PDA

View Full Version : Jarell Eddie needs at least a camp invite

TheGreatYacht
07-12-2015, 07:25 PM
This guy needs a roster spot or at least a camp invite..

Deadliest shooter in the D-League, and knows the Spurs system since he played for the Austin Spurs last season. Cheapest Belinelli replacement on the market tbh :toast

http://youtu.be/b85Q0Uxh07g

http://youtu.be/tZlPTAPRW94

duncan2150
07-12-2015, 07:35 PM
His shoot looks automatic but what about his defense ? if some of you have watched him in Austin

Darkwaters
07-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Definitely a great shooter.

He does nothing else though.

TheGreatYacht
07-12-2015, 07:44 PM
His shoot looks automatic but what about his defense ? if some of you have watched him in Austin
Not a D-League expert, but it can't be worse than Beli's defense

DesignatedT
07-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Dude looks disinterested in everything except shooting threes. Damn nice shot though

Chinook
07-12-2015, 07:53 PM
He had a terrible time catch passes last game. I hope that was just an anomaly because if he really has bad hands, his ability to be a catch-and-shoot guy drops tremendously. But no way I even consider giving him a guaranteed contract after what I've seen so far. Much better players out there.

spurraider21
07-12-2015, 07:58 PM
pass

random21
07-12-2015, 08:04 PM
This guy needs a roster spot or at least a camp invite..

Deadliest shooter in the D-League, and knows the Spurs system since he played for the Austin Spurs last season. Cheapest Belinelli replacement on the market tbh :toast

http://youtu.be/b85Q0Uxh07g

http://youtu.be/tZlPTAPRW94

Agree, guy can shoot... Not a 3 and d guy, more like a 3 guy which is fine for a camp invite...

Austin_Toros
07-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Great stroke and has good size. Hope he gets a camp invite.

ceperez
07-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Great stroke and has good size. Hope he gets a camp invite.

Exactly... not sure how he would be any different from Belinelli.

exstatic
07-12-2015, 08:21 PM

This. He can barely do a sideways escape dribble if you run at him. He was 5-7 from downtown, and had one assist and 2 rebounds.

ceperez
07-12-2015, 08:25 PM
This. He can barely do a sideways escape dribble if you run at him. He was 5-7 from downtown, and had one assist and 2 rebounds.

Wait a second here..... can Danny Green do a sideways escape dribble?

exstatic
07-12-2015, 08:31 PM

He makes Danny Green look like Michael Jordan. He really has no other skill than shooting. He also doesn't defend.

AFBlue
07-12-2015, 08:31 PM

Nope. But he can have stretches where he's locked in he can be one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. Doesn't look like Eddie has that in him tbqh.

fundamental9903
07-12-2015, 08:39 PM

So just like Marco then.

ceperez
07-12-2015, 08:59 PM
So just like Marco then.

Yup... I think he's 2" taller than Marco.... so I guess that counts for something.

Gary Neal was smaller and he was also a poor defender.

exstatic
07-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Yup... I think he's 2" taller than Marco.... so I guess that counts for something.

Gary Neal was smaller and he was also a poor defender.

Gary could dribble and distribute.

I'm not sure how many more times we need to say this to you, but Jarrell Eddie CAN ONLY SHOOT. He has NO OTHER SKILL on the court. You keep setting up these false equivalences with other players that just aren't valid in any way. Jarrell Eddie isn't an NBA player.

TheGreatYacht
07-12-2015, 09:13 PM
You ain't getting anyone better for the minimum. Manu needs 3pt shooting in the second unit, and Jarell is the best at it. Rasual Butler is another option but not sure the Spurs need ANOTHER veteran. Youth is never bad.

ceperez
07-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Gary could dribble and distribute.

I'm not sure how many more times we need to say this to you, but Jarrell Eddie CAN ONLY SHOOT. He has NO OTHER SKILL on the court. You keep setting up these false equivalences with other players that just aren't valid in any way. Jarrell Eddie isn't an NBA player.

Anthony Morrow is another guy that doesn nothing but shoot.... he's in the NBA.

Is Eddie really that bad with everything else?

You keep imagining that the Spurs have money left to get a better player. I'm just trying to be realistic here. Spurs need to fill a hole left by Belinelli and Bonner.

ceperez
07-12-2015, 09:28 PM
You ain't getting anyone better for the minimum. Manu needs 3pt shooting in the second unit, and Jarell is the best at it. Rasual Butler is another option but not sure the Spurs need ANOTHER veteran. Youth is never bad.

Either the Spurs have hit the limit of who they will sign or there is just something wrong with Eddie that he's not worth signing.

I really am not confident with Manu's 3 pt. shooting. The 2nd unit now only has Mills who can hit the 3 with great consistency. I'm not sure if that is good enough.

benefactor
07-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Why am I not surprised you made this thread(:lol riding Jamychal Green's nuts)?

He's like a worse black Bonner. Pass.

timvp
07-12-2015, 09:34 PM
That stroke is lovely. I'm just waiting for him to show me anything else he can do.

ceperez
07-12-2015, 09:46 PM
That stroke is lovely. I'm just waiting for him to show me anything else he can do.

He can rack up fouls on a 'hack - a - whoever' strategy.

Chinook
07-12-2015, 09:47 PM
I don't think people really understand what NOTHING really means. He can't even catch consistently. Danny Green is a better ball-handler and Beli is a better defender.

ceperez
07-12-2015, 09:54 PM
I don't think people really understand what NOTHING really means. He can't even catch consistently. Danny Green is a better ball-handler and Beli is a better defender.

Danny and Beli are raking in multi-millions of dollars. All I care about Eddie is if he can shoot with a high percentage.

I think people here don't understand that the Spurs can pay next to NOTHING for #14 and #15.

Biggems
07-12-2015, 09:58 PM
I believe we can have 19 or 20 camp invites......so I see no reason why we cannot consider him for one of the spots.

KDKSpurs24
07-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Anthony Morrow is another guy that doesn nothing but shoot.... he's in the NBA.
Anthony Morrow seemed to get better on defense last year as well though.. he's not really a liability on that end anymore. So not exactly a good example, imo.

Chinook
07-12-2015, 10:06 PM
Danny and Beli are raking in multi-millions of dollars. All I care about Eddie is if he can shoot with a high percentage.

I think people here don't understand that the Spurs can pay next to NOTHING for #14 and #15.

Those slots cost the Spurs $2 Million to $3 Million each in salary and taxes. They aren't cheap. Also, I think you're completely underestimating how bad Eddie is at other things. There's no NBA equivalent to him in that regard, but there are plenty who can shoot.

TheGreatYacht
07-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Why am I not surprised you made this thread(:lol riding Jamychal Green's nuts)?

He's like a worse black Bonner. Pass.
Why am I not surprised you took a pic covering up that balding ass scalp? :lol

Good comparison, except he can actually shoot and he's a wing.

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2015, 10:12 PM
I've disliked Belinelli as much as anybody here outside of Raven, but I don't see the similarities outside of spot-up shooting:lol

Beli can shoot on the move, has a really solid catch and drive game, great cutter, great shot fake, solid passer, etc..he does not play defense, but he is far from 1-dimensional on offense..

This nigga sounds like a Daequan Cook..

TheGreatYacht
12-26-2015, 11:32 PM
http://youtu.be/q-zz48LDhMI

Lightning quick release

Kawhitstorm
12-26-2015, 11:48 PM
http://youtu.be/q-zz48LDhMI

Lightning quick release

Danny needs a session w/ Eddie

TheGreatYacht
12-27-2015, 12:02 AM
Danny needs a hundred sessions w/ Eddie
FIFY

SAGirl
12-27-2015, 12:04 AM
Wasn't this guy picked up by some team already?

Kawhitstorm
12-27-2015, 12:58 AM
Wasn't this guy picked up by some team already?

The Warriors cut him after the pre-season:lol

ceperez
12-27-2015, 06:16 AM
I guess with Beal being injured, Eddie fits right into their system.

With at 4 former Spurs, he should fit right in. Temple, Neal, Blair, Gooden.

exstatic
12-27-2015, 01:40 PM
He is a knock down three point shooter, but can't defend AT ALL, and his ball handling makes Green look like CP3. His hands are even suspect for a catch and shoot guy.

Mel_13
12-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Good luck to Eddie. He's a one trick pony, but if that trick proves to be reliable against NBA competition, he can make millions.

8FOR!3
12-27-2015, 04:46 PM
From what I hear he's Steve Novak-lite

exstatic
12-27-2015, 06:15 PM
Good luck to Eddie. He's a one trick pony, but if that trick proves to be reliable against NBA competition, he can make millions.

Don't get me wrong. I was pulling for him to make the Warriors, and I hope he sticks in DC. I just think anyone advocating for him in S&B doesn't understand the fundamentally flawed nature of his game. The Spurs have had a first hand, closeup view of him for at least two Austin seasons, and have never invited him to camp.

Mel_13
12-27-2015, 06:21 PM
Don't get me wrong. I was pulling for him to make the Warriors, and I hope he sticks in DC. I just think anyone advocating for him in S&B doesn't understand the fundamentally flawed nature of his game. The Spurs have had a first hand, closeup view of him for at least two Austin seasons, and have never invited him to camp.

And I agree on all counts. I was also thinking about Novak. Don't want him on the Spurs, but he's made almost 20m in the NBA with that one skill.

ceperez
12-27-2015, 07:26 PM

True. Spurs had two seasons to evaluate Eddie.

Spurs need a few games in SL to evaluate Neal.

Who knows what they saw in Neal that they don't see in Eddie.

exstatic
12-27-2015, 09:15 PM
True. Spurs had two seasons to evaluate Eddie.

Spurs need a few games in SL to evaluate Neal.

Who knows what they saw in Neal that they don't see in Eddie.

Ball handling, and the ability to get his own shot.

ceperez
12-28-2015, 08:04 AM
Ball handling, and the ability to get his own shot.

Well too bad Spurs didn't pick up Neal this year. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/3/8858107/gary-neal-wizards-nba-free-agency-2015 1 year $2.1million. His performance won at least one of the NBA finals games. That's a big deal in my book.

ChumpDumper
12-28-2015, 09:41 AM
Well too bad Spurs didn't pick up Neal this year. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/3/8858107/gary-neal-wizards-nba-free-agency-2015 1 year $2.1million. His performance won at least one of the NBA finals games. That's a big deal in my book.What isn't a big deal in your book?

ceperez
12-28-2015, 10:25 AM
What isn't a big deal in your book?

ChumpDumper #ceperez :bobo

ChumpDumper
12-28-2015, 10:26 AM
ChumpDumperYou just contradicted yourself though.

TD 21
12-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Like Butler, in the first half of last season, I hope he shoots out of mind. I also hope Temple keeps up his recent fluky play, Oubre looks ready to be a rotation player, Beal stays healthy for more than five minutes when he returns and Anderson quickly shakes off the rust when he returns.

Anything that makes Neal expendable and them willing to dump his contract for Butler's non guaranteed one and a minor asset (either a second tier overseas prospect, a 2nd or some combination of both).

ceperez
12-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Like Butler, in the first half of last season, I hope he shoots out of mind. I also hope Temple keeps up his recent fluky play, Oubre looks ready to be a rotation player, Beal stays healthy for more than five minutes when he returns and Anderson quickly shakes off the rust when he returns.

Anything that makes Neal expendable and them willing to dump his contract for Butler's non guaranteed one and a minor asset (either a second tier overseas prospect, a 2nd or some combination of both).

Well there's still McCallum that can be traded. I would prefer that over a Butler trade. At least Neal has some value in special situations (i.e. remember last second shot against Grizzlies). I gather the tax would be pro-rated.

TD 21
12-28-2015, 06:49 PM
Well there's still McCallum that can be traded. I would prefer that over a Butler trade. At least Neal has some value in special situations (i.e. remember last second shot against Grizzlies). I gather the tax would be pro-rated.

Trading McCallum would unnecessarily open up another hole. Plus, he's guaranteed for the remainder of the season. From the Wizards perspective, the whole point of the trade would be to save money. As I alluded to though, they'd only be interested if they felt like Neal was closer to luxury than necessity and a few things have to occur for that to happen.

Mel_13
12-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Trading McCallum would unnecessarily open up another hole. Plus, he's guaranteed for the remainder of the season. From the Wizards perspective, the whole point of the trade would be to save money. As I alluded to though, they'd only be interested if they felt like Neal was closer to luxury than necessity and a few things have to occur for that to happen.

And those things would have to happen in the next 10 days if the non-guaranteed nature of Butler's contract is to be an incentive.

TD 21
12-28-2015, 07:40 PM
And those things would have to happen in the next 10 days if the non-guaranteed nature of Butler's contract is to be an incentive.

Why let facts get in the way of a good idea?

Mel_13
12-28-2015, 07:45 PM
Why let facts get in the way of a good idea?

:lol