PDA

View Full Version : Simmons or Anderson - Who is better?

tholdren
07-17-2015, 02:29 PM
If SA had to pick one, which and why?

Aztecfan03
07-17-2015, 02:37 PM
mix them to get one of the Sanderson witches from Hocus Pocus. They can fly.

steeledl
07-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Simmons.we need another guy who can create offense by penetrating and either finishing at the basket or collapsing the defense and kicking the ball out.

With the bigs we have, they can all shoot from outside, he can be a huge asset with the spacing they will create. He also seems to have a toughness to him that will serve the team well. It is definately early but I think he has thre skill set to make an impact this year.

SnakeBoy
07-17-2015, 02:41 PM
If the Spurs had to pick one I think they would go with KA, younger with higher potential...but they don't have to pick.

Cry Havoc
07-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Anderson.

We have at the moment NO one who's capable of playing the 3 other than Opa. Always fill roster holes. Plus, we don't know how Simmons game will transfer to the League.

steeledl
07-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Plus, we don't know how Simmons game will transfer to the League.

True.... But we do know how andersons game translated to the league and it was historically bad.

Cry Havoc
07-17-2015, 02:51 PM
True.... But we do know how andersons game translated to the league and it was historically bad.

Historically bad? Really? That's a bit of a stretch. If he was historically bad the Spurs wouldn't have brought him back. He didn't play that many minutes, because honestly, how many rookies are going to see serious time on a championship contender?

steeledl
07-17-2015, 02:55 PM
Historically bad? Really? That's a bit of a stretch. If he was historically bad the Spurs wouldn't have brought him back. He didn't play that many minutes, because honestly, how many rookies are going to see serious time on a championship contender?

He looked lost out there and outmatched. While you don't expect all rookies to light the league on fire, he was pretty abysmal by any standard. Obviously he has room to improve but no way he is going from what he was last year to a good option as a rotation player in one years time.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-17-2015, 02:55 PM
Anderson. Seen him play against legit NBA talent and has even flashed some real talent when he was given the chance. Not to mention he is 4 years younger.

RayTdropout
07-17-2015, 03:01 PM
Matt bonner

Mr. Body
07-17-2015, 03:04 PM
Because I'm bored:

Simmons fills a short term need.

Anderson I think has a higher ceiling.

MaNu4Tres
07-17-2015, 03:05 PM
What do you mean by better?

Both are different players who have different strengths and weaknesses.

You can't quantify better by strictly scoring or points. It's all about who fits the needs of the team better.

But for right now, it's hard to say.

I think Simmons defends the PnR better and he has the ability/potential to guard three positions well -- therefore I give Simmons the nod if you're looking for more perimeter defense.

Also think Simmons works the PnR better offensively and is a better spot up shooter -- which will be valuable when Manu has the keys and valuable when Manu needs to take a play off.

On the other hand, Kyle's strengths come in isolations from the high post/ mid range area-- where he can dominate his defender with his length offensively.

He's also a good rebounder for his size thanks to his length -- which should help the second unit's ability to close up defensive possessions.

However, unlike Simmons, Anderson's not a great PnR guy and he's a below average spot up shooter.

All I know is I'm happy Spurs have this competition going into training camp. Simmons has been a pleasant surprise and I'm sure whoever does earn the minutes will be productive in limited minutes.

Cry Havoc
07-17-2015, 03:07 PM
He looked lost out there and outmatched. While you don't expect all rookies to light the league on fire, he was pretty abysmal by any standard. Obviously he has room to improve but no way he is going from what he was last year to a good option as a rotation player in one years time.

The thing is, he only needs to be decent for 10-15 minutes a game. I think he can accomplish that. 10 minutes per isn't something I'd call a rotation player as his minutes can easily be gobbled once the playoff begins.

I think you seriously underestimate the strides players can make after their rookie season. This dude is barely old enough to drink.

Chinook
07-17-2015, 03:10 PM
Anderson.

We have at the moment NO one who's capable of playing the 3 other than Opa.

What?

Poolboy5623
07-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Neither one.

SnakeBoy
07-17-2015, 03:14 PM
He looked lost out there and outmatched.

20 year old rookie didn't instantly understand the Spurs offensive and defensive schemes...oh noes he's never going to make it in the NBA.

Mikeanaro
07-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Anderson, he is younger and we already have lots of scorers.

steeledl
07-17-2015, 03:17 PM
The thing is, he only needs to be decent for 10-15 minutes a game. I think he can accomplish that. 10 minutes per isn't something I'd call a rotation player as his minutes can easily be gobbled once the playoff begins.

I think you seriously underestimate the strides players can make after their rookie season. This dude is barely old enough to drink.

Tbh, I doubt anderson has the skill set to be a good player in the league. I think the things he is able to be successful at on offense against less talented/skilled/athletic players in summer league and d league won't work in the NBA . He needs to become a knock down shooter to have a impact and he isn't close to that yet.

On defense, I think he will be a huge liability trying to guard the PnR. As much as I dislike his game, I hope I am wrong and that he turns into a player for the sake of the team but I don't see it at all .

SAGirl
07-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Have to go with KA. I like them both and they are different players, but KA ceiling is higher, he's younger, has improved and still room to grow, could also potentially slide to play both forward positions as a stretch 4 w/ ball handling and playmaking. He's very versatile. He will end up being the better player imo. You can easily find the Simmons of the league around, but KA is pretty unique.

steeledl
07-17-2015, 03:19 PM
20 year old rookie didn't instantly understand the Spurs offensive and defensive schemes...oh noes he's never going to make it in the NBA.

yep, that was the only problem :rolleyes

tholdren
07-17-2015, 03:20 PM
Because I love your threads and Bruce Jenner:

Simmons fills a short term need.

Anderson I think has a higher ceiling.

Cry Havoc
07-17-2015, 03:36 PM
What?

Kawhi?

Cry Havoc
07-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Tbh, I doubt anderson has the skill set to be a good player in the league. I think the things he is able to be successful at on offense against less talented/skilled/athletic players in summer league and d league won't work in the NBA . He needs to become a knock down shooter to have a impact and he isn't close to that yet.

On defense, I think he will be a huge liability trying to guard the PnR. As much as I dislike his game, I hope I am wrong and that he turns into a player for the sake of the team but I don't see it at all .

A "good" player would imply he's better than average. If this were the case there would be no way to keep him as someone would grab him for a starter. I would be happy if he settles in as an average player. It would be more than adequate for someone like that to play 10-15 for us behind the best young SF in the league.

Mr. Body
07-17-2015, 03:38 PM
:jack

Silver&Black
07-17-2015, 03:40 PM
I'd rather have Rasho Nesterovic

Mnky
07-17-2015, 03:42 PM
You can't quantify better by strictly scoring or points.

That's actually the only way to quantify. With numbers. :lol

Chinook
07-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Kawhi?

Not that. How do you figure Leonard (and Anderson) is the only guy who can play the three?

Cry Havoc
07-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Not that. How do you figure Leonard (and Anderson) is the only guy who can play the three?

Reliably? Who else do you see? Manu? I wouldn't want to put his 40 year old legs up against SFs in the West playoffs. Just asking for him to be worn down to a nub again.

Chinook
07-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Reliably? Who else do you see? Manu? I wouldn't want to put his 40 year old legs up against SFs in the West playoffs. Just asking for him to be worn down to a nub again.

We're talking backup SFs here. Who has a bench three that's going to give Manu trouble? And of those threes, who can Anderson guard that Simmons can't?

MaNu4Tres
07-17-2015, 04:08 PM
And of those threes, who can Anderson guard that Simmons can't?

I think the value w/ Simmons could be that he could guard the best perimeter player off the opposing bench -- whether its a PG, SG, SF. Which in turn, could relieve Manu/Mills from having a mismatch. With Anderson your perimeter defense is left vulnerable to a degree.

SpursFan86
07-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Green can also play SF when Kawhi goes to the bench.

Chinook
07-17-2015, 04:20 PM
I think the value w/ Simmons could be that he could guard the best perimeter player off the opposing bench -- whether its a PG, SG, SF. Which in turn, could relieve Manu/Mills from having a mismatch. With Anderson your perimeter defense is left vulnerable to a degree.

Yeah, I think Simmons can check Brewer, Barnes and Stephenson, in so far as Leonard and Green don't. No one has a Lebron coming off their bench, or even a Rudy Gay. If we're talking defense, I'd prefer Simmons until Anderson shows he can defender wings at the NBA level.

SAGirl
07-17-2015, 04:25 PM
We're talking backup SFs here. Who has a bench three that's going to give Manu trouble? And of those threes, who can Anderson guard that Simmons can't? several playoff teams have upgraded their bench. Clippers w/ Paul Pierce and Lance Stephenson figure to be problematic. I'd say Simmons could possibly handle most bench assignments. If rebounding is an issue I'd give the nudge to Anderson. I also think KA is the better help defender and can contest shots a lot better with his length. If you are having to contain someone like Austin Rivers though, Simmons is your man. We will see how it plays out.

b23
07-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Season can't start soon enough.

MaNu4Tres
07-17-2015, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I think Simmons can check Brewer, Barnes and Stephenson, in so far as Leonard and Green don't. No one has a Lebron coming off their bench, or even a Rudy Gay. If we're talking defense, I'd prefer Simmons until Anderson shows he can defender wings at the NBA level.

Regardless, I think in competitive games Green and Leonard will play over 34-35 mpg each and Pop will probably stagger their minutes so that one of them is always on the floor. In these games, Manu wil probably be playing the remaining minutes.

Think the only times Kyle or Simmons gets playing time is if there's an injury, if there's foul trouble, if the game is noncompetitive or if Pop sits Green ,Leonard or Manu in a back 2 back situation.

ironman2886
07-17-2015, 04:28 PM
On the fence. I'd have to flip a coin.

ElNono
07-17-2015, 04:35 PM
Pop likes defined roles. I expect Kyle to be the designated Kawhi backup when the season starts and it will be up to him to keep that role. As far as Simmons, there's many scenarios where he'll get minutes in the back court. Tony and Manu will likely be on a minute limit, besides rest here or there. Patty probably will need some rest for that shoulder here or there too. Manu will also likely see some of his limited minutes with the starters. That opens up some minutes for Simmons at the two. When Tony/Manu/Patty are available, they will be small, but otherwise, he'll have ample time to show what he has.

ElNono
07-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Regardless, I think in competitive games Green and Leonard will play over 34-35 mpg each and Pop will probably stagger their minutes so that one of them is always on the floor. In these games, Manu wil probably be playing the remaining minutes.

Think the only times Kyle or Simmons gets playing time is if there's an injury, if there's foul trouble, if the game is noncompetitive or if Pop sits Green ,Leonard or Manu in a back 2 back situation.

I don't disagree entirely with this premise, but I don't think that will apply during the regular season. At least not until March or so...

ceperez
07-17-2015, 04:39 PM
Pop likes defined roles. I expect Kyle to be the designated Kawhi backup when the season starts and it will be up to him to keep that role. As far as Simmons, there's many scenarios where he'll get minutes in the back court. Tony and Manu will likely be on a minute limit, besides rest here or there. Patty probably will need some rest for that shoulder here or there too. Manu will also likely see some of his limited minutes with the starters. That opens up some minutes for Simmons at the two. When Tony/Manu/Patty are available, they will be small, but otherwise, he'll have ample time to show what he has.

The only chance Simmons is able to stay in the floor is if he plays great defense and passes the ball well in offense. If the intends to dribble and dunk the ball, Pop will throw him out of the arena.

SAGirl
07-17-2015, 04:39 PM
ILL put it to you this other way, there is no way I can see Simmons giving KA any sort of trouble in a scrimmage. Dude is too crafty, sneaky, and tall for a defender like Simmons to handle him. Heck, we saw he did whatever the heck he wanted against Hollis Jefferson. On the other end, I could see KA giving a Simmons trouble, grabbing rebounds, knocking balls out w his length from Simmons notoriously iffy handle, etc. Both guys will be situational, but there is no doubt in my mind, KA is the better player in the long run. But, Simmons being the better athlete can possibly handle your Austin Rivers, Norris Cole types out there.

ElNono
07-17-2015, 04:44 PM
The only chance Simmons is able to stay in the floor is if he plays great defense and passes the ball well in offense. If the intends to dribble and dunk the ball, Pop will throw him out of the arena.

He's the 5th guard, tbh... we're not sure yet he'll do well in the majors... it's a low risk, high reward move from the Spurs. I see if more as having Manu groom him into that backup two role. If he embraces it, I think he has enough talent to stick in the league.

MaNu4Tres
07-17-2015, 04:45 PM
I don't disagree entirely with this premise, but I don't think that will apply during the regular season. At least not until March or so...

I agree. I'm thinking big picture (playoffs, big games). The times when the rotation has to be optimally confined. Pop will probably go 9 deep then.

In regular season, going through east coast swings ( Philly, Det, Boston, ect), I'm sure Pop will utilize as much of the roster as he can as he always does.

ceperez
07-17-2015, 04:47 PM
ILL put it to you this other way, there is no way I can see Simmons giving KA any sort of trouble in a scrimmage. Dude is too crafty, sneaky, and tall for a defender like Simmons to handle him. Heck, we saw he did whatever the heck he wanted against Hollis Jefferson. On the other end, I could see KA giving a Simmons trouble, grabbing rebounds, knocking balls out w his length from Simmons notoriously iffy handle, etc. Both guys will be situational, but there is no doubt in my mind, KA is the better player in the long run. But, Simmons being the better athlete can possibly handle your Austin Rivers, Norris Cole types out there.

Draft-express says about Hollis-Jefferson:

"Hollis-Jefferson was one of the best defenders in college basketball, and will need to make his mark on this end of the court at the next level as well. While he guarded multiple positions in college, he was best matched up against wings, where he can match their quickness and bother them with his strength and wingspan. He is locked in on this end of the court, taking pride in shutting down the opponent's best scorer. He moves his feet well to stay in front of dribble penetration and can finish the play with a strong contest of the shot, blocking 1.1 shots per 40 minutes pace adjusted. "

So a guy who takes pride with his defense couldn't shutdown Mr. Anderson. Nice!!!

ElNono
07-17-2015, 04:47 PM
I agree. I'm thinking big picture (playoffs, big games). The times when the rotation has to be optimally confined. Pop will probably go 9 deep then.

In regular season, going through east coast swings ( Philly, Det, Boston, ect), I'm sure Pop will utilize as much of the roster as he can as he always does.

Some would say that last season he experimented for too long. What's real is that both Kyle and Simmons will have ample opportunity to show what they have, especially early on.

ceperez
07-17-2015, 04:55 PM
Some would say that last season he experimented for too long. What's real is that both Kyle and Simmons will have ample opportunity to show what they have, especially early on.

That's the big question, will Anderson or Simmons have enough playing time?

The rotation still needs to become comfortable with playing with Aldridge and West. So a lot of time is going to be spent just getting familiar with these two.

The playoff rotation will involve the following:

Parker, Green, Leonard, Aldridge, Duncan, Ginobii, Mills, Diaw and West. 9 players.

McCallum will eat up minutes in regular season just like Joseph did. He's the only other PG other than Parker.

There will be minutes for Boban, for times that Duncan is resting.

Simmons may get some burn if they rest Ginobili a lot.

So it looks like KA is odd man out... unless he is KL's backup.

I just wonder how Pop will figure out the best combination... there's just too much talent in the team.

Nathan89
07-17-2015, 05:22 PM
On the other hand, Kyle's strengths come in isolations from the high post/ mid range area-- where he can dominate his defender with his length offensively.

His strengths will lead to a bunch of inefficient shots and his offense doesn't get his teammates open shots. That's the benefit of Simmons play. He'll he's a piece of the bench puzzle who can attack quickly and dish to West, Diaw, Manu, or Patty. The team is centered around ball movement not isolation. If Spurs want a player from the bench to isolate that player will be Diaw. As you said KA is a below average shooter so when he's not ball stopping the offense with a mediocre isolation he won't be as valuable to other players penetrating and passing.

timvp
07-17-2015, 05:26 PM
It's a good problem to have. I'm just hoping one of the two makes it in the NBA as a rotation player. That's far from guaranteed but these Vegas games have increased that hope.

AFBlue
07-17-2015, 05:44 PM
I think the challenge with grading either is that we've seen so little of them against real NBA competition. I hate to say Simmons because literally less than a week ago I had no idea who he was. But in the limited minutes I've seen, he has flashed enough of a well-rounded skill set, athleticism, and tenacity to make me think he's going to be the better pro. I think Kyle can also be great in the right role, but I don't know how much his lack of athleticism and a reliable jump shot will limit his potential.

Hopefully they grow into equally badass, but different role players for the Spurs in the future. I really enjoy watching them play off each other.

SpurPadre
07-17-2015, 06:10 PM
We're talking backup SFs here. Who has a bench three that's going to give Manu trouble? And of those threes, who can Anderson guard that Simmons can't?

Paul Pierce might give Manu trouble, even though he's old too and strictly a perimeter player at this stage in his career. As for Anderson, his lack of speed concerns me more on the defensive end.

100%duncan
07-17-2015, 06:12 PM
Simmons. The dude is 6'6 of course he can play the 3.

Chinook
07-17-2015, 06:14 PM
Paul Pierce might give Manu trouble, even though he's old too and strictly a perimeter player at this stage in his career. As for Anderson, his lack of speed concerns me more on the defensive end.

I actually think Manu should be the one to guard Pierce (though Paul is almost certainly starting). I'd much rather have one tough savvy vet check another than letting a young player draw fouls due to their inexperience.

Obstructed_View
07-17-2015, 06:17 PM
This is how you end up with Spurs fans rooting against individual players.

100%duncan
07-17-2015, 06:18 PM
I think anyone who says Kyle hasn't watched him run the court against other real nba players last season

MaNu4Tres
I actually think Manu should be the one to guard Pierce (though Paul is almost certainly starting). I'd much rather have one tough savvy vet check another than letting a young player draw fouls due to their inexperience.

In the playoffs and if Pierce is starting ( which is likely),Pierce shouldn't be a concern. If anything Spurs should bait the Clippers to give him the touches he wants tbh..

The problem the Spurs have is when CP3 and Griffin have the ball and are creating the offense 100% of the time theyre on the floor -- much tougher to guard than Pierce.

SpurPadre

It's one thing for them to start Barnes and defend Kawhi, but I can't believe they would start Pierce against the Spurs, especially in the playoffs. Kawhi would terrorize him on both ends.

SpurPadre
07-17-2015, 06:20 PM

THIS, although I hate Bonner on my own volition.

KL2
07-17-2015, 06:28 PM
Simmons>Anderson. I think KA is 1-2 years away from being an NBA player, and I still don't know exactly how his skill set fits into this team. Simmons' skill set is just too perfect for what SA needs.

The Spurs also need to replace Cojo's defense, I always felt his defense was overrated and it had more to do with Leonard-Green making him look better than he actually was, Simmons should be able to step in and replace that. Simmons has that quickness to guard these quick explosive guards while having a huge size advantage.

skulls138
07-17-2015, 06:42 PM
KA has higher potential but right now I'd go with Simmons because his game is ready made for the Spurs as it is. KA's game is more unorthodox and we have enough figuring out to do with our other recent acquisitions and this isn't a rebuild year.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Draft-express says about Hollis-Jefferson:

"Hollis-Jefferson was one of the best defenders in college basketball, and will need to make his mark on this end of the court at the next level as well. While he guarded multiple positions in college, he was best matched up against wings, where he can match their quickness and bother them with his strength and wingspan. He is locked in on this end of the court, taking pride in shutting down the opponent's best scorer. He moves his feet well to stay in front of dribble penetration and can finish the play with a strong contest of the shot, blocking 1.1 shots per 40 minutes pace adjusted. "

So a guy who takes pride with his defense couldn't shutdown Mr. Anderson. Nice!!!

Kyle shot something like 7-17, but being the undisputed first option is going to net you some points regardless. However, I still think Kyle did a great job applying his tempo to the game, making it HIS game.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-17-2015, 07:48 PM
If he can translate that control to the bench unit, it might cause problems for opposing benches and their sparks.

steeledl
07-17-2015, 07:54 PM
I think anyone who says Kyle hasn't watched him run the court against other real nba players last season

This dude keeps it 100.

SPURt
07-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Decisions, decisions...

One comes with expectation being a first round pick, there's an assumption he's better...

The other has had to take what's his like my hero Khaleesi going after King's Landing...

One makes me chub with his awkward offense and hopeful defense...

The other makes blood charge to my south pole with his pick pocketing defense and Ginobili beta offense...

They are too different to compare... cannot compute... cannot compute...

spurraider21
07-17-2015, 08:02 PM
I think anyone who says Simmons hasn't watched him run the court against other real nba players last season
fify

:lol

100%duncan
07-17-2015, 08:06 PM
fify

Can't teach quickness son.

spurraider21
07-17-2015, 08:07 PM
i know, i was jes trollin

i'm part of the vicarage of simmons

spursince#99
07-17-2015, 08:29 PM
I understand the cautious concern many of you have with Simmons but some of the assessments I've seen are darn right awful. Simmons is capable of playing the 3, he is a better defender, and he's just as crafty with the ball in his hand. But again, I often feel like I'm watching a totally different sport than many of the posters here. Especially when I see the ridiculous takes.

spursince#99
07-17-2015, 08:35 PM
Kyle Anderson doesn't even have a clear role on this team. His role will never be clear as long as the big 3 are still here. Why? Because he's stuck in wonderland when the ball isn't in his hands, and he's too slow to stay in front of any SF. All in all, I still like his skill set as a player. He's just not needed and is a redundant piece at this point. Especially with Manu, Boris, and possibly Simmons being able to do what he does better and more effectively.

SnakeBoy
07-17-2015, 08:45 PM
I understand the cautious concern many of you have with Simmons but some of the assessments I've seen are darn right awful. Simmons is capable of playing the 3, he is a better defender, and he's just as crafty with the ball in his hand. But again, I often feel like I'm watching a totally different sport than many of the posters here. Especially when I see the ridiculous takes.

Simmons is 25 and nobody has thought he was worth any NBA contract until now. So maybe, just maybe, he's not as good as you think he is.

Taking it to the Hole
07-17-2015, 08:46 PM
Anderson has more potential to be the all around better role player. He has the size and skills needed to successfully stick in the NBA. He just needs to develop confidence and get comfortable in the Spurs system. The Spurs have the hardest playbook in the NBA. To ask a rookie to grasp all the nuances of veterans playing together for years is asking for quite a bit. I liked what I saw from him in the summer league so far. He has asserted himself and improved his game. He looks like he is comfortable out there. I don't think it would be a stretch to say he dramatically improves this year. I like Simmons and his athleticism but he seems to me to be more of a role as a energy player rather than a consistent rotation player. I really don't know how many minutes he is going to be getting but it is not going to be a lot. Pop has a very short tolerance for mistakes and while he is athletic, he has a tendency to turn the ball over and I can see him getting yanked quick if he does.

ceperez
07-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Kyle Anderson doesn't even have a clear role on this team. His role will never be clear as long as the big 3 are still here. Why? Because he's stuck in wonderland when the ball isn't in his hands, and he's too slow to stay in front of any SF. All in all, I still like his skill set as a player. He's just not needed and is a redundant piece at this point. Especially with Manu, Boris, and possibly Simmons being able to do what he does better and more effectively.

I agree with you here. Kyle Anderson is so unconventional that it is unclear where he fits within the Spurs offense.

His best position appears to be what Manu or Boris do. They don't bring up the ball, however they orchestrate the half court offense. With both Manu and Boris on the 2nd team, I just don't see how the team needs a third orchestrator.

steeledl
07-17-2015, 08:54 PM
I agree with you here. Kyle Anderson is so unconventional that it is unclear where he fits within the Spurs offense.

His best position appears to be what Manu or Boris do. They don't bring up the ball, however they orchestrate the half court offense. With both Manu and Boris on the 2nd team, I just don't see how the team needs a third orchestrator.

you think Kyle anderson can orchestrate half court offense .......:lmao

dabom
07-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Simmons 100%.

JakeCuenca
07-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Kawhi is probably an option In Pop's mind in terms of Perimeter playmaking. We saw him did it last year.

It's probably going to be Parker-Manu-Mills-Kawhi-Anderson in terms of permiter play-making.

Kawhi played significantly with the bench in the last couple month of the season last year..Should be a good 4th playmaking option.

ceperez
07-17-2015, 09:00 PM
Kawhi is probably an option In Pop's mind in terms of Perimeter playmaking. We saw him did it last year.

It's probably going to be Parker-Manu-Mills-Kawhi-Anderson in terms of permiter play-making.

Kawhi played significantly with the bench in the last couple month of the season last year..Should be a good 4th playmaking option.

KL is great... but he hasn't yet learned how to run an offense.

spursince#99
07-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Simmons is 25 and nobody has thought he was worth any NBA contract until now. So maybe, just maybe, he's not as good as you think he is.

Or maybe, just maybe, not all capable NBA players are given a shot until later in their career.

ceperez
07-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Watch Simmons.... very impressive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1yF8HYs8h8

Notice how he beats 2 defenders. Also he goes either left or right. Slashes and dishes out.... just perfect for the Spurs.

ceperez
07-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Meanwhile... Anderson is beating up everyone at the block:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88os5pjIEa0

I don't know how this translates to the NBA.

spursince#99
07-17-2015, 09:14 PM

Notice how he beats 2 defenders. Also he goes either left or right. Slashes and dishes out.... just perfect for the Spurs.

Future 6th man candidate. Danny Green better hope Chip doesn't have him knocking down the 3 ball at a 40% clip.

steeledl
07-17-2015, 09:17 PM

Not saying Simmons is going to be a future HOF but Kurt Warner was bagging groceries at 24 and playing in the arena league at 25. Peoples lives and careers often follow different paths to success. Bruce Bowen didn't get an NBA look until he was 26 and he did okay for himself too.

ceperez
07-17-2015, 09:18 PM
Future 6th man candidate. Danny Green better hope Chip doesn't have him knocking down the 3 ball at a 40% clip.

I don't know if it is just the weak summer league defense, but this guy is just laying it up against opponents!

ceperez
07-17-2015, 09:20 PM
Not saying Simmons is going to be a future HOF but Kurt Warner was bagging groceries at 24 and playing in the arena league at 25. Peoples lives and careers often follow different paths to success. Bruce Bowen didn't get an NBA look until he was 26 and he did okay for himself too.

Simmons just didn't get the opportunities when he was younger. He barely got out of high school. 2 years in community college. Never got drafted. Played in some bush league somewhere. Out of plain chance, he was picked up by the Toros. That's where he learned his craft.... 2 years in the Toros. Without that development, he would just be another 6'5" player.

steeledl
07-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Simmons just didn't get the opportunities when he was younger. He barely got out of high school. 2 years in community college. Never got drafted. Played in some bush league somewhere. Out of plain chance, he was picked up by the Toros. That's where he learned his craft.... 2 years in the Toros. Without that development, he would just be another 6'5" player.

I hope his upward trajectory is still building momentum and he keeps progressing at this rate now that he is getting put in this position with world class coaching and talent around him. Sometimes not having the easy path can make you hungrier than others for success.

ceperez
07-17-2015, 09:25 PM
I hope his upward trajectory is still building momentum and he keeps progressing at this rate now that he is getting put in this position with world class coaching and talent around him. Sometimes not having the easy path can make you hungrier than others for success.

Kind of like Bruce Bowen.

TXstbobcat
07-17-2015, 09:31 PM
Let's see how Simmons plays when the regular season starts and he is up against NBA caliber players. Then we will find out if he can really play at the NBA level.

Darkwaters
07-17-2015, 09:34 PM

Theres a lot of forgetful optimists running around come SL time...

Darkwaters
07-17-2015, 09:42 PM
The original question is obviously loaded. But it's very hard to answer. Anderson and Simmons are hugely different players with different skill sets.

Who has the most potential upside? Kyle Anderson. Hes just so unique and unusual....and still very young to boot. Hes already showing good leadership skills and has a very high BBIQ. And considering how his game basically relies on athleticism to no degree he could have a very long career once he cracks the code - if he cracks it.

Who has the most usefulness immediately? Jonathon Simmons. Anderson left the team with so many questions last year after some consistently terrible outings. He showed flashes at times, but not nearly often enough. He has a lot of major problems that will require him to rework his game. Simmons on the other hand seems to have it all. Decent defense and capable distance shooting. Hes a super athlete that can drive left, or right, and pass on the move. Euro step? Check. Hesitation? Check. I don't think anyone knows what his ceiling is but he could be a nice little sparkplug right away in limited minutes and will be able to guard opposing benches 2's and 3's (and maybe even some 1's).

JakeCuenca
07-17-2015, 09:48 PM

And anderson is a better option?

This isn't about kawhi. when you're evaluating possiblities, you look at sample sizes. Kawhi has played as a perimter playmaker in a spurs system multiple times, anderson hasn't.

No one is saying to make Kawhi the number 1 playmaker, this is about who would take away some playmaking responsilbies from manu...

skulls138
07-17-2015, 10:53 PM
Kind of like Bruce Bowen.Or Gary Neal.

ceperez
07-17-2015, 10:57 PM
Theres a lot of forgetful optimists running around come SL time...

So are you saying that you're smarter because you are a pessimist?

tholdren
07-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Not even remotely true. You can teach quickness, explosiveness, reactive strength and power.

tim_duncan_fan
07-17-2015, 11:14 PM

Charles Barkley: JA-NO-BUH--wait...that's a black guy. Who he play for before da Spurs?

Bruno
07-17-2015, 11:17 PM
Neither has shown something good above the D-League or summer league level. Simmons just hasn't played at a higher level and Anderson rookie season with Spurs was underwhelming. Given the huge gap between Summer league/D-League and the NBA, it's nearly impossible to make projections based on their current performance. Both are huge question marks that are from sure of being able to contribute with Spurs.

SnakeBoy
07-17-2015, 11:20 PM
Or maybe, just maybe, not all capable NBA players are given a shot until later in their career.

Hey I've become a Simmons fan during this SL and hope he thrives in the NBA...but the topic is would you keep KA or Simmons if you had choose. If PATFO called every team in the league and told them they had to get rid of one of the two and to pick one, every other FO in the league would pick KA.

Kikoluna
07-17-2015, 11:26 PM
I am amazed by the full confidence many of you have on Anderson. He is the weak link on that second unit. Matter of fact, I'm disappointed he's still on team.

SnakeBoy
07-17-2015, 11:31 PM
I am amazed by the full confidence many of you have on Anderson. He is the weak link on that second unit. Matter of fact, I'm disappointed he's still on team.

I don't see how saying a guy has huge potential is the same as having full confidence. Most lottery picks never live up to their potential.

Ice009
07-17-2015, 11:34 PM
Simmons is the kind of player that I like. He's athletic, can drive and get to the rim and finish with either hand. He also seems to play defense and isn't too bad of a passer either. That's the kind of player that I like at SG/SF. I've felt the last few years since Manu has changed up his game and stopped driving to the rack as much as in his early days, I've really felt that the Spurs needed another player that can do this.

Right now it's just D-League and Summer League, but I really hope that Simmons can keep improving by working on his ball handling, shooting and also on being a more fundamental defender. If he can really work hard at improving on the things he does well, then I think he has a chance of being an NBA player. I hope that his game can/will translate to the NBA level.

JakeCuenca
07-17-2015, 11:44 PM
Wow, people are making projections left and right based on summer league level basketball. :lol

SAGirl
07-17-2015, 11:58 PM

Kyle is 21. Did that as a HS and college player, was successful, a McDonald's all american, five star, state champion, division champion at UCLA as the best player in that team, you name it. There is a reason they have him doing what he is doing in SL and winning with him as the leader. Offense goes through him. Obviously that is a far cry from what he will be doing in the bench. But he has been a competitor and a winner at every stage. We are privileged to have gotten him at 30 and that is how the Spurs organization feels about it. Aside from being the best player on the SL team, he does control the tempo. The SL team is his team. Simmons is the 6th man from the bench. Eddie is your designated shooter. He will not play like this in the bench this season, but he can have nights when he will go off and do things like this. If you have him in your bench, he will make plays. If he has made contested shots, how do you think he won't make open shots? Unbelievable... Last year he played little but when he was in the rotation in Dec. He was balling. Made good decisions with the ball, had a terrific assist to TO ratio, and made good decisions on which shots to take, created for teammates, but whatever. Some people will only see his slowmo and there won't be any convincing them. I don't know if KA will make the rotation, but obviously RC saw there was no need to keep looking. Simmons brings athleticism and that is valuable, but no need to make it seem like KA can't ball.

100%duncan
07-18-2015, 12:00 AM
Not even remotely true. You can teach quickness, explosiveness, reactive strength and power.

No you cant if you aint athletic you aint.

Nathan89
07-18-2015, 12:02 AM
Wow, people are making projections left and right based on summer league level basketball. :lol

Sign-off and comeback in the regular season if you don't want to see projections based on summer league. You should expect nothing less than this type of discussion. Probably the best discussion topic you're going to find after the draft and beginning part of free agent signings.

JakeCuenca
07-18-2015, 12:04 AM
Sign-off and comeback in the regular season if you don't want to see projections based on summer league. You should expect nothing less than this type of discussion. Probably the best discussion topic you're going to find after the draft and beginning part of free agent signings.

Oh I totally understand. Maybe I should have worded my post better..:lol

Just overall a funny thread in terms of the expectations surrounding Simmons and Anderson, specially the former

SnakeBoy
07-18-2015, 12:12 AM
Thankfully Mr. Anderson has already addressed the haters...

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of me. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

SAGirl
07-18-2015, 12:25 AM
Thankfully Mr. Anderson has already addressed the haters...
Thanks to you for bringing some funny to my life!!! :downspin:

devindixen
07-18-2015, 04:26 AM
With Manu, West, and Diaw, we'd be too slow if we also play Kyle Anderson with that bench group. Simmons is the better fit with that unit. Kyle Anderson is a better option if Diaw or Manu is injured or being rested.

Brox6
07-18-2015, 04:33 AM
if KA starts hitting those 3's then KA has the upperhand

r0drig0lac
07-18-2015, 07:07 AM
Simmons = Tireke
Anderson = Bodiroga

Spurs are stacked

kawhidoyoudothistome
07-18-2015, 07:26 AM

KA got destroyed at 1:37. Other than that, Simmons looks NBA ready. Can't wait to see this guy play in the regular season. Still has to make it through training camp, but he more than likely will. The need for another slasher who can also create is great. Ginobili needs rest, and I have a feeling Simmons can give it to him.

AFBlue
07-18-2015, 07:26 AM

How many games have you watched Simmons play? Serious question.

AFBlue
07-18-2015, 07:30 AM

Manu likely has one year left, so the Spurs will need a primary ball handler and facilitator off the bench alongside Patty. Not saying Anderson is definitely the guy, but the role is there for the taking sooner rather than later.

DenialTwist
07-18-2015, 07:38 AM
Kyle Anderson's fastbreak "SloMo" version: https://streamable.com/yxtr
Day 'N' Nite: "Slow mo When the tempo slows up and creates that new, new He seems alive though he is feeling blue The sun is shining man he's super cool, cool"

Blizzardwizard
07-18-2015, 07:48 AM
Both have untapped potential and I hope at least one of them cements a regular roster spot..

ceperez
07-18-2015, 07:59 AM
The problem with someone who is just plain fast and athletic is sometime they never learn to change their pace. That allows defenders to track them and time their contest.

Anderson being slow using not only his length but fakes and change of pace to give him a slight advantage. He's worked on a Dirk shot, he's worked on anticipating or even making contact when he shoots, he really is working on his game to compensate for his lack of athleticism. The good thing is that a very young age of 21, he already knows his limitations. That is a recipe for success.

Simmons has also figured out that athleticism isn't enough, so he slashes using different angles, finishes with both left and right hands, changes paces, employs the backboard and looks for assist opportunities. That is a very good game and honestly superior to Green in his ability to score when dribbling. He can get better if he gets better control of the ball and becomes more precise with his passing.

Looking forward to seeing these two improve.

As for the haters, maybe it's time to start taking down names.

FkLA
07-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Simmons>KA

Spurs9
07-18-2015, 08:33 AM
Boban

TrainOfThought5
07-18-2015, 09:33 AM

I was just thinking this exact thing.

spursince#99
07-18-2015, 09:44 AM
Hey I've become a Simmons fan during this SL and hope he thrives in the NBA...but the topic is would you keep KA or Simmons if you had choose. If PATFO called every team in the league and told them they had to get rid of one of the two and to pick one, every other FO in the league would pick KA.

Interesting, seeing as every team in the NBA passed on him during draft night.

spursince#99
07-18-2015, 09:46 AM
How many games have you watched Simmons play? Serious question.

Enough, why? Nothing I stated was false.

spursince#99
07-18-2015, 09:47 AM
Simmons > Anderson. We'll see this today as well.

LittleCriminal
07-18-2015, 09:50 AM
For some reason Simmons reminds me of Tony Allen...

AFBlue
07-18-2015, 10:03 AM
Enough, why? Nothing I stated was false.

It's your opinion, based on a small sample size of data. That's why your seemingly arrogant response deserved questioning. I sincerely doubt you've seen more of him than any other poster on Spurstalk. But, if you were an ardent fan of the Austin Spurs and saw him play all last year, then I might be inclined to find you credible. So, would you care to qualify "enough?"

Dex
07-18-2015, 10:22 AM
mix them to get one of the Sanderson witches from Hocus Pocus. They can fly.

tatteredprince
07-18-2015, 10:37 AM
Perhaps Kyle Anderson is a cross forward blending both the talents of a Boris Diaw and and Kawhi Leonard, he might be groomed to be the Diaw successor who is currently moonlighting as Kawhi's back up

While Simmons is the Manu shooting guard version back up (NOT the Manu playmaker backup, that would be either Boris or Mills or KL), an energy change-of-pace guy exactly like the young Manu was.......

(just my two cents worth, sorry, im not as knowledgeable in basketball technicalities as you guys)

spursince#99
07-18-2015, 10:46 AM
It's your opinion, based on a small sample size of data. That's why your seemingly arrogant response deserved questioning. I sincerely doubt you've seen more of him than any other poster on Spurstalk. But, if you were an ardent fan of the Austin Spurs and saw him play all last year, then I might be inclined to find you credible. So, would you care to qualify "enough?"

Enough as in I've seen enough of both to know Simmons is a better defender and is capable of hitting the 3 ball at a pretty good clip. A clip much higher than that of Kyle Andersons'. It's not like Kyle isn't playing in Summer League as well. Then you'd have an argument, but it's not rocket science. Simmons has clearly shown he can do these things I've pointed out, and Anderson hasn't shown he can do such. It's just that simple. No need to try and complicate things given at face value.

AFBlue
07-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Enough as in I've seen enough of both to know Simmons is a better defender and is capable of hitting the 3 ball at a pretty good clip. A clip much higher than that of Kyle Andersons'. It's not like Kyle isn't playing in Summer League as well. Then you'd have an argument, but it's not rocket science. Simmons has clearly shown he can do these things I've pointed out, and Anderson hasn't shown he can do such. It's just that simple. No need to try and complicate things given at face value.

It's called "small sample size". Both have shown the ability to pass, defend and make open shots in the summer league...less than 10 games. Neither have shown the ability to do so consistently at a high level against high-level competition. That's why it's ridiculous to be so assured that one is better than the other. It wasn't so much the position you took as the implication that you were so much smarter than everyone else. The fact is, you're not. And it's not as simple as you make it seem.

The irony is that I also think Simmons has the better shot at being a pro than Anderson because of his speed and athleticism. I agree he has flashed all the tools. But, you also can't deny how much younger Anderson is than Simmons, which gives him the time and opportunity to improve. And Anderson, despite being slower, does have superior size and length for the position. I give both a decent shot at becoming solid pros tbqh.

spursince#99
07-18-2015, 11:07 AM
It's called "small sample size". Both have shown the ability to pass, defend and make open shots in the summer league...less than 10 games. Neither have shown the ability to do so consistently at a high level against high-level competition. That's why it's ridiculous to be so assured that one is better than the other. It wasn't so much the position you took as the implication that you were so much smarter than everyone else. The fact is, you're not. And it's not as simple as you make it seem.

The irony is that I also think Simmons has the better shot at being a pro than Anderson because of his speed and athleticism. I agree he has flashed all the tools. But, you also can't deny how much younger Anderson is than Simmons, which gives him the time and opportunity to improve. And Anderson, despite being slower, does have superior size and length for the position. I give both a decent shot at becoming solid pros tbqh.

Yeah I didn't read any of this, and I'm not the type to go back and forth so yeah, Simmons is the better defender, shooter, and is just as crafty in his own right, as I stated earlier. Have a good day.

Gordy58
07-18-2015, 11:09 AM
KA brings a better leadership presence, he's still a high bbiq player, plays within himself and is still a better passer than simmons. Being at 6'9 he can play PF as well so he has a bit more position flex than Simmons. His shot is still improving and his ability to constantly draw fouls is good. He has mismatch potential unlike Simmons. I guess I'm on that KA bandwagon I just feel like he's gonna do really good things for our bench this year.

AFBlue
07-18-2015, 11:16 AM
Yeah I didn't read any of this, and I'm not the type to go back and forth so yeah, Simmons is the better defender, shooter, and is just as crafty in his own right, as I stated earlier. Have a good day.

:lol truest signal of a lost argument

tholdren
07-18-2015, 11:31 AM
No you cant if you aint athletic you aint.
read any book regarding speed or quickness. funny that you followed up your previous post with this gem.

spursince#99
07-18-2015, 12:11 PM
:lol truest signal of a lost argument

It was never an argument, but I understand if you need assurance of gender to where you have to come on a sports forum to stroke your mini ego. Have fun with that.

kaji157
07-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Simmons seems to me like a more comfortable player out there.
When you see Anderson play it makes me think as if he is unsure of what he is going to do.
Basketball seems more simple to Simmons, i dont think he is "better" but rather than he seems to know what to do more often than Kyle.

silverblackfan
07-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Simmons seems to me like a more comfortable player out there.
When you see Anderson play it makes me think as if he is unsure of what he is going to do.
Basketball seems more simple to Simmons, i dont think he is "better" but rather than he seems to know what to do more often than Kyle.

Simmons is older, so he may have better practice of controlling his expressions than Anderson. He also looks more comfortable when Anderson is on the floor. They both have a nice upside for the Spurs.

DPG21920
07-18-2015, 01:35 PM
Simmons definitely looks like an NBA player. He has an incredible array of skills. Now, he's not a master of any of them, but for a role player? He really doesn't have any glaring holes (especially if his 3PT shot is legit).

Simmons strikes me as a Tony Allen type (but with worse defense and better offensive game). His energy and ability should bode well when surrounded with 4 other NBA level players.

KA is more talented I think overall, but a harder piece to fit in a bench role IMO. But I think it's pretty clear from what I have seen that Simmons is an NBA level role player - both in skill set & athleticism but obviously nothing is guaranteed or proven yet. We shall see - it's exciting as hell though.

Beaverfuzz
07-18-2015, 01:49 PM
A broken mop is better than Anderson.

spursince#99
07-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Simmons definitely looks like an NBA player. He has an incredible array of skills. Now, he's not a master of any of them, but for a role player? He really doesn't have any glaring holes (especially if his 3PT shot is legit).

Simmons strikes me as a Tony Allen type (but with worse defense and better offensive game). His energy and ability should bode well when surrounded with 4 other NBA level players.

KA is more talented I think overall, but a harder piece to fit in a bench role IMO. But I think it's pretty clear from what I have seen that Simmons is an NBA level role player - both in skill set & athleticism but obviously nothing is guaranteed or proven yet. We shall see - it's exciting as hell though.

Tony Allen type I can agree with, but I don't get the Tony Allen comparisons in terms of ability.

DAF86
07-18-2015, 01:57 PM
This would have been an interesting poll thread.

DPG21920
07-18-2015, 02:04 PM
Tony Allen type I can agree with, but I don't get the Tony Allen comparisons in terms of ability.

Was more about the way he moves, his athleticism & mindset. Not really comparable in terms of skills since they are basically opposites, but that energy/mindset and bounce he has reminds me of a Tony Allen. Not sure he can be anywhere close to the defender TA is though.

Darkwaters
07-18-2015, 02:13 PM
So are you saying that you're smarter because you are a pessimist?

I think you're confused about the distinction between pessimism and realism.

AFBlue
07-18-2015, 02:22 PM
It was never an argument, but I understand if you need assurance of gender to where you have to come on a sports forum to stroke your mini ego. Have fun with that.

:lol my ego

I often feel like I'm watching a totally different sport than many of the posters here. Especially when I see the ridiculous takes.

Hi pot, meet kettle. I think y'all have something in common.

daslicer
07-18-2015, 02:27 PM
I remember reading a scouting report on Anderson a year ago in which the report stated Anderson was basically a 6'9 Andre Miller. The more I watch Anderson play the more I feel that report was pretty accurate. Just like Miller he is very slow offensively but is still effective. Keep in mind Miller scored 50 points in a game a few years ago and all the moves he did in that game was slow but super effective.

steeledl
07-18-2015, 02:40 PM
:lol my ego

Hi pot, meet kettle. I think y'all have something in common.

Shit posting as usual I see.

keeferob25
07-18-2015, 02:40 PM
I remember reading a scouting report on Anderson a year ago in which the report stated Anderson was basically a 6'9 Andre Miller. The more I watch Anderson play the more I feel that report was pretty accurate. Just like Miller he is very slow offensively but is still effective. Keep in mind Miller scored 50 points in a game a few years ago and all the moves he did in that game was slow but super effective.

While Miller wasn't a "speedster" by any stretch...him being "slow" was always exaggerated. He was always pegged that way only relative to other pgs that were more quick...but make no mistake...Miller was PLENTY nba fast. Anderson by any way and any league is slow. Also Miller was incredibly fluid in his movement...Anderson is extremely awkward with his. Miller and Pierce are more akin to one another...as in they were "slower" but only by comparison to others in their respective positions. But their movement was incredibly fluid and still allowed them to get wherever they wanted. Anderson is slow and awkward under any and all circumstances.

07-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Rather have pre-injury James Anderson

dbestpro
07-18-2015, 04:28 PM
Rather have Anderson. Just feel Simmons will end up like Alonzo Gee. He might find some NBA production, but not till he is on another team.

AFBlue
07-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Shit posting as usual I see.

:lol I literally have no idea who you are, nor do I care.

Chinook
07-18-2015, 06:58 PM
While Miller wasn't a "speedster" by any stretch...him being "slow" was always exaggerated. He was always pegged that way only relative to other pgs that were more quick...but make no mistake...Miller was PLENTY nba fast. Anderson by any way and any league is slow. Also Miller was incredibly fluid in his movement...Anderson is extremely awkward with his. Miller and Pierce are more akin to one another...as in they were "slower" but only by comparison to others in their respective positions. But their movement was incredibly fluid and still allowed them to get wherever they wanted. Anderson is slow and awkward under any and all circumstances.

Anderson seems to have that quality already. What he doesn't have is the accuracy to consistently take advantage once he's there.

Mr. Body
07-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Once KA gets his shot down he'll be deadly. He'll be like Jared Dudley with creation abilities. And I no longer see him totally blown up by screens.

cd98
07-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Both are having a good summer league. Hope it translates to the NBA.

skulls138
07-18-2015, 10:04 PM
I'm partial to Simmons because he can take it to the rack AND pass. KA can pass too but can't get inside the defense like Simmons

UNT Eagles 2016
07-18-2015, 11:37 PM
A broken mop is better than Anderson.
Yep. A broken mop soaked in molasses, that is.

tholdren
07-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Simmons is better than Anderson. He's the better all around player. He's the better all around athlete. Anderson reminds me of what pop thought bonner should be, Simmons reminds me of what pop thought Bogans should be.

silverblackfan
07-19-2015, 07:05 PM
I hope the both stay healthy so that the have a good fight for position. Spurs problems.

Chinook
07-19-2015, 07:13 PM
I think Simmons is better in a vacuum right now, but Anderson has much more room to grown. I definitely don't think the Spurs have to worry about their fourth-wing spot right now, though. May as well go ahead and sign Eddie to keep it going.

ducks
07-19-2015, 10:01 PM
Is this going to replace is Manu greater then tp
Tp greater then Manu debate

SpursFan86
07-19-2015, 10:07 PM
May as well go ahead and sign Eddie to keep it going.

You really think it's worth going even further over the tax and losing flexibility with that 15th spot to sign Eddie?

steeledl
07-19-2015, 10:10 PM
Is this going to replace is Manu greater then tp
Tp greater then Manu debate

Manu hasn't been better than TP since like 08' . Were you guys debating that here? Manu had a few really good years but TP was really good for a really long time.

Chinook
07-19-2015, 10:13 PM
You really think it's worth going even further over the tax and losing flexibility with that 15th spot to sign Eddie?

I would REALLY not want to give Eddie guaranteed money. But I do think having three VERY different players to choose among for that fourth wing spot would be beneficial. Imagine the spacing of a Mills/Ginobili/Eddie/West/Diaw lineup.

ceperez
07-19-2015, 10:38 PM
I would REALLY not want to give Eddie guaranteed money. But I do think having three VERY different players to choose among for that fourth wing spot would be beneficial. Imagine the spacing of a Mills/Ginobili/Eddie/West/Diaw lineup.

I think Eddie still needs a year or so to develop his game, but considering though how deadly he appears to be, he absolutely should be signed.

Let' him figure out the rest of his game.

100%duncan
07-19-2015, 10:41 PM
Isnt eddie a worse version of bellineli? I mean we all hated marcos defense, what more for Eddie.

ismael-robert
07-20-2015, 12:31 AM
Anderson getting mvp pretty much dictates whos the better player...well at least to professionals. For someone who is "more athletic or better offensively" did he ever outscore Anderson?

100%duncan
07-20-2015, 12:34 AM
So Durant and Curry are better than Lebron because they got the last 2 mvps :lol

Johnny RIngo
07-20-2015, 01:07 AM
Anderson getting mvp pretty much dictates whos the better player...well at least to professionals. For someone who is "more athletic or better offensively" did he ever outscore Anderson?

Summer League mvp means jack shit. Last year's mvp played a grand total of 5 games in the NBA in 2015 and was quickly waived. I don't think Kyle will do that badly but he's got an uphill battle to make it in the real league with his shit tier athleticism.

skulls138
07-20-2015, 02:01 AM
I'm confused because on one hand KA is a basketball genius in the making (look at the pass he makes to Simmons in the first footage of the Simmons video of last game) vs, in Simmons, an even better than Gary Neal like surprise, with better D, better size, and better drive and dunkability.

Nathan89
07-20-2015, 02:05 AM

He doesn't take as many shots as Anderson.

ismael-robert
07-20-2015, 08:18 AM
Nobody discussing how it will translate to regular season its only about one player vs another. So goin by the facts and not the glitz n glam in the limited time they played together have to go with ka.

djohn14
07-20-2015, 08:27 AM
I think with Simmons being a better shooter and defender he fits the team better. I like Anderson, and it's impossible to say who is the better player, because their games are different. It just seems like those two skills Simmons has really helps his chances.

Chinook
07-20-2015, 08:50 AM
Who has a better chance at making it in the league: Anderson or Marjanovic?

AFBlue
07-20-2015, 09:00 AM

This deserves its own separate thread tbqh. Excellent question.

MaNu4Tres
07-20-2015, 09:07 AM

Anderson.

Marjanovic has a very small window to become a relevant NBA player because of how teams utilize the PnR and spacing. I just don't see him as a long term stick in the league because of his inability to move laterally. Being that he's 26, he'll only regress from an athletic standpoint from here on out.

littlecoyotecoin
07-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Anderson.

Marjanovic has a very small window to become a relevant NBA player because of how teams utilize the PnR and spacing. I just don't see him as a long term stick in the league because of his inability to move laterally. Being that he's 26, he'll only regress from an athletic standpoint from here on out.

And, in another thread, evidence of a previous broken foot has emerged. He's on the perfect team for milking his body for what it's worth with minute management, but big guys and their feet, hearts, knees, etc. Longevity is unlikely. I saw him in flip flops/ sandals in one picture, and made me a little upset they didn't have him in custom shoes, but what do I know.

ceperez
07-20-2015, 09:57 AM
And, in another thread, evidence of a previous broken foot has emerged. He's on the perfect team for milking his body for what it's worth with minute management, but big guys and their feet, hearts, knees, etc. Longevity is unlikely. I saw him in flip flops/ sandals in one picture, and made me a little upset they didn't have him in custom shoes, but what do I know.

In terms of longevity, I wold say Anderson without a doubt. Doesn't jump that high so he's going to be spared a lot of pounding.

Simmons body takes a lot of pounding, so it's hard to tell how long he can last.

Marjanovic, maybe he'll last as long as Yao Ming... but that is not very long. Although, some of these bigs last a long time, Kevin Willis played until he was 44.

r0drig0lac
07-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Kyle has a higher ceiling

SAGirl
07-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Anderson.

This is a good point. I had not considered it. Boban's limitations means he's a situational player meant to play against certain matchups. He has a niche. In that niche he could thrive. Pop is so good at asking guys to do what they do well. I like Anderson a lot and I think he would be so versatile as to play different styles and be a handful and a headache. He is so unorthodox in his style that it throws ppl off balance. Hopefully, he'll be around a lot longer and have the better career.

steeledl
01-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Simmons.

100%duncan
01-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Simmons.

SAGirl
01-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Great game by Simmons tonight.

bklynspursfan
01-04-2016, 10:33 PM
It's been Simmons more consistently this year. Both obviously play limited, but from the sample size, it's been Simmons.

He seems to make things happen more often than KA does, and his ability to collapse the D with his driving ability is a big plus. KA has the ability to be a better all around player probably, but I feel Simmons has earned the back up 3 role for the season

G-Dawgg
01-05-2016, 02:39 AM
Good thing Danny Green is starting to find his 3ball shot a bit lately or this thread would have been called 'Simmons or Green - Who is better?'

apalisoc_9
01-05-2016, 02:40 AM
Anderson needs to work on his three and take them. He is losing millions of dollars by passing up wide open jumpers.

Kawhitstorm
01-05-2016, 03:07 AM
Anderson needs to work on his three and take them. He is losing millions of dollars by passing up wide open jumpers.

Shaun Livingston rarely attempts 3s, if anything Kyle needs to work on his fadeaway & focus on defense.

Kawhitstorm
01-05-2016, 03:11 AM
Good thing Danny Green is starting to find his 3ball shot a bit lately or this thread would have been called 'Simmons or Green - Who is better?'

Danny has had ONE good 3 point shooting game in the past SIX game:lol, meanwhile Simmons has had 3 straight solid games.:toast

100%duncan
01-05-2016, 03:53 AM
Shaun livingston is also an athletic quick 6'7 pg despite his injury not to mention hes elite in the post. I dont really think you can compare the 2.

G-Dawgg
01-05-2016, 05:49 AM
Danny has had ONE good 3 point shooting game in the past SIX game:lol, meanwhile Simmons has had 3 straight solid games.:toast

True. I'm not sold that Danny has broken out of his slump yet either....

admiralsnackbar
01-05-2016, 06:19 AM
Shaun livingston is also an athletic quick 6'7 pg despite his injury not to mention hes elite in the post. I dont really think you can compare the 2. Are you suggesting we should get S Llivingston? What are you willing to give up for him?

ceperez
01-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Are you suggesting we should get S Llivingston? What are you willing to give up for him?

I wanted the Spurs to get Livingston after he proved what he could do with the Brooklyn Nets. However, I think Anderson plays the same kind of game as Livingston.

ceperez
01-05-2016, 06:45 AM

I agree with this. He missed another corner one against the Bucks. He absolutely needs that as part of his game.

admiralsnackbar
01-05-2016, 06:46 AM
That's cool, but my main question is what would you be willing to give up for him?

100%duncan
01-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Are you suggesting we should get S Llivingston? What are you willing to give up for him?

What im saying is ka is nowhere near being a shaun livingston player

ceperez
01-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Great piece from Pounding the rock on this very subject: http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/1/4/10337756/jonathon-simmons-fits-san-antonios-needs-better-than-kyle-anderson

Ice009
01-05-2016, 09:18 AM
I wanted the Spurs to get Livingston after he proved what he could do with the Brooklyn Nets. However, I think Anderson plays the same kind of game as Livingston.

I actually wanted Livingston too after his stint with the Nets. I wonder if the Spurs were interested?

steeledl
01-05-2016, 09:28 AM
That's cool, but my main question is what would you be willing to give up for him?

KA.

wildbill2u
01-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Anderson is proving that his slow defensive techniques may be better than I thought, probably due to his long reach. He sometimes catches up and is able to hinder the offensive player as he goes for the layup.

That being said, Simmons is getting a lot more minutes because he's faster, more athletic, and despite his lack of experience and mistakes, seems better on offense and defense. Even when his drives into defensive traffic fail, he can usually get a shooting foul called.

Both are passing up open 3s, but I lay that to rookie deferring to the vets as much as anything.

sasaint
01-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Great piece from Pounding the rock on this very subject: http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/1/4/10337756/jonathon-simmons-fits-san-antonios-needs-better-than-kyle-anderson

Very interesting article. Thanks for the link. I like both of these guys. I hope Kyle comes around and Simmons continues to grow. Their skills are so dissimilar that I think they might coexist in the post-Manu future. But I don't see Pop giving both guys burn at the same time in important game situations this season. Will he start to really tilt toward Simmons, or will Kyle get more time next game? Stay tuned.

steeledl
01-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Very interesting article. Thanks for the link. I like both of these guys. I hope Kyle comes around and Simmons continues to grow. Their skills are so dissimilar that I think they might coexist in the post-Manu future. But I don't see Pop giving both guys burn at the same time in important game situations this season. Will he start to really tilt toward Simmons, or will Kyle get more time next game? Stay tuned.

Simmons probably won't play next game tbh.... Pop always fucking with these guys heads and testing their toughness when they are young .

dabom
01-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Simmons 100%.

Anyone with an eye for talent knows Simmons has and will always be the better option.

DMC
01-05-2016, 10:04 PM
I'd take Anderson because he's more cerebral, but Simmons for his energy, athleticism and swag. They don't play the same role, but if I could keep only one with that Spurs team it would be Kyle.

houston spurs fan
01-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Anyone with an eye for talent knows Simmons has and will always be the better option.
Lol, fogot to log on and off. Agreeing with his own post

sasaint
01-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Simmons probably won't play next game tbh.... Pop always fucking with these guys heads and testing their toughness when they are young .

I really expect to see Kyle get the minutes next game. It's Pop's way of keeping egos in check. Simmons has a nice game and looks forward to making even more of a splash next game, maybe begins to feel a little entitled, expecting to solidify his position in the pecking order and among the fans, and BOOM! Pop says,"Not so fast! I call the shots, and I have other guys besides you that I want to play. Take a seat, and I'll get back with you." Bet we see Kyle.

dabom
01-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Lol, fogot to log on and off. Agreeing with his own post

I was bumping my old shit for reference faggot. :lmao

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 10:16 PM
The thread has no purpose but to pit two different guys who play on the same team, have basically grown or developed together since last season, and who can coexist together playing different spots against each other.

dabom
01-05-2016, 10:19 PM
The thread has no purpose but to pit two different guys who play on the same team, have basically grown or developed together since last season, and who can coexist together playing different spots against each other.

Well it is OP. :lol

houston spurs fan
01-05-2016, 10:22 PM
I was bumping my old shit for reference faggot. :lmao
Sure you were

steeledl
01-05-2016, 10:22 PM

Its not convenient to your agenda at the moment tbh. If i wasn't lazy I could dig through your post and find some with you "pitting them against each other".

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 10:24 PM
I really expect to see Kyle get the minutes next game. It's Pop's way of keeping egos in check. Simmons has a nice game and looks forward to making even more of a splash next game, maybe begins to feel a little entitled, expecting to solidify his position in the pecking order and among the fans, and BOOM! Pop says,"Not so fast! I call the shots, and I have other guys besides you that I want to play. Take a seat, and I'll get back with you." Bet we see Kyle.

It has to go beyond egos. Pop cares about these guys like they are his sons. It is one of the things that I admire so much about him. He may make me crazy with some decisions in games or what not, but there is no questioning his developing of young players. No other coaches are like that. I can't think of another coach who has been better developing young talent.
I expect Pop to prioritize Simmons later in the season, but in games he can spare to develop Kyle he will. You don't really want to have a cancerous situation and what builds chemistry ultimately is guys caring about each other's progress. Its a teaching moment for both guys.

That said, Kyle better take advantage of it.

dabom
01-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Sure you were

I bump my posts all the time faggot. I've done this many times before. :hat

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Its not convenient to your agenda at the moment tbh. If i wasn't lazy I could dig through your post and find some with you "pitting them against each other".
I have grown tired of it steele. You think I have an agenda but I really don't. People are entitled to like whoever they want. I like both guys, so for my sake of enjoying both guys play, I would rather not compare them. They are different kind of players, probably destined to play together, and when you think about it, have developed together in the dleague since last season.

They might be competing for spots or minutes this season, but ultimately they are teammates who will benefit from the play of each other, so I'd rather stay out of this dichotomy and just enjoy them play. I realize that some people would rather trade Kyle away or completely bench him, but it appears Pop has a plan that involves him so I think if that is others' hope they will be disappointed and have stated that.

I may make comments on their play, like I do of Danny's, Tony's other players in general, but I have no agenda against any Spurs.

sasaint
01-05-2016, 10:41 PM
It has to go beyond egos. Pop cares about these guys like they are his sons. It is one of the things that I admire so much about him. He may make me crazy with some decisions in games or what not, but there is no questioning his developing of young players. No other coaches are like that. I can't think of another coach who has been better developing young talent.
I expect Pop to prioritize Simmons later in the season, but in games he can spare to develop Kyle he will. You don't really want to have a cancerous situation and what builds chemistry ultimately is guys caring about each other's progress. Its a teaching moment for both guys.

That said, Kyle better take advantage of it.

Keeping egos in check IS preventing cancer. It is also the flip side of the coin to "empathy" which is what you were calling "caring about each other's progress." I think we are pretty much in violent agreement about what Pop is up to. Sometimes "tough love" is what dads do to develop sons' character.

steeledl
01-05-2016, 10:48 PM
I have grown tired of it steele. You think I have an agenda but I really don't. People are entitled to like whoever they want. I like both guys, so for my sake of enjoying both guys play, I would rather not compare them. They are different kind of players, probably destined to play together, and when you think about it, have developed together in the dleague since last season.

They might be competing for spots or minutes this season, but ultimately they are teammates who will benefit from the play of each other, so I'd rather stay out of this dichotomy and just enjoy them play. I realize that some people would rather trade Kyle away or completely bench him, but it appears Pop has a plan that involves him so I think if that is others' hope they will be disappointed and have stated that.

I may make comments on their play, like I do of Danny's, Tony's other players in general, but I have no agenda against any Spurs.

i sorry. I don't want to ruin your experience here.

steeledl
01-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Do you forgive me!?

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Keeping egos in check IS preventing cancer. It is also the flip side of the coin to "empathy" which is what you were calling "caring about each other's progress." I think we are pretty much in violent agreement about what Pop is up to. Sometimes "tough love" is what dads do to develop sons' character.

You have a point, specially if you view it as flipside.
Definitely managing egos is part of NBA coaching. Pop has managed that the best of many coaches too (but it also has to do with the character of the guys he brings in and he's said that.) Even then, the ocassional SJax of the world situation shows up. The leadership in the locker room is also so strong that any cancerous situation that shows up I bet gets nipped in the bud quickly. The value of that aspect of leadership the vets provide is probably extremely underrated and something we probably don't even comprehend, as there are some locker rooms in teh NBA that are very toxic (Rockets situation sound familiar?)

I think Pop said at one point that the selfish guy sits, minutes management are the best way to keep egos in check. Not that J.Simms is headed that way, but he's new and you never know. Ultimately I do think it is his spot this season, but he's not the only one of Pops "children". You are right that its better to train him in the way of the Spurs early than late. . . so yea, I guess you are right.

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 11:21 PM
i sorry. I don't want to ruin your experience here.
:bobo

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Do you forgive me!?
I think you are being sarcastic.. but I will take it humurously too.
For sure.. I do comment about a whole bunch of dudes. Will worship at the altar of Simmons in your honor.
:worthy::worthy:

steeledl
01-05-2016, 11:26 PM
hdokasvjasvj;lkasvjk;lascjvk;l ozcvk;lj

SAGirl
01-05-2016, 11:34 PM
haha half way sarcastic. But I also realized ive been a Dick and have been calling you out a lot lately so I felt bad. Don't wanna be one of those people who fuck the board up.
Alright you are right by me. cheers Steele

jehawk81
01-06-2016, 12:35 AM
^^
Get a room

SAGirl
01-06-2016, 01:18 AM
^^
Get a room
We have been bickering about these two for a month or more.

cutewizard
01-06-2016, 01:24 AM
Boban Marjanovic, best pure center in the NBA

cutewizard
01-06-2016, 01:25 AM
J Simmons, best attacking offguard in the NBA

cutewizard
01-06-2016, 01:26 AM
Kyle Anderson, best slow-moving point forward in the NBA, hahahahahahahaha

"MR ANDERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!"

ceperez
01-06-2016, 06:30 AM
I will have to change my verdict.

Anderson is better because he started at a devoted Spurs fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsOXd6jmMOc

Simmons was a Houston Rockets fan (don't know if he still is). He was still a fan even when he was with the Austin Spurs. :nope

now that was an easy conclusion! :lol

Spurs9
01-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Simmons easilly, tbh I've never really been a fan of Andersons.

gambit1990
01-06-2016, 12:50 PM
i'll take simmons.

Chinook
01-06-2016, 12:54 PM
I mean if you compared that video to the one of Anderson praising the Spurs to that group of little kids, it does seem like a clear victory for CoA.

SAGirl
01-06-2016, 02:45 PM
At this point ppl are like Simmons v. Anderson, but Anderson is a young unproven player still evolving, with no real role in the team other than growing up, developing and when he's playing focusing on defense and whatever the coach wants. He's also not a SG. Most people project him as a combo point forward. Danny is the one who has the defined role and has been giving up minutes to Simmons.

I have to think all the hate for Anderson is troll based.

At heart, since a young age, yes very much a spur admirer.

how can you not love this sense of humor:

and if you really want humorous fan takes:

Doesn't this move remind you exactly of Boris drives. Super slow mo or not, it was still 2 points.

Get it through your heads Kyle haters: Simmons and Anderson are meant to play together and be a tandem.

SAGirl
01-06-2016, 03:02 PM
and if you really were going to say, Boris is super athletic compared to Anderson... here he is relying on his craftiness rather than speed:

(By the way, yes I LOVE Boris!)

G-Dawgg
01-07-2016, 09:05 AM
In order for Kyle anderson to fully realize his potential, he has to refine his post up game. He is 6'9ft, 230 lbs with a 7'2.75ft wingspan. He's big enough to play the power forward position. He has the size advantage to post most small forwards in the game. He has to play more like Diaw. Diaw looks to put his backside on his defender everytime he has a size advantage and this opens up passing opportunities, or ends in him scoring in the post. Anderson needs to learn this and take advantage of his length and size.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-07-2016, 09:12 AM
In order for Kyle anderson to fully realize his potential, he has to refine his post up game. He is 6'9ft, 230 lbs. He has the size to post most small forwards in the game. He has to play more like Diaw. Diaw looks to put his backside on his defender everytime he has a dize advantage and this opens up passing opportunities, or ends in him scoring in the post. Anderson needs to learn this and take advantage of his length and size.

Well that's a role that people have been predicting for Kyle Anderson ever since he was drafted, but he's got a long way to go. He has to get stronger and refine his post moves. Would be great if he can do it but it'd certainly be unexpected for him to achieve this after his first NBA season. Took Boris more time too and he's naturally way more talented.

picnroll
01-07-2016, 09:25 AM
In order for Kyle anderson to fully realize his potential, he has to refine his post up game. He is 6'9ft, 230 lbs with a 7'2.75ft wingspan. He's big enough to play the power forward position. He has the size advantage to post most small forwards in the game. He has to play more like Diaw. Diaw looks to put his backside on his defender everytime he has a size advantage and this opens up passing opportunities, or ends in him scoring in the post. Anderson needs to learn this and take advantage of his length and size.
If Anderson wants to play with his back to the basket like Bobo he'll have to add about 20 lbs to his butt.

skulls138
01-07-2016, 02:13 PM
In order for Kyle anderson to fully realize his potential, he has to refine his post up game. He is 6'9ft, 230 lbs with a 7'2.75ft wingspan. He's big enough to play the power forward position. He has the size advantage to post most small forwards in the game. He has to play more like Diaw. Diaw looks to put his backside on his defender everytime he has a size advantage and this opens up passing opportunities, or ends in him scoring in the post. Anderson needs to learn this and take advantage of his length and size.I agree but think he knows it, question is will he be given the reigns to do it. Needs to keep practicing the three ball though more than anything.

ceperez
01-07-2016, 06:40 PM
I agree but think he knows it, question is will he be given the reigns to do it. Needs to keep practicing the three ball though more than anything.

Yup, I agree with the need for 3 ball practice. It is going to take him time to grow that butt.

SpursIndonesia
01-07-2016, 10:57 PM
In my eyes, Simmons is more SJacksonesque, a gun for hire, soldier of fortune type of guy, while Anderson is more Manuesque/Parkeresque, destined to be Spurs for life. I knew exactly which player i am more gravitated over, doesn't make me any more blind which player is the better performer/suitable role player for this team at this moment.

Obstructed_View
01-07-2016, 11:16 PM
Great thing is that they're both Spurs.

ceperez
01-07-2016, 11:26 PM
In my eyes, Simmons is more SJacksonesque, a gun for hire, soldier of fortune type of guy, while Anderson is more Manuesque/Parkeresque, destined to be Spurs for life. I knew exactly which player i am more gravitated over, doesn't make me any more blind which player is the better performer/suitable role player for this team at this moment.

I don't think Simmons has a personality like Steven Jackson. Maybe on the court he's got the air of confidence, but off court he sounds like a guy that is owning up to his responsibilities. He appears to have a good relationship with his mother. The fact that he was about to quit basketball for a regular job tells you about his sense of responsibility.

His story may be like Garry Neal who also went un-drafted. It is impressive that Spurs have picked up for their rookies this year two undrafted players (Simmons and Boban). 26 and 27 years old, these guys don't look like they are built like the typical skinny rookie.

In comparison, Anderson is the more conventional pick-up. Spurs know that it takes years for a NBA player to develop. They've done the same with Baynes. You want to see a player who has made constant improvement over time. That is the one thing in common with Baynes, Boban and Simmons. There is an obvious improvement in their game over time.

SAGirl
01-08-2016, 01:17 AM
It is tough to say or to project right now. Simmons is older with a game that relies on elite athleticism and will be 28 by the time his contract is up and he hasn't gotten paid. That contract will be his chance to get paid and may run until he's 32. He will need to cash in as big as he can so maybe our big acquisition in 2017 is going to be paying Simmons.

gambit1990
10-25-2016, 10:37 PM
i'll take simmons.

Silver&Black
10-25-2016, 10:39 PM
damn gambit. Don't pat yourself on the back too hard for that brillant Simmons over Anderson pick.

:lol I'll take the corpse of Bonner over Anderson

dabom
10-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Simmons 100%.

gambit1990
10-25-2016, 11:51 PM
BUMP

gambit1990
10-26-2016, 12:02 AM
sagirl said kyle was nba proven.

ViceCity86
10-26-2016, 12:03 AM
:lmao

steeledl
05-06-2017, 12:02 AM
Tbh?

Been gone a while, is SAgirl still around? Looking for her take.

SAGirl
05-06-2017, 12:04 AM
:lol I thought you were dead nicca. I been around all season and you went missing?
glad Simmons is having a great postseason though :tu

Nathan89
05-06-2017, 12:05 AM
Tbh?

Been gone a while, is SAgirl still around? Looking for her take.:lol

steeledl
05-06-2017, 12:05 AM
Meh, live in Vegas. Work a lot. Girlfriend. Hard to stay on forums on the reg. I just lurk from time to time.

Do you still believe in Anderson thoughhhhh

steeledl
05-06-2017, 12:06 AM

I got 9 days off this month. Come to Vegas.

Nathan89
05-06-2017, 12:07 AM
I got 9 days off this month. Come to Vegas.

I'll consider it tbh

SAGirl
05-06-2017, 12:09 AM
Meh, live in Vegas. Work a lot. Girlfriend. Hard to stay on forums on the reg. I just lurk from time to time.

Do you still believe in Anderson thoughhhhh
Yea i do, but probably needs a change of scenery. He had a few good games in the season, just doesn't get enough chances at this point.