PDA

View Full Version : court decides to release video of cops shooting unarmed man

Blake
07-15-2015, 10:36 AM
"....... Diaz-Zeferino, who was drunk, then lowered his hands and slowly took about five small steps toward police. He spread his arms out with palms open as if to plead with them. Told to put them back up, he complied, then removed his ball cap and lowered his hands as shots were fired.

From one angle, his palms are open and facing upward. Footage from a second camera behind two of the officers showed Diaz-Zeferino's right hand briefly swung out of view at his waist when they fired.The officers said they feared he was reaching for a weapon.

What the videos don't show is that he wasn't armed and witnesses said Zeferino was trying to tell police they had the wrong men.

http://news.yahoo.com/video-released-shows-police-killing-unarmed-man-la-074451408.html#

Blake
07-15-2015, 10:40 AM
Teqn_8tu5D4

DMC
07-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Why are people so stupid? You can tell them anything you want after they have secured the scene. You don't flail around like a fucking retard when three agitated cops have drawn down on you and are commanding you to put your hands up. If you do, you're asking to get shot. Legal or not, you're fucking stupid.

DisAsTerBot
07-15-2015, 11:20 AM
yeah the other guys kept their hand up the whole time and were not shot.....well maybe that third guy caught a round or two

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2015, 11:37 AM
yeah the other guys kept their hand up the whole time and were not shot.....well maybe that third guy caught a round or two

Which was fucked up... he did get hit.

unleashbaynes
07-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Why are people so stupid? You can tell them anything you want after they have secured the scene. You don't flail around like a fucking retard when three agitated cops have drawn down on you and are commanding you to put your hands up. If you do, you're asking to get shot. Legal or not, you're fucking stupid.

The person is clearly intoxicated. He raises his hands, lowers them, staggers forwards and backwards, takes his hat off, and does his shoulders in a posture that really indicates that he's not sure what is going on. The cops should have easily been able to recognize that.

"What if he was reaching for a gun?" isn't a good enough excuse here. He was never threatening. The article actually says that the police were called because of a stolen bike, and he was one of the people helping look for it. When you play the "what if" game anything could be justified as a threat. You're no longer using logic and reason to evaluate a situation but rather playing to extreme situations and likely escalating a situation where it isn't warranted.

If you see a drunk stumbling down the street and assess them as an immediate threat worthy of having a weapon drawn on them maybe you just shouldn't be a cop. Seems like the type of person that would be scared of their own shadow.

InRareForm
07-15-2015, 12:47 PM
scared cops. why are they doing this job if they are so scared and have a quick trigger

DarrinS
07-15-2015, 12:54 PM
scared cops. why are they doing this job if they are so scared and have a quick trigger

I guess that's easy to say when your job doesn't involve people trying to attack or kill you.

Trill Clinton
07-15-2015, 01:02 PM
Most cops suck at de escalating tactics.

Blake
07-15-2015, 01:13 PM

They didn't even attempt to close in on the "perps" and handcuff them.

I noticed a green little light on dude's shirt. Anyone know if that was a laser pointer of some kind?

TheSanityAnnex
07-15-2015, 01:44 PM
Terrible shoot.

spurraider21
07-15-2015, 04:58 PM
They didn't even attempt to close in on the "perps" and handcuff them.

I noticed a green little light on dude's shirt. Anyone know if that was a laser pointer of some kind?
probably a high power sniper rifle from the militarized police

Blake
07-15-2015, 05:05 PM
probably a high power sniper rifle from the militarized police

Yeah I can see how they needed the snipers to take down Schwinn bike thieves

Infinite_limit
07-15-2015, 05:07 PM
It was the reach in the Hat followed by arms being stretched out. I'm not standing 8 feet away from him and taking a bullet

DMC
07-15-2015, 06:10 PM
The reality of today isn't Andy Griffith because it's not Mayberry. Otis the town drunk is killing police, and Barney is scared shitless. Andy doesn't know people by their names these days, Opie was killed in a driveby shooting and Aunt Bee was raped and murdered by a gang of thugs. Floyd is a full blown faggot who has a reality show, and Gomer killed 4 people at the post office just last week when he snapped.

Seriously though, why people think cops are just guys in uniforms is beyond me. They have license to kill, and afterward the jury will take into account how dangerous their jobs are and how the perp should have obeyed. It sucks, but that's how it is. Maybe if people would raise their goddamn kids right this shit wouldn't need to be like prisoners and guards.

Reck
07-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Time to replace real bullets with rubber ones.

These dumbass cops cant help themselves.

ohmwrecker
07-15-2015, 09:13 PM
I guess that's easy to say when your job doesn't involve people trying to attack or kill you.

Sure, but theirs does.

Ginobilly
07-17-2015, 09:57 AM
:lmao reminds me of me when I'm playing call of duty and there's a hostage situation and i'm drunk, stoned outta my mind. I just shoot everybody in the game, ask questions later.

spurraider21
07-17-2015, 12:28 PM
:lmao reminds me of me when I'm playing call of duty and there's a hostage situation and i'm drunk, stoned outta my mind. I just shoot everybody in the game, ask questions later.
no russian