PDA

View Full Version : LMA will be the talk of the NBA when..

GreggPopAsnitch
07-13-2015, 10:32 PM
He gets off to a slow start this season. For some reason my gut is telling me our system won't come quick to him, and will take a longer adjustment period than we first thought. Or he is just under too much pressure off the bat. Don't want to seem pessimistic but It's hard picturing him doing well in the beginning.

ddjeffries
07-13-2015, 10:39 PM
Nah i have the exact opposite feeling. I think he's gonna get wide open looks due to Spurs ball movement and passing ability. He is an excellent mid range shooter.

SAGirl
07-13-2015, 11:05 PM
He will be fine. The possibility for injuries has been the bugaboo for teams lately. LMA is a talented vet, and if he's having an off night, there are plenty of other guys to pick up the slack.

KDKSpurs24
07-13-2015, 11:38 PM
Nah i have the exact opposite feeling. I think he's gonna get wide open looks due to Spurs ball movement and passing ability. He is an excellent mid range shooter.
I feel the same. This is MUCH more probable.

Spursmania
07-13-2015, 11:41 PM
He'll be fine. I think he will thrive under the Spurs system. And I agree he will get more wide open shots than he's ever had. He's also known as a hard worker, so I think he'll catch on quicker than most guys.

cjw
07-13-2015, 11:44 PM
wake me up when december ends

What I was singing last year, when it was a long december

cutewizard
07-13-2015, 11:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZPrzSyJuyM

cutewizard
07-14-2015, 12:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk

DMC
07-14-2015, 12:02 AM
He will be out of position a lot early on but Manu has a way of getting people going with the PnR and building their confidence. He gets with the 2nd unit with some high speed ball movement, he'll thrive.

cutewizard
07-14-2015, 12:13 AM
LaMarcus ===== all star!!!!

GreggPopAsnitch
07-14-2015, 12:18 AM

I understand what you're saying, hopefully the transition is smooth but we will see. He will have more open looks with the ball movement like you said so maybe he won't.

cutewizard
07-14-2015, 12:27 AM
LaMarcus shall be the regular season MVP this year!!

You heard from me first!!!

Booookkkkk it!!

Kawhitstorm
07-14-2015, 12:55 AM
PFs don't have issue in the spurs system, even Blair balled out as a rookie & Diaw also played well as a midseason acquisition. Players that struggle w/ the Spurs system are ball dominant wing-player who aren't used to being spot up shooters. LMA being a PF is going to get a lot of touches via the 1-4 PnRs.

will_spurs
07-14-2015, 01:45 AM
I don't think he'll have too much trouble, as there will be no ball-handling duties. He knows how to run the PnR, he's going to get easy baskets. On defense it will be a different story but that's usually not an issue early in the regular season when defenses aren't perfectly set anyway.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-14-2015, 01:51 AM
73-9

Mnky
07-14-2015, 02:04 AM
I'm just over here waiting for the spurfan "blow it up" meltdown when spurs lose the lead for the first time.

Fireball
07-14-2015, 02:06 AM
Tbh ... that's why I want the season to start now, because I do not know how it will work out ... I am anxious to find out

maverick1948
07-14-2015, 02:12 AM
Why is everybody so worried about his defense?? He was in the top 3 blazers defensive stats almost every year. Yes his numbers are a little higher but you can attribute that to playing on a team that doesn't care about defense. I'll start worrying about his D when Dec 1 comes and he is not playing any D.

will_spurs
07-14-2015, 02:22 AM
Why is everybody so worried about his defense?? He was in the top 3 blazers defensive stats almost every year. Yes his numbers are a little higher but you can attribute that to playing on a team that doesn't care about defense. I'll start worrying about his D when Dec 1 comes and he is not playing any D.

I don't think anybody's saying he won't be playing any D, it's just that it can take time learning a team's defensive system, and that's especially true of the Spurs.

L.I.T
07-14-2015, 07:12 AM
I'm looking forward to the inevitable, start Diaw/Big Ass Serbian because LMA will thrive anchoring the bench squad since he's not working well with TD in the SL.

mbass
07-14-2015, 07:30 AM
He gets off to a slow start this season. For some reason my gut is telling me our system won't come quick to him, and will take a longer adjustment period than we first thought. Or he is just under too much pressure off the bat. Don't want to seem pessimistic but It's hard picturing him doing well in the beginning.

Don't forget that LMA is a smart guy - Dallas Independent School district Student-Athlete of the year his senior year and member of the NHS. Add that to his fantastic basketball skills and I don't think that there will be a problem at all.

vander
07-14-2015, 09:49 AM
he shoots long contested 2s, that's pretty plug-n-play

hater
07-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Lol spursfan overanalyzing shit in July :lol