PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Rank'em: Lakers, Knicks, Mavs, Blazers, who got the brighter future?

spursistan
07-14-2015, 08:13 PM
1- Lakers: I think they are getting Westbrook/Love or even a souring AD in 2017/2018/2019..Just waiting out the Kobe contract, and league will intervene, IMO..No way they would be let slip into post-Bird Boston-like irrelevancy period..Thibs/Carlisle will be coaching there soon..

2-Blazers: they have an actually competent FO..I think they will be back in couple of years to the same second tier pretender status..

3- Mavs: Looking like post Dirk dark age...Horrible high profile free agency record despite a decade-long success and Nowitzki being model teammate..Cuban/Donnie have punted on the draft and seem to have no clue there..

4-Knicks: Failure is now part of DNA; it doesn't help that the game of basketball has passed Phil Jackson by...

TXstbobcat
07-14-2015, 08:17 PM
Is none of the above an option????????

spursistan
07-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Is none of the above an option????????
It is all relative, ofc..

BD24
07-14-2015, 09:09 PM
I guess Lakers, just because of their ability to lure big name free agents once TOSB retires. Future is looking pretty bleak for the next 3. At least Blazers have a young star though, not a franchise player obviously. Better building block than either the Mavs or Knicks have.

I would say your rank is pretty spot on.

Thread
07-14-2015, 09:12 PM
I guess Lakers, just because of their ability to lure big name free agents once TOSB retires. Future is looking pretty bleak for the next 3. At least Blazers have a young star though, not a franchise player obviously. Better building block than either the Mavs or Knicks have.

I would say your rank is pretty spot on.

Let me boil this down for ya, squirt:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th.

It's my Bag, asshole. I invented it. I designate it. It's in Texas for at least another year.

BD24
07-14-2015, 09:14 PM
so TOSB: 5
GOAT PF: 2nd 5th.

Got it. Is a 2nd 5th better or worse than a first 5th dale?

Thread
07-14-2015, 09:19 PM
so TOSB: 5
GOAT PF: 2nd 5th.

Got it. Is a 2nd 5th better or worse than a first 5th dale?

No, get your own shit. The Bag is my shit.

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

BD24
07-14-2015, 09:20 PM
But which is better dale a 1st or 2nd 5th?

Thread
07-14-2015, 09:24 PM
But which is better dale a 1st or 2nd 5th?

Don't play obtuse with me, Moose.

BD24
07-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Since you created the term 2nd 5th I just needed you to clarify for me which is better a 1st or 2nd 5th. Thats all. The bag can stay in texas yada yada if you answer the question Dale.

07-14-2015, 09:33 PM
But which one are you Dale, pre OR post Pau?

Thread
07-14-2015, 09:45 PM
Since you created the term 2nd 5th I just needed you to clarify for me which is better a 1st or 2nd 5th. Thats all. The bag can stay in texas yada yada if you answer the question Dale.

I do not believe you can rate 1st & 2nd, Moose. You want it like Kobe has it (5).

Thread
07-14-2015, 09:47 PM
But which one are you Dale, pre OR post Pau?

pre...just about killed Splits & D. D rattled on about some bs, but, finally took it. Splits? Made a complete ass of himself.

Mitch
07-14-2015, 09:50 PM
Solid list

100%duncan
07-14-2015, 10:50 PM
The Sixers

Tee hee

Splits
07-14-2015, 10:53 PM
pre...just about killed Splits & D. D rattled on about some bs, but, finally took it. Splits? Made a complete ass of himself.

1 drive-by guest posting in 2006 does not grant one PrePau status on this board. Nuh uh, sorry, not in my house.

Sure, you were a Laker fan PrePau, that I don't doubt. But you weren't a board member.

SpursBig3s
07-14-2015, 11:13 PM
I do not believe you can rate 1st & 2nd, Moose. You want it like Kobe has it (5).

that's funny, i don't see a "2nd 5th" banner hanging in the AT&T center.

Do you have Down Syndrome?

DMC
07-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Nothing in the OP seems even remotely correct.

Kobe will resign for 2 more years after 2016.

Westbrook will end up in Cleveland.

AD isn't going anywhere.

Durant will stay in OKC or come to play with LMA in San Antonio.

Love will be in Chicago.

DMC
07-14-2015, 11:55 PM
Bullshit. I knew from day 1 when you posted. I was banking on you being too lazy to back your shit up, and I was right.

Splits has a point though. Why didn't you hang around in 2006? Why did you wait until Pau to hang around?

Things that make you go hmmmm, except we all know the answer.

gambit1990
07-15-2015, 12:22 AM
depends on how you define future. over the next two years, the mavs. over the next four... i'd go with knicks.

Thread
07-15-2015, 05:09 AM
Bullshit. I knew from day 1 when you posted. I was banking on you being too lazy to back your shit up, and I was right.

Splits has a point though. Why didn't you hang around in 2006? Why did you wait until Pau to hang around?

Things that make you go hmmmm, except we all know the answer.

Horseshit, your garbled bs after it was proven I was pre Pau was beneath even you.

Thread
07-15-2015, 05:10 AM
that's funny, i don't see a "2nd 5th" banner hanging in the AT&T center.

Do you have Down Syndrome?

But, here, 3s, we hang it:::

DMC
07-15-2015, 08:21 AM
Horseshit, your garbled bs after it was proven I was pre Pau was beneath even you.

Dale giving life to the "pre/post" schtick, like anyone cares.

We see grey name fans all the time who show up randomly when their team is doing well, and they might have a start date of many years back, but only a couple posts. Suddenly they are inspired to share their basketball takes with us, since their team is now competing (Hawks, for example). If they flocked here suddenly after the Hawks acquired Anthony Davis or something along those lines, it wouldn't matter if they had a post or two here many years before. They were inspired by new blood suddenly, and that's what brought you back. You know it. Your join date with your resident moniker proves it.

Pau was the catalyst.

Thread
07-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Dale giving life to the "pre/post" schtick, like anyone cares.

You were pretty flat eared after Double A brought forth the goods. I let you & that other idiot down easy.

I felt it the Christian thing to do.

tee, hee.

DMC
07-15-2015, 09:59 AM
You were pretty flat eared after Double A brought forth the goods. I let you & that other idiot down easy.

I felt it the Christian thing to do.

tee, hee.
You're still here talking about it. I win.

Thread
07-15-2015, 10:02 AM
You're still here talking about it. I win.

Absolutely. I'll be dragging that BFH (big fucking hammer) out boundlessly.

lmvictoriousao!!!

DMC
07-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Absolutely. I'll be dragging that BFH (big fucking hammer) out boundlessly.

lmvictoriousao!!!

It's plain for anyone to see when you started posting here. You're playing the caveat card again, trying to weasel your way out of it. Ironically you befriend those who's likeness you detest.

Thread
07-15-2015, 10:29 AM
It's plain for anyone to see when you started posting here. You're playing the caveat card again, trying to weasel your way out of it. Ironically you befriend those who's likeness you detest.

You're the one who's waffling after you stipulated to the facts. You can dish. You cannot take it.

ha, ha.

Raven
07-15-2015, 10:44 AM
they are all going ot be in the lottery for at least the next 5 years. Dallas may sneak in here and there, but doubt it.

07-15-2015, 11:09 AM
I've always known you to be a honorable man, so, I believe you, Cul :toast

K...
07-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Portland if they commit to tanking.

Lakers tanked successfully for two years and have very little talent to show for it. They have to hope one of those guys becomes an all star to hope to get a FA to sign.

Blazers have lillard.

Dallas will have to start at zero. Probably a three year tank.

Knicks are disqualified because they play in the kids conference. They could easily make playoffs but that isn't much success compared to the same in the west

UNT Eagles 2016
07-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Kobe: 5/7

Duncan: 5/6

I don't get the argument...

Axegrinder
07-15-2015, 02:10 PM

I don't get the argument...THAT is the trump card..although we all know zombie parrot will just deflect with his same used up polly-want-a-cracker replies. (Much like you would expect a pre-teen to do)

Thread
07-15-2015, 02:14 PM
THAT is the trump card..although we all know zombie parrot will just deflect with his same used up polly-want-a-cracker replies. (Much like you would expect a pre-teen to do)

No, the trump card as you put it is when they were selling your shit & stringing your ropes.

You ain't livin' that down. No. Absolutely not. I'll take that into the grave with me.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-15-2015, 02:14 PM
THAT is the trump card..although we all know zombie parrot will just deflect with his same used up polly-want-a-cracker replies. (Much like you would expect a pre-teen to do)
6/6 > 5/6 > 5/7 > 2/6

tbh...

UNT Eagles 2016
07-15-2015, 02:15 PM
No, the trump card as you put it is when they were selling your shit & stringing your ropes.

You ain't livin' that down. No. Absolutely not. I'll take that into the grave with me.
6/6 > 5/6 > 5/7 > 2/6

Thread
07-15-2015, 02:19 PM
6/6 > 5/6 > 5/7 > 2/6

Here, let me boil it down for ya, UNT:::

UNT Eagles 2016
07-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Here, let me boil it down for ya, UNT:::

Duncan: 2nd 5th

Kobe: 3rd 5th

Let us proceed.....

Thread
07-15-2015, 02:22 PM
Duncan: 2nd 5th

Kobe: 3rd 5th

Let us proceed.....

No. What Kobe has put in there (5) has stayed in there. Duncan is the one who put his 1st 5th in there and they made him take it out and give it to Miami. Dunk was upset at Amy and he let it affect his game.

Solly Cholly, but, that's the cold, hard truth.

Axegrinder
07-15-2015, 02:27 PM
Ya..BARELY losing one of the best finals matchups in history of NBA. Thats what you hang your hat on? lol NBA strings ropes turdsmoker. And pretty sure the SPURS didnt try to sell shit. Your whole little schtick was ill conceived from the jump. Heres the facts..not much troll material to work with regarding Spurs, so you have to reach or just make shit up to even come up with something as lame as 2nd 5th and stringin ropes. Who has the better winning percentage in finals in this era? Now go gum some geritol father time

Thread
07-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Ya..BARELY losing one of the best finals matchups in history of NBA. Thats what you hang your hat on? lol NBA strings ropes turdsmoker. And pretty sure the SPURS didnt try to sell shit. Your whole little schtick was ill conceived from the jump. Heres the facts..not much troll material to work with regarding Spurs, so you have to reach or just make shit up to even come up with something as lame as 2nd 5th and stringin ropes. Who has the better winning percentage in finals in this era? Now go gum some geritol father time

Your former assistant coach didn't think so at the time. To him it was a fata compli. He thought it over. over over.

And they were selling your shit on the television, bub. Of course they quit when it went the other way, but, they sold some shit.

(((And BARELY doesn't count Axe. You know better. Don't ever say it again, or, I will follow you all the days of your NBA Forum life.)))

buttsR4rebounding
07-15-2015, 06:41 PM
4-Knicks: Failure is now part of DNA; it doesn't help that the game of basketball has passed Phil Jackson by...

It seems like Jackson is putting in the minimum effort to get idiots like Dolan to continue to pay him 10's of millions of dollars. I don't know if the game passed him by or he just doesn't actually give a rat's ass as long as the checks keep coming in. (Can't really blame him.)

Silver&Black
07-15-2015, 07:34 PM

I don't get the argument...

Even though I don't think Kobe>Duncan and never will....

I hate the argument that 5/6 is somehow better than 5/7. 7 Finals appearances is somehow worse than 6 Finals appearances?

It's just like Lakers fan saying they would rather not make the playoffs than lose in the Finals...I just don't get it.

Axegrinder
07-16-2015, 12:23 AM
BARELY faggot..and Spurs never sold shit ya dolt

TMacsOneGoodEye
07-16-2015, 07:20 AM
I'd rank the Mavs first because I believe in Cuban and Donnie, plus when Dirk retires it would be nice to finally have a real franchise player who is capable of playing both ends of the floor and not be a liability on the defensive end.

ambchang
07-16-2015, 08:00 AM
Depends how you define brighter future. If you mean being a contender, then:
1) Portland - Already got a decent base, owner with deep pockets, only game in town, cap room, history of drafting well
2) Lakers - Once Kobe come off the books, LA will become a great destination again. The question is how well can Chaz build a team. But talent will let you contend. That said, ability to draft is horrible.
3) Mavs - Passionate owner (Too passionate at times), big city, state tax, drafts reasonably well, attractive destination for FAs
4) Knicks - Even though it's a great location, the management of this team is just a joke. As long as Dolan is at the helm, the Knicks will be horrible.

If by actually winning a ring:
1) Lakers - history is on their side
2) Mavs, Knicks, Portland - don't really see them winning one in the next couple of decades.

Mark Celibate
07-16-2015, 08:40 AM
This t-mac troll is in fact a Locket fan under the cover of a mavs troll account, his only aim of creating this troll is to demean our hero Dirk and our beloved boys in blue as a whole, tbh.

MarCowMar
07-16-2015, 10:56 AM
Wow, damn tough question. As a fan I wouldn't be terribly thrilled with what any of these teams is doing.

1) Blazers. Young team. Not much good going for them, but not much bad either. Some prospects to enjoy watching.

2) Lakers. You've gotta be excited about the possibilities for this team after Kobe is finally sent to the glue factory and they can pursue free agents again. A few young guys to root for in the meantime.

3) Mavs. Stuck between rebuilding and competing. Despite being obnoxious, your own is doing his best to put good product on the floor.

4) Knicks. Team is no fun to watch and Fisher and Jackson haven't done anything to win anyone's confidence.