PDA

View Full Version : Amtrack offered trains for N.O.

Vashner
09-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Amtrack offered trains for N.O. before the storm.

The local government told them no thanks....

The Ressurrected One
09-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Amtrack offered trains for N.O. before the storm.

The local government told them no thanks....
Wow, can you source that?

If true, it's really starting to look like Blanco had some kind of "final solution" in mind for the poor blacks in the 9th ward, eh?

MiNuS
09-13-2005, 03:00 PM
is that a joke! ?

SpursWoman
09-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Wow, can you source that?

Seriously? (!)

Jelly
09-13-2005, 03:03 PM
According to Nagin, this is totally untrue. He was asked about this by Blitzer or Russert and he said no one ever contacted him about it, but he would have liked to have gotten such a call.

Vashner
09-13-2005, 03:04 PM
As far as who told them not to come.. that I don't know.. still waiting for some more news on it.

Vashner
09-13-2005, 03:04 PM
According to Nagin, this is totally untrue. He was asked about this by Blitzer or Russert and he said no one ever contacted him about it, but he would have liked to have gotten such a call. I think they called the states dept homeland sec. (The LA one not D.C.)

whottt
09-13-2005, 03:06 PM
"...While the last regularly scheduled train out of town had left a few hours earlier, Amtrak had decided to run a 'dead-head' train that evening to move equipment out of the city. It was headed for high ground in Macomb, Miss., and it had room for several hundred passengers. 'We offered the city the opportunity to take evacuees out of harm's way,' said Amtrak spokesman Cliff Black. "'The city declined.'"

Link:http://www.louisianaweekly.com/weekly/news/articlegate.pl?20050912g

Old news...

Jelly
09-13-2005, 03:06 PM
I think they called the states dept homeland sec. (The LA one not D.C.)

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if this was another Blanco screw-up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-13-2005, 03:08 PM
I heard this on the radio this morning listening to WWL on the way to a client site out here in Houston.

They said that the call was put in from Amtrak to Louisiana's Department of Homeland Security (under Gov. Blanco's oversight). The word was never passed on to Mayor Nagin.

But hey, Gov. Blanco says it's all W.'s fault all these people died, and she's a Democrat, so she must be right

whottt
09-13-2005, 03:08 PM
And before anyone criticizes the source...Louisiana Weekly is an African American Weekly Newspaper...

Useruser666
09-13-2005, 03:10 PM
And before anyone criticizes the source...Louisiana Weekly is an African American Weekly Newspaper...

Uncle Tom paper!!!

whottt
09-13-2005, 03:12 PM
I heard this on the radio this morning listening to WWL on the way to a client site out here in Houston.

They said that the call was put in from Amtrak to Louisiana's Department of Homeland Security (under Gov. Blanco's oversight). The word was never passed on to Mayor Nagin.

But hey, Gov. Blanco says it's all W.'s fault all these people died, and she's a Democrat, so she must be right

It was Nagin's job to oversee the evacuation...the idea might have crossed his mind...

Bet on the fact that Nagin was out of the loop...the idiot didn't even allow for his cops to feed themselves or assure the safety of their families.

It was his cops 500 of which quit...that's not on the Govenor...that's on the Mayor. Don't give him a free pass...he's the worst leader in all of this.

I said this weeks ago...the African American leaders in NO that aren't Jesse Jackson partisan whores are going to tear Nagin a new one. He's going to wish attempted CIA assassinations were the biggest problem he had...

The Ressurrected One
09-13-2005, 03:12 PM
is that a joke! ?
Well hell, she turned back the Red Cross. Nagen drowned the busses and didn't roll the metro. Now, possibly, they refused an offer from Amtrack?

If true, what would you -- as a black person from the 9th Ward -- suspect? I know, but..but..but..she's a democrat

Jelly
09-13-2005, 03:35 PM
more State level indifference and incompetence...

"State officials also are being blamed for turning back assistance during the critical first few days. Sheriff Steve Simpson, of Loudon County, Virginia, sent 22 deputies with supplies and 14 vehicles, including four all-terrain vehicles. But he called them back when Louisiana state police officials waved him off.

"I said, 'What if we just show up?' and he says, 'You probably won't get in," Simpson told CNN. Later that night, Blanco cleared legal hurdles that would have allowed local officials to accept the help, but no one ever got back to Simpson.

"I'm very frustrated, trying to figure out what went wrong in that process," Simpson said"

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/13/katrina.response/

SWC Bonfire
09-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Well, they would have derailed and crashed anyway.

They sent a train for the people in the 1935 Labor Day hurricane as well. It got blown off the tracks.

The storm formed east of the Bahamas in late August and traveled due west through the islands. It then began a gentle turn to the northwest and headed straight for Islamorada in the Upper Keys, where it struck on Labor Day, Monday, September 2 around 8 p.m. The winds at landfall are thought to have reached 200 mph (320 km/h), and the central pressure was reported as low as 26.35 inches of mercury (892 hPa). This was the record low pressure for the Western Hemisphere until it was surpassed by Hurricane Gilbert in 1988.

The main transportation route linking the Florida Keys to mainland Florida was a single railroad line, the Florida Overseas Railroad portion of the Florida East Coast Railway. A 10-car evacuation train sent down from Homestead was washed off the track by storm surge and high winds on Lower Matecumbe Key. The train was supposed to rescue a group of World War I veterans, who, as part of a government relief program, were building a new road bridge in the Upper Keys. The train did not reach the waiting veterans before the storm did.

In total, at least 423 people (164 residents and 259 veterans employed on the road project)(1) were killed by the hurricane. Bodies were recovered as far away as Flamingo and Cape Sable on the southwest tip of the Florida mainland. In a lucky coincidence, about 350 of the 718 veterans living in the Keys work camps were in Miami to attend a Labor Day baseball game when the storm hit.(2) If not for this outing, many more of the men, whose barracks in the Keys were flimsy shacks, might have been killed by the storm.

After striking the Keys, the hurricane continued up the west coast of Florida and landed again on the Florida Panhandle as a category 2 hurricane on September 4. It then passed over Georgia (where it continued to cause wind and flood damage), South Carolina, North Carolina and emerged back into the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Virginia. The storm then continued until it became extratropical south of Greenland on September 10th.

SWC Bonfire
09-13-2005, 03:41 PM
http://www.keyshistory.org/hurr35relieftrain1.jpg

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 03:46 PM
This is a rumor with little basis in fact. Mayor Nagin insisted in an interview on Meet the Press that he never got a call from Amtrak officials willing to help. In fact, when he check on availability, all the raillines were occupied until October.

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 03:49 PM
It was Nagin's job to oversee the evacuation...the idea might have crossed his mind...

Wrong, this was the FEDS baby when both the Governer and the Mayor Declared State of Emergencies on Saturday Aug27th. It was the FEDS reponsibility to step in and coordinate evacuation efforts at that point. The Governor did not have to ask for help.

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 03:52 PM
more State level indifference and incompetence...

"State officials also are being blamed for turning back assistance during the critical first few days. Sheriff Steve Simpson, of Loudon County, Virginia, sent 22 deputies with supplies and 14 vehicles, including four all-terrain vehicles. But he called them back when Louisiana state police officials waved him off.

"I said, 'What if we just show up?' and he says, 'You probably won't get in," Simpson told CNN. Later that night, Blanco cleared legal hurdles that would have allowed local officials to accept the help, but no one ever got back to Simpson.

"I'm very frustrated, trying to figure out what went wrong in that process," Simpson said"

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/13/katrina.response/

It was FEMA turning back offers from local officials to help not the State Police.

mookie2001
09-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Wrong, this was the FEDS baby when both the Governer and the Mayor Declared State of Emergencies on Saturday Aug27th. It was the FEDS reponsibility to step in and coordinate evacuation efforts at that point. The Governor did not have to ask for help.
scoffed you with knowledge

Jelly
09-13-2005, 03:58 PM
scoffed you with knowledge

:rolleyes
uh...no he didn't mookie. This dispute has been covered plenty of times and Dan lost the debate. Yet he keeps hammering on the same points that have been disproven over and over again.

Your buddy Dan is the one who has been "scoffed with knowledge"

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 04:11 PM
:rolleyes
uh...no he didn't mookie. This dispute has been covered plenty of times and Dan lost the debate. Yet he keeps hammering on the same points that have been disproven over and over again.

Your buddy Dan is the one who has been "scoffed with knowledge"

:wtf

I miss have missed that post, because nobody in this forum has come close to proving that the State and Local officials had complete sovereignty over this crisis. What I have seen is that the FEDS neglected to inform Governor Blanco as to its formal procedures in asking for federalizing of the NG and in the evacuation, planning and search and rescue phases

mookie2001
09-13-2005, 04:13 PM
well he scoffed whottt
but who doesnt

whottt
09-13-2005, 04:28 PM
He didn't scoff shit choade and I don't like the cut of your jib...now that we have the prerequisite(for a pukie dialogue) stupidity out of the way...

Dan doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about...in fact this is just the latest in a long series of contradictions he has committed in an attempt to place blame...I can direct you to a link where Dan criticizes the President for not seizing authority from the Govenor...

Would you like that link?

whottt
09-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Ignorance of the Constitution and States rights VS the Fed does not constitute a scoffing.

whottt
09-13-2005, 04:31 PM
:wtf

I miss have missed that post, because nobody in this forum has come close to proving that the State and Local officials had complete sovereignty over this crisis. What I have seen is that the FEDS neglected to inform Governor Blanco as to its formal procedures in asking for federalizing of the NG and in the evacuation, planning and search and rescue phases

Um...first of all with regards to what FEMA did or didn't allow...heretofore all those accusations were made before the regular military was even in the State...even though this hasn't been cleared up...if it was the Louisiana Guard that turned them back...it is something that might have been attributed to the Fed just on the basis of it being a military operation...when in fact it was under the control of the State of Louisiana.

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Ignorance of the Constitution and States rights VS the Fed does not constitute a scoffing.

Then show me where this was a states rights issue Whott. I have showed you why it was the FEDS responsibility. If you wanna act like the Homeland Security Department never existed before Katrina you go right ahead.

whottt
09-13-2005, 04:34 PM
From the office of the Louisiana Attorney General:

Louisiana’s attorney general) said State law “clearly gives the mayor the authority to ‘direct and compel the evacuation of all or part of the population from any stricken or threatened area.’” Wartelle added: “They’re not confused about it. He had the authority to do it.” Either Nagin lied or he didn’t know. Neither speaks well to his expertise

As for the Govenor's authority...holy shit...she's in charge of it right now, still, do you really need a link to this?

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Um...first of all with regards to what FEMA did or didn't allow...heretofore all those accusations were made before the regular military was even in the State...even though this hasn't been cleared up...if it was the Louisiana Guard that turned them back...it is something that might have been attributed to the Fed just on the basis of it being a military operation...when in fact it was under the control of the State of Louisiana.

Then show me a link were its not just CNN, or Wolfe Blitzer doing a opt piece on this matter, and I'll show you 10 that say it was FEMA turning away local assistance

whottt
09-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Then show me where this was a states rights issue Whott.

It's called the Consitution of the Unites State of America...The Federal Govenrment has no power over the States other than those granted to it in the Constitution.

So what you need to do...is show me the section of the Constitution that allowes the President's authority to Supercede that of the local and state governments...

Such measure do exist, under extremely extenuating circumstances...none of which were enacted. At least with regards to serving as law enforcement within the state. And I'd argue that in some cases it's not even possible for some of those measure to be enacted in the State of Louisiana.

I have showed you why it was the FEDS responsibility. If you wanna act like the Homeland Security Department never existed before Katrina you go right ahead.

You haven't shown me why it's the Fed responsiblity...you have shown me that that you don't even understand what the word Federalism means...

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 04:38 PM
From the office of the Louisiana Attorney General:

As for the Govenor's authority...holy shit...she's in charge of it right now, still, do you really need a link to this?

Don't act like a fool, whott. We've been through this time and time again. The FEDS should have federalized this crisis two weeks ago, but they didn't and after the fact, when W tried to pass the blame for this fiasco to Blanco, of course she balked.

whottt
09-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Then show me a link were its not just CNN, or Wolfe Blitzer doing a opt piece on this matter, and I'll show you 10 that say it was FEMA turning away local assistance

None of which have been verified....I am not claiming I know the answer to who turned who away in that particular instance...all I know is that if it was indeed the Guard that did it...than they were acting under the Orders of the Govenor...not FEMA....FEMA has no authority over the Louisiana Guard.

whottt
09-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Don't act like a fool, whott. We've been through this time and time again. The FEDS should have federalized this crisis two weeks ago, but they didn't and after the fact, when W tried to pass the blame for this fiasco to Blanco, of course she balked.

And therefore the FED was not in control of the situation...thank you very much...you have now kicked your own ass.

And just to be clear on this...Federalizing the Guard would not necessarily have given them the authority to serve as Law Enforcement....

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Functions of Federal coordinating officer

In order to effectuate the purposes of this Act, the Federal coordinating officer, within the affected area, shall--

Quote:

1. make an initial appraisal of the types of relief most urgently needed;
2. establish such field offices as he deems necessary and as are authorized by the President;
3. coordinate the administration of relief, including activities of the State and local governments, the American National Red Cross, the Salvation Army, the Mennonite Disaster Service, and other relief or disaster assistance organizations, which agree to operate under his advice or direction, except that nothing contained in this Act shall limit or in any way affect the responsibilities of the American National Red Cross under the Act of January 5, 1905, as amended (33 Stat. 599) <36 U.S.C. §§ 1 et seq.>; and;
4. take such other action, consistent with authority delegated to him by the President, and consistent with the provisions of this Act, as he may deem necessary to assist local citizens and public officials in promptly obtaining assistance to which they are entitled.;
5. State coordinating officer When the President determines assistance under this Act is necessary, he shall request that the Governor of the affected State designate a State coordinating officer for the purpose of coordinating State and local disaster assistance efforts with those of the Federal Government.

It's #4 right there, the requirement to "assist local citizens and public officials in promptly obtaining assistance to which they are entitled," that places any blame the White House is trying to shift to Blanco squarely back on them. The federal government has advisory responsibilities under the Stafford Act. The "it's her fault because she didn't ask" excuse ignores the law.

Section 402 of the Stafford Act also states that the President may "provide techical and advisory assistance to affected State and local governments."

whottt
09-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Assistance being the key word...Assistance...Assistance...

Yeah you can fault FEMA and the FED for not knowing the magnitude of the diaster...but you must also place that blame on State and Local Governments and their own EPO...in fact they deserve a greater portion of that blame...because it is their own backyard...not the FEDS.

Who is supposed to have a greater knowledge of New Orleans and Louisiana? The FED? Or the those governments? Who is supposed to have a greater knowledge of your personal life Dan? You? Or the Fed?

If the State and Local Authorities were incapable of adequately ascertaining the magnitude of the Storm how the hell is the FED supposed to do it better?

The FED is not the Government of the State of Louisiana and the City of New Orleans.

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 04:50 PM
We can argue semantics all day, but the fact remains the same. The FEDS, some say purposely, neglected their responsibility by not informing Governor Blanco of her rights under the Stafford Act to be coach by public officials on the proper procedures to obtaining FED assistance.

whottt
09-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Louisiana Att General is charging the owners of a nursing home with involuntary manslaughter...

It's W's fault.

whottt
09-13-2005, 04:55 PM
We can argue semantics all day, but the fact remains the same. The FEDS, some say purposely, neglected their responsibility by not informing Governor Blanco of her rights under the Stafford Act to be coach by public officials on the proper procedures to obtaining FED assistance.

Ok...so blame the Fed because Blanco and Nagin are shitty, ignorant, and incompetent leaders and they left them in charge and honored the intent of the constitution...

I agree with you on that point...the Fed left a bunch of fuckups in charge...and it contributed greatly to this disaster.

But the point of this argument...is whether or not the Fed was or is totally in charge of this operation...and they aren't.

SpursWoman
09-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Louisiana Att General is charging the owners of a nursing home with involuntary manslaughter...

Fuck those motherfuckers....out of all of the human atrocities I've heard so far, that one is in the top 2 that upset me the most. I hope they fry. :flipoff

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-13-2005, 05:08 PM
This is a rumor with little basis in fact. Mayor Nagin insisted in an interview on Meet the Press that he never got a call from Amtrak officials willing to help. In fact, when he check on availability, all the raillines were occupied until October.

You are such a dumbass. It's been covered here, the offer was extended to the department of La. Homeland Security, an office that is run under Gov. Blanco's command.

The offer was never passed on to the mayor.

In fact, when he check on availability, all the raillines were occupied until October.

The last Amtrack train rolled out of NO at 2 PM Sunday afternoon. That left a good 8 hours before the weather deteriorated that they could have used the lines.

Haha, Dan talking about "rumors with little basis of fact." That description covers your entire history of posts on this forum.

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Ok...so blame the Fed because Blanco and Nagin are shitty, ignorant, and incompetent leaders and they left them in charge and honored the intent of the constitution...

I agree with you on that point...the Fed left a bunch of fuckups in charge...and it contributed greatly to this disaster.

But the point of this argument...is whether or not the Fed was or is totally in charge of this operation...and they aren't.

Blaming the local officials for this is like blaming a 2 year old because his parents fucked up. The FEDS were the only entity that had the resources to deal with a disaster of this magnitude.

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 05:10 PM
You are such a dumbass. It's been covered here, the offer was extended to the department of La. Homeland Security, an office that is run under Gov. Blanco's command.

The offer was never passed on to the mayor.

The last Amtrack train rolled out of NO at 2 PM Sunday afternoon. That left a good 8 hours before the weather deteriorated that they could have used the lines.

Haha, Dan talking about "rumors with little basis of fact." That description covers your entire history of posts on this forum.

Only a moran would try and disprove a rumor with other rumors.

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Fuck those motherfuckers....out of all of the human atrocities I've heard so far, that one is in the top 2 that upset me the most. I hope they fry. :flipoff

Calm down SW, remember, there's plenty of blame to go around.

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 05:16 PM
As long as we're busy pointing fingers and charging people with crimes, What about the crimes that led to the nightmare at the Superdome?

From part 2:

"The special needs area mainly contained people from local nursing homes. They included people who were wheelchair bound, delusional, diabetic and who had a wide range of other ailments and complications. Some were in an unresponsive vegetative-like state, while others needed constant oxygen supply and took wild, frightful gasps. Tuesday, when I came across the section, there were about 80 special needs persons. There were four health care providers who were quite literally overwhelmed with the situation.

I decided to help out and began taking orders from the health care professionals. There was a lot of confusion about how to assist the "patients," especially the unresponsive ones, as many were simply dumped at the Superdome and we did not know their names or care orders.

The people in the special needs section were given priority when evacuations from the Superdome first started. By Tuesday evening, all but 30 immobile special needs persons remained, and they were laid out on military issued cots.

Two highly dedicated and deeply concerned military nurses remained with the patients that evening. They told me something that sent shivers down my spine. They very somberly said they wanted to help me. So they informed me that after midnight, the generators were expected to fail and plunge the Superdome into unannounced pitch darkness. They added when that happened, the soldiers would withdraw because they would be incapable of maintaining order or defending themselves. The nurses urged me to find a hiding place inside the stadium or to head out in the waist-deep water that surrounded the Superdome and seek shelter elsewhere. That night, I kept pacing between the special needs area and the small concourse outside the Superdome. "

Link (http://www.idsnews.com/subsite/story.php?id=30939)

Vashner
09-13-2005, 05:19 PM
They city and state didn't want food and water into the dome. I am sure some charges will be filed against the gov and mayor and people at the state DHS office.

Vashner
09-13-2005, 05:19 PM

Translated from cry baby to Texan = I am giong to derail this thread cause I am loosing let's bash Bush yea!

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Only a moron would screw up the spelling of moron.

It's not a rumor, it's been reported numerous places. I don't see you linking your "he checked, the railways were booked for months" BS, but that doesn't stop you from claiming it as so.

Gotta love it. Liberal playbook 101: when punked in an argument, kick and scream about the source of the rebuttal, meanwhile claiming your own "facts" without even a hint of a source for them.

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Only a moron would screw up the spelling of moron.

It's not a rumor, it's been reported numerous places. I don't see you linking your "he checked, the railways were booked for months" BS, but that doesn't stop you from claiming it as so.

Gotta love it. Liberal playbook 101: when punked in an argument, kick and scream about the source of the rebuttal, meanwhile claiming your own "facts" without even a hint of a source for them.

My source is Mayor Nagin himself. If you care to look over the transcript from this week's Meet the Press I'm sure you will be plenty satisfied. What is your source again?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-13-2005, 05:25 PM
WWLTV radio this morning, and it has already also been linked in this thread.

Until I see you prove otherwise, what I heard on the radio is just as legit as what you saw on Meet the Press.

And again, the story this morning was that the state screwed up the Amtrak situation, do you need a diagram on that one? No comprende?

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 05:26 PM
They city and state didn't want food and water into the dome. I am sure some charges will be filed against the gov and mayor and people at the state DHS office.

I'm sure that they look forward to the day they can publicly defending their reputations, but can the Bush Administration handle another credibility crisis?

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 05:28 PM
WWLTV radio this morning, and it has already also been linked in this thread.

Until I see you prove otherwise, what I heard on the radio is just as legit as what you saw on Meet the Press.

And again, the story this morning was that the state screwed up the Amtrak situation, do you need a diagram on that one? No comprende?

Why is the State at fault? Because, you contend Homeland Security never informed the Mayor?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Are you this stupid?

The state homeland security department was offered use of the Amtrak trains. They declined, and didn't share it with the mayor. Don't be so dense. Consider some of the truly conspiratorial leaps of faiths you come up with on this site, you've got to be able to make the connection between that fact and why I say the state is at fault.

I don't have to "contend" anything, quit being such a prick. It's been cited in multiple places (considering WWL-TV/radio has been running point as the La. news information source leading up to and in the aftermath of the disaster, I'd say they're credible).

I love your spin though, you've gotta be dizzier than an 8 year old on a merry-go-round by now from all of it, and that's just on page 2 of this thread :lol

Vashner
09-13-2005, 05:33 PM
For not it's just speculation... I just posted so we could discuss for fun.. but till an investigation is complete let's wait and see.

hussker
09-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Personally, I love the references to the 1935 derailment due to the storm. I guess our intel on these storms and their tracks have not changed substantially enough to warrant a train 70 years later. I am sure that a very rapid Risk Assessment would have been to bring the trains, by a competent set of local and state officials.

Vashner
09-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Airplanes too.. you can shove 400 on 747 - 400 etc..

You know what's wierd? They had people getting off c5a that had guns...

Would Bush of been blamed if a C5 was taken over and say crashed into downtown San Antonio? For like breaking rules on search before boarding to get people out..

Just that alone could of killed far more people than 911 or Katrina.

The Ressurrected One
09-13-2005, 06:01 PM
This infers two things; 1) Governor Blanco, unlike the other 49 Governors in this country has no staff attorneys, no attorney general, and no emergency management coordinator, and 2) that, even in light of all her other refusals for federal assistance leading up to landfall, she would have accepted federal assistance in determining what her "rights under the Stafford Act" are.

j-6
09-13-2005, 06:21 PM
This infers two things; 1) Governor Blanco, unlike the other 49 Governors in this country has no staff attorneys, no attorney general, and no emergency management coordinator, and 2) that, even in light of all her other refusals for federal assistance leading up to landfall, she would have accepted federal assistance in determining what her "rights under the Stafford Act" are.

Charles C. Foti, Jr., Louisiana Attorney General
http://www.ag.state.la.us/

Louisiana Office of Emergency Preparedness (DHS)
http://www.ohsep.louisiana.gov/
Major General Bennett C. Landreneau, Director - http://www.ohsep.louisiana.gov/hlspersonnel/landreneaubio.htm

Wonder if Blanco's going to throw them under the bus?

hussker
09-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Charles C. Foti, Jr., Louisiana Attorney General
http://www.ag.state.la.us/

Louisiana Office of Emergency Preparedness (DHS)
http://www.ohsep.louisiana.gov/
Major General Bennett C. Landreneau, Director - http://www.ohsep.louisiana.gov/hlspersonnel/landreneaubio.htm

I am sure they have SCUBA gear in case she wants to...Ahhhh...All those buses...

SpursWoman
09-13-2005, 06:28 PM

The ones still under water?

*rimshot*

Hook Dem
09-13-2005, 07:43 PM
He didn't scoff shit choade and I don't like the cut of your jib...now that we have the prerequisite(for a pukie dialogue) stupidity out of the way...

Dan doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about...in fact this is just the latest in a long series of contradictions he has committed in an attempt to place blame...I can direct you to a link where Dan criticizes the President for not seizing authority from the Govenor...

Would you like that link?
And there are those who accuse us of "blindly following our leader". Mookie is displaying this by blindly following Dan and his pack of lies supported by lack of knowledge. Dan doesn't know half as much as he would have you believe.

Nbadan
09-13-2005, 09:25 PM
hey shitface the president said it was his fault......please shut the fuck up.

if the president says he's to blame.....that its....end of arguement. asshole.

Gezzz, somebody's got their panties all in a wad. Of course W said he was wrong, this way when a long, expensive, drawnout, independent investigation finds that the FEDS failed to act under the Stafford act, W can turn around and say, "See, I told ya we were wrong!'

hussker
09-13-2005, 09:35 PM
hey shitface the president said it was his fault......please shut the fuck up.

if the president says he's to blame.....that its....end of arguement. asshole.

Actually, per the AP:

"Bush on Tuesday accepted responsibility for failures in the government's response to Katrina and admitted "serious problems" with the handling of the response to the storm that struck the Gulf Coast more than two weeks ago.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government," Bush said at joint White House news conference with the president of Iraq.

"To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Bush said."

He does not absolve the local and state governmental officials as some might have you believe. Actually, it is a fine PR move and a proactive move that certainly demands reactivity from the Local and State Gov't officials along the Gulf Coast.

As they say on the Guinness commercials, "BRILLIANT!"

And I am still non partisan.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-13-2005, 09:54 PM
He does not absolve the local and state governmental officials as some might have you believe.

The only people who believed that were NBAdallah and croutons.