PDA

View Full Version : Horry on Wheel of Fortune

missmyzte
09-13-2005, 03:09 AM
NBA players on 'Wheel of Fortune' for Katrina charities

Associated Press

CULVER CITY, Calif. - Carmelo Anthony of Denver, Ray Allen of Seattle, Baron Davis of Golden State and Luke Walton of the Los Angeles Lakers are among 15 NBA and WNBA players teaming up with "Wheel of Fortune" to raise money for victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The players will tape shows Thursday for the game show's NBA week, airing Oct. 31-Nov. 4.

Each player will be partnered with a fan from their team's city, and the fans will play for cash and NBA-themed prizes.

The players will compete for their favorite charities and for the Red Cross, with a minimum of $100,000 of their winnings going to help Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.

The contestant from the team with the week's highest total winnings will win a trip to the 2006 NBA All-Star game in Houston.

Other NBA stars scheduled to play are: Amare Stoudamire of Phoenix, Richard Hamilton of Detroit, Mike Bibby of Sacramento, Emeka Okafor of Charlotte, Ben Gordon of Chicago, Robert Horry of San Antonio, Richard Jefferson of New Jersey, and Bobby Simmons of Milwaukee.

Becky Hammon of the New York Liberty will represent the WNBA.

Also playing will be NBA Hall of Famer Bill Walton and former NBA player Kenny Smith.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/northern_california/12627538.htm

T Park
09-13-2005, 03:33 AM
does this mean that Horry will be the next to be traded???

Malik Rose was the last to be on WOF.

Phenomanul
09-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Where do we sign up to be that lucky fan?????????

:elephant

1Parker1
09-13-2005, 08:46 AM
WOW! I want to go on Wheel of Fortune!

ObiwanGinobili
09-13-2005, 09:06 AM
WOW! I want to go on Wheel of Fortune!

well then get a U-Haul chicky!!

Each player will be partnered with a fan from their team's city

You know I'm willign to put you up in my living room! :tu :angel

SWC Bonfire
09-13-2005, 09:36 AM
If I'm a spurs fan on the wheel of fortune, I want Pop as a teammate.

1Parker1
09-13-2005, 09:53 AM
well then get a U-Haul chicky!!

You know I'm willign to put you up in my living room! :tu :angel

Believe me, I'd do it in a heartbeat if I could. Although....why would I need a U-Haul? :lol

1Parker1
09-13-2005, 09:55 AM

True....you gotta pick the smart ones if you want to win.

samikeyp
09-13-2005, 10:11 AM
should be interesting with Melo....he doesn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer. :p

ObiwanGinobili
09-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Believe me, I'd do it in a heartbeat if I could. Although....why would I need a U-Haul? :lol

uhm... cause I could use a new dining room table??? :lol

(i'm just constatnly pressuring you to move.. come on!! you know SA is the home of your heart damn it!)

ObiwanGinobili
09-13-2005, 11:39 AM

oh heck yeah! :smokin
but hten agin.. WOF ain't that hard... I think Pop would be the teammate you really want on Jeopardy! :spin

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-13-2005, 11:45 AM
For as much as I Robert Horry, I wish it was Bruce Bowen going just for the chance that he could wind up next to Ray Allen. Ray goes to say a letter but Bruce covers Ray's mouth with his hand. Ray can't get a letter out and there's a shot clock violation. Spurs take control of the wheel.

Next round Ray takes a swing at Bruce and gets ejected, a first ever for wheel of fortune, and America might get to see Pat Sajack go Jeff Van Gundy on someone as he tries to break up that fight.

Better yet, have Bill Walton, Ray Allen, and Melo on the same show so I can hope for the first three Wheel of Fortune related fatalities in the history of Merv Griffin Enterprises.

JustSpurs
09-13-2005, 12:14 PM
The answer is "Ray Allen is a Pussy"

samikeyp
09-13-2005, 12:19 PM
_AY A_ _ E N IS A P_ _ _ Y

Can I have an "L" please, Pat?

50 cent
09-13-2005, 12:33 PM
For as much as I Robert Horry, I wish it was Bruce Bowen going just for the chance that he could wind up next to Ray Allen. Ray goes to say a letter but Bruce covers Ray's mouth with his hand. Ray can't get a letter out and there's a shot clock violation. Spurs take control of the wheel.

Next round Ray takes a swing at Bruce and gets ejected, a first ever for wheel of fortune, and America might get to see Pat Sajack go Jeff Van Gundy on someone as he tries to break up that fight.

Better yet, have Bill Walton, Ray Allen, and Melo on the same show so I can hope for the first three Wheel of Fortune related fatalities in the history of Merv Griffin Enterprises.

:rollin

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Better yet we might get to see Walton alternatingly exalt and berate his teammate in insane superlatives.

"I'd like a 'D', Pat."

"Oh, I'm sorry, there's no 'D'."

"My goodness! That has to be the worst letter selection ever! Vanna White has got to be contemplating suicide because of your bottomless stupidity."

----------or--------

"I'd like to solve. 'The Great Wall of China?'"

"Correct!"

"That's just amazing! The best guess I've ever seen, and certainly one of the toughest puzzles ever created. Mark this date down because you're witnessing the birth of a legend."

Spurminator
09-13-2005, 02:42 PM
I figured by now this would have turned into a "Horry should donate his winnings to the Holt Cat is a Cheapskate Fund" thread.

spurs=bling
09-13-2005, 05:00 PM
The answer is "Ray Allen is a Pussy"
:lmao

that is funny

yeahone
09-13-2005, 05:38 PM
i would not want to be Amerie pathner because he speaks and acts dumd,,even though he pulverirised us in the WCF

angel_luv
09-13-2005, 05:48 PM
This I have to see. Rob is going to take all those other suckers to school! Easy as ABC! :elephant

yeahone
09-13-2005, 05:52 PM
true true

spurs=bling
09-13-2005, 06:03 PM
i would not want to be Amerie pathner because he speaks and acts dumd
:lol :lol

Horry For 3!
09-13-2005, 06:10 PM
I should be Horry's partner, we'd own them all :smokin I am actually pretty good at Wheel Of Fortune :)

Manu20
09-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Better yet we might get to see Walton alternatingly exalt and berate his teammate in insane superlatives.

"I'd like a 'D', Pat."

"Oh, I'm sorry, there's no 'D'."

"My goodness! That has to be the worst letter selection ever! Vanna White has got to be contemplating suicide because of your bottomless stupidity."

----------or--------

"I'd like to solve. 'The Great Wall of China?'"

"Correct!"

"That's just amazing! The best guess I've ever seen, and certainly one of the toughest puzzles ever created. Mark this date down because you're witnessing the birth of a legend."
:lol

BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing Big Shot Rob win the wheel of fortune.

NZHayden
09-13-2005, 09:30 PM
horry for 3 and robert horry that would be a good match up

KEDA
09-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Robert will have the final puzzle and wait until the last second to answer it!

Pat- "Robert, you have 10 seconds to solve the puzzle"

Robert- "ok"

Pat -"5 seconds"

Robert- "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest"

Pat- "Amazing Robert, you said the answer with no time left on the clock, a true clutch performance! This one will go in the Wheel of Fortune Archives!"

ONCE AGAIN BIG SHOT BOB COMES THROUGH IN THE CLUTCH!!!!!

Horry For 3!
09-14-2005, 01:00 AM
Robert will have the final puzzle and wait until the last second to answer it!

Pat- "Robert, you have 10 seconds to solve the puzzle"

Robert- "ok"

Pat -"5 seconds"

Robert- "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest"

Pat- "Amazing Robert, you said the answer with no time left on the clock, a true clutch performance! This one will go in the Wheel of Fortune Archives!"

ONCE AGAIN BIG SHOT BOB COMES THROUGH IN THE CLUTCH!!!!!
:lol