PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the FO is learning: Bonner edition

poeticism707
07-14-2015, 01:49 PM
9 years. That's how long it took the FO to learn to stop standing pat.

9 years. 7 too long, when it was no obvious in 2 years at most, no matter how well Bonner shot in the regular season, in the playoffs the inevitable hard closeouts would come, and he'd be lucky to get 2 threes up a game with his slow release, horrible bricks of course.

Pop is brilliant but Holt does Spurs fans a disservice by giving him pretty much unilateral control over personnel because of his brilliance and success.

If Holt actually took things a little more to heart, like a Mark Cuban, than players like Bonner wouldn't have lifetime contracts of bricking with the Spurs. And there has been more Bonners in the Duncan era than I care to remember.

Even without the total gifts of LA and West, this team could still when a title.

Because the Spurs stop effing around, and shed every loser piece on the team.

Including Mart Bonner.

Seven years too late.

will_spurs
07-14-2015, 01:54 PM
PATFO had little to no flexibility before, with the cap as it was and the big 3 in their prime.

1/10.

poeticism707
07-14-2015, 02:48 PM
PATFO had little to no flexibility before, with the cap as it was and the big 3 in their prime.

1/10.

Of course.

Because the Spurs were paying Bonner 3 .5m a year, and there were LITERALLY ZERO PLAYERS they could have that paid that too.

Which would ALL OTHER ROLE PLAYERS ON EVERY EVERY TEAM WAS MAKING WELL OVER 5M A YEAR over Bonner's 9 year stretch. No, just no.

I swear, Spurs fans are really lacking in critical thinking.

If Pop, a chest master, knew how dumb most of his fanbase is, he would have quit a decade ago.

Mr. Body
07-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Bonner sucked as a starter especially against the Memphis frontline, but that's not his role. He's a deep bench guy good for spot minutes, which is what he's done mostly since.

slick'81
07-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Who cares hopefully dude is gone

DrunkTXLabrat
07-14-2015, 03:28 PM
i'd like to throw my support behind this, i really would. but even i get concerned about a poster mistaking when and chest...

...to heck with it, the spurs haven't learned. Standing still, or flailing about. The Spurs will never learn. "Keep it simple, stupid." The Spurs are classic over-thinkers. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. They've done well, to be fair. Coulda done better is not fair to say. Coulda been worse, duh. I suppose the point is, forget the Bonner problem. forget the whole over-thinking problem, it's contagious. just focus on when and chest.

Spur|n|Austin
07-14-2015, 03:56 PM
9 years. That's how long it took the FO to learn to stop standing pat.

9 years. 7 too long, when it was no obvious in 2 years at most, no matter how well Bonner shot in the regular season, in the playoffs the inevitable hard closeouts would come, and he'd be lucky to get 2 threes up a game with his slow release, horrible bricks of course.

Pop is brilliant but Holt does Spurs fans a disservice by giving him pretty much unilateral control over personnel because of his brilliance and success.

If Holt actually took things a little more to heart, like a Mark Cuban, than players like Bonner wouldn't have lifetime contracts of bricking with the Spurs. And there has been more Bonners in the Duncan era than I care to remember.

Even without the total gifts of LA and West, this team could still when a title.

Because the Spurs stop effing around, and shed every loser piece on the team.

Including Mart Bonner.

Seven years too late.

You know we won 2 of our 5 championships in those 7 years right?

Ungrateful fans saying ungrateful things per par.

Sean Cagney
07-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Who cares hopefully dude is gone

This...

Op if Holt was more like Cuban the Spurs would have a new team every single year and have no chemistry so bad example there to say the least. I am glad he is not like Cuban in that sense.

TrainOfThought5
07-14-2015, 04:49 PM
3 finals appearances and 2 championships aint bad.

Sean Cagney
07-14-2015, 04:59 PM
3 finals appearances and 2 championships aint bad.

Yes indeed but they didn't start going far until Bonner was played in his right role and not overused. 2007 he hardly played at all and then 013-14 greatly reduced in role, coincidence? Thank GOD Boris came along.