PDA

View Full Version : ESPN First Take // Skip & Screamin' A. Smith Talk Spurs Offseason

hooperflash
07-13-2015, 10:20 AM
http://youtu.be/n6c0erI4Np8

spursparker9
07-13-2015, 10:24 AM
Bookmark first. later watch

Darius Bieber
07-13-2015, 10:27 AM
In their projected line-up, Mills was not part of the team... Is he gone?

Mal
07-13-2015, 10:31 AM
Who watch this shit ? Nothing worthy was said during this 9 minutes video

NASpurs
07-13-2015, 10:31 AM

WTF no

TheDoctor
07-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Who watch this shit ? Nothing worthy was said during this 9 minutes video

You just did.

hooperflash
07-13-2015, 10:38 AM
You just did.

The doctor is in.

07-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Skip was at his blowhard best just like I knew he would be.

spurspokesman
07-13-2015, 11:06 AM
Skip is wagon hopping on our spurs wagon lol

skulls138
07-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Skip was right pointing out Stephen A not giving Duncan enough credit. You win 5 championships you need good coaches AND players. Stephen A likes to paint Duncan as useless without Pop. I think Stephen A is mad because Kobe, much more than Duncan, needs a good coach to be successful

Uriel
07-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Both agree that the Spurs are the favorite to win it all next season. That's all you really need to know.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2015, 11:29 AM
Both agree that the Spurs are the favorite to win it all next season. That's all you really need to know.

Thank you. I closed the window as soon as I read your post.

Mr. Body
07-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Stephen A. Smith is a bigot. He only likes black players with a perceived urban edge to them. He's an utter joke and ESPN is a joke because of him.

soxxx
07-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Stephen A. Smith is a bigot. He only likes black players with a perceived urban edge to them. He's an utter joke and ESPN is a joke because of him.
He defended Deandre for his stunt. He said he was ok with him changing his mind. Now imagine if that was a white player doing that to a team, we all know he would be in an uproar about it.

Blizzardwizard
07-13-2015, 11:57 AM
'My Spurs' :lol

Yeah, didn't this guy have a meltdown after the Spurs lost 4 regular season games and said the Kings would beat them?

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Skip was right pointing out Stephen A not giving Duncan enough credit. You win 5 championships you need good coaches AND players. Stephen A likes to paint Duncan as useless without Pop. I think Stephen A is mad because Kobe, much more than Duncan, needs a good coach to be successful

Stephen A is awful, but he had Duncan as top 5 all-time IIRC..

I like Skip Bayless, but I can't believe this show is so popular, tbh:lol..its so bad..

ironman2886
07-13-2015, 12:01 PM
'My Spurs' :lol

Yeah, didn't this guy have a meltdown after the Spurs lost 4 regular season games and said the Kings would beat them?
He has meltdowns throughout the year . He should be a poster on Spurstalk, tbh.

Cry Havoc
07-13-2015, 12:02 PM

I think it's funny how everyone proclaims Duncan for being lucky to have Pop for so long.

Kobe Bryant had three of the best big men in the world, and one of the 3 best coaches in NBA history. They ALL left him.

Is that some sort of bizarre cosmic coincidence? No. That's just Kobe being Kobe. People can't stand him, so they leave. Pretty fucking simple.

Kobe is the instrument of his own destruction.

bluebellmaniac
07-13-2015, 12:04 PM
I think it's funny how everyone proclaims Duncan for being lucky to have Pop for so long.

Kobe Bryant had three of the best big men in the world, and one of the 3 best coaches in NBA history. They ALL left him.

Is that some sort of bizarre cosmic coincidence? No. That's just Kobe being Kobe. People can't stand him, so they leave. Pretty fucking simple.

Well said.

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2015, 12:05 PM
You know ESPN programming is bad when PTI is a "respected" show, tbh:lol..

The only watchable show on ESPN is Highly Questionable, and that's because they don't focus on sports:lol..

steeledl
07-13-2015, 12:09 PM
Funny that everyone shits on ESPN shows but still watch them.....

ironman2886
07-13-2015, 12:14 PM
Guilty. Will watch First Take sometimes if a team I follow did something significant(win/trade/league decision on player or team) the day before. Won't watch anything else though.

BillMc
07-13-2015, 12:23 PM

100% agree. Kobe (was it last year?) sent out the spin which Stephen A and others have jumped on that he was jealous of the Spurs for having the consistency in the organization that the Lakers lacked, the underline point being Tim somehow had an advantage he didn't. Stephen A even went on to say Kobe had had a better career than Duncan because he overcame adversity. Adversity that is all self-created. People seem to forget that when Phil left the first time it was in large part to being burnt out from dealing with Kobe whom he called "uncoachable" in his book. And Kobe couldn't work with Rudy T another coach who has won multiple rings.

He pushed away Shaq and Howard, ended any chances at LMA with the whole "You can be my Pau Gasol" line, and never came to the real Pau Gasol's defense when the Lakers were misusing him under D'Antoni.

And I know Skip is a Spurs fan, but somehow his jumping off and on the bandwagon continuously annoys me.

spurraider21
07-13-2015, 12:24 PM

The only watchable show on ESPN is Highly Questionable, and that's because they don't focus on sports:lol..
stump the schwab tho :lol

spurs1990
07-13-2015, 12:44 PM
I never understood how a Spurs fan cannot be entertained when Bayless sings high praise of YOUR team.

It takes self deprecation to a whole new level.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-13-2015, 12:50 PM

No, just more excellent background research by the folks at ESPN.

AFBlue
07-13-2015, 12:53 PM
I never watch ESPN, but that's mostly because I work during the hours when their commentary programming is aired. I used to like Around the Horn because Woody Paige was an off-the-wall nut job, but even that show was disappointing at times. I don't think the national shows care enough about the details to provide insightful analysis, so they're really not worth paying attention to tbqh. I was struck by this yesterday when Brent Barry was doing commentaryfor the Summer League. He knew only true basketball people would watch an event like that so he dropped insightful little nuggets and strategy routinely throughout the game. You'd never see that on a national broadcast of a regular season game because they have to appeal to the lowest common denominator fan.

hater
07-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Ma niga skip is one of the biggest trolls in mainstream media tbh

Props to him for making dough by basically trolling :lol

And no. Skip is not a spurs fan. It's all part of his trolling. I hear he didn't even like the Spurs. :lol

BillMc
07-13-2015, 12:59 PM
No, just more excellent background research by the folks at ESPN.
:lol Truth.

dgspursforlife
07-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Guys all of you participating in troll jobs should love this show.
I mean they get cash to troll people. That's fucking awesome

rexrobinson
07-13-2015, 01:34 PM

I think for some it is just a guilty pleasure. The sooner one realizes that ESPN produces contrived fictional narratives meant only to create a "Reality TV" style sports drama to boost ratings, the quicker one can come to peace by not taking it at all seriously. :lol

Spurminator
07-13-2015, 01:39 PM
If it wasn't for the occasional airing of live sports, I would never watch ESPN.

hater
07-13-2015, 01:40 PM
If it wasn't for the occasional airing of live sports, I would never watch ESPN.

skulls138
07-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Kobe is a badass, a lethal assassin of a player who I feared more than Shaq and frankly Lebron. Im not going to kick him when he's down. However Kobe needed Jackson more than Duncan needs Pop. Duncans like a coach and a player in one package. He sees the big picture. Kobe doesn't.

Mal
07-13-2015, 02:03 PM
You just did.

Only because it was posted here. Not that I was looking for it or anything.

EVAY
07-13-2015, 02:24 PM

Agree 100%. Kobe is the very definition of a supremely talented athlete and cancerous teammate, and seems to become less of a talent and more of a cancer as he ages.

My question to you (serious question) - given the drama surrounding DeAndre Jordan this summer, is it possible that Chris Paul is more like Kobe than anyone imagined?

Or- is/was all of that just DeAndre being the headcase that he is?

bigfan
07-13-2015, 03:06 PM
Those two guys are the biggest douchebags on tv sports, I don't care who they think are good or bad. A pox on them both.

manufan10
07-13-2015, 04:18 PM
I occasionally watch Around the Horn, PTI, and SportsCenter. I can't stand First Take, and never watch it. Other than that, only watch ESPN when they're showing games.

BD24
07-13-2015, 04:47 PM
Stephen A. semen shielding and sucking that Kobe dick. :lol

TheGreatYacht
07-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Stephen A. semen shielding and sucking that Kobe dick. :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-13-2015, 10:18 PM

I'd say it's a lack of competition. Fox Sports hasn't stepped up their game enough and no one else has the size/scope to compete.

Holden_Caulfield
07-14-2015, 12:35 AM
lol d west did not settle for the vet min. apparently he received more money from other contenders but he chose the spurs. smith is a retard.

703 Spurz
07-14-2015, 11:14 AM

That's with LeBatard yes? If that's the best show the network has, kill us all.

spursparker9
07-14-2015, 11:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGpJ1EoThiQ

hater
07-14-2015, 11:48 AM
Chris Tucker went downhill fast. crack?

dbreiden83080
07-14-2015, 12:35 PM
Stephen A yammering on about Duncan and the stability, when Kobe didn't have that. :lol

Kobe pushed Shaq out of town, and didn't care if Phil went with him back when..

HarlemHeat37
07-14-2015, 01:50 PM
That's with LeBatard yes? If that's the best show the network has, kill us all.

LeBatard is the best on ESPN, tbh..he's obnoxious, but his actual takes are much closer to hardcore fans than media..

He was one of the first with the Duncan > Kobe takes, too..last week, he made the argument that the current Spurs organization is the greatest organization in NBA history(he may have said sports history, actually), which is something you would never hear from the mainstream media..

Much better than somebody like Wilbon or Kornheiser with their mainstream, cliche takes..

T Park
07-14-2015, 01:54 PM

"David Robinson isn't black enough to win a championship"- SAS in 1998. Remember it like it was yesterday

Cry Havoc
07-15-2015, 12:00 AM
Agree 100%. Kobe is the very definition of a supremely talented athlete and cancerous teammate, and seems to become less of a talent and more of a cancer as he ages.

My question to you (serious question) - given the drama surrounding DeAndre Jordan this summer, is it possible that Chris Paul is more like Kobe than anyone imagined?

Or- is/was all of that just DeAndre being the headcase that he is?

Well, I don't necessarily think Paul is a massive cancer. But I would definitely put the truth somewhere in the middle. Anyone who flips on ANY team, let alone a respected, veteran-laden team like the Mavs is a massive asshat.

However, I do think CP3s attitude plays into this. It's obvious he has an ego every time he steps on the court. Like the dude as a person, but he might be the whiniest player in the league, and in the modern NBA that is saying a lot. His attention seeking antics are probably in the top 5, along with Kobe, Westbrook, LeBron, etc.

The repeated shuffling of blame that Paul does, where you can legitimately wonder if Paul ever thinks he's lost a game of his own accord rather than getting screwed by the officials is probably going to prevent him from becoming the greatest PG of all time. It could also prevent him from ever entering the truly legendary category of players. Such a shame. If he put his head down and just played ball, he would be so much scarier of a player. Maybe he'll grow up this year. Doubt it.

cutewizard
07-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Chris Paul is the greatest flopper of all time, imo

cutewizard
07-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Well, I don't necessarily think Paul is a massive cancer. But I would definitely put the truth somewhere in the middle. Anyone who flips on ANY team, let alone a respected, veteran-laden team like the Mavs is a massive asshat.

However, I do think CP3s attitude plays into this. It's obvious he has an ego every time he steps on the court. Like the dude as a person, but he might be the whiniest player in the league, and in the modern NBA that is saying a lot. His attention seeking antics are probably in the top 5, along with Kobe, Westbrook, LeBron, etc.

The repeated shuffling of blame that Paul does, where you can legitimately wonder if Paul ever thinks he's lost a game of his own accord rather than getting screwed by the officials is probably going to prevent him from becoming the greatest PG of all time. It could also prevent him from ever entering the truly legendary category of players. Such a shame. If he put his head down and just played ball, he would be so much scarier of a player. Maybe he'll grow up this year. Doubt it.

------------------------------------

Hello Sir Cry Havoc

hooperflash
07-21-2015, 04:51 PM
http://youtu.be/I5RTIt2ATo0

vander
07-21-2015, 04:56 PM
I would like to see anything related to ESPN banned from Spurstalk, ESPN is worse than any poster on this site other than boutons_newspeak

hooperflash
07-21-2015, 04:59 PM
I would like to see anything related to ESPN banned from Spurstalk, ESPN is worse than any poster on this site other than boutons_newspeak

But, but, their sources... :depressed

You'd be depriving Spurs Talk of a few laughs, tbh :lol

TheGreatYacht
07-21-2015, 05:07 PM
First Take is pretty funny tbh :lol

noles1983
07-21-2015, 07:25 PM
fuck that race baiting faggot stephen a smith