PDA

View Full Version : [ESPN first take] Tim Ducan & David West Take Pay Cuts to Play with Spurs

spursparker9
07-11-2015, 12:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VozvnrRNEN4

BillMc
07-11-2015, 12:46 PM
They spend way more time talking about LeBron than Duncan. Tim's sacrifice is almost taken for granted these days.

Cheers for OP for posting though. :toast

TXstbobcat
07-11-2015, 12:58 PM
They spend way more time talking about LeBron than Duncan. Tim's sacrifice is almost taken for granted these days.

It does seem that the entire league centers around Lebron. Made 2014 so cool to beat the leagues poster boy and break up that heat team that the entire basketball universe centered around.

tatteredprince
07-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Tim is absolutely greater than Lebron

andn hopefully Tim gets his sixth ring this season, tying him with MJ

TheMulletMan3000
07-11-2015, 01:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VozvnrRNEN4

ugh. I hate First Take. When skip says "my Spurs" I cringe so bad

spurraider21
07-11-2015, 02:09 PM
There was no skip in the video you just quoted

SpursOwn
07-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Jesus fucking christ they really turned that into a convo on Lebron?

Oh wait, a show on ESPN, well of course they did. So sad. And girls with short hair should be a crime, unless you're really old.

unleashbaynes
07-11-2015, 02:19 PM

Oh wait, a show on ESPN, well of course they did. So sad. And girls with short hair should be a crime, unless you're really old.

:rollin

BillMc
07-11-2015, 02:33 PM

Agreed. And usually says "my Spurs" before he makes some completely bogus judgement on them.

Also this Will Cain idiot seems to be confusing the 2003 Lakers with the 2004 Lakers but whatever. All First Take staff are required to mention 1) LeBron and 2) the Lakers when they were good, at least once per episode and usually more than that.

TheMulletMan3000
07-11-2015, 02:35 PM
There was no skip in the video you just quoted

I was talking about First Take generally.

Big P
07-11-2015, 02:45 PM
:lmao to the dallas homer..."I'll still take cleveland."...

TheMulletMan3000
07-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Agreed. And usually says "my Spurs" before he makes some completely bogus judgement on them.

Also this Will Cain idiot seems to be confusing the 2003 Lakers with the 2004 Lakers but whatever. All First Take staff are required to mention 1) LeBron and 2) the Lakers when they were good, at least once per episode and usually more than that.

:lol Yup. That's it.

AFBlue
07-11-2015, 02:46 PM
That was a garbage discussion. The whole thing. Stinking, rotting garbage.

Texas_Ranger
07-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Comparing LeBron joining the Heat and West taking less money is stupid. The Spurs big 3 are not in their prime, while the Heat big 3 were all playing the best basketball in their lives. What the Heat did is like if in 03 Kevin Garnett and Vince Carter (I just won't put Kobe) joined the Spurs.

DJR210
07-11-2015, 03:23 PM

Yeah, pretty underwhelming discussion.

BillMc
07-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Comparing LeBron joining the Heat and West taking less money is stupid. The Spurs big 3 are not in their prime, while the Heat big 3 were all playing the best basketball in their lives. What the Heat did is like if in 03 Kevin Garnett and Vince Carter (I just won't put Kobe) joined the Spurs.

Exactly.

Spurtacular
07-11-2015, 04:07 PM

So, you don't like this? :lol

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/16/dc/03/16dc0318ec8b01d84fb56bbd9bdbd777.jpg

clubalien
07-11-2015, 04:28 PM
is there an asterisk if we win a championship because tim duncan cheated the cap by taking less money.

703 Spurz
07-11-2015, 04:37 PM
So, you don't like this? :lol

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/16/dc/03/16dc0318ec8b01d84fb56bbd9bdbd777.jpg

I'd stick my dick in her mouth still but her with longer hair was the best.

07-11-2015, 04:37 PM
is there an asterisk if we win a championship because tim duncan cheated the cap by taking less money.Yes

Robz4000
07-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Who the fuck is Tim Ducan?

rexrobinson
07-11-2015, 10:47 PM

I find it funny that when a relatively good player like David West takes a drastic pay cut to "chase rings" with San Antonio, ESPN creates a narrative that demonizes it. Honestly, I think David West is just conforming to "Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs". I presume he is financially set for life so more important things are needed to give him fulfillment such as quality of worklife. I think the idea that he is "chasing rings" is too simplistic. He is going to get drastically lower minutes in an organization that puts winning first, get coached up by one of the greatest, play with a couple of future Hall of Famers and know that the effort he puts in won't be wasted day in and day out. It is not a virtuous feat to take less money in order to put oneself in a position of happiness but it does make sense for those who no longer covet money over all other things.

AFBlue
07-11-2015, 11:21 PM
I find it funny that when a relatively good player like David West takes a drastic pay cut to "chase rings" with San Antonio, ESPN creates a narrative that demonizes it. Honestly, I think David West is just conforming to "Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs". I presume he is financially set for life so more important things are needed to give him fulfillment such as quality of worklife. I think the idea that he is "chasing rings" is too simplistic. He is going to get drastically lower minutes in an organization that puts winning first, get coached up by one of the greatest, play with a couple of future Hall of Famers and know that the effort he puts in won't be wasted day in and day out. It is not a virtuous feat to take less money in order to put oneself in a position of happiness but it does make sense for those who no longer covet money over all other things.

I thought Freddie Coleman was trying to be too contrarian and hoping one of the others would vehemently disagree so as to create drama. Only he had no point other than to say he'd never hate on anyone for taking the money, so there really wasn't a counter. It was just plain awful.

rexrobinson
07-11-2015, 11:35 PM
I thought Freddie Coleman was trying to be too contrarian and hoping one of the others would vehemently disagree so as to create drama. Only he had no point other than to say he'd never hate on anyone for taking the money, so there really wasn't a counter. It was just plain awful.

Absolutely, it was very contrived and just reeked of the usual ESPN synthetic narrative to get "clicks" however, that show is so horribly produced they can't even get their actors to properly play the antagonist/protagonist anymore.

07-12-2015, 10:38 AM
I think Skip and SAS are back tomorrow morning.

I'm kinda curious whether those two blowhards chime in on the Spurs acquisitions.

weebo
07-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Maybe David West just wants to know what it's like to be on a team that will go down in history as one of the greatest sports teams ever with one of the greatest player and coach ever.

TE
07-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Nice, way to apply Maslow's theory to a Spurs signing :lol :tu

DMC
07-12-2015, 11:55 AM

Technically they were the 2003 - 2004 Lakers since their season started in the fall of 2003, and to say they went nowhere is bullshit. They made the Finals. That's not going "nowhere".

BillMc
07-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Technically they were the 2003 - 2004 Lakers since their season started in the fall of 2003, and to say they went nowhere is bullshit. They made the Finals. That's not going "nowhere".

He refers them as the 2003 Lakers. It is the norm when referring to a team by only one year, to mean the end of the season year. (The 2014 Spurs were champions for example, the 2013 weren't.)

Either way, I made no reference to them going "nowhere." I assume you mean he did.

DMC
07-12-2015, 12:09 PM
He refers them as the 2003 Lakers. It is the norm when referring to a team by only one year, to mean the end of the season year. (The 2014 Spurs were champions for example, the 2013 weren't.)

Either way, I made no reference to them going "nowhere." I assume you mean he did.
Yeah he did. I was agreeing with you on both accounts.

BillMc
07-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Yeah he did. I was agreeing with you on both accounts.

Ok. My bad! :lol

SnakeBoy
07-12-2015, 12:24 PM

Agreed but I'd rather listen to Skip than that short haired chick who is filling in...damn she is annoying.

baseline bum
07-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Damn, scrub ass Wilson Chandler just got more money than Danny Green. I'm still in shock Green gave the Spurs such a hometown discount.

DMC
07-12-2015, 12:40 PM
Agreed but I'd rather listen to Skip than that short haired chick who is filling in...damn she is annoying.
She doesn't know how to make her point without talking too long, so others have to summarize her point for her so they can move on. She's a writer, needs to learn how to make bullet points.