PDA

View Full Version : Adopted Children Kept in Cages

Jelly
09-13-2005, 11:38 AM
There are some seriously sick and twisted people in this world. And once again, Child Protective Services arrives way too late.

11 Kids Made to Sleep in Cages in Ohio

The Associated Press
Tuesday, September 13, 2005; 10:10 AM

WAKEMAN, Ohio -- Sheriff's deputies removed 11 disabled children from a home where they were made to sleep in cages less than 3 1/2 feet high, authorities said.

The children's adoptive and foster parents, Mike and Sharen Gravelle, denied that they'd abused or neglected the children during a custody hearing Monday in Huron County. No charges had been filed as of Monday night.

"The impression that we got was that they felt it was OK," said Lt. Randy Sommers of the Huron County Sheriff's Office.

The Gravelles said a psychiatrist recommended they make the children sleep in the cages at night, County Prosecutor Russell Leffler said. The cages were stacked in bedrooms on the second floor of their house, he said.

The children, ages 1 to 14, were described as having conditions that included autism and fetal alcohol syndrome.

The children were found by a children's services investigator on Friday when he stopped by the Gravelles' home outside Wakeman, about 50 miles west of Cleveland. Deputies returned to the house that evening.

Some of the cages were rigged with alarms, Sommers said; others had heavy furniture blocking their doors. The children didn't have blankets or pillows.

One of the boys said he'd slept in the cage for three years, Sommers said. And a neighbor recently reported seeing the children working long hours in the family's yard, he said.

The children were placed with four foster families Monday.

A woman who identified herself as Sharen Gravelle's mother but refused to give her name said the children were happy and loved. "This year they have played and had fun and laughed like no other children have, which they have never been able to do," she said.

The Gravelles do not have a listed telephone number.

Sommers said there were no apparent signs the children had been malnourished or beaten, but they were sent to a hospital for examination. Their conditions were not available Monday.

In March, a couple who had recently moved from Ohio to Florida was charged with neglect when their adopted teenager was discovered malnourished in a crib-like cage. The then-17-year-old weighed 49 pounds, investigators said.

The twin-bed-sized crib had been prescribed when the boy was much younger and lived in Ohio. It had been fitted with a lid, chains and a padlock, investigators said.

batman2883
09-13-2005, 11:53 AM
fucking sick people deserve to die

ObiwanGinobili
09-13-2005, 11:54 AM
.........The Gravelles said a psychiatrist recommended they make the children sleep in the cages at night, County Prosecutor Russell Leffler said. The cages were stacked in bedrooms on the second floor of their house, he said.......................In March, a couple who had recently moved from Ohio to Florida was charged with neglect when their adopted teenager was discovered malnourished in a crib-like cage. The then-17-year-old weighed 49 pounds, investigators said.
The twin-bed-sized crib had been prescribed when the boy was much younger and lived in Ohio. It had been fitted with a lid, chains and a padlock, investigators said.

A. these parents are freaking fucked in the head if they thought this was "okay"..
but really
B. who the hell are these "proffesionals" who are suggesteing cages and and prescribing crib-like cage beds?????????
did they get thier motherfuckign degrees from the Marquis de Sade Medical School?????

god I'm pissed.

SWC Bonfire
09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Good Lord...

Jelly
09-13-2005, 12:04 PM
A. these parents are freaking fucked in the head if they thought this was "okay"..
but really
B. who the hell are these "proffesionals" who are suggesteing cages and and prescribing crib-like cage beds?????????
did they get thier motherfuckign degrees from the Marquis de Sade Medical School?????

god I'm pissed.

I don't believe that. These people are lying through their teeth. This is not the first time we've heard disturbing stories involving foster parents. It seems some people foster and adopt children for the sole purpose of abusing them, and it amazes me that they can carry on the abuse for YEARS before Child Protective Services finds out.

samikeyp
09-13-2005, 12:11 PM
If I buy the bullets, will someone please shoot these people in the head?

batman2883
09-13-2005, 12:13 PM
sick people i dont know how they are made....too much television.....too many damn fucking traumatic incidents growing up??? i mean are they breed...this crazy?

Jelly
09-13-2005, 12:14 PM

I'm ordinarily not a violent person, but would you mind if we just bludgeon them to death instead? You can bring the baseball bats.

SWC Bonfire
09-13-2005, 12:15 PM

Take your choice of 30-30, .45 ACP or 12 Ga or 12 Ga mag (00 or better).

samikeyp
09-13-2005, 12:15 PM
I'm ordinarily not a violent person, but would you mind if we just bludgeon them to death instead? You can bring the baseball bats.

Fair enough. Meet you at Academy? I think they are having a sale.

samikeyp
09-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Take your choice of 30-30, .45 ACP or 12 Ga or 12 Ga mag (00 or better).

nahh..something smaller that doesn't kill them right away.

SWC Bonfire
09-13-2005, 12:17 PM
nahh..something smaller that doesn't kill them right away.

.22 short.

samikeyp
09-13-2005, 12:19 PM
perfect.

ObiwanGinobili
09-13-2005, 12:40 PM
I say we just lock them up in those cages and leave them there.....oh, and don;t tell anyone where they are.. we'll just fly up there, shove them in soem cages, lock them up, and fly back here.

1Parker1
09-13-2005, 12:56 PM
One of the boys said he'd slept in the cage for three years, Sommers said. And a neighbor recently reported seeing the children working long hours in the family's yard, he said.

Well, why didn't the neighbor say something to anyone?

samikeyp
09-13-2005, 12:58 PM
I say we just lock them up in those cages and leave them there.....oh, and don;t tell anyone where they are.. we'll just fly up there, shove them in soem cages, lock them up, and fly back here.

Dip them in the floodwaters of New Orleans.

Summers
09-13-2005, 01:51 PM
How fucked in the head do people have to be to torture children? Damnit, this stuff pisses me off!

Vashner
09-13-2005, 02:02 PM
They found NBAdan's house? (just kidding) :)

spurs=bling
09-13-2005, 06:00 PM
now those people are some sick fuck ups

spurs=bling
09-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Stupid a-hole foster parents should be put in cages of their own.

i agree