PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe Bryant Names His Two Favorite Teammates Of All-Time

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2015, 03:51 PM
According to KobeTeam.com (http://kobeteam.com/2015/07/12/kobe-basketball-academy-2015/), Kobe named his two favorite teammates of all-time at the Kobe Bryant Basketball Academy:

"There is two. [Shaq?] No it’s not Shaq. But I loved Shaq. Me and Shaq won the thing but I didn’t particularly like playing with him too much. [Laughs] It’s easy. It’s Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol.”

Buddy Mignon
07-13-2015, 03:53 PM
When you can win three straight titles with a nigga you don't even like that speaks volumes.

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2015, 03:53 PM
When you can win three straight titles with a nigga you don't even like that speaks volumes.

:lmao

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Shows Kobe has always been about det business

Killakobe81
07-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Before I read answer I was calling bullshit if he didn't say Fish. Pau is another good choice ...

KobexShaq
07-13-2015, 04:11 PM
Imagine the NBA if Kobe and Shaq actually liked each other.

DPG21920
07-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Or if Dwight & Kobe like each other. Or Pau & Kobe liked each other. Or any bigger FA liked Kobe. See the theme there?

KobexShaq
07-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Or if Dwight & Kobe like each other. Or Pau & Kobe liked each other. Or any bigger FA liked Kobe. See the theme there?

Dwight and Pau aren't near Shaq's level, Dwight also had an out of prime Kobe.

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2015, 04:18 PM

Or if Tammy liked Amy....picture getting clearer?

hater
07-13-2015, 04:21 PM
Aspegers syndrome imo

DPG21920
07-13-2015, 04:23 PM
Or if Tammy liked Amy....picture getting clearer?

No - doesn't make any sense.

DPG21920
07-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Dwight and Pau aren't near Shaq's level, Dwight also had an out of prime Kobe.

What does that have to do with it? Kobe clearly doesn't seem to get along with others. It's been a theme.

daslicer
07-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Not shocking considering both of those guys were very submissive in his presence.

Buddy Mignon
07-13-2015, 04:27 PM
What does that have to do with it? Kobe clearly doesn't seem to get along with others. It's been a theme.

I dont gst along with you clowns but it havent stopped me from dominating this board.

DPG21920
07-13-2015, 04:28 PM
I dont gst along with you clowns but it havent stopped me from dominating this board.

I'm still not going to kick you while you're down.

KobexShaq
07-13-2015, 04:32 PM

From what i read, aren't you the laughing stock of the board?

DMC
07-13-2015, 04:33 PM
"Kobe Names Two Players who Didn't Publicly Hate Him"

Buddy Mignon
07-13-2015, 04:36 PM

Currently they say that about the Lakers... it still doesn't change the facts. We've dominated.

DPG21920
07-13-2015, 04:46 PM
What's crazy is almost half of LA's main team is on SL.

dbreiden83080
07-13-2015, 04:54 PM
What's hilarious is the only thing he didn't like about shaq was he wasn't getting all the credit for the chips. Kobe is never the guy to be thrilled for a young player like Leonard winning a finals mvp. He'd be stewing about it and calling out media for not voting for him. Yeah shaq was lazy and also a pain but what pained Kobe was simply "look at me and give me all the credit"

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2015, 05:04 PM
What's hilarious is the only thing he didn't like about shaq was he wasn't getting all the credit for the chips. Kobe is never the guy to be thrilled for a young player like Leonard winning a finals mvp. He'd be stewing about it and calling out media for not voting for him. Yeah shaq was lazy and also a pain but what pained Kobe was simply "look at me and give me all the credit"

Tammy was jealous of Amy cuz she had a piessy

07-13-2015, 05:08 PM
:lmao:rollin:lmao

CavsSuperFan
07-13-2015, 05:08 PM
Kobe Prolly should be thanking Rick Fox and Robert Horry for making sure that a Chris Child’s incident would never happen again….:toast

Mitch
07-13-2015, 05:10 PM
Write that in comic sans

Kobe Prolly should be thanking Rick Fox and Robert Horry for making sure that a Chris Child’s incident would never happen again….:toast

Buddy Mignon
07-13-2015, 05:11 PM

And what do you have to be thankful for.

Thread
07-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Fisher saved us.

Thread
07-13-2015, 05:20 PM
Fisher saved us.

If Miller in Utah wasn't a man of great faith Kobe would have 4 & The Bag.

Splits
07-13-2015, 05:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Tkw1one.jpg

http://s1.postimg.org/q49ggz2en/image.jpg

Splits
07-13-2015, 05:50 PM

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvmunNzox1qjkukyo1_500.gif

Killakobe81
07-13-2015, 05:54 PM

Pau and Kobe were fine but nice trolling how about if Shaq and Penny or Shaq and Wade or Shaq and Nash got along? Sense a theme?

DPG21920
07-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Pau and Kobe were fine but nice trolling how about if Shaq and Penny or Shaq and Wade or Shaq and Nash got along? Sense a theme?

Pau and Kobe were fine so he left LA for less money :lmao

Shaq was fine with almost every teammate he played with including Wade and Nash. No, don't sense a theme. It's not trolling in a Kobe thread to point out that literally all the main big men he played with left town due to their relationship with Kobe.

Nice deflecting though.

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Tim Duncan the NBA citizen of the decade couldnt hold onto his wife...

Buddy Mignon
07-13-2015, 06:05 PM

Shaq was fine with almost every teammate he played with including Wade and Nash. No, don't sense a theme. It's not trolling in a Kobe thread to point out that literally all the main big men he played with left town due to their relationship with Kobe.

Nice deflecting though.

Nope... Shaq and Penny don't speak till this day. Shaq and Nash don't speak due to Shaq stealing Nash's reality show idea. Wade and Shaq were on bad terms on his way out. Shaq became the epitome of a ring chaser towards the end of his career. He wanted to retire in LA but Kobe vetoed that for good and forced him to retire in Boston. In honor of Kobe they purposely retired Shaqs jersey backwards due to him being a backwards ass nigga. I suppose the Spurs will hang Jim's jersey "sideways.":lmao

DPG21920
07-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Fake laughter ^

DarrinS
07-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Lol kobeteam.com

No irony there :lmao

Blake
07-13-2015, 06:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Tkw1one.jpg

http://s1.postimg.org/q49ggz2en/image.jpg

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Lol kobeteam.com

No irony there :lmao

:lol

CavsSuperFan
07-14-2015, 09:27 AM
And what do you have to be thankful for.

My health, my full head of hair, my job as a forklift driver, my paper rout which I have held since elementary school, Spurs Talk, my freezer full of Traders Joes stuff, my F-150 and Prolly most of all, my happy life as a celibate….:tu

StrengthAndHonor
07-14-2015, 09:30 AM
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Kobe but more on how management has treated him over the years, dangling him in every trade scenario available...

Thread
07-14-2015, 09:44 AM
^Kobe finally found a "friend" he, Kobe could exploit. A foreigner, of royal blood, Pau's nuclear family still fully intact. Pau is an enigma, mother & father Gasol finally had to ban the brother's from competing one-on-one because it had gone past super competitive & into violence. Arch enemy Perkins and assigned assassins Nowitski & Chandler didn't boil that royal blood as Marc had. Perhaps had Kobe spent less time cultivating & exploiting a friendship with this easy mark and instead inspiring him to compete and join the battle in the highest caliber field our species has to offer we'd have the 17, they would have the 16.

If you're gonna be a loner you'd better go all the way, stopping and picking up a stray has consequences.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Kobe never has and never will win a championship without Fisher. Fisher was the leader of Phil's teams with the Laker. Look at Fisher outside of LA. Led the Jazz, yes the Jazz to a WCF appearance. Help lead OKC to the Finals and WCF finals. Laker completely fell apart when departed for the Jazz and completely fell apart when he went to OKC.

Kobe like Gasol because he tolerated being his bitch and putting up with his Bullshit. Gasol finally had enough and bolted.

Thread
07-14-2015, 09:51 AM
Kobe never has and never will win a championship without Fisher. Fisher was the leader of Phil's teams with the Laker. Look at Fisher outside of LA. Led the Jazz, yes the Jazz to a WCF appearance. Help lead OKC to the Finals and WCF finals. Laker completely fell apart when departed for the Jazz and completely fell apart when he went to OKC.

Kobe like Gasol because he tolerated being his bitch and putting up with his Bullshit. Gasol finally had enough and bolted.

They were selling your shit, stringing your ropes.

ha.

Killakobe81
07-14-2015, 01:01 PM

Nice deflecting though.

Oh, really?!

DPG with the bads ...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/6/1/2201480/shaq-retired-kobe-bryant-dwyane-wade

There is plenty of other sources but here is a quick summary that wa sposted right after he retired ... But I knew all of this because he was the star player of my team.

Beef with Penny over his Lil Penny marketing local endorsements in Orlando? Check.

Scapegoating his team-mates In particular Eddie Jones who was a class-act ...check.

Beef with Kobe over shot distribution and work ethic? check.

Beef with Wade/Riles after they got swept during the title defense? check
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33260811 (Riles)
ttp://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/barry-jackson/story/943419.html

Also the "snitching" Kobe did on Shaq ...Shaq did years later outing his banging of Lauren London in a interview while Wade had not yet completed his divorce with his first wife and was already banging Gabrielle Union.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/dwyane-wade-denies-shaquille-oneals-cheating-allegations-from-our-leaked-emails-6533873

. . . . Last week's frostiness between Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal did not surprise their friends, with one noting that Shaq last year e-mailed to people a Photoshopped picture of Wade's face on a woman's body.

Beef with Nash over spacing, style of play and STEALING his show idea? Check and check.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Did-Shaq-steal-Steve-Nash-s-idea-for-reality-TV-?urn=nba-184111http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Did-Shaq-steal-Steve-Nash-s-idea-for-reality-TV-?urn=nba-184111

I could go on but dont wanna trash the man. Just the facts. And no I am not deflecting I blame both Kobe and shaq and PJ as well for the split from L.A. The point is BOTH Kobe and Shaq were assholes to each other. But we need to stop with this one way shit.

LOL because Pau took less money = he hates Kobe ... has nothing to do with the fact we suck or treated him like crap for 3 years ...leaving him on the trade block and then only offered him after Melo rejected us ...right?

Killakobe81
07-14-2015, 01:13 PM
One last thing on Shaq not to trash him because without him we dont three peat or even come close ...
IS there another TRULY GREAT GOAT caliber player that has played for 6 teams and burnt bridges on at LEAST 3 of them? Reading those articles it's sad that he never maxed his potential or couldnt settle on a franchise. It's another reason why Duncan is greater than him ...

Killakobe81
07-14-2015, 01:29 PM

The Fisher part is true he WAS the leader of last 5 titles ... but especially the last 4 ...

The Pau/Kobe stuff is Spurstalk bullshit ...

wontstartdumbthreads
07-14-2015, 01:30 PM
who the fuck cares who his top favorite 2 teammates are?

DAF86
07-14-2015, 01:53 PM

This dude taking advantage of folks getting tired of posting gay Naruto pics?

HarlemHeat37
07-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Not shocking considering both of those guys were very submissive in his presence.

Fisher wasn't submissive, at all, IIRC..IIRC, Fisher was the only leadership-type that Kobe got along with and listened to..

Killakobe81
07-14-2015, 02:13 PM
Fisher wasn't submissive, at all, IIRC..IIRC, Fisher was the only leadership-type that Kobe got along with and listened to..

Fisher was one of the few PG's even HArper and Shaw struggled with this at times ...that had the balls to waive off Kobe when he wanted iso or Shaq when he wanted to post-up and actually run the offense. dude is a natural leader of men ...we will see if it extends to his coaching.

Thread
07-14-2015, 02:17 PM
dude (Fisher) is a natural leader of men

Killa

baseline bum
07-14-2015, 02:19 PM

HarlemHeat37
07-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Fisher was one of the few PG's even HArper and Shaq struggled with this at times ...that had the balls to waive off Kobe when he wanted iso or Shaq when he wanted to post-up and actually run the offense. dude is a natural leader of men ...we will see if it extends to his coaching.

Didn't Kobe say that Fisher spoke to him when he was over-shooting in game 7 of the 2010 Finals, too, IIRC?

Killakobe81
07-14-2015, 02:30 PM
Didn't Kobe say that Fisher spoke to him when he was over-shooting in game 7 of the 2010 Finals, too, IIRC?

Yep he reigned him in because you can see he was pressing and he is soo stubborn. Fisher and Artest were really the unsung heroes of Game 7. Kobe had the rebounds and Pau the better shooting game but Fish's leadership and Artest with his clutch play helped us repeat.

Jzone
07-14-2015, 04:18 PM
Who the fuck cares if no one liked Kobe. Still got the rings. Y'all sound like a bunch of bitches tbh.

DarrinS
07-14-2015, 04:50 PM
Who the fuck cares if no one liked Kobe. Still got the rings. Y'all sound like a bunch of bitches tbh.

strong internet burn, tbh