PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Calling my shot -->> D'Angelo Russell will be a bust

Splits
07-18-2015, 01:30 AM
Don't bother replying to this thread until 2018. I'm not interested in LakerHomer's rose colored glasses response right now. Just bookmark this thread and realize I'm right in the following facts:

1) D'Bust will not make the NBA All-Rookie team this year
2) D'Bust will not play a playoff game in his first 3 NBA years
3) D'Bust will not shoot higher than 42% in any of his first 3 seasons

If this kid was not near Kirby, and had a coach like Pop, he would be a superstar. He's got the tools. But he's going into the most toxic situation in NBA history also known as the Purple-N-Piss. He's going to bust out.

Mitch
07-18-2015, 01:33 AM
Alright, Splitsy

Splits
07-18-2015, 01:33 AM
Alright, Splitsy

Don't bother replying to this thread until 2018

Mitch
07-18-2015, 01:40 AM
Alright, Splitsy

Mikeanaro
07-18-2015, 02:08 AM
To be fair, even if the kid were great Lakers are not gonna smell the playoffs for a long long time.

Raven
07-18-2015, 02:21 AM
i don't know about all rookie first team, he may be there just because of minutes.. One thing about him that makes me happy the most, is that the kid doesn't have upside. Aside of good size for the position, he has nothing that he can rely on to be great. He is a project, but why invest in a project without raw tools, they need to build him up from scratch. He's not a good passer, he is not a good shooter, he is not athletic and loses a ton of balls. I guess they thought he could be a steph curry or chris paul type of player, but you could make that argument about almost any player that plays the position. I won't say he has no chance to succeed, but that the lakers made a mistake is clear.

100%duncan
07-18-2015, 02:21 AM
This nigga wouldnt shine in any system.

Biernutz
07-18-2015, 02:28 AM
The way the Lakers are building him up.....see how he reacts to the pressure.....

~O~
07-18-2015, 02:45 AM
D'Angelo Russel was a great shooter in college. He should be able to shoot over 43 percent in a season. If not, you get the major nod. Save for reference.

spursistan
07-18-2015, 02:56 AM
i don't know about all rookie first team, he may be there just because of minutes.. One thing about him that makes me happy the most, is that the kid doesn't have upside. Aside of good size for the position, he has nothing that he can rely on to be great. He is a project, but why invest in a project without raw tools, they need to build him up from scratch. He's not a good passer, he is not a good shooter, he is not athletic and loses a ton of balls. I guess they thought he could be a steph curry or chris paul type of player, but you could make that argument about almost any player that plays the position. I won't say he has no chance to succeed, but that the lakers made a mistake is clear.
Great point..If he is walking into the Spurs Org to be under the wing Pop and Chip Englland, i would be optimistic about such project, but he is joining a dumspter fire of a franchise with the most antiquated coach in the NBA..There is no immunity for him against the various bad habits of losing..People underestimate the impact of formative nba years for young players who are good but aren't transformative talent in their own right..Imagine how much behind the curve Kawhi would have been now had he joined the Kings or Magic..

Splits
10-30-2015, 11:22 PM
D'Bust

So many picks are going to be better than this douchebag. Cauley-Stein, Mudiay, OKAFOR

Okafor