PDA

View Full Version : Raptors: Looking to fleece the Bulls

ambchang
07-17-2015, 06:43 AM
Ross for Gibson? Masai is the man if he can pull it off.

http://www.raptorscage.ca/lowe-raptors-make-look-to-acquire-taj-gibson/

Splits
07-17-2015, 08:15 AM
:lol Terrence Ross is an awful basketball player

Killakobe81
07-17-2015, 09:10 AM
I love Taj's ferocity but he is on decline and suffering through quite a bit of worrisome injuries lately. I think ross sucks but with the bigs the Bulls have i can see why they would want to gamble on another young wing. But I would think they could do better ...

ambchang
07-17-2015, 09:42 AM
I love Taj's ferocity but he is on decline and suffering through quite a bit of worrisome injuries lately. I think ross sucks but with the bigs the Bulls have i can see why they would want to gamble on another young wing. But I would think they could do better ...

I am not sure if decline is the right term, he put up better stats the year prior, but his impact is not with stats. He crashes the boards, set screens, put backs, defend, and is basically one of those classic garbage man, and reminds me a lot of AC Green and the classic bruisers in the 80s. His offensive game was offensive (pun intended), and doesn't have much to offer, he would kill any spacing on offense, but he is always a threat for an offensive rebound so it somehow off sets it. He runs the floor well but is not a particularly good finisher.

The Raptors are doing well this offseason.

Scola is a wily vet in the low blocks that can help the Raptors on offense.
Carroll can be a good wing defender and a much better player than Ross.
Cory Joseph is most definitive an upgrade over Vasquez (I am serious, Joseph is steady, plays good defense. Vasquez put up empty stats)
Lou Williams is an inefficient chucker that they already have in DeRozan. Losing him is actually a positive
Amir Johnson's loss is a blow, as I love his intangibles, but if they can get Taj, it's an upgrade defensively, but downgrade offensively.

Killakobe81
07-17-2015, 09:48 AM
I am not sure if decline is the right term, he put up better stats the year prior, but his impact is not with stats. He crashes the boards, set screens, put backs, defend, and is basically one of those classic garbage man, and reminds me a lot of AC Green and the classic bruisers in the 80s. His offensive game was offensive (pun intended), and doesn't have much to offer, he would kill any spacing on offense, but he is always a threat for an offensive rebound so it somehow off sets it. He runs the floor well but is not a particularly good finisher.

Cory Joseph is most definitive an upgrade over Vasquez (I am serious, Joseph is steady, plays good defense. Vasquez put up empty stats)
Lou Williams is an inefficient chucker that they already have in DeRozan. Losing him is actually a positive
Amir Johnson's loss is a blow, as I love his intangibles, but if they can get Taj, it's an upgrade defensively, but downgrade offensively.

That is what I mean when i said ferocity. Out of role players his dunk on Wade a few years back may be my favorite non Laker play of the past 5 years. The ferocity of that dunk the yell after I love shit like that. I know dummies here bitch about "monkey ball" but sometimes a dunk like that changes things, momentum, the physicality of a series. I get your stats argument he is still effective but without dunks like that he loses some value in my opinion he is kind of the defensive version of David West and he was agreat pickup for you guys ...

UNT Eagles 2016
07-17-2015, 01:33 PM

Carroll is worse than Danny Green. And paid more.

ambchang
07-17-2015, 01:38 PM
Carroll is worse than Danny Green. And paid more.

But he is better than Ross though, which is all that matters to Toronto.

Infinite_limit
07-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Basically a salary dump. Bulls drafted Gibson's replacement