PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Biggest disappointing/surprise teams relative to expectations next season?

spursistan
07-17-2015, 09:40 PM
Disappointment Teams Potential:

East: Heat or Bulls, and maybe even Atlanta..
West: OKC (new coach and too many injury red flags with franchise player probably never going to be the same again)

Surprise Teams Potential:

East: Bucks..
West: Utah or Pelicans getting to 4th/5th seed territory over MEM or Houston

Thread
07-17-2015, 09:53 PM
Let's face it:::should the Spurs somehow not get their 6th everything will be just fine.

You guys never have to pay. Sure, here, but, that's it, Ft. Pitt.

JakeCuenca
07-17-2015, 10:16 PM
I don't know why anyone would count the Bulls as disappointment team...:lol

Disappointment team potential

East Heat

West

Spurs

Surprise team potential

East

Atlanta finishing 1st seed again

West

Jazz or Pels fighting for Home Court

HarlemHeat37
07-17-2015, 10:32 PM
I don't consider the Bulls to be a potential disappointment, because I expect them to be a 6-8 seed and 1st round exit, but ya, if we're considering their perennial over-hype from fans and mainstream media based on the names on their roster(rather than their actual, current abilities), I suppose they could be considered a potential disappointment:lol..

Disappointment
East: Miami
West: Clippers

Surprise
East: Indiana
West: Utah

spursistan
07-17-2015, 10:40 PM
I don't consider the Bulls to be a potential disappointment, because I expect them to be a 6-8 seed and 1st round exit,but ya, if we're considering their perennial over-hype from fans and mainstream media based on the names on their roster(rather than their actual, current abilities), I suppose they could be considered a potential disappointment:lol..

Disappointment
East: Miami
West: Clippers

Surprise
East: Indiana
West: Utah
To be fair even new media types like Zach Lowe got caught in the bit of hype..Here is in his 2014-2015 season preview he has them just on the outside looking of title contention in a tier by their own..But i agree with you, everyone should be disabused of anything remotely closeto that by now..

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-rankings-san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-clippers-oklahoma-city-thunder-cleveland-cavaliers/

JakeCuenca
07-17-2015, 10:43 PM
The Bulls have been "contenders" since 2009 and yet they can't even make it to the finals of a really really shitty east. :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-17-2015, 10:46 PM
Bulls are a very poorly built team with no identity, tbh..

They went from a defensive-minded team with an elite defense, but killed by an underwhelming offense..

This past season, they became an above average offense with a slightly above average defense, which is a poor balance if you're trying to contend..they won't be able to become an elite defense again with Rose, Dunleavy and Gasol starting, along with Butler's defensive decline due to increased offensive load, but they won't be good enough on offense with a liability like Noah starting and still running offense through the inefficient, unreliable Rose..

Realistically, they aren't going anywhere until they cut ties with Rose as a franchise player, but they won't because of his influence in the city, tbh..

spursistan
07-17-2015, 10:47 PM
I think the Bulls miss the Playoffs in the West :lol..