PDA

View Full Version : New York City Pays Eric Garner's Family $5.9 Million Settlement To Avoid Lawsuit

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2015, 09:22 AM
It's a shame they force the tax payers to foot the bill as opposed to taking it out the cops pension fund...I bet if they did that cops would stop overnight with the murders of innocent people along with all their other illegal activities....

RIP Eric Garner...

Buddy Mignon
07-14-2015, 09:43 AM
I wonder what are the terms of that settlement.

m>s
07-14-2015, 11:42 AM
At first I was so confused I was thinking of the dorner guy who went rambo

cantthinkofanything
07-14-2015, 11:54 AM
I wonder what are the terms of that settlement.

I heard that Eric has to collect it in person.

Aztecfan03
07-14-2015, 05:01 PM
It's a shame there is a settlement at all.

Trill Clinton
07-14-2015, 05:24 PM
not enough. the pain his children went though having to see their father murdered over ALLEGEDLY selling loosies and then the EMT and NYPD's total lack of empathy while he layed there unresponsive. some demonic people in this world, man.

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2015, 05:29 PM
It's a shame there is a settlement at all.

i agree they should have wrote the check automatically and gave the cop life....glad we agree :toast

HarlemHeat37
07-14-2015, 05:29 PM
not enough. the pain his children went though having to see their father murdered over ALLEGEDLY selling loosies and then the EMT and NYPD's total lack of empathy while he layed there unresponsive. some demonic people in this world, man.

This is true, but police brutality and Black discrimination is a staple of American society, unfortunately..might as well enjoy the 6 mil, tbh..

Trill Clinton
07-14-2015, 05:52 PM
This is true, but police brutality and Black discrimination is a staple of American society, unfortunately..might as well enjoy the 6 mil, tbh..

yea, this country is fucked up. his wife is a down ass bitch. she initially turned down the 5 mil offer and told NYPD to go fucc themselves. her greedy lawyers convinced her to take the money and sue the EMT's next. i guess she's looking out for what's best for the kids at this point.

HarlemHeat37
07-14-2015, 07:44 PM
yea, this country is fucked up. his wife is a down ass bitch. she initially turned down the 5 mil offer and told NYPD to go fucc themselves. her greedy lawyers convinced her to take the money and sue the EMT's next. i guess she's looking out for what's best for the kids at this point.

It's the best perspective, tbh..I agree with Bomani Jones' outlook, he said he used to get angry and protest, etc about these things, but as the years went on, he said he learned that it's pointless to be angry and discuss these things, since it's always the same arguments and nothing ever changes..

Hopefully one day there's real change and progress, but for now, I'd just let my kids be millionaires and enjoy life, hopefully set up their future kids and start a cycle of success, rather than getting nothing out of my father being wrongfully killed by scum cops..

DarrinS
07-15-2015, 07:57 AM
He could be alive today if he behaved differently