PDA

View Full Version : The Basilica de Jonathan Simmons

Darkwaters
07-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Come one and all to worship.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/05/22/df/cd/church-of-the-assumption.jpg

Darkwaters
07-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Oops. Didn't see the other church.

FkLA
07-11-2015, 04:39 PM
:worthy:

dabom
07-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Oops. Didn't see the other church.

:lmao

So good he needs 2 churches. :lmao

r0drig0lac
07-11-2015, 04:43 PM
http://www.animated-gifs.eu/religion-prayers/0007.gif

07-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Dude's already better than *****

Mr. Body
07-11-2015, 04:55 PM
I'll take this one. It's spelled correctly.

Kurik
07-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Praise him! :worthy:

GreggPopAsnitch
07-11-2015, 04:57 PM
His dunk.... Speechless

BillMc
07-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Simmons may be worthy of multi-denominations.

MultiTroll
03-13-2016, 10:49 AM
Is it still open?
:depressed

MultiTroll
03-15-2016, 09:48 PM
:pop::depressed

benched against the Clippers. So we could watch Diaw and Parker graze.

playbonner15
03-15-2016, 09:53 PM
:pop::depressed

benched against the Clippers. So we could watch Diaw and Parker graze.
He's sick. Doctor's orders

MultiTroll
03-15-2016, 09:54 PM
He's sick. Doctor's orders
Oh thank you! :p:

MoSpur
03-15-2016, 09:57 PM
I was wondering what is up with him.

MoSpur
03-15-2016, 09:57 PM
Do the Spurs have his option for next year or is it his option?

GSH
03-09-2017, 12:42 AM
Wasn't paying that much attention, I guess, but Simmons picked up 6 fouls in a span of 7 min 24 seconds. I'm sure he was told to go play aggressive defense, just like everyone else, but damn. That was his first foul at 8:47 of the 4th, and he picked up his 6th at 1:23. I don't know what the record is for the shortest time span for picking up 6 fouls in the NBA, but that has to at least get honorable mention. Spurs players chasing all kinds of records this year. :lol

SAGirl
03-09-2017, 12:47 AM
Heh I made a note of it in the thread but I didn't know it was in that short span of time...:lol

GSH
03-09-2017, 01:28 AM
Heh I made a note of it in the thread but I didn't know it was in that short span of time...:lol

Sorry, didn't see it. I mostly just watched this evening.

Yeah, usually if a guy picks up a couple of quick fouls he goes to the bench for a while. And a guy who is a foul machine usually doesn't get enough minutes to foul all the way out like that. I really think Simmons might have just found his way into the record books. :lol

TheGreatYacht
03-09-2017, 02:23 AM
Still played great tho

FuzzyLumpkins
03-09-2017, 03:08 AM
He's expanded his game but is still putting it all together. Was nice to see him hit from midrange multiple times.

Robz4000
03-09-2017, 03:19 AM
He needs to stop hesitating on his threes. I don't care how good the rest of his game is, if he can't confidently take and make the three he has no place in the rotation. Same obviously applies to Fathead, but him being 6'9" gives him a bit more leeway since he can play multiple positions.

bklynspursfan
03-09-2017, 08:21 AM
He shot the ball OK in the 2nd half. He hasn't had a signature dunk in some time, I'm not sure why he isn't looking to dunk when he gets to the rim.

They'll need his energy in the playoffs. Just gotta play smarter and under control

CGD
03-09-2017, 09:02 AM
I like this guy, but part of me hopes he gets a big offer this summer and that the Spurs move on. His inconsistency is worrisome. Dude just needs to get out of his head.

spursistan
03-09-2017, 10:50 PM
He is a scrub who got over-glorified by the "Spurs system" tie-in and the Oracle game.

Fathead can't get well soon enough :lol..

Hoops Czar
03-09-2017, 10:58 PM
Malik Hairston 2.0 who got over glorified by Spurstalk. He was never that good.

spursistan
03-09-2017, 11:07 PM
He's actually regressed big time from last year outside defensive effort/awareness if you look strictly at the numbers..His shooting has completely deserted him-- or it was mutually done..

SAGirl
03-09-2017, 11:36 PM
He's indeed shooting worse than last season which is disappointing bc Pop has clearly bought in with him and they have given him every opportunity and spoonfed him minutes at times.

The playoffs is where it counts, that's all one can hope for. But he has been very disappointing.

sasaint
03-10-2017, 12:06 AM
He's indeed shooting worse than last season which is disappointing bc Pop has clearly bought in with him and they have given him every opportunity and spoonfed him minutes at times.

The playoffs is where it counts, that's all one can hope for. But he has been very disappointing.

Everything you said is true. By the same token he has become the whipping boy of the refs for the entire league. He gets called for defensive fouls just for breathing on opponents. And when he drives to the basket strong he gets hammered more often than not, and... no call.

SAGirl
03-10-2017, 12:12 AM
Everything you said is true. By the same token he has become the whipping boy of the refs for the entire league. He gets called for defensive fouls just for breathing on opponents. And when he drives to the basket strong he gets hammered more often than not, and... no call.
...Anderson gets the same. One of Vince Carter so called blocks on him in the Memphis game was an egregious foul on him. There's contact on many plays. Only the stars get those calls consistently. For the roleplayers they get them sometimes others they don't....

You and I have have disagreed on the fouls they call on him so I will just leave it there. I do think he's quite foul prone foe a perimeter player and he's doesn't do a good job on screens, but not going to argue. He may get a phantom call here or there but clearly not all, not even most.

OTOH Pop will continue to give him opportunities so one can only hope for the best with him... but frankly never been as high on him as others here. Wish him the best though.

sasaint
03-10-2017, 12:25 AM
...Anderson gets the same. One of Vince Carter so called blocks on him in the Memphis game was an egregious foul on him. There's contact on many plays. Only the stars get those calls consistently. For the roleplayers they get them sometimes others they don't....

You and I have have disagreed on the fouls they call on him so I will just leave it there. I do think he's quite foul prone foe a perimeter player and he's doesn't do a good job on screens, but not going to argue. He may get a phantom call here or there but clearly not all, not even most.

OTOH Pop will continue to give him opportunities so one can only hope for the best with him... but frankly never been as high on him as others here. Wish him the best though.

We don't disagree as much as you may think. Yes, he clearly is foul-prone. That is something he must fix in order to stay in the league. Against the Kings he fouled out in record time, but at least one of those calls (and probably 2) were phantoms. He has a reputation that hurts him when the refs are the slightest bit in doubt. Yes, Anderson gets the same junk calls - but not nearly as bad on the defensive end. It's open season on either one when he goes to the hole. I really do wish they could both live up to the flashes they both show. I doubt that it will be with the Spurs, though.

TD 21
03-10-2017, 01:11 AM
He's just flat out not good enough to be a rotation player for a team with championship aspirations. He's probably not good enough to be a full time rotation player period; he's closer to a fringe player.

jermaine
03-10-2017, 06:06 AM
I was telling my wife last night, he's the kinds of player that seems like he has the "It factor", but he just needs to turn the curb to be that.... But he just can't seem to turn that curb. I like this nicca but he's just not "IT" for me. He's not taking advantage.

pookenstein
03-10-2017, 06:40 AM
Draft day trade to the Lakers if they keep their pick. DO IT, MAGIC!

Chinook
03-10-2017, 07:46 AM
His problem is that Pop overplays the hell out of him.

Brazil
03-10-2017, 11:13 AM
:lol still better than Anderson tbh

Chinook
03-10-2017, 11:21 AM

Spurs probably win if Simmons dives in front of Anderson to saves Kyle's leg from Green's assault on Wednesday.

GSH
03-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Simmons took a hell of a lot of contact last night while he was going up with the ball. I even recorded the game so I could see if it was just me being a homer. But I realized something watching it. Good players go up expecting contact - they even initiate the contact a lot of the time. Simmons just goes up, and when the contact comes he's off his shot.

He's got one of the best shooting coaches in the business, and he needs to improve his jump shooting in the offseason. But his biggest value is his ability to pressure defenses and get to the rack. But that goes to shit when he can't finish. He has to learn how to lean into a defender, take the contact, and then put up his shot. Yeah the refs refused to make some calls they should have. But if he wants to be that kind of player, he's going to have to be able to finish and not depend on the refs. If he starts doing that, he'll probably start getting more whistles, too.

rjv
03-10-2017, 11:37 AM
i'm afraid simmons has hit his ceiling. he's a hell of an athlete but is turning into a below average NBA basketball player.

dabom
03-10-2017, 11:43 AM

:lol true

sasaint
03-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Simmons took a hell of a lot of contact last night while he was going up with the ball. I even recorded the game so I could see if it was just me being a homer. But I realized something watching it. Good players go up expecting contact - they even initiate the contact a lot of the time. Simmons just goes up, and when the contact comes he's off his shot.

He's got one of the best shooting coaches in the business, and he needs to improve his jump shooting in the offseason. But his biggest value is his ability to pressure defenses and get to the rack. But that goes to shit when he can't finish. He has to learn how to lean into a defender, take the contact, and then put up his shot. Yeah the refs refused to make some calls they should have. But if he wants to be that kind of player, he's going to have to be able to finish and not depend on the refs. If he starts doing that, he'll probably start getting more whistles, too.

If he can improve in both of those skills, he will be a valuable rotation player in the league - perhaps a starter. If he improves in one of those areas he may remain in the league. But if he fails to improve in either area, he will end up in China.

wildbill2u
03-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Simmons makes a lot of silly turnovers, both with passing and his mishandling of his dribble. I love his attitude and athleticism, but if he would only get to the point where the game slows down and he understands how to use his skills without a fumble or turnover, he'd be a really solid player.

TheDoctor
03-11-2017, 10:32 AM

I was thinking this very thing. He's missing too much shots near the rim. It's like his body control and balance to put a good shot goes to shit once he receives any kind of air contact.

Also he's on a Dedmonian Crusade too by committing the most stupid fouls.

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2017, 10:54 AM
:lol tbh these Fathead fans were waiting for a chance to go at him

Simmons had a 14/4/4 game just two games ago. That would've been Fathead's highlight of his career..

dabom
03-11-2017, 06:31 PM

Simmons had a 14/4/4 game just two games ago. That would've been Fathead's highlight of his career..

:lol

Mnky
03-11-2017, 07:24 PM

:toast

Brazil
03-11-2017, 10:17 PM
:lol

jermaine
03-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Simmons sucks ass! I thought this nigga was better than Anderson. As I watch this game, this trash ads nigga ain't no where near Anderson's level. His BBIQ is dumpsta juice... Fucking pathetic!!! Anderson is sooooo much smarter than this rock.

jermaine
03-11-2017, 10:42 PM
How is this nigga not the face of Shaq'in a fool??? Seriously

spursistan
03-13-2017, 10:11 PM
It is unfortunate his season and potentially the rest of his career is going down the toilet..Really think Pop is close to giving up on him..If he doesn't pick up his play in the next few games Manu rest and others are on the shelf, he will be catching DNPs soon..

dabom
03-13-2017, 10:13 PM
It is unfortunate his season and potentially the rest of his career is going down the toilet..Really think Pop is close to giving up on him..If he doesn't pick up his play in the next few games Manu rest and others are on the shelf, he will be catching DNPs soon..

Is he gonna have a standout next game? :lmao

sasaint
03-13-2017, 10:23 PM

Pop is giving Forbes a chance to push Simmons out the door.

spursistan
03-13-2017, 10:25 PM
That quick hook on him at the start of the fourth doesn't bode well..

sasaint
03-13-2017, 10:28 PM
That quick hook on him at the start of the fourth doesn't bode well..

Haven't checked the box score, but I bet Simmons saw less than 2 minutes of game time.

SAGirl
03-13-2017, 10:31 PM
He doesn't need a signature game, but he should aim to be playing better than he is right now.

Pop is less reactionary to a single poor game than guys here anyways otherwise Forbes would have been cut long ago. :lol

GSH
03-13-2017, 10:32 PM
Haven't checked the box score, but I bet Simmons saw less than 2 minutes of game time.

I laughed about it in the game thread. There was a point where his line on NBA.com showed 0 minutes, 0 everything, and a -3 on the +/-. I know they round the minutes, but it still looked funny as hell. Like the guy was a net negative while sitting on the bench.

SAGirl
03-13-2017, 10:35 PM
Maybe ... I saw it differently. Forbes got a shot bc both Tony and Murray were injured. When To y specially comes back Mills goes back to the bench and Mills, Forbes Manu are way too undersized... but frankly it's tough to tell. I still think he'll get chances there's matchups he's been groomed for and he's still a nice hustle and energy guy. Much as I am critical of him I don't think Pop has given up on him...

but playing time time is hard to come by and he needs to get it together.

sasaint
03-13-2017, 10:46 PM
I laughed about it in the game thread. There was a point where his line on NBA.com showed 0 minutes, 0 everything, and a -3 on the +/-. I know they round the minutes, but it still looked funny as hell. Like the guy was a net negative while sitting on the bench.

I noticed. Pitiful. I've been in Simmons' corner for two tantalizing years, but the last 8-10 weeks have been a steady, not-so-slow decline. At his current usage, he has no chance of redeeming himself before the playoffs. He is gone after this season. He is too old for a stint in Europe and a return to the NBA. But I no longer see him as a real NBA prospect.

sasaint
03-13-2017, 10:50 PM
Maybe ... I saw it differently. Forbes got a shot bc both Tony and Murray were injured. When To y specially comes back Mills goes back to the bench and Mills, Forbes Manu are way too undersized... but frankly it's tough to tell. I still think he'll get chances there's matchups he's been groomed for and he's still a nice hustle and energy guy. Much as I am critical of him I don't think Pop has given up on him...

Pop has given Simmons time as a PG. He should have been first up spelling Manu and Mills. When he got in, he was yanked almost immediately for a missed defensive assignment and a turnover.

MultiTroll
03-13-2017, 10:51 PM
Sick of the drive / turnover.
When he drives and it's not there he needs to learn how to do the Ginobili type assists.

A midrange jumper would really help. Teams are on to him.

SAGirl
03-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Pop has given Simmons time as a PG. He should have been first up spelling Manu and Mills. When he got in, he was yanked almost immediately for a missed defensive assignment and a turnover.
I didn't think Pop had him as PG per se. It's been Mills but there a lot of misnomers, and a lot of arguments about it. He's been given chances with the ball bc that's supposedly his best feature but he's obviously no PG.
edit I do think Pop is getting more strict with him, the unnecessary fouling, etc. Time will tell, much as I wasn't a fan, I also wasn't wishing for him to implode.

Ice009
03-13-2017, 11:03 PM

Is it actually possible Pop could try TP off the bench when he comes back?

I noticed. Pitiful. I've been in Simmons' corner for two tantalizing years, but the last 8-10 weeks have been a steady, not-so-slow decline. At his current usage, he has no chance of redeeming himself before the playoffs. He is gone after this season. He is too old for a stint in Europe and a return to the NBA. But I no longer see him as a real NBA prospect.

Anyway, in regards to Simmons, I don't know what more to say. I didn't give up on him after another terrible pre-season (not as bad as his first pre-season, still not good, though), but he always seems to regress towards the end of the season when the games start mattering. He does well in the games against average teams the first half of the season, but then it seems that his game starts dropping.

I'm pretty disappointed in him so far. The stupid turnovers, the poor ball handling, the fouling too much on defense, the not taking open shots and then having zero confidence when he does take those shots, the faking a shot and driving into trouble and turning it over or taking a worse shot than the open one he passed up, yeah, he's not doing too well at all, and it's almost money time. Simmons has to pick it up 100% and clean all that up before the playoffs, otherwise, I wouldn't even give him anything other than spot minutes. Unfortunately, there's not much time left for him to do that. I hope he realizes that his stock is dropping and his NBA career could be on the line. That promising payday that it seemed like he was sure to get this off-season could slowly vanish for him.

Hoops Czar
03-13-2017, 11:08 PM
Is it actually possible Pop could try TP off the bench when he comes back?

Anyway, in regards to Simmons, I don't know what more to say. I didn't give up on him after another terrible pre-season (not as bad as his first pre-season, still not good, though), but he always seems to regress towards the end of the season when the games start mattering. He does well in the games against average teams the first half of the season, but then it seems that his game starts dropping.

I'm pretty disappointed in him so far. The stupid turnovers, the poor ball handling, the fouling too much on defense, the not taking open shots and then having zero confidence when he does take those shots, the faking a shot and driving into trouble and turning it over or taking a worse shot than the open one he passed up, yeah, he's not doing too well at all, and it's almost money time. Simmons has to pick it up 100% and clean all that up before the playoffs, otherwise, I wouldn't even give him anything other than spot minutes. Unfortunately, there's not much time left for him to do that. I hope he realizes that his stock is dropping and his NBA career could be on the line. That promising payday that it seemed like he was sure to get this off-season could slowly vanish for him.

All that D-Wade swag and not a tenth the talent of the former. He's a scrub. At his best, he's a fringe NBA player.

SAGirl
03-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Is it actually possible Pop could try TP off the bench
Tough to say. That's another whole can of worms. He did allegedly brought Gasol off the bench initially while he was coming back from injury. Considering how brittle and prone to injuries Tony is, the fact the 3rd and 4th string backup PG are rookies, etc... it might actually be for the best. Mills is healthy playing great and if Tony gets injured midplayoff you only need that 3rd string PG to give you some minutes next to Manu against benches. It's a much better proposition than moving guys up and down. I am not coach Becky though, so I can't advice Pop. :lol

SAGirl
03-14-2017, 12:07 AM
Simmons in March: 37.8% from the field, 25% on the 3, 1.8 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1 TO 1.9 fouls... worst impact than Bryn Forbes. -0.4 +/-
You go back and add the month of February and he turns into the absolute worst impact player for the Spurs... negative impact. 38.9 from the field, 13% on the 3 almost as many TO as assist and a -0.9 in +/-.
You add January and it doesn't get much better, just a slight uptick. He's been on a downward spiral which is disappointing.
He may still have some uses on defense (for which he must stop the fouling).

GSH
03-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Simmons in March: 37.8% from the field, 25% on the 3, 1.8 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1 TO 1.9 fouls... worst impact than Bryn Forbes. -0.4 +/-
You go back and add the month of February and he turns into the absolute worst impact player for the Spurs... negative impact. 38.9 from the field, 13% on the 3 almost as many TO as assist and a -0.9 in +/-.
You add January and it doesn't get much better, just a slight uptick. He's been on a downward spiral which is disappointing.

Stats don't always tell the story, but they help. The way Simmons started the season, I thought he was much improved from last year and getting better. But there's no doubt in my mind that he's gone the other way. Those numbers pretty much confirm that.

My gut feeling is that he's trying hard to be un-selfish and play a style that he's just not good at. But even that may be wishful thinking. He may have just gotten by with a lot of shit because nobody had paid much attention to him before.

$pursDynasty
03-14-2017, 08:54 AM
To be honest I always imagined the Spurs having two totally distinct units. One of the young guns who play the way they play now. KingSlayer, LMAlpha, Dewayne, Dijon and Verde (younger athletic and ISO centric). Then having a 2nd unit that played the beautiful game way, MVParker, Pau, Manu/Microwave, DLee and then Simmons would be the 3 in that unit. It could use his ultra athleticism and their centuries of basketball IQ would more than make up for any deficiencies he might have on that front. It would be hard for a team to prepare for two totally different teams each and every night. Plus all the players from both of the units have experience playing in the other units style of play so they could do it as well as matchups health or fouls dictate. And we still have Davis who can either be the 4 if LMA plays the 5 or with the beautiful game squad.

kaji157
03-14-2017, 09:05 AM
Either pop finds a way to convince him to be more assertive on offense or he will be out of the rotation by the playoffs.
Forbes has shown that while undersized and with bad handles he knows his role and will focus on fulfilling it.
Simmons on the other hand wants to force issues that are not there and refrains from taking the shots that the game gives him.
It's like the antithesis of "take what the defense gives you", he is so insecure that he doesn't take those shots and forces others that are not there.

sasaint
03-14-2017, 10:11 AM
I didn't think Pop had him as PG per se. It's been Mills but there a lot of misnomers, and a lot of arguments about it. He's been given chances with the ball bc that's supposedly his best feature but he's obviously no PG.
edit I do think Pop is getting more strict with him, the unnecessary fouling, etc. Time will tell, much as I wasn't a fan, I also wasn't wishing for him to implode.

Yeah, it is pointless to argue semantics. Pop has given Juice plenty of opportunities to establish himself as a principal (if not the principal) ball handler. He has literally fumbled them away. Forbes is not necessarily pressing Simmons to take his role but his minutes. The Spurs have quite a few wings/combo guards who are not complete ball players, but do have overlapping skills, such that replacements/substitutes do not necessarily duplicate the skill(s) of the guy they replace.

On the other hand, perhaps Pop just wants to see a little more of Forbes to see what he has to offer in the big league. But the way he inserted Simmons into the lineup and yanked him immediately argues against that. I have been rooting for Simmons because I thought that a fully actualized player with his skill set would be a huge asset for the Spurs. Unfortunately Simmons isn't close to being that "actualized" player.

spursistan
03-15-2017, 10:56 PM

Just no let up..I think I have given up on him..

SAGirl
03-16-2017, 12:12 AM
I don't know what to tell you,.. I wasn't a fan but I also didn't want him to flame out. What's a shame is that Pop kept spoon feeding him minutes and he only got worse as the season wore on.

Right now they didn't make any other moves bc he was their guy.

Budkin
03-16-2017, 12:16 AM
I don't know what to tell you,.. I wasn't a fan but I also didn't want him to flame out. What's a shame is that Pop kept spoon feeding him minutes and he only got worse as the season wore on.

It's nuts how much his game has regressed. Did the pressure just get to him?

sasaint
03-16-2017, 12:16 AM

What a pathetic paradox but unfortunately true.

Ice009
03-16-2017, 08:09 PM
I hope he has saved almost every penny he's earned these past two seasons. I think that once promising big payday during the off-season for him is rapidly declining. Do you guys think any team/s would give him bigger offers than the minimum at this point?

I'm not sure if I'd even want him back at his current salary. Right now, I'd say "no". What would you guys pay for him, or would you not want him back even for the minimum?

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 08:23 PM
I'd take him over Fathead, Forbes, and Anthony for sure

sasaint
03-16-2017, 08:31 PM
I hope he has saved almost every penny he's earned these past two seasons. I think that once promising big payday during the off-season for him is rapidly declining. Do you guys think any team/s would give him bigger offers than the minimum at this point?

I'm not sure if I'd even want him back at his current salary. Right now, I'd say "no". What would you guys pay for him, or would you not want him back even for the minimum?

I agree with you. The guy has played himself out of a nice payday. I don't see him getting any offers over the minimum, and I wouldn't want the Spurs to be the team to extend him that offer at this point. He would have to perform a miraculous turnaround to interest me at this point, which distresses me to say. I have been a big supporter of Simmons for two years.

ElNono
03-16-2017, 08:54 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RvtVAma4kh4/VX6h4rHd_eI/AAAAAAAAN7Q/OYHlRsL5kI0/s1600/Bas1.jpg

SAGirl
03-16-2017, 09:01 PM

No, bc he's too old to consider an NBA prospect at this point. A GM would have to consider that he is what he is at this point.

If he was younger I could see some team gamble on him based on the flashes he showed (see the contract K.J. McDaniels got from the Rockets, but K.J. was around 21-22 when he got that contract.) Simmons will instead turn 28 b4 his next contract and with guaranteed minutes and opportunities this season in a great team he got continually worse. That is an awful sign.

I can't predict how it goes with him, but if any team offers him more than the min, he should take it. He can't give hometown discounts to the Spurs when his career is this tenuous.

I still think playoff performance matters for him. He is still getting small chances at this point, and I don't think Pop will fully bench him bc Spurs may need him. But he's clearly losing minutes, and he may very well be on his way out.

urunobili
03-17-2017, 08:47 AM
Adding to Nono's photographic documentation from another angle...

http://waow.images.worldnow.com/images/8066448_G.jpg

bklynspursfan
03-17-2017, 09:26 AM

If he shows up in the Playoffs? Absolutely... Especially if we play GS and he has a similar type impact he did in G1 against them. Not likely, but it's a "what have you done for me lately" league. That's his best chance to make up for his sporadic play

SAGirl
03-19-2017, 12:50 AM
Simmons had his best game in a long while. Great to see.

It's a shame the team wasted that game by him and still lost the game. Hopefully he keeps the good momentum goin bc with The team's backcourt rotation in an unpredictable state he's not out of possibilities for minutes even as shaky as he had been looking.

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2017, 11:51 PM
Continues to play well tbh.. Looks like he has found his shot again

SAGirl
03-21-2017, 11:52 PM
The Basilica is under repairs...
Well deserved bump. He's bounced back and is hitting a stride with his shooting right as the playoffs are around the corner. Great to see him hitting the outside shot. He's likely getting paid.:greedy:greedy

sasaint
03-21-2017, 11:59 PM
The Basilica is under repairs...
Well deserved bump. He's bounced back and is hitting a stride with his shooting right as the playoffs are around the corner. Great to see him hitting the outside shot. He's likely getting paid.:greedy:greedy

He got hit with another blocking call by the refs when he was charged. Plus, he crashed the boards on that one play for the precisely-timed monster dunk put-back at a critical juncture. Haven't seen that kind of aggression from the guy in awhile. I jumped off his band wagon, so I can't really jump back on. But I'm just sayin'...

SAGirl
03-22-2017, 12:05 AM
He got hit with another blocking call by the refs when he was charged. Plus, he crashed the boards on that one play for the precisely-timed monster dunk put-back at a critical juncture. Haven't seen that kind of aggression from the guy in awhile. I jumped off his band wagon, so I can't really jump back on. But I'm just sayin'...
Nah...
It was great to see.
In fact, if he continues to play this well, I could see Pop retaining him and one of Dedmon and Patty gone.
It's not like I want any of the 3 gone, but Simmons is likely easier to retain and Spurs have issues at guard. I wanted them to get someone better in the offseason if he was playing that poorly.
Still the playoffs is where it's at. I want him to play well bc that bodes well for the team and he's a guy that is easy to cheer for, good person, good backstory, father of 4 young girls... etc. No hate for the player.

But again, playoffs is where is at. I don't think he will disappoint... (fingers crossed)... more worried about the aged guards tbh... they also have a bigger role.

sasaint
03-22-2017, 12:13 AM
Nah...
It was great to see.
In fact, if he continues to play this well, I could see Pop retaining him and one of Dedmon and Patty gone.
It's not like I want any of the 3 gone, but Simmons is likely easier to retain and Spurs have issues at guard. I wanted them to get someone better in the offseason if he was playing that poorly.
Still the playoffs is where it's at. I want him to play well bc that bodes well for the team and he's a guy that is easy to cheer for, good person, good backstory, father of 4 young girls... etc. No hate for the player.

But again, playoffs is where is at. I don't think he will disappoint... (fingers crossed)... more worried about the aged guards tbh... they also have a bigger role.

Yes, I hope Simmons - and everybody - plays well in the playoffs. We desperately need everybody playing up to potential. Beyond the playoffs, next season is very scary at this point. Our backcourt needs a serious overhaul.

Robz4000
03-22-2017, 12:41 AM
Three games in a row now he's looked good and he isn't hesitating (as much) with his three-point shot. If he can keep up the upward trend it'd definitely improve the Spurs' chances.

rjv
03-22-2017, 09:53 AM
hopefully, the playoffs don't become to big a spotlight for simmons. i'm still not convinced that he's not one of those players who goes to a "sunken place" in big moments. he could be a big, big key for us if he plays like he has shown he can (such as last night).

MaNu4Tres
03-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Too inconsistent.

I can see Spurs giving him another shot with a 1+1 deal this summer.

No way I see a team shelling out big money long term with him and his inconsistency.

MultiTroll
04-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Continues to make wrong decision or whether to continue drive to hoop and shoot or kick out.

Is getting his ish swatted on a regular basis.

SAGirl
04-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Had a good game but still some bad fouls. He's talented no doubt.

TheGreatYacht
04-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Give that man his deserved minutes back.

Spurs9
04-11-2017, 09:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nAlHgBZ.jpg

DJR210
04-11-2017, 10:08 AM
:lol nice ^

I heard he had several dunks.. If so.. Gifs?

TheGreatYacht
04-11-2017, 10:09 AM
^ dope :wow :tu

Dverde
04-11-2017, 10:19 AM
He got taken to Simm City!

rjv
04-11-2017, 10:22 AM
if the juice can just work on his mid-range shot he would up his game to the next level and become the more consistent player we really need at the wing. but man, there are times like last night where he just makes your jaw drop.

Spur|n|Austin
04-11-2017, 11:12 AM
That dunk last night! The poor man had a family, RIP Leonard.

$pursDynasty
04-12-2017, 08:35 AM
if the juice can just work on his mid-range shot he would up his game to the next level and become the more consistent player we really need at the wing. but man, there are times like last night where he just makes your jaw drop.
good point we all know he can take it to the bucket but when people actually game plan him, they pack the paint. If he can get a mid range game, and heck a consistent 3 point shot, he would be invaluable. We need to put him on the KingSlayer improve one aspect of your game every offseason plan. We also need to find Verde some handles, he is still a train wreck.

Ice009
04-12-2017, 10:48 AM
Man, I really wish Simmons all the best. The idea of him is what the Spurs need, but he just makes so many mistakes some games and also the wrong decision a lot of the time on whether to shoot or drive. He needs to work on a mid-range jumper, 3 point shot and also tightening up his handles. On defense, he has to learn to stick with his man without committing fouls in the last second of a great defensive possession.