PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft has finalized Windows 10

ducks
07-16-2015, 01:38 PM
http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/15/8950481/microsoft-windows-10-rtm-date:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes: rolleyes:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
07-17-2015, 12:19 PM
If they have straightened how to support both touch and mouse interfaces without one shitting on the other, I'm in.

ducks
07-17-2015, 12:25 PM
yes that is a bigg problem

ElNono
07-17-2015, 03:03 PM
One of my Windows 7 boxes is already asking me to "pre-register" for a copy...

baseline bum
07-18-2015, 10:29 AM

Unless it comes with Daz Loader probably not worth it tbh.

ElNono
07-18-2015, 12:11 PM
Unless it comes with Daz Loader probably not worth it tbh.

lol

dunno what's gonna happen with those copies. Will it upgrade them to legit?

Strange Love
07-19-2015, 04:06 AM
Win10 looks like XP so its a win/win.

It's free and if you dont like it, uninstall it and roll back.

ducks
07-20-2015, 05:35 PM
Win10 looks like XP so its a win/win.

It's free and if you dont like it, uninstall it and roll back.

I would do a image backup of 7 before installing it if you do not like it
not sure you can just uninstall it it is made by bill the gates

DarrinS
07-28-2015, 12:17 PM
The fuck?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/28/9055065/windows-10-pre-download-windows-7-windows-8-pcs

Reck
07-28-2015, 10:07 PM
It says for people who already registered and agreed to the upgrade.

I think it's a time saver for them. At the same time, if this shit is buggy as hell, they're fucked.

NASpurs
07-28-2015, 10:32 PM
The fuck?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/28/9055065/windows-10-pre-download-windows-7-windows-8-pcs

Yeah I already have almost 6 GB downloaded to that hidden folder.

Anyway I'm going all in at midnight.

TDMVPDPOY
07-28-2015, 10:55 PM
so has anyone upgraded?

i havnt yet...might go out buy a few hdd running out of space for storage

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 06:47 AM
Fucking solitaire wants you to pay a subscription fee to not see ads? :lmao

Microsoft wants $1.49 a month to remove the ads it shows inside Solitaire on Windows 10 (http://www.businessinsider.com/solitaire-windows-10-pay-to-remove-ads-2015-7)
MATT WEINBERGER

Jul. 27, 2015, 4:06 PM 14,799 28

Windows 10 comes bundled with the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, gathering a bunch of variations on the eternally popular card game. But included withing the game are ads for other products and services — and if you want to remove the ads, Microsoft is charging $1.49 a month (or the bulk discount of $9.99 a year).

In the menu, users see an option to "Upgrade to Premium." Click it, and you get this display:
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/55b6862b2acae76e098b8fa1-1280-1000/microsoft%20solitaire%20collection%207_27_2015%201 2_24_07%20pm.png

For your $1.49 a month, you get a score boost in TriPeaks and Pyramid, and the chance to win a bunch of extra "coins," the in-game currency you win by completing challenges. You don't need it to play Solitaire, and the game itself plays more or less as it has since Windows 3.1 in the early nineties. But if you don't want to pay, get used to those ads.

As PCWorld notes, this isn't the first time Microsoft has charged for Solitaire, and Windows 8 had a similar paid plan for its version of the card game. The main difference is that Solitaire didn't come bundled with Windows 8, as it does with Windows 10.

This means that this is going to be front-and-center for a lot more users taking their free upgrade to Windows 10 this week.

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 06:58 AM
Fucking microtransactions in Windows, what a piece of shit. :lol

Gent
07-29-2015, 08:06 AM
And do people still play that on computers?

That stuff is so much easily accessible on your phone. Also, faster to get to.

hater
07-29-2015, 09:06 AM
:lol that solitaire shit gotta be a joke.

Good thing is with windows store there are probably better solitaires out there for free.

Microsoft is at the edge of the cliff. It'll be interesting if they can claw back or if they will finally fall to the prescipice.

DJR210
07-29-2015, 10:30 AM
Fuck Windows 10, I'm going to let the inevitable problems get sorted out before I switch.

NASpurs
07-29-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm on 10 right now and no problems whatsoever. Wait for you on the other side bitches. :tu

DJR210
07-29-2015, 10:35 AM
I'm on 10 right now and no problems whatsoever. Wait for you on the other side bitches. :tu

Yeah, but are you gaming? What apps are you running?

NASpurs
07-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Yeah, but are you gaming? What apps are you running?

:lol I'm guessing being a casual user has its advantages.

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Fuck Windows 10, I'm going to let the inevitable problems get sorted out before I switch.

This kind of shit makes me just want to buy one of those pirated keys on reddit when I upgrade my board.

DJR210
07-29-2015, 10:40 AM
This kind of shit makes me just want to buy one of those pirated keys on reddit when I upgrade my board.

I think you can upgrade at any point in the first year?

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 10:44 AM
I think you can upgrade at any point in the first year?

My Windows 7 is OEM, so I can't upgrade my motherboard and keep the key. Windows treats new motherboard = new computer. And I'm going to upgrade to an H97 board and use my current H81 board for a NAS box.

TDMVPDPOY
07-29-2015, 10:48 AM
My Windows 7 is OEM, so I can't upgrade my motherboard and keep the key. Windows treats new motherboard = new computer. And I'm going to upgrade to an H97 board and use my current H81 board for a NAS box.

get identical mobo...isnt that the way around oem windows

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 10:55 AM
get identical mobo...isnt that the way around oem windows

I don't want an identical board, I want to upgrade to H97 so I can use an M.2 SSD as my system drive and also to get PCIE-3.0. It would be nice to have a clean build with absolutely no SATA cables thanks to all the storage drives being on the NAS.

DarrinS
07-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Haven't seen anything downloading yet. I guess they are rolling this out in waves.

TDMVPDPOY
07-29-2015, 11:12 AM
i already dl, but havnt bother installin it...

NASpurs
07-29-2015, 11:13 AM
Haven't seen anything downloading yet. I guess they are rolling this out in waves.

You checked the hidden folders in your C: drive? I didn't get a confirmation to upgrade but I did have the files ready to go in that hidden folder (C:\$windows.~BT). I just ran this tool (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10) and the thing took off installing itself. I didn't even have to create a DVD or USB boot disk which I assumed was the purpose of this tool.

Wild Cobra
07-29-2015, 11:47 AM

Both my Win 7 tower and Win 8.1 laptops has been pestering me.

I hate this 8.1 so much, after I finish here, I'm d/l-ing Win-X.

DarrinS
07-29-2015, 12:08 PM
You checked the hidden folders in your C: drive? I didn't get a confirmation to upgrade but I did have the files ready to go in that hidden folder (C:\$windows.~BT). I just ran this tool (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10) and the thing took off installing itself. I didn't even have to create a DVD or USB boot disk which I assumed was the purpose of this tool.

Thanks

ducks
07-30-2015, 10:09 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/download-install-windows-10-now-123001070.html;_ylt=A0SO8xOMPbpVcgYAxORXNyoA;_ylu= X3oDMTByNWU4cGh1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYw NzYw-- tells you how
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 how to download it did it worked

TDMVPDPOY
07-30-2015, 08:03 PM
any reviews from u clowns so far?

vander
07-30-2015, 08:42 PM
so now I still have 2 leftover recovery partitions (450mb and 700mb from win 8.0 and win 8.1) on a small 32 gig tablet, is it safe to delete those? and what is the best way?

Blizzardwizard
07-30-2015, 10:03 PM
So when do I get this Windows 10? I ordered it but haven't gotten anything. This the same with any of you?

NASpurs
07-30-2015, 11:08 PM
So when do I get this Windows 10? I ordered it but haven't gotten anything. This the same with any of you?

Check my post 28 in this thread and check if you have that hidden folder with about 5.8 GB of downloaded files. You can force update your computer using that tool I linked in the post without needing confirmation from Microsoft.

ElNono
08-02-2015, 03:41 AM
"Finalized" is a strong word... just had to fix one of our apps that broke in Windows 10...

First, the installation, I'm glad I picked "Custom" for the settings on the installer. Holy shit, the "Express" (recommended) settings are basically every phone home/spy option turned on.

Then, I look why part of our app wasn't working, and it turns out it's because Microsoft finally implemented Bonjour/ZeroConf themselves. I'm thinking, good shit, I can just use their shit and I'm good to go.

I look up their API to use what they implemented and find this:

Note
In this release, the Windows.Networking.ServiceDiscovery.Dnssd namespace is only supported for JavaScript programmers. Attempting to use the API from other languages will compile, but fail at run time. This issue will be corrected in a future release.

Well, shit, my app is written in C#, there's no way in hell I'm going to re-write the whole thing in Javascript. So I go ahead and use the API anyways, and holy crap no wonder they don't want you to use it. It kinda, sorta wants to work. It's just buggy as hell (you can register services, but cannot deregister them when the app quits, which is a big fucking issue). Sometimes the API won't work at all, and you have to call a function 3-4 times, and suddenly it kicks in.

I can't use my older code, which did the same thing but actually worked perfectly fine, because they're blocking the port with this giant turd.

I can't understand how this fucks get away with releasing this kind of shit. If we put out a product like this out the door, we would lose customers left and right. It's just ridiculous.

/rant

baseline bum
08-02-2015, 08:13 AM
First, the installation, I'm glad I picked "Custom" for the settings on the installer. Holy shit, the "Express" (recommended) settings are basically every phone home/spy option turned on.

Do you need Pro to be able to turn that shit off on install?

I can't understand how this fucks get away with releasing this kind of shit. If we put out a product like this out the door, we would lose customers left and right. It's just ridiculous.

Who the fuck cares? You get Candy Crush now.

hater
08-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Why are ppl still surprised a brand new windows OS is not fully functional at release????

Were they burn yesterday?

Ppl expecting a fully functioning windows at release time probably still wait for Santa on Christmas's eve imo

DarrinS
08-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Why are ppl still surprised a brand new windows OS is not fully functional at release????

Were they burn yesterday?

Ppl expecting a fully functioning windows at release time probably still wait for Santa on Christmas's eve imo

So, basically, it's like every other OS ever released.

hater
08-02-2015, 11:15 AM
And lol at some software guys moving their dev to windows 10 immediately. :lol

Recipe for disaster.

I'll move my dev team in no less than 6 months

ElNono
08-02-2015, 12:08 PM
:lol it's not *us* moving to Windows 10, it's customers upgrading and finding out Windows 10 broke certain programs, then writing to let us know. They paid for the program, they expect a fix.

We still release a Windows 8.1 version and a Windows 8 version too.

ElNono
08-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Do you need Pro to be able to turn that shit off on install?

I've no idea. I was upgrading from a Windows 8.1 ultimate license.

ElNono
08-02-2015, 12:13 PM
:lol I turned off Cortana, now I hit the search bar and it's full of "what's happening now" web content from msn.com...

I'm sticking with Wndows 7 and Windows 8 on our other boxes, tbh...

Wild Cobra
08-02-2015, 12:15 PM
"Finalized" is a strong word... just had to fix one of our apps that broke in Windows 10...

Then, I look why part of our app wasn't working, and it turns out it's because Microsoft finally implemented Bonjour/ZeroConf themselves. I'm thinking, good shit, I can just use their shit and I'm good to go.

I look up their API to use what they implemented and find this:

Well, shit, my app is written in C#, there's no way in hell I'm going to re-write the whole thing in Javascript. So I go ahead and use the API anyways, and holy crap no wonder they don't want you to use it. It kinda, sorta wants to work. It's just buggy as hell (you can register services, but cannot deregister them when the app quits, which is a big fucking issue). Sometimes the API won't work at all, and you have to call a function 3-4 times, and suddenly it kicks in.

I can't use my older code, which did the same thing but actually worked perfectly fine, because they're blocking the port with this giant turd.

/rant

LOL...

By all means, rant some more. I hate Microsoft for the way they have a stranglehold on software, and put out bad products because there is no one else to turn to.

baseline bum
08-02-2015, 12:17 PM
I've no idea. I was upgrading from a Windows 8.1 ultimate license.

So $190 Pro or KMSpico? Hmmm....

Wild Cobra
08-02-2015, 12:24 PM
:lol I turned off Cortana, now I hit the search bar and it's full of "what's happening now" web content from msn.com...

I recently bought a win 8.1 laptop and I hate the OS. Since it isn't for serious work, it didn't matter. It's a MSI gaming laptop with the GTX950M. I still have my win XP desktop and win 7 tower. I only bought the 8.1 because I knew the win 10 was coming out, and decided to take a gamble that is was as good as advertised. I have a coworker who has be using win 10 as a beta tester and he likes it.

Anyway, he said it was available the 29th I think. Well, when went to d/l it, Microsoft said no till 8/1/15. It's 8/2/15, and I still can't get it. I guess I am on some waiting list, probably due to the volume of request they have. They say I will be notified when I can have it.

DarrinS
08-02-2015, 12:28 PM

I upgraded a notebook from 8.1 to 10, which I think is an upgrade over that OS.

My Windows 7 PC, I'm leaving as is. 7 is pretty solid, IMO.

ElNono
08-02-2015, 12:31 PM
So $190 Pro or KMSpico? Hmmm....

We get our (limited amount of) licenses from MSDN. Wouldn't upgrading your current OS (7 or 8.1) to a Pro/Ultimate license be cheaper?

ElNono
08-02-2015, 12:34 PM
I upgraded a notebook from 8.1 to 10, which I think is an upgrade over that OS.

My Windows 7 PC, I'm leaving as is. 7 is pretty solid, IMO.

There's some positives, like being able to turn off tablet mode and actually have a reasonable start menu. But it's not really much different from Windows 8.1...

ElNono
08-02-2015, 12:39 PM
I recently bought a win 8.1 laptop and I hate the OS. Since it isn't for serious work, it didn't matter. It's a MSI gaming laptop with the GTX950M. I still have my win XP desktop and win 7 tower. I only bought the 8.1 because I knew the win 10 was coming out, and decided to take a gamble that is was as good as advertised. I have a coworker who has be using win 10 as a beta tester and he likes it.

Anyway, he said it was available the 29th I think. Well, when went to d/l it, Microsoft said no till 8/1/15. It's 8/2/15, and I still can't get it. I guess I am on some waiting list, probably due to the volume of request they have. They say I will be notified when I can have it.

You can upgrade to Windows 10 immediately by running the Media Creation Tool. Here are the instructions:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/31/how-to-skip-the-wait-for-your-windows-10-update

or

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

That's how I upgraded ours...

hater
08-02-2015, 04:15 PM
:lmao if your customers are stupid enough to think all their apps will work flawlessly with Windows 10 which came out days ago, then you don't need such retarded customers tbh :lmao

dumb shits :lol

jeez ppl never learn

lefty
08-02-2015, 10:33 PM
No problem here

:lol still on Windows 7

Wild Cobra
08-02-2015, 11:28 PM
You can upgrade to Windows 10 immediately by running the Media Creation Tool. Here are the instructions:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/31/how-to-skip-the-wait-for-your-windows-10-update

or

I finished side-grading my laptop about 10 minutes ago. So far, I didn't do to the features that really pissed me off about 8.1.

Just the same, thanx.

ElNono
08-03-2015, 01:09 AM
I finished side-grading my laptop about 10 minutes ago. So far, I didn't do to the features that really pissed me off about 8.1.

Just the same, thanx.

Once you feel it's all good, make sure to run a disk cleanup, and tell it to delete your previous version of windows. It's still sitting there in a Windows.old directory in C:\, and takes up a bunch of gigs...

ElNono
08-03-2015, 01:21 AM
:lmao if your customers are stupid enough to think all their apps will work flawlessly with Windows 10 which came out days ago, then you don't need such retarded customers tbh :lmao

dumb shits :lol

jeez ppl never learn

:lol of course they know some things will break, but who the fuck are they going to call to ask for a fix if not the vendor?

And we do look into this stuff for apps that makes us good money. That's integral to making a solid product and a solid company.

baseline bum
08-03-2015, 07:24 AM
No problem here

:lol still on Windows 7

Yeah, I'm not downgrading to 10 until we start seeing DirectX 12 games.

hater
08-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Yup same here. On windows 7 and 8.1

This is Microsoft we are talking about. No reason to upgrade unless needed.

hater
08-03-2015, 08:26 AM
also what ppl don't seem to understand is you can't compare an Apple or even Android OS upgrade to a Windows. usually windows upgrades from 3.1 to 95 to 98 to XP,etc were huge major upgrades that rewrote entire core capabilities. This is not even getting into the more complex (NT) version of windows NT, 2000, Server, etc.

Apple/Google upgrades are cake compared to windows OS upgrades. They are mostly comparable to Windows Service Packs. Of course Apple and Android use the "new OS" bullshit as a marketing ploy. that's all.

Now in the last few years with Windows 7, Microsoft is adopting the similar marketing bullshit scheme as Apple and Android. But make no mistake about it, its still major rewrites so far.

and again that's not even getting to the uber complex Windows Server versions....

DJR210
08-04-2015, 06:39 AM

or

Thanks for this :tu

So far I haven't had any issues with any of my apps or drivers.. I like the look of the OS so far, but haven't really had time to fuck around w/ the new features. The SJW's probably wouldn't be happy I made Cortana call me Master IMO

vander
08-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Thanks for this :tu

So far I haven't had any issues with any of my apps or drivers.. I like the look of the OS so far, but haven't really had time to fuck around w/ the new features. The SJW's probably wouldn't be happy I made Cortana call me Master IMO

you're using cortana? don't you have to give Microsoft access to almost all of your personal data for that?

hater
08-04-2015, 05:29 PM
you're using cortana? don't you have to give Microsoft access to almost all of your personal data for that?

Nope. That's bullshit

ElNono
08-04-2015, 06:56 PM

It's on or off... if it's on:

- When I use Cortana, what information is collected and where is it saved?

When you use Cortana, Microsoft collects and uses information including your device location information and location history, contacts (People), voice input, searching history, calendar details, content and communication history from messages and apps, and other information on your device. In Microsoft Edge, Cortana collects and uses your browsing history.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-privacy-faq

DJR210
08-04-2015, 07:46 PM

Yeah, it's up and running, but I don't really see the need to use it much.. Internet searches and launching the occasional app maybe .. If you select to configure the options at install you can turn off several options that confirm data will be shared..

baseline bum
08-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Yeah, it's up and running, but I don't really see the need to use it much.. Internet searches and launching the occasional app maybe .. If you select to configure the options at install you can turn off several options that confirm data will be shared..

LOL Windows 10 is going to have updates to disable pirated games.

Wild Cobra
08-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Well, so far, I hate win X.

Why couldn't Microshit just improve XP?

baseline bum
08-05-2015, 12:35 PM

Seems like this is the model they're going to, just improving Windows 10 from now on. But I don't see the point in being an early adopter for anything. I'm not moving from 7 to 10 until DirectX12 games start coming out, so I probably won't touch it for at least a year.

hater
08-05-2015, 12:49 PM

Isn't it just a rebranded windows 8.1? What's the problem. 8.1 is fine with me

hater
08-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Agree no reason to upgrade to 10 for at least 6 months. Don't get why idiots are rushing to upgrade lol

DJR210
08-05-2015, 06:06 PM
LOL Windows 10 is going to have updates to disable pirated games.

*rollsback*

Wild Cobra
08-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Isn't it just a rebranded windows 8.1? What's the problem. 8.1 is fine with me

Wow.

You like 8.1?

Wow...

Wild Cobra
08-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Agree no reason to upgrade to 10 for at least 6 months. Don't get why idiots are rushing to upgrade lol

Well, with two XP computers still doing fine for the most part, and one windows 7....

I have no intention of putting that piece of shit 10 over windows 7, and the other two are too old for it.

AntiChrist
08-05-2015, 08:04 PM
After a few days messing with it, it's just meh

DJR210
08-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Wow.

You like 8.1?

Wow...

What's so bad about 8.1? It's an OS, it operates your system.

hater
08-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Wow.

You like 8.1?

Wow...

Don't love it but gotten used to it tbh..it works.

What I hate is that the task manager doesn't come up as fast like in Win 7.

I was very happy MSFT made that change for Win 7. It seemed the task manager ran in a higher priority memory space

But in 8.1 its back to being slow and sometimes doesn't come up. WTF???

ducks
08-06-2015, 10:13 AM
trying to go back to previous verion on a computer loaded 10 did not boot up all the way video card problem with driver
fix was to take it back to 8.1 then install 10 again they put the fix in
has ran 15 hours and counting

ducks
08-07-2015, 02:25 PM
turned it off turned it on worked updated the video drive worked

Wild Cobra
08-08-2015, 11:50 AM
What's so bad about 8.1? It's an OS, it operates your system.

I guess if you like tablet operating systems on power computers.

Just not my thing.

DJR210
08-08-2015, 01:41 PM
I guess if you like tablet operating systems on power computers.

Just not my thing.

No, that's why I use desktop mode. That knock on Windows 8 doesn't apply post 8.1 IMO. As a long time user of 7, I don't understand the hate on 8.1.

baseline bum
08-08-2015, 02:29 PM
No, that's why I use desktop mode. That knock on Windows 8 doesn't apply post 8.1 IMO. As a long time user of 7, I don't understand the hate on 8.1.

Is there any advantage for 8.1 over 7? All the gaming benchmarks I see are within margin of error between 7 and 8.1.

vander
08-08-2015, 05:47 PM
I have a W8 pro with Media Center box that I don't plan to upgrade to non-Media Center W10 ever. I never clicked the W10 upgrade icon in the trey, yet windows update showed a few failed "upgrade to Windows 10 Pro"s
so I uninstalled the KB3035583, but forgot to "hide" it
next day: more failed W10 upgrades, icon is back, click on it, it says "your upgrade is reserved" WTF!!!!
uninstall and hide KB3035583, icon gone
still getting failed 'upgrade to W10' in update history...

DJR210
08-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Is there any advantage for 8.1 over 7? All the gaming benchmarks I see are within margin of error between 7 and 8.1.

No, not really. Nothing I can think of off top at least. But a ton of people think it's cool to say it sucks, but you ask them why they think that and they can't give you a reason that makes sense :lol

ElNono
08-08-2015, 09:12 PM

Only if you run it on a tablet. On a desktop, I feel the experience is actually shittier. Microsoft probably does too, tbh... that's why Windows 10 introduced a switch between Desktop and Tablet mode, which is something that made absolute sense for 8, but didn't have it.

Wild Cobra
08-09-2015, 05:37 PM

Pretty large difference with the functions I use.

I prefer XP, 7 is pretty good. 8, 8.1, X.... all three really suck.

Wild Cobra
08-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Only if you run it on a tablet. On a desktop, I feel the experience is actually shittier. Microsoft probably does too, tbh... that's why Windows 10 introduced a switch between Desktop and Tablet mode, which is something that made absolute sense for 8, but didn't have it.

What in hell were they thinking to release 8 that way?

Did everyone at Microsoft take dumb pills?

hater
08-09-2015, 06:24 PM

they paniked at the sight of Google and Apple tbh. and at the sight of all the kids not even knowing how to use a mouse anymore.

most kids these days are brought up mouse-keyboard-less. times are a changing

ElNono
08-09-2015, 07:25 PM

You have to remember Johnny-come-late Ballmer was running the company then. I agree with hater, they saw the iPad taking off and didn't know what the fuck to do.

baseline bum
08-09-2015, 07:51 PM
You have to remember Johnny-come-late Ballmer was running the company then. I agree with hater, they saw the iPad taking off and didn't know what the fuck to do.

:lol

So Ballmer decided to make their flagship product shitty in response. Oh well, still a better UI than Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 at least.

ElNono
08-09-2015, 08:01 PM
:lol

So Ballmer decided to make their flagship product shitty in response. Oh well, still a better UI than Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 at least.

Because all he ever gave a shit about was the stock price. So when everybody was buying up iPads and Android tablets, and analysts started wondering if Microsoft was being left in the dust, he had to rush some tablet-gimmick out the door to rescue the stock.

Everybody will tell you Windows 10 is what Windows 8 should've been. And if you're a desktop user, the re-introduction of a desktop mode doesn't change anything for you compared to Windows 7.

baseline bum
08-12-2015, 09:09 PM
So Windows 10 has a built in keylogger? :lol

http://localghost.org/posts/a-traffic-analysis-of-windows-10

baseline bum
08-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Hopefully when the time comes I can upgrade from 7 to SteamOS + Vulkan.

resistanze
08-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Fucking anniversary update. Had to uninstall Symantec AV before upgrade, and it broke Chrome and Kodi afterwards. Also can't set a default internet browser now. Piece of shit.

ElNono
08-03-2016, 10:34 PM
I heard terrible things about it, but at least there's some workarounds. Here's how to disable Cortana with this update:

http://www.howtogeek.com/265027/how-to-disable-cortana-in-windows-10/

ElNono
08-04-2016, 01:10 AM
Some Users Say Windows 10 Anniversary Update Borked Their Partitions

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/08/windows-10-anniversary-update-delete-partition

baseline bum
08-04-2016, 06:59 AM
Fucking Windows 10, what a piece of shit like every other thing that comes out of Redmond. Fucking hell I want Vulkan to take off so I can never have to use Windows on my home PC again.

koriwhat
08-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Fucking Windows 10, what a piece of shit like every other thing that comes out of Redmond. Fucking hell I want Vulkan to take off so I can never have to use Windows on my home PC again.

Vulkan?

koriwhat
08-05-2016, 02:44 PM

Vulkan?

baseline bum
08-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Vulkan?

It's a cross-platform API that would allow me to play games on Linux instead. Games are the only reason I use shitty Windows on my PC.

koriwhat
08-05-2016, 04:41 PM
It's a cross-platform API that would allow me to play games on Linux instead. Games are the only reason I use shitty Windows on my PC.

so sort of like steam but more like wine?

baseline bum
08-05-2016, 06:14 PM
so sort of like steam but more like wine?

It's more like a lightweight alternative for DirectX or OpenGL. Though OpenGL is awesome too since games written with it usually have ports to Linux. I'm surprised though to see Doom 2016 isn't on Linux yet considering it has OpenGL and Vulkan support. I'm guessing it should get there though within the next few months. The one thing going for Vulkan is Valve should be pushing it hard since it's the only thing that can make their SteamOS a success (SteamOS is just Linux with a nice frontend to make it look like a console OS).

baseline bum
08-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Doom 2016 has had some enormous improvements in its performance on AMD cards with Vulkan. Come to think of it, AMD is going to be pushing Vulkan hard too. It helps cover up how bad their drivers are for DirectX11 and OpenGL (though they're very good for DirectX12). And since AMD hardware runs the XBox One and PS4 as well as the upcoming XBox Scorpio, PS4k, and PS VR they might be able to get developers on board. It would be a real kick in the nuts to both Nvidia and Microsoft to see Vulkan get big.

koriwhat
08-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Doom 2016 has had some enormous improvements in its performance on AMD cards with Vulkan. Come to think of it, AMD is going to be pushing Vulkan hard too. It helps cover up how bad their drivers are for DirectX11 and OpenGL (though they're very good for DirectX12). And since AMD hardware runs the XBox One and PS4 as well as the upcoming XBox Scorpio, PS4k, and PS VR they might be able to get developers on board. It would be a real kick in the nuts to both Nvidia and Microsoft to see Vulkan get big.

interesting and thanks for the reply.

lefty
08-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Still on Windows 7