PDA

View Full Version : UT RB news for the Rice game.......

Ballcox
09-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Well, per the AAS today Selvin will continue to start at RB, although I would think Mack has to give a decent amount of playing time to J. Charles and Melton. Mack did leave the door open for Charles starting, basically saying that we have to make sure Selvin is 'fully' healthy, and that he convinced the coaches to let him play in the Ohio St. game when he wasn't really ready to go. I hate to be cruel, but I think Selvin's time has passed, on with the youth movement of Charles and Melton! :smokin

2centsworth
09-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Leave it to Mack to mess up chemistry. We're probably lucky Perriloux isn't on the team or else he would share time with Vince, ala Simms Applewhite.

samikeyp
09-13-2005, 10:15 AM
I think the next time Selvin puts the ball on the ground will be the last time. Personally if it were me, it would already be the last time.

Ballcox
09-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Personally, I get the feeling that Selving will not be fully 'healthy' for a good portion of the season. Hopefully Mack has learned his lesson about not playing freshman (Cedric not playing against ou his freshman year).

2centsworth
09-13-2005, 11:05 AM
According to ESPN NEWS J. Charles is going to start.

Horry For 3!
09-13-2005, 11:24 AM
I don't want Selvin to start, Charles is better. Selvin looked shakey and coughed it up even against LA-Lafayette when Charles & Melton shined.

mookie2001
09-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Melton fumbled in the first game too
thats why you cant fumble the ball... ever... Selvin
i do like charles, especially if he can catch the ball
i want selvins carries to go to Ramonce Taylor, who was running past everyone last year, they need to give RT the ball

Cant_Be_Faded
09-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Selvin Young is a dissapointment, butterfingered, never was.

He shoulda stuck to kick returns.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Melton fumbled in the first game too
thats why you cant fumble the ball... ever... Selvin
i do like charles, especially if he can catch the ball
i want selvins carries to go to Ramonce Taylor, who was running past everyone last year, they need to give RT the ball

I'm still waiting for the "Year of Ramonce" to begin