PDA

View Full Version : The often dismissed Cory Joseph dunk over ibaka

Kikoluna
07-17-2015, 11:01 PM
First of all, I am glad to finally post after a year or two of trying to register. As I wait for opening day, I am sitting here just brainstorming about the off season moves, I cannot help but worry about Cory Joseph leaving. My most vivid memory of him will always be the defiant dunk over ibaka and the emotional and psychological awakening it brought. As I saw that dunk, all of us had that epiphany or predator moment. ..If it bleeds we can kill it. Now that his relentless defense is gone, who will defend the annoying cp3? Surely not our overweight point guard or patty mills (love patty but defense is not his strength). The glamorous addition of Aldridge and west can

Mr. Body
07-17-2015, 11:02 PM
Awesome. I love the unfinished sentence.

exstatic
07-17-2015, 11:02 PM
Somebody's Parker hating troll got approved, I see.

Kikoluna
07-17-2015, 11:03 PM
Blind us from our point guard situation and the significance of Joseph leaving.

exstatic
07-17-2015, 11:05 PM
Dude, you're like really late to the party. There are already 3487 Parker hating trolls here. It's not fresh any more.

Astray
07-17-2015, 11:05 PM
who will defend the annoying cp3?

Danny Green and Kawhi, like always.

ElNono
07-17-2015, 11:06 PM
First of all, I am glad to finally post after a year or two of trying to register. As I wait for opening day, I am sitting here just brainstorming about the off season moves, I cannot help but worry about Cory Joseph leaving. My most vivid memory of him will always be the defiant dunk over ibaka and the emotional and psychological awakening it brought. As I saw that dunk, all of us had that epiphany or predator moment. ..If it bleeds we can kill it. Now that his relentless defense is gone, who will defend the annoying cp3? Surely not our overweight point guard or patty mills (love patty but defense is not his strength). The glamorous addition of Aldridge and west can

sup Arturito

Kikoluna
07-17-2015, 11:09 PM
That makes sense, but for some insane reason Leonard was hardly on cp3.

Kikoluna
07-17-2015, 11:10 PM
sup Arturito

Not arturito, I have a cousin named arturito though. Lives in San ta catarina, Nuevo Leon though.

Mikeanaro
07-17-2015, 11:13 PM
OP is not a faggot.

thousandth
07-17-2015, 11:25 PM
Dude, you're like really late to the party. There are already 3487 Parker hating trolls here. It's not fresh any more.

Tony has gained more haters than fans in the last years :(:(:(:(

I wonder why so many people dislike him? :(:(:(:(

Poor Tony :(:(:(:(

dabom
07-17-2015, 11:27 PM
OP is not a faggot.

dabom
07-17-2015, 11:27 PM
Tony has gained more haters than fans in the last years :(:(:(:(

I wonder why so many people dislike him? :(:(:(:(

Poor Tony :(:(:(:(

:lol

cd98
07-17-2015, 11:40 PM
Did someone cut the mic?

tmtcsc
07-18-2015, 12:09 AM
This thread flamed out with the title tbh. I don't know anyone who dismissed the CoJo dunk on Ibaka. It was a great play and showed some fight but lets not go crazy over it. The Spurs were resolved to set shit straight when they got back home. They never lost another game in the series.

KaiRMD1
07-18-2015, 12:27 AM

No no no, not Kawhi, just Danny but as is customary, Pop will take out Danny when one mistake is made by the old sport

Vokun
07-18-2015, 12:44 AM
OP is boss

Biernutz
07-18-2015, 01:06 AM
I hate to see Cory go. He was always ready,his head was in the game and
when he started to make runs at the basket was just what we needed to
break out of a funk........

Clipper Nation
07-18-2015, 01:33 AM
OP, you have great basketball takes. Ignore exstatic, he's a faggot who actually thinks Jeff Ayres is a good basketball player.

Joseph Kony
07-18-2015, 01:35 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/375/421/fa3.gif

Sean Cagney
07-18-2015, 01:46 AM
OP, you have great basketball takes. Ignore exstatic, he's a faggot who actually thinks Jeff Ayres is a good basketball player.

Jeff Ayres good? I have never in my life saw anyone say that dude was even remotely serviceable. I thought someone saying Bonner was good was bad but Ayres is a whole different level of bad.

TXstbobcat
07-18-2015, 01:48 AM
I would like have seen Cojo stay with the Spurs but Toronto offered him a giant contract that the Spurs wouldn't have even come close to matching and a lot more playing time than he was getting with the Spurs.

Joseph Kony
07-18-2015, 01:49 AM
:lol Errors. Dude was probably the worst big Spurs have had in awhile. Francisco Elson was prime Hakeem in comparison

Mikeanaro
07-18-2015, 01:50 AM
Jeff Ayres good? I have never in my life saw anyone say that dude was even remotely serviceable. I thought someone saying Bonner was good was bad but Ayres is a whole different level of bad.
I think jeebus picked Ayres over Baynes too.

Sean Cagney
07-18-2015, 01:57 AM
I think jeebus picked Ayres over Baynes too.
SMFH Ayres is garbage..... I am glad he is gone. Bonner is back but I can live with that seeing one of them is gone and it's the worst one out of the two.

Mikeanaro
07-18-2015, 02:03 AM
SMFH Ayres is garbage..... I am glad he is gone. Bonner is back but I can live with that seeing one of them is gone and it's the worst one out of the two.
Ayres is perfect for ¨going to nowhere¨ teams, I´ve always been a Bon hater but at this point if the team fails or succeeds, he wont be a factor at all :lol.

Fuzzy Dunlop
07-18-2015, 02:07 AM
OP, you have great basketball takes. Ignore exstatic (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20), he's a faggot who actually thinks Jeff Ayres is a good basketball player.

:lol I remember det one. He tried so hard to convince everyone that shitty player was better than Baynes.

Sean Cagney
07-18-2015, 02:07 AM
Ayres is perfect for ¨going to nowhere¨ teams, I´ve always been a Bon hater but at this point if the team fails or succeeds, he wont be a factor at all :lol.

Hell yeah at this role he won't make or break the team so I could care less if he is back. His fan boys make me laugh with that he spreads the floor or it's more than numbers crap most of the time (Which is as joke) but him being back doesn't phase me because he won't have a big role on the team nor play much in the playoffs which is perfect.

timtonymanu
07-18-2015, 02:11 AM
CoJo's dunk was nasty, but I don't think it was as series-changing as some hype it up to be. :lol Pop starting Bonner/Diaw was the bigger adjustment since it forced Ibaka out of the paint.

Joseph Kony
07-18-2015, 02:13 AM
jeebus picking Errors over anyone? :lmao

SnakeBoy
07-18-2015, 02:21 AM
I agree with op that the addition Aldridge and West can

Mikeanaro
07-18-2015, 02:22 AM
Hell yeah at this role he won't make or break the team so I could care less if he is back. His fan boys make me laugh with that he spreads the floor or it's more than numbers crap most of the time (Which is as joke) but him being back doesn't phase me because he won't have a big role on the team nor play much in the playoffs which is perfect.
Bon Bon is like his 2007 phase... a complete nobody with no role at all, never understood that ¨spreads the floor¨thing always looked like a big red cone to me, most of his fans must be gingers like that kid with that ugly Bonnie haircut, I cant remember any particular shot or moment where I could say ¨thanks Matt you saved our asses¨.
That Laker series was a fluke Dwert just came from that back surgery, after that Bon never had any type of dominance again but he could be a good fouling tool for DeAndre and Josh Smith.
Why would George Karl want some Bon Bon? Thats a CIA Pop lie
:pop: Matty is too valuable to us.

Sean Cagney
07-18-2015, 03:26 AM
Bon Bon is like his 2007 phase... a complete nobody with no role at all, never understood that ¨spreads the floor¨thing always looked like a big red cone to me, most of his fans must be gingers like that kid with that ugly Bonnie haircut, I cant remember any particular shot or moment where I could say ¨thanks Matt you saved our asses¨.
That Laker series was a fluke Dwert just came from that back surgery, after that Bon never had any type of dominance again but he could be a good fouling tool for DeAndre and Josh Smith.
Why would George Karl want some Bon Bon? Thats a CIA Pop lie
:pop: Matty is too valuable to us.
He never hit a big shot imo sides one reg season game against Boston. He never had a last play drawn up for him and rightfully so. I dont remember him at the line late in a game to hit Fts which were big. He never made a signature play in a big game. His fans treat him like a special kid and say stats dont matter and he is a stretch 4 and knows the system but in reality they know he is a choker and sucks... That is just a fact, he sucks in the cot damn playoffs sides his famous first half start OKC game and one other game or two, whipty fucking doo after 9 playoff appearances. Im done now :lol.

FkLA
07-18-2015, 03:45 AM
For all the Matty Ice haters, the last two minutes vs Memphis in 2011 was his greatest moment as a Spur:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL7hWCpjhNQ&app=desktop

Of course per usual Enrique managed to fuck shit up by leaving Battier wide open the following possession. Not to mention the fact that he allowed a young Conley to go toe to toe with him.

timtonymanu
07-18-2015, 03:55 AM
For all the Matty Ice haters, the last two minutes vs Memphis in 2011 was his greatest moment as a Spur:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL7hWCpjhNQ&app=desktop

Of course per usual Enrique managed to fuck shit up by leaving Battier wide open the following possession. Not to mention the fact that he allowed a young Conley to go toe to toe with him.

Not to mention Enrique doing his usual dribble dribble dribble jump shot before Battier made that 3. :lol

FkLA
07-18-2015, 04:12 AM
Not to mention Enrique doing his usual dribble dribble dribble jump shot before Battier made that 3. :lol

Biggest choker to ever wear a Spurs jersey tbh.

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2015, 04:23 AM
I agree with op that the addition Aldridge and West can
Underrated post, tbh :lol

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2015, 04:24 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/375/421/fa3.gif

Uriel
07-18-2015, 06:09 AM
That CoJo dunk isn't often dismissed at all. It's his defining play as a member of the San Antonio Spurs.

Brox6
07-18-2015, 06:27 AM
Everytime Cojo enters the game, he is looking more to score than to pass.. That is why garbage time for the Spurs is Cojo's time

DeRozan m8
07-18-2015, 08:58 AM

Stop being so sensitive, champ

HankChinaski
07-18-2015, 09:18 AM
It wasn't so much that dunk it was our end of the bench unit out their hustling and playing harder than the 8-9 man rotation that was out on the floor prior to the game getting away from them. That was the key moment there.

SupremeGuy
07-18-2015, 09:47 AM
OP, you have great basketball takes. Ignore exstatic (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20), he's a faggot who actually thinks Jeff Ayres is a good basketball player.That shit was pretty fucking funny, tbh. :lol

littlecoyotecoin
07-18-2015, 11:49 AM
This thread flamed out with the title tbh. I don't know anyone who dismissed the CoJo dunk on Ibaka. It was a great play and showed some fight but lets not go crazy over it. The Spurs were resolved to set shit straight when they got back home. They never lost another game in the series.

Exactly. If anything, that dunk was over-hyped, and may have contributed to Joseph getting overpaid. It is probably the single most memorable thing Joseph did for most people, especially those nonSpurs fans. In what way it is often dismissed, I do not know.

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2015, 11:54 AM
OP, you have great basketball takes. Ignore exstatic (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20), he's a faggot who actually thinks Jeff Ayres is a good basketball player.
Didn't your dyke ass say the Clippers are better off without Deandre? :lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
07-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Start McCollum, bring Patty off the bench. Manu 3rd pg if we really need it.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-18-2015, 02:41 PM
The Turd Towers and Dick era. :rollin

Clipper Nation
07-18-2015, 08:36 PM
:lol I remember det one. He tried so hard to convince everyone that shitty player was better than Baynes.
Uh huh!

therealtruth
07-18-2015, 09:09 PM
No no no, not Kawhi, just Danny but as is customary, Pop will take out Danny when one mistake is made by the old sport
I think Kawhi should actually have been on CP3 in strategic situations like that last shot by CP3. He would have the length to recover to block/contest even after getting beat unlike DG. He made a similar stop on CP3 in the 2012 playoffs.

:lol Errors. Dude was probably the worst big Spurs have had in awhile. Francisco Elson was prime Hakeem in comparison
I thought Elson was actually pretty good with his ability to run the floor.

Biggest choker to ever wear a Spurs jersey tbh.
It seems like every playoff failure can be linked to TP not playing up to par. He's either MVP TP level or bust. Then we need a guy like Patty Mills/Speedy Claxton to save the day.

Kikoluna
07-18-2015, 10:20 PM
I guess my point was that the addition of Aldridge and west has us on this high, but the point guard situation is our potential doom. Cory's defense and patty's offense made up for the well documented ineptitude of number 9. Now Cory is gone and I'm sure Aldridge and west can't guard cocky cp3 or mr. Chewing on mouthpiece.