PDA

View Full Version : Duncan nominated for an NBPA Players' Award; will be aired on BET July 21 in Vegas

DenialTwist
07-18-2015, 05:56 PM
National Basketball Players Association announced it's nominees for the 1st ever Annual Players' Awards - July 21 on BET

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-07-09/nbpa-players-awards-nominees-steph-curry-lebron-james
http://www.bet.com/shows/the-players-awards.html

Tim Duncan was nominated for the "player you secretly wished was on your team" but Kawhi Leonard was snubbed in the "best defender" category along with Draymond Green and Rudy Gobert.

"A few interesting non-nominations were made. NBA Rookie of the Year runners-up Nikola Mirotic and Nerlens Noel weren't nominated for best rookie, likely because neither took traditional paths to their rookie seasons. NBA Defensive Player of the Year Kawhi Leonard and runner-up Draymond Green weren't on the best defender list."

exstatic
07-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Failawards, tbh

Astray
07-18-2015, 06:07 PM
:rollinIf Davis or DJ wins best defender.

Spurtacular
07-18-2015, 06:15 PM
The reasons for KL being snubbed are two fold:

1. The award is going to be biased towards help defenders who affect a greater range of players.
2. The people that KL shut down are likely resentful and not wanting to vote for him.

steeledl
07-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Sounds like suspect candidates for certain awards but I've always wanted to see player voted awards.

Brian Windhorst
07-18-2015, 06:23 PM
...will air on BET...

Yeah I'm good.

daslicer
07-18-2015, 06:24 PM
The reasons for KL being snubbed are two fold:

1. The award is going to be biased towards help defenders who affect a greater range of players.
2. The people that KL shut down are likely resentful and not wanting to vote for him.

Notice how Draymond Green also got snubbed for the award. Leads me to believe that a lot of these players are giving these awards based on saltiness hence the reason why players should never be allowed to vote for MVP.

JakeCuenca
07-18-2015, 06:28 PM
John Wall said he doesn't even care about this award a few months ago and will probably just throw away his ballot because he doesn't have time for this shit... :lol

Also, players aren't exactly the smartest of bunches..It's called genetic lottery.

Lebron controls the NBAPA

InRareForm
07-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Things not to DVR

Nathan89
07-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Do people show up to this award show? How did the determine the winners?

Spur|n|Austin
07-18-2015, 07:02 PM
I'd rather watch Greys Anatomy.

Spurtacular
07-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Notice how Draymond Green also got snubbed for the award. Leads me to believe that a lot of these players are giving these awards based on saltiness hence the reason why players should never be allowed to vote for MVP.

I noticed that. I just didn't think DG deserved to be stated in the same breath as KL. TBH, KL maybe just had the best defensive season by a wing since the days of Pippen if not ever.

hater
07-18-2015, 08:27 PM
BET still exists?

SPURt
07-18-2015, 08:33 PM
I bet Tim takes Tony along so he doesn't feel slighted:
http://assets.espn.go.com/sportscenter/images/DUNCAN_WHALE103321628.jpg

daslicer
07-18-2015, 09:02 PM
I noticed that. I just didn't think DG deserved to be stated in the same breath as KL. TBH, KL maybe just had the best defensive season by a wing since the days of Pippen if not ever.

I'm not a fan of DG either I just brought his name up to show how salty these players are when it comes to voting for these awards. KL is definitely not nominated due to saltiness of his peers. Anyways these awards don't mean anything.