BatManu20
07-14-2015, 01:01 AM
Oh, and :lol at the Kings.

DJR210
07-14-2015, 01:03 AM
Spurs West

timtonymanu
07-14-2015, 01:05 AM
Unless they are offering him a lot of money, I don't see Bonner going there. Spurs or retirement for him, imo.

Robz4000
07-14-2015, 01:09 AM
:lol

Kawhitstorm
07-14-2015, 01:14 AM
I guess you can pick a better player to be your designated cherry picker that Bonner b/c he can fill it up in an empty gym.

Biernutz
07-14-2015, 01:20 AM
Say it ain't so Matt.....

KaiRMD1
07-14-2015, 01:24 AM
We still need Matt against Ibaka

cutewizard
07-14-2015, 01:31 AM
whattttttttttttt????

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aztecfan03
07-14-2015, 01:33 AM
Why? Aldridge can pull him away from the basket.

Biernutz
07-14-2015, 01:36 AM
First he get rid of his New Balance. Now the Spurs. Whats next no more deli sandwiches.

outmap
07-14-2015, 03:06 AM

Say what you may, he's one of the funniest and classiest guy we had, hoping he would join the Spurs coaching staff. :toast

Sean Cagney
07-14-2015, 03:11 AM
Good riddance if he is gone, cool guy or not when overused he sucked when we needed him sides his famous OKC game.... Good dude but if he is gone this year goodbye.

Nathan89
07-14-2015, 03:15 AM
Better come back after he retires.

Sean Cagney
07-14-2015, 03:23 AM

AWWW his famous OKC fame fame, one of the few times he was worth a shit in the playoffs. He was so bad all the time that the sun shines atleast once if you have enough tries and for once him starting a playoff game worked!!! He was not completely worthless atleast. If he is gone good luck to him.

99 Problems
07-14-2015, 03:34 AM
Well played Red Mamba :lobt2:

spursparker9
07-14-2015, 04:17 AM
He is the unofficial big 4 tbh.

the only player left over from the 2007 title team and saw through the hellish 2009,2010 and 2011 seasons

BillMc
07-14-2015, 04:23 AM
I'm sure Bonner would rather stay a Spur. He does have value to us as a shooting big and someone who knows the system, a premium early in the season with all the new faces.

You would think, however, as Bonner is an aging big whose shot really declined last year, he'd have less value to the Kings. Not sure what Divac is trying to do over there...Maybe Karl likes him.

Fireball
07-14-2015, 04:24 AM
he will retire or stay a Spur ...

Spurtacular
07-14-2015, 04:26 AM
Unless they are offering him a lot of money, I don't see Bonner going there. Spurs or retirement for him, imo.

In his eleven year career, Matt Bonner has made $28M gross. That's not so much by NBA standards. I'm guessing that the Kings could make him an offer he couldn't refuse. Of course, that would assume that Bonner doesn't necessarily have a stout Spur 'til (forced) retirement attitude. Though, I'm sure if the numbers are negligible, he won't be enticed to leave another ring on the table.

Source: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/matt-bonner/cash-earnings/

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-14-2015, 08:47 AM
How big would the offer have to be for him to seriously consider it? 2yrs 6mil?

hooperflash
07-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Coach Pop and R.C.

http://youtu.be/KZLeTkdlvzs

bklynspursfan
07-14-2015, 08:58 AM
Matt gets hated on, but he's improved a great deal. His post defense is underrated, he has helped us in certain match ups, and even if he's struggling with his shot, he spreads the floor with his presence which helps the flow of the game.

hater
07-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Bullshit.

Bonner used to shoot lights out. That was years ago. In recent years he's been an awful shooter and bricked us out of many games.

Hs a big reason why we ended up with 6th seed last year.

Good riddance

ceperez
07-14-2015, 09:03 AM
In his eleven year career, Matt Bonner has made $28M gross. That's not so much by NBA standards. I'm guessing that the Kings could make him an offer he couldn't refuse. Of course, that would assume that Bonner doesn't necessarily have a stout Spur 'til (forced) retirement attitude. Though, I'm sure if the numbers are negligible, he won't be enticed to leave another ring on the table.

Source: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/matt-bonner/cash-earnings/

If you consider how thrifty Matt Bonner is... he probably is now wealthier than Duncan (after Duncan lost like $20m).

Spurs9
07-14-2015, 09:13 AM
He will be Veveks right hand man.

Spur|n|Austin
07-14-2015, 09:15 AM
Get this guy a job in the FO or behind the bench!

Old School 44
07-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Matt gets hated on, but he's improved a great deal. His post defense is underrated, he has helped us in certain match ups, and even if he's struggling with his shot, he spreads the floor with his presence which helps the flow of the game.

At times, he has even been able to put the ball on the floor when run off the three point line. That little baby jump hook is money.

cd98
07-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Kings are raiding the Spurs. And vice versa.

random21
07-14-2015, 09:36 AM

Truth

look_at_g_shred
07-14-2015, 09:50 AM
Bonner putting pressure on PATFO imho

xellos88330
07-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Spurs West

More like Spurs a little more to the west.

ginobilized
07-14-2015, 10:23 AM
I'd love to see Matty B get another year or two of NBA paychecks. He is obviously an awesome dude. Then he'll come back to us in a front office capacity. That's a win-win.

Dre_7
07-14-2015, 10:50 AM

I agree! However, I only want him back for the minimum, anything else he can go.

K...
07-14-2015, 11:00 AM
Maybe this was the wink wink part of the McCollum trade

jermaine
07-14-2015, 11:08 AM
I'd seriously be hurt if Matt didn't come back. He's a kool kat, an he tries hard. He really can't do much. But he never complains an gives it all he has. Limited an all. But he does his best. Not all NBA players do that. Especially if they're shot isn't falling.

SpurPadre
07-14-2015, 11:10 AM

They have great sandwiches in Sac, tbh. Take the fucking bait, Ginger, those sandwiches are AWESOME! DO IT, DO IT!!!

still.focused
07-14-2015, 11:17 AM
I agree! However, I only want him back for the minimum, anything else he can go.

His Grantland interview he says FA is really easy for him because he doesnt look for anything more than vet min
He actually says "Im a minimum salary guy"
I cant see him leaving SA especially not for Sac

SpurPadre
07-14-2015, 11:18 AM

Really?! Not here. There's an inexplicable love fest for the guy here and only a very small minority see him for the terrible NBA player he has been for most of his ridiculously long career and rightfully wish he'd be gone. The guy has simply taken up space that could've actually been used for a young prospect to develop his game and learn the system directly from Pop. The time for him to leave the team has been long overdue.

mrtxstar
07-14-2015, 11:19 AM
Leaving the Spurs at this point is tantamount to giving up a ring. Why would he willingly do that? Nope, he's staying and then maybe retiring.

Despot
07-14-2015, 11:44 AM
I saw an article a couple of weeks ago where he said if the Spurs did not want him he would move on to another team. He seemed excited when he was asked about the celtics as a possibility. I read the article twice and I am not sure why I was left with the impression he was looking for a good amount of money.

jag
07-14-2015, 11:45 AM
I saw an article a couple of weeks ago where he said if the Spurs did not want him he would move on to another team. He seemed excited when he was asked about the celtics as a possibility. I read the article twice and I am not sure why I was left with the impression he was looking for a good amount of money.

I'm pretty sure he drives a 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix. I'm not joking.

I have a feeling he's financially secure.

rmt
07-14-2015, 12:03 PM
He is the unofficial big 4 tbh.

the only player left over from the 2007 title team and saw through the hellish 2009,2010 and 2011 seasons

He was part of the reason why it was hellish - that Bonner/Blair lineup. Bonner should go to the Kings if they give him a good offer. Pop will always take him back for the front office later.

BatManu20
07-14-2015, 12:35 PM
I think Bonner bolts if the Kings are offering him something decent. He said in the Grantland interview with Michelle Beadle that he wouldn't be opposed to playing somewhere else (to which she of course said was blasphemous, and that he must remain a Spur). So I wouldn't be surprised. Gotta get paid while he still can, tbh.

Laughing Gravy
07-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Better not be kiddn'...

He has been palatable the last few years in his vastly reduced role, but before that he was my most hated Spur of all time. Pops suckfest with the Red Rocket probably cost us at least 1 ring. Get to steppin mr. 1 trick pony. We finally might not have to deal with this pathetic "big man" with a dogs penis as a nickname any more!

ducks
07-14-2015, 12:51 PM
his role would be very limited here
I could see him wanting to play more and get paid more with the kings
has his rings and maybe he wants to see all the fun in the kings lockerroom

Johnsyounger
07-14-2015, 01:03 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/QuestionablePessimisticCanvasback.gif

SnakeBoy
07-14-2015, 01:07 PM
I'd be shocked if Matt wasn't wearing silver&black when the season starts. I hated him when was a primary option but as a limited role player I think he's good for the Spurs.

BillMc
07-14-2015, 01:12 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/QuestionablePessimisticCanvasback.gif
:toast

wontstartdumbthreads
07-14-2015, 01:13 PM
Bullshit.

Bonner used to shoot lights out. That was years ago. In recent years he's been an awful shooter and bricked us out of many games.

Good riddance

that kid in your sig always makes me do a double take. what the fuck.

TheGreatYacht
07-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Bullshit.

Good riddance

MVPCues
07-14-2015, 01:26 PM
He is still useful in certain situations. I think he is done as a year long productive player. At some point he isn't worth the roster spot. When that point is reached is debatable. For the most part, it was reached for the Spurs last year, IMO.

I think he is a great dude. I am OK with him getting the very last spot with limited minutes or moving on. I think the FO is distancing itself from Matt and if he plays next year it will be with another team. I can see someone offering him 2.5-3 mil for 1 year and he accepting.

It would be cool if he returned to the organization in some capacity after he retires, but I think that is just speculation and am skeptical.

KwamiLeonard
07-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Bonner is a legend. Need to retire his number imo.

DJR210
07-14-2015, 01:46 PM
I'd seriously be hurt if Matt didn't come back. He's a kool kat, an he tries hard. He really can't do much. But he never complains an gives it all he has. Limited an all. But he does his best. Not all NBA players do that. Especially if they're shot isn't falling.

:lol

bklynspursfan
07-14-2015, 01:55 PM
At times, he has even been able to put the ball on the floor when run off the three point line. That little baby jump hook is money.

Yep. Forgot about that one... Definitely a guy who even though he doesn't play much, you can see improvements he's made.

bklynspursfan
07-14-2015, 01:56 PM

Agreed

Really?! Not here. There's an inexplicable love fest for the guy here and only a very small minority see him for the terrible NBA player he has been for most of his ridiculously long career and rightfully wish he'd be gone. The guy has simply taken up space that could've actually been used for a young prospect to develop his game and learn the system directly from Pop. The time for him to leave the team has been long overdue.

He's far from terrible, considering the role he's had the last few years.

KwamiLeonard
07-14-2015, 02:05 PM
He has been a fixture for years now. I wouldnt mind giving him a shit roster role. Lets also not forget the role that behemoth iphone plus played in his decline. It shouldnt be understated. From experience, texting and driving is a pain in the ass.

spurs10
07-14-2015, 02:06 PM
Leaving the Spurs at this point is tantamount to giving up a ring. Why would he willingly do that? Nope, he's staying and then maybe retiring. He wouldn't "willingly." It's not his call.

will_spurs
07-14-2015, 02:09 PM
Spur for life.

FkLA
07-14-2015, 02:10 PM

+1

Matty is a Spurs staple. I'd genuinely miss him tbh.

ducks
07-14-2015, 02:22 PM
+1

Matty is a Spurs staple. I'd genuinely miss him tbh.

would you miss him more then tp

SAGirl
07-14-2015, 02:23 PM
He very clearly is not ready to retire. His iPhone excuse for his diminished shooting percentage I thought was a jab to raise interest from teams. He is giving the spurs time to fill up their rosters, but as they have signed even a dleague guy b4 him and Lalane may be around, or the tall Bertans who got injured may be picked up midseason, it is time for him to look elsewhere. Frankly, the spurs need younger bigs to develop if you are going to carry another big at the end of the bench. BOban and West took small salaries for a championship, but may not be around after 1 yr. Duncan may or may not retire after this year, DIaw is aging, etc. If Spurs pick up another big, it should be a younger guy who will stick around. Bonner might be done in SA

timtonymanu
07-14-2015, 02:58 PM
He's far from terrible, considering the role he's had the last few years.

Agreed. It took 4 seasons but Pop finally stopped putting Bonner in the Diaw role. And once Matty was put in a spot that suited him better, he stopped hurting the team and actually contributed some (Lakers, Grizzlies, Thunder series for example ).

There have been bigger scrubs than Bonner on this team.

Mugen
07-14-2015, 03:07 PM
There have been bigger scrubs than Bonner on this team.

You missing Beli yet.....

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-14-2015, 03:08 PM
They should get him to replace Vlade.

timtonymanu
07-14-2015, 03:08 PM
You missing Beli yet.....

:lol tbh 2015 Porker made my Beli hate disappear.

BillMc
07-14-2015, 03:11 PM
They should get him to replace Vlade.

That is the truth. Red Rocket would be a better executive by far.

Mugen
07-14-2015, 03:12 PM
:lol tbh 2015 Porker made my Beli hate disappear.

Yeah, at least Beli could shoot tbh.

vander
07-14-2015, 03:28 PM
BRING BONNER BACK!!!

HarlemHeat37
07-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Should keep him as a 6th big, you can't do better IMO..knows the system, might still be able to make 3s, will only have to play 1 game out of every 5 or so, etc..

BatManu20
07-14-2015, 04:38 PM
Think we should try and retain him, tbh. There's still hope that he can rebound from this horrific injury and return to old form.

davidbowie
07-14-2015, 05:08 PM
letting matt go would be a mistake. he embodies everything right about the spurs organization. he should retire a spur.

mrtxstar
07-14-2015, 05:15 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by mrtxstar (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8119868#post8119868)
Leaving the Spurs at this point is tantamount to giving up a ring. Why would he willingly do that? Nope, he's staying and then maybe retiring.

He wouldn't "willingly." It's not his call.

Wow... must be the reason I included the word, "willingly". If it's not his call then it's not his call. Sayonara Red Mamba.

.G.
07-14-2015, 05:52 PM
If he leaves, I will dearly miss Matt Bonner Basketball.

Pocket Hippo
07-14-2015, 07:48 PM
He isn't worried about money, he is playing the long game.
My sources say that his secret agenda has been scouting sandwiches all over the country on the Spurs dime. He knows the big money is going to come with his sandwich shop in SA. He will open first location once he perfects his special "Mamba sauce" <-- real reason his hand hurts

james evans
07-15-2015, 11:48 AM
so the kings trying to make us spend some money by showing "interest" in bonner?

MaNu4Tres
07-15-2015, 11:59 AM
Should keep him as a 6th big, you can't do better IMO..knows the system, might still be able to make 3s, will only have to play 1 game out of every 5 or so, etc..

Agree to an extent.

However, do you think the FO may not value his skill set as much anymore because of the acquisitions they made?

Three of the five bigs, Aldridge, West and Diaw, can all spread the floor for the Spurs offense.

Before the LMA/West additions, they had Splitter, Ayres, and Baynes (all players who couldn't spread the floor)-- which is why Bonners' skill set was valuable on the roster.

skulls138
07-15-2015, 02:36 PM
Its too bad he never had a great playoff. I think its because of bad luck. I remember when Kerr was with us and he couldn't make shit for awhile, like a whole season before he found it. Hornacek almost quit when he first joined the Jazz because he couldn't make shit. Danny Ferry had his troubles. If Bonner would've made a few 3s at the right time it'd be a different story

Keepin' it real
07-15-2015, 02:43 PM
If Bonner would've made a few 3s at the right time it'd be a different story

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/62668701.jpg

Sean Cagney
07-15-2015, 02:56 PM
Agreed. It took 4 seasons but Pop finally stopped putting Bonner in the Diaw role. And once Matty was put in a spot that suited him better, he stopped hurting the team and actually contributed some (Lakers, Grizzlies, Thunder series for example ).

There have been bigger scrubs than Bonner on this team.That was my problem with him, overused at the time and a detriment to the team. I agree with you 100%.
Its too bad he never had a great playoff. I think its because of bad luck. I remember when Kerr was with us and he couldn't make shit for awhile, like a whole season before he found it. Hornacek almost quit when he first joined the Jazz because he couldn't make shit. Danny Ferry had his troubles. If Bonner would've made a few 3s at the right time it'd be a different story
I can't remember one big clutch three he has made? He makes them earlier in the game but if it's late and a big shot that damn thing is clanking off the rim, most un clutch high % three shooter I have ever seen. It's like he freezes at the end of the games. He had a good playoff in 013 though, he shot a high % and helped out vs. the Grizz etc. He had one decent run atleast. It's not just bad luck either IMO, either you have that IT factor (Horry) or you don't, he doesn't.

FkLA
07-15-2015, 02:57 PM
would you miss him more then tp

I wouldn't miss Enrique at all. I'd throw a party if we got rid of his cancerous play and contract tbh.