detect the sarcasm in the original video you're just retarded, tbh:lol

kobyz
07-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Lol love Steve Kerr. He has a fun, sarcastic personality. If you can't detect the sarcasm in the original video you're just retarded, tbh:lol

If you can't detect the mind games...

DMC
07-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Steve Kerr has mad respect for Pop, jokes about him quitting all the time.

There's no a coach in the league that would publicly disrespect Pop, not one. Phil isn't a coach.

kobyz
07-16-2015, 11:16 AM
:rolleyes
2006 Rookie Avery
2011 Matt Bonner, playoff starter
2015 Doc Rivers :lol

Totally, Pop is a loser and naive, hate those coach fans that overrated him to be the second coming of Jesus, I'm sure most real fans feeling that he will find a way to fuck it up this time like the many other times he fucked up in the Tim Duncan Era, only by not fouling when up 3 he cost us 2 titles(2006, 2013), 2 times wasting 2-0 series lead with HCA(2004,2012), wasting great momentum and confident of coming to a season after a title to lose it out by phatetic regular season and chocking 2-3 lead against the Clippers(2015) and etc...

HarlemHeat37
07-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Bad thread, as usual from the OP..hopefully he's banned soon, tbh..

TXstbobcat
07-16-2015, 11:27 AM
Totally, Pop is a loser and naive, hate those coach fans that overrated him to be the second coming of Jesus, I'm sure most real fans feeling that he will find a way to fuck it up this time like the many other times he fucked up in the Tim Duncan Era, only by not fouling when up 3 he cost us 2 titles(2006, 2013), 2 times wasting 2-0 series lead with HCA(2004,2012), wasting great momentum and confident of coming to a season after a title to lose it out by phatetic regular season and chocking 2-3 lead against the Clippers(2015) and etc...

Are you seriously calling a coach who has coached the Spurs to 5 NBA titles a loser????????

kobyz
07-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Are you seriously calling a coach who has coached the Spurs to 5 NBA titles a loser????????

So how should I call the most naive coach in history?

kobyz
07-16-2015, 11:35 AM
It's easy to get into his head, no surprise Kerr is trying...

TXstbobcat
07-16-2015, 11:45 AM
So how should I call the most naive coach in history?

you should be calling him one of the greatest coaches in NBA history

therealtruth
07-16-2015, 07:12 PM

Be careful. Pop's worshipped on these forums. Does he have his faults or could he have won more championships? Yes, but at the same time he's one of the best coaches in NBA history.

timtonymanu
07-16-2015, 07:23 PM
Gotta love the sensitive women in here thinking Kerr was dissing Pop. :lol

SnakeBoy
07-16-2015, 08:06 PM

KuxhpLvWlAo

Man the arrogance of this guy. Taking all the credit and then disrespecting Pop. I used to like Kerr but now fuck that guy.